We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: reavers!!!!!!!

Re: reavers!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by morry2001 View Post
    all what i want to say.

make the charge like before.

i dont care if i die but do you?
    the reaver dont need to be stars hugger.
    when i attack then iam going in one way and there is no way to go back but its not fun or even fair that each time a stuped burg FM me.
    and iam soloing all the time though.

please read the thread first before you respon.
    so you want the old charge where reavers are the only class in the game immune to a CJ?

o shnap i see why you made this now!! Poor baby, someone needs to change it so he can charge in and out of a freep raid and back to his bridge of npc's! where is my hunter's "immunity to any CC along with FM immunity?" this thread makes me want to transfer my burg and directly target you every time (i wont even attack you, ill just trip you from stealth and watch others take you down)

When champs get cj immunity in CBR then reavers can have damn cj immunity in charge, you dont even get -90% incoming healing or -60 morale a second plus your mitigations are insane and you have 10k morale, stop whining.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042070000000cbc65/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Ok Mr.OP, really??
    First off, you are very hard to understand, try to make complete sentences please. Next off, I really think that Reavers are really overpowered, on my rank 5 reaver, I can beat any normal class except for guards, only because of their heals and bpe.

I really made my reaver so I could have a class that I could run in, kill someone, then die myself. If you made a reaver and expected to live, then you picked the wrong one. The tooltip for a reaver says that (from memory), "The Reaver is at home in the heat of battle, and few places else." I think that this one sentence says that a reaver should not use charge to run in, then run back to your npc's.

Reavers are op, but you know whats even more op? A warg at rank 14 or 15 with a 10m brand, then use sprint... 20s of reaver type charge, and another 40 seconds of immunity
    Would be so awesome...

hi every one, many people playing the pvp in ettenmoors and every expantion or update we look to see if turbine finaly care about the creeps but what they do is giving a ridiculous updats to the creep side.

every one know very well that the freeps comes to ettenmoors and they are already rank15 but the creeps need to fight and kill so they can get there skills and trait.

and every one knows that the single skill that make the reaver affective is charge but ones its done then he is scrude becuase he shall get slows and dazes and .......

now lets see what turbine did for the reavers, burgs can stune the reavers and stop theres charge so that means if there are more then 3 burgs or more and each one use 2 skills to stop the charge so we end upp by getting killed every time we attack

the charge skill durction is 8s and i cant use it in battle besides the cd is 45s so i moste make a good damge on my target in this 8s but after that iam scrude so what the hack turbine!!!!!!!

is that what you doing between each expantion, pissing the people off?

i sweer every time that happen i say in occ chanall* **** you turbine*
    what words come to mind...hmmm

someone

died

in

pvp
    [B][COLOR=cyan][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/06205000000039d09/signature.png]Viloxus[/charsig]
    8-time Grand Champion Guinness Drinker[/COLOR][/B]
    [SIZE=2][B][COLOR=silver]June 2008 model in "Failmasters of 2008" Calendar[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][SIZE=2]
    [B][COLOR=green]Making the world a better place one less pair of pants at a time :p [/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by nolins12 View Post
    On the Overpowered chain: Wargs<Reavers<Rks<Guards<<<<<< Everyone else
    You left Wardens and spiders off that list. Try to kill a heal spamming warden on a reaver, I dare you.

Captains are the most overpowered class in the moors.

Nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by Insi View Post
    You left Wardens and spiders off that list. Try to kill a heal spamming warden on a reaver, I dare you.
    Try to kill any Rk that has any clue what they are doing. Snare + kite + ranged dps on the move = dead reaver.

Also Guardians hit like a truck now a days. Plus they have 2 CJ's, One they have to be stunned to use and the other is a critt of "to the king".

Did we forget Lore-masters with their tar and burning embers?

There's even a couple of hunters on my server that actually have very good success against reavers. The problem is that they are the only ones that really have a clue how to solo as a hunter in the moors. The rest just sit there and pew pew or try to run away.

In a 1 vs 1 reavers are not OP. In group vs group with healer support is where they are over the top.

I'm not going to sit here and complain about CJ's because everybody has to deal with them. I do think it needs to be changed but only if it is changed for all. Reavers should not have the only skill that makes them immune to CJ's or a counter to it.

This is definitely not a good time to be complaining about anything on creep side.
    Last edited by bambam21; May 06 2010 at 11:50 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/06205000000002f5c/signature.png]Bambam[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Overtone View Post
    Brother man...Reavers are so stupid OP right now. I rolled my Reaver once for two hours post-SoM and was absolutely sickened by the lack of challenge the class now poses. I imagine their effectiveness will be toned down a bit when Freeps finally get First Age weapons, but we'll see.

Reavers aren't OP... maybe Rank 10+ they are tough (solo)... but the remaining aren't.

I wish folks would learn how to PvP before being allowed to pass subjective judgements in these forums.

Kiting Reavers = Win

There... you have the recipe for success now... go forth and conquer a Reaver.

dud roll a reaver before you talk and if you did then you dont know any thing about reavers besides i play my reaver as a main so sometimes there are no place for me att some battles so i log because some times it get realy nasty when there are to many RKs and other DPS classes besides the burgs.
    Sigh.

Learn to use proper grammar if you are going to attempt to make a legitimate response or reply. If I could have multiple signatures up at once I certainly would. I played my reaver to rank 6, got bored with it. Its a great class to play, the funnest for myself on creepside. It is an awesome time to play a reaver, the ones on my server are very successful.

If you aren't having fun, or aren't winning your fights I suggest /ragequit and find a new game.

Because it is just that.

A game.
    Second Marshal Hurth
    Skill and Valour
    Arkenstone

Quote Originally Posted by bambam21 View Post
    Try to kill any Rk that has any clue what they are doing. Snare + kite + ranged dps on the move = dead reaver.

Also Guardians hit like a truck now a days. Plus they have 2 CJ's, One they have to be stunned to use and the other is a critt of "to the king".

Did we forget Lore-masters with their tar and burning embers?
    QFT

Also like someone said above spam healing wardens are close to impossible to solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Murtanion View Post
    Reavers own everything.
    except the conj in charge, reavers are ok...

now, they dont own everything... every freeps who know how to kite, can destroy a reaver... and no decent warden will lose against a reaver

wardens arent OP, spam healing is all they have since they dont have good DPS, but if you CC them enough along with stacking bleeds they arent so bada$$

Quote Originally Posted by Panahasi View Post
    Reavers aren't OP... maybe Rank 10+ they are tough (solo)... but the remaining aren't.

I wish folks would learn how to PvP before being allowed to pass subjective judgements in these forums.

Kiting Reavers = Win

There... you have the recipe for success now... go forth and conquer a Reaver.
    Quote Originally Posted by irkel View Post
    except the conj in charge, reavers are ok...

now, they dont own everything... every freeps who know how to kite, can destroy a reaver... and no decent warden will lose against a reaver
    are you all insane? reavers arent OP?
    1) By rank 6 and up reavers have 9k+ morale (the average unbuffed freep has
    4k-6k morale excluding warden/gaurd/captain)
    2) Imo are the #1 hardest hitting melee class in game(maybe a gaurd can best them but
    thats just "maybe"
    3) Can rend 2.3k armor from a target (basically leaving anything in light armor naked)
    4) Heavy armor class
    5) Devastating strike, which happens to crit 85% of the time can change the tide of any
    fight
    6) They reflect 35 fire damage upon every hit you land on them, in a 1v1 fight with a 9k
    reaver you will lose 1.5kHP soley on reflect damage...the average unbuffed freep has
    5.5k morale (excluding warden/gaurd/captain)

Ive beaten reavers on my hunter here and there by kiting on my hunter but the fact that reavers are so resistant to CC makes the kiting near impossible....combine the block,parry,evade and resist chance of a reaver and you will only land a melee/range slow 50% of the time.

FIX:

*no reaver should pass 8k morale

*remove melee resistance completely (tactical classes only need to deal with resists then
    melee's should only have to deal with bpe)

*reavers rend of armour should only remove 1.5k armour( champs remove 700 even with the
    legacy so i think this is fair)

-but of course it doesnt matter what i believe cause turbine will never nerf creeps
    (creep side is overpopulated for a reason which most players hate to admit, the reason is
    it is no challenge and provides easy kills. button mashers feel at home)
    Last edited by sebo2yoface; May 07 2010 at 02:46 AM.

First off, I disagree with the OP. Reavers are fine right now. Just sounds like the OP doesn't know how to play the Reaver intelligently. No offense to the actual intelligence of the OP, just maybe you need to rethink how you play the class.

Quote Originally Posted by sebo2yoface View Post
    wardens arent OP, spam healing is all they have since they dont have good DPS, but if you CC them enough along with stacking bleeds they arent so bada$$
    Please tell me of the great CC of the reaver? a slow and a disarm.... anything else? And a pretty hefty cd on the disarm when compared to freep NPC's. And please tell me of the other bleeds I can put on a warden to stack with my lacerate. No, I'm serious. I think I might have a bug because I only see 1 bleed.

2) Imo are the #1 hardest hitting melee class in game(maybe a gaurd can best them but
    thats just "maybe"
    3) Can rend 2.3k armor from a target (basically leaving anything in light armor naked)
    4) Heavy armor class
    5) Devastating strike, which happens to crit 85% of the time can change the tide of any
    fight
    6) They reflect 35 fire damage upon every hit you land on them, in a 1v1 fight with a 9k
    reaver you will lose 1.5kHP soley on reflect damage...the average unbuffed freep has
    1. Yes they can. But if they do so, they will not entitle themselves to your number 2. I, myself, sit at 7700.
    2. I have been hit harder by a champ with Remorseless Strike (3300+ unbuffed) than I will ever hit a lvl 65 freep with my DS in Dying Rage and with the WL damage buff. They might have the best sustainable dps of melee classes, but Capt's DS crit hit as hard (I see 1800 consistently from my server's Capt's) and Guardians crit very high as well.
    3. Only decent point I see in your list. And out of all the skills you think is OP, you pick this one? k
    4. Its a melee class with no stealth option, no ranged capabilities, and only 2 AOE's for mid-rank. Yea I'm not seeing your point on how this makes them OP.
    5. I WISH my DS critted 85% of the time. On average over the course of the night I think a more realistic number would be between 50%. Oh yea, and it can only be used when the target I'm trying to kill is already below half health. Compared to burst tactical DPS classes? Give me a break.
    6. Its 36 damage. I've been 3 shotted post SoM by a hunter. I reflected 108 damage to him before I died. Whats your point?
    Last edited by Turril; May 07 2010 at 03:15 AM.

Sigh.

Learn to use proper grammar if you are going to attempt to make a legitimate response or reply.
    English is not his first language.

Quote Originally Posted by Turril View Post

And please tell me of the other bleeds I can put on a warden to stack with my lacerate. No, I'm serious. I think I might have a bug because I only see 1 bleed.
    Well there is another one at rank 12 called mutilation. You're on your way there. GO GO GO!!!!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/06205000000002f5c/signature.png]Bambam[/charsig]

dud roll a reaver before you talk and if you did then you dont know any thing about reavers besides i play my reaver as a main so sometimes there are no place for me att some battles so i log because some times it get realy nasty when there are to many RKs and other DPS classes besides the burgs.
    Maybe you are just bad... Why don't you play a freep out there and see what happens? If you're so bad on your reaver that you QQ on the forums about not being able to kill people because they outplayed you, I can only imagine what you would do if you played a freep out there. I have a rank 9 reaver, and I can say that reavers are FINE and probably too fine.

By the way everybody, I'm certain that blood of fire is 39 damage. It went up 3 from moria to SoM.

thats just "maybe"
    4) Heavy armor class
    fight

Ive beaten reavers on my hunter here and there by kiting on my hunter but the fact that reavers are so resistant to CC makes the kiting near impossible....combine the block,parry,evade and resist chance of a reaver and you will only land a melee/range slow 50% of the time.

FIX:

*no reaver should pass 8k morale

*remove melee resistance completely (tactical classes only need to deal with resists then
    melee's should only have to deal with bpe)

*reavers rend of armour should only remove 1.5k armour( champs remove 700 even with the
    legacy so i think this is fair)

-but of course it doesnt matter what i believe cause turbine will never nerf creeps
    (creep side is overpopulated for a reason which most players hate to admit, the reason is
    it is no challenge and provides easy kills. button mashers feel at home)
    Disagree with everything on here except for maybe making sunder curable, increase the power cost, or decrease the debuff. A logical nerf would be to increase the power cost of ravage and/or increase the cooldown. Aren't you one of the people that cried about the new dying rage when vol 3 was released?
    Last edited by babaju2; May 07 2010 at 03:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jace07 View Post
    From what i've seen on my server, i agree with bambam21. When reavers are in my group with warleaders, they are devastating. They are not that effective 1v1 against wardens, loremasters, minstrels, and arguably rks. If those players are well outfitted/traited/experienced, they should not lose against a reaver imo. heck, minstrels just need to stand there and heal, making sure to keep morale above dev. level, until reaver runs out of power, or they can fight them kiting with 30% slow alternating fears and stuns while keeping reaver from charging by using the flying swords to keep them in combat. loremasters and rks kite. wardens - it should never be close. It's not the kiting, it's the b/p/e. reavers blow up champs and hunters and have "great" chances against tanks and burgs, imo through watching reavers on my server - may vary on other servers?
    Burgs should absolutely destroy reavers with the 8.4m trick range legacy. Hunters have a massive chance of winning if they have the 50% quick shot legacy, a better chance than the reaver has. Champs that pop cb and ss can pull it off too, but not very easily. I've played on 3 servers.

Thanks for the lolz OP!

Burgs should absolutely destroy reavers with the 8.4m trick range legacy. Hunters have a massive chance of winning if they have the 50% quick shot legacy, a better chance than the reaver has. Champs that pop cb and ss can pull it off too, but not very easily. I've played on 3 servers.
    That would depend on resists which were recently heavily boosted. Even with the 50% QS legacy (I'd honestly rather have a -phsyical resist), 20-40% of your shots are B/P/E'd or resisted.

Smile Re: reavers!!!!!!!

is it hard for the people to keep there replys in respect?

if you dont have something to say then why you reply?

if you just want to dissrespect the others then why you even bather us with your replys?

i said what i think and if you have something to say it then say it with respect.

(when i read this post and i lol) if this what you can say then why i and some people bather with making threads.

turbine made this forum so every one can show there ideas and what they think so if you dont have something ells to do then dissrespect people then finde anather post!!!

with my full respect

Sigh.

Learn to use proper grammar if you are going to attempt to make a legitimate response or reply. If I could have multiple signatures up at once I certainly would. I played my reaver to rank 6, got bored with it. Its a great class to play, the funnest for myself on creepside. It is an awesome time to play a reaver, the ones on my server are very successful.
    I'm not usually a grammar policeman, but if you are going to criticize someone for improper grammar, it's best not to have a grammatical mistake in your post. (Here's a hint, reaver was the MOST FUN for you on creepside.)

As for the guy who said healspamming wardens aren't OP, you obviously have never tried to fight one on a melee class. Their heals can easily stack up to cancel out what dps a reaver can get through their massive block/parry. This is a pretty circular argument, but the bottom line is that a solo reaver, while strong, is not the biggest dog on the block in this game. Properly played guards, burgs, rks, and wardens should win much more than they lose. Probably could add minstrels and lms to that list as well.

I'm not usually a grammar policeman, but if you are going to criticize someone for improper grammar, it's best not to have a grammatical mistake in your post. (Here's a hint, reaver was the MOST FUN for you on creepside.)

As for the guy who said healspamming wardens aren't OP, you obviously have never tried to fight one on a melee class. Their heals can easily stack up to cancel out what dps a reaver can get through their massive block/parry. This is a pretty circular argument, but the bottom line is that a solo reaver, while strong, is not the biggest dog on the block in this game. Properly played guards, burgs, rks, and wardens should win much more than they lose. Probably could add minstrels and lms to that list as well.
    Heh, thats what I get for posting at midnight. lol

Spam healing Wardens are a tough fight for any class but spiders. I don't personally trait heals that often but when I do I almost never lose. I fought a few reavers last night consecutively and I only got below 2k morale once, and that was with dying rage. Just out of curiosity though, what is the cooldown on resilience?
    Second Marshal Hurth
    Skill and Valour
    Arkenstone

Heh, thats what I get for posting at midnight. lol

Spam healing Wardens are a tough fight for any class but spiders. I don't personally trait heals that often but when I do I almost never lose. I fought a few reavers last night consecutively and I only got below 2k morale once, and that was with dying rage. Just out of curiosity though, what is the cooldown on resilience?
    1 minute IIRC. I haven't really put any time into the game since March, so what's left of my memory isn't all that reliable.

I couldn't agree more. Charge should last for a minute, have a 5 second cool down, should be immune to all negative effects (just like when you're carrying the relics). In addition, I think Charge should add to your damage by 125%. oh and you should be be able to get it off while in combat.

You know what else bugs me? It's too slow. It should have a 400%+ speed bump.

If Turbine doesn't make these changes, it's worthless.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast