We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Axes of the Dwarves - June 2010 Landroval RP/PvM

Just a note to people who Creep on other servers, we are planning a big RP/PvM war on Landroval at the start of June. An all-dwarf army will be carrying out a series of missions to end with a catyclysmic battle in Delving of Fror. Most of the fighting though is intended to occur in out of the way areas (hopefully thereby less laggy) that don't usually see lots of action, and are in areas with neutral or Creep NPC.

The whole thing will last for maybe a week, depending on how things turn out. The event is NOT pre-cooked - whoever wins, wins, and this will be reflected in the accompanying RP storyline (linked in the announcement thread near the bottom).

Anyone is welcome to come Creep on Landroval during the event. The theme is reavers, but feel free to bring whatever class you like. I think given our previous successful event, the Oathbreakers Halloween 2009 war, we will have a great turnout (our October 2009 event brought a Turbine rep to the Moors to investigate all the lag we created, heh).

Here is the thread with more info on the Axes of the Dwarves event:

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=317374

And here is the movie from our October 2009 event:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0mnsNajb-4

Keep an eye out for announcements in the Landroval PvM forum as we get to June, which will give the actual times of the events each night and what particular task the dwarf army and their allies are aiming to accomplish.
    Gobblemoss - Rank 11 Weaver
    Servant of the Lord of the Rings
    Shadowclan Tribe, Landroval

Re: Axes of the Dwarves - June 2010 Landroval RP/PvM

For those who want to Creep on Landroval during the event and participate in a more organized way, we are creating an all-reaver tribe. It will be called the Tomb Guard and be run by a veteran Creep with the White Hand Tribe. His reaver is named Togash. I will ask him to post here so anyone who plans to come over can get their reaver into the tribe.

The Tomb Guard, as part of the storyline, is dedicated to fighting the Dwarven Host in close combat and especially to protecting the Delving of Fror and ensuring Gaergoth the Unbound does not fall!

Yeap, I'll be leading the Reaver Tribe for Gobble's event in June. Looking for some Reavers, a few Defilers, and maybe a couple wargs for scouts. If interested, shoot me a /tell in game on either Tobash(my warg) or Togash(my reaver).

On a side note. When this event is over, I will either be disbanding the tribe or turning it over to someone who wants it.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0100001d63e1/signature.png]Togash[/charsig]
    Tobinath lvl 65 Hunter / Cuthwine lvl 65 Captain Officer of Explorers of Middle Earth
    Tobash R7 Warg / Togash R7 Reaver The White Hand

Quote Originally Posted by TobycatofBree View Post
    Yeap, I'll be leading the Reaver Tribe for Gobble's event in June. Looking for some Reavers, a few Defilers, and maybe a couple wargs for scouts. If interested, shoot me a /tell in game on either Tobash(my warg) or Togash(my reaver).

On a side note. When this event is over, I will either be disbanding the tribe or turning it over to someone who wants it.
    All who plan to come over and make a new creep for the June Landroval war should consider joining the Tomb Guard all-reaver tribe...it will be a lot of fun fighting the dwarf hordes!

The campaign will start June 20th!

So i have to start over again? By the time this is over, my creep will be like r5 or have 0 rating.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0720600000003c27b/signature.png]Ralcam[/charsig]

Only need to start over if you want to make a reaver for this tribe. It is totally optional though. Any Creep, of whatever class, is welcome.

As part of the pre-campaign RP and to generate buzz Creep-side, we held a Monster flash mob in Gramsfoot on June 11. The forces of Saruman tried to sieze control of the fortress, resisted by those loyal to the Great Eye!

Some screenshots from the thread:

http://forums.lotro.com/showpost.php...5&postcount=66

The campaign starts this coming Saturday, June 19th, at 10 pm and through 2 am! There will be an announcement thread in the coming days with a few more details. But the event will run nightly during that time frame for about 1 week.

A new video is up with a informative campaign thread:

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...81#post4735081

Even if you don't play on Landroval or plan to be there regularly, Creeps from other servers are welcome to come Creep Landroval the week of the event. There should be plenty of targets and the fighting is going to be largely open-field or in parts of the map (e.g. Isendeep) where we hope lag will be less. As for the Delving of Fror, just pray to the Lag God is sleeping that night, heh...

We have a special tribe set up for the event to accomodate people who want to pop over and make a new creep. It is an all-reaver (reaver only) tribe called the Tomb Guard. It will be run by a Landroval Creep regular called Togash. Make a reaver and join this tribe to fight with during the event. That way you don't have to run around solo. I think they will have a defiler or two to raid with them so they will have some healing. But otherwise it will be an all-reaver raid to tangle up close with the dwarves. Just pop into /OOC and ask for Togash or the Tomb Guard. I think they are setting it up so any tribe member can invite.
    Last edited by Cembrye; Jun 18 2010 at 04:55 PM.

Twelve hours to D (Dwarf) Day! Again, feel free to pop over and Creep for this. The event lasts all week, starting tonight at 10pm EST and running til 2 am. Same time frame each night through the 26th. New reavers have a tribe called Tomb Guard they can join, just ask in /OOC - it is being run by Togash.

Some screenies of night 1:

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=338737

We fight each night from 10 pm to 2 am EST through June 26th! Come join the fun!

We almost crashed zone in 1st fight, but later on the lag eased up some and we had some huge battles around dwarf camp that lasted quite a while.

JUNE 20 REPORT

OOC - lesser numbers of dwarves tonight, we had about 10-11 (versus the 30 or so we had the first night) so we had to ratchet back our ambitions a little. This was why we got started a little later tonight (we didn't get out of GV until about 10:45 pm EST). That said, we decided to adapt to realities and formed a joint Dwarf/Titans raid, with some others pitching in later. We coordinated with the other Freep raid led by Jamall, but mainly the division of labor was the dwarves and their allies spending LOTS of time in dwarf camp again (ending inevitably with our demise - heh). But we had some very long battles there. I think the fun part of the goals was accomplished for many. You never see fights in dwarf camp like we had these last two nights (and you probably won't see them again). Hope everyone enjoyed themselves.

The best part of the night for the dwarves/Titans raid was the last charge into Dwarf Camp. We surprised the Creeps and I got to kill a sleeping Moof-1, heh. It ended with the very rare sight of a half-raid of Creeps jumping off the cliff by dwarf camp to escape us. Woo-hoo, hope we got some footage of that to balance the otherwise usual defeats we suffered there. That last charge with Creeps leaping off the cliff made me think of the movie 300 ("they look thirsty! "let's give them something to drink!")

Another VERY neat moment was when we had a long fight going and one of the Free Peoples musicians struck up a Scottish regimental tune on the bagpipes! Fighting with a dwarf army to the sound of bagpipes - does it get any cooler than that?

Did the Dwarves accomplish Task I the first two nights? I think it was a qualified yes for two reasons. On the first night, we did spend that first entire day/night cycle at the camp undefeated. We wiped in the pre-dawn, but we had arrived during the day. The victory conditions had changed a week ago to account for the fact we couldn't judge when day/night would fall. The second reason to count it, is that the Dwarves and the Dwarf friends showed commendable resolve coming back to hold dwarf camp over and over and over for two nights, despite wipes and despite some unfortunate criticism they received for sticking to their goals.

Bear in mind - the dwarves and their allies are out there this week to attempt certain things that are not the usual. We are not there to fight from EC, fight from 1-shots, etc. We are not there to rack up reknown while avoiding dying. This week, we are going a little crazy and we hope as many of you can come along for the fun as possible.

One last note: we are shortening the nightly session for the remaining tasks II-IV to THREE hours. We will start again at 10 pm EST but we will end at 1 am EST. People were getting weary with a four hour session. So this seemed like a good idea, especially given how the next four sessions are work week nights.

Tommorrow night and the night after, Monday the 21st and Tuesday the 22nd, we will attempt Task II. This is to raid Grothum and kill the Goblin leader Bok, then try to hold out in Grothum as long as we can, killing as many goblins as we can. This is another task where success will be judged by both results and also for making a good effort. It may be very tough to hold Grothum and I don't think anyone has tried this either. But lets see what happens!

IC: huzzah! well done dwarves and dwarf friends!

JUNE 21 REPORT

OOC - the big attack on Grothum started out with a bang, as the Free Peoples rushed in, killed Bok and released prisoner, and then held camp for decent period. But that was the high point of the night for the dwarves and their allies as the Creeps came back strong. We managed to get into camp again once or twice and hold for a decent little while, but several other attempts either ended in bloody failure or we were held outside the gates. One of the early stalemate fights outside the south entrance of Grothum lasted a very long time. The Creeps archers made good use of large rocks around Grothum to post themselves and rain down arrows. All in all, although there was hard fighting and the Free Peoples managed to kill Bok and establish at least a brief presence a few times, the Creeps did a great job defending.

The Free Peoples tried to spread things out by taking some keeps, and made a couple of tries to get the crucial TR rezz circle. Isendeep and Lumber Camp were taken in the course of these distractions. Minor attempts on TA and Lugz also failed. The Creeps refused to be tricked into abandoning the main target of Grothum, and were ready and waiting with a hot reception as soon as the Free Peoples came back.

One highlight of the night for Hurok: he rushed Bok during one fight and had him to about 100 morale before the monsters got him, Bok escaping with a sliver of health! Not sure who Creep was there, but they saved Bok from a cruel fate! As the night wore on, the Creeps did a great job keeping Bok safe, which is tough since he has less than 5 k morale and he can't be healed.

The other highlight was right at the end. The dwarves and dwarf friends had gathered at Ost for a last line-up and parting words from our leader Thingvi. Right in the middle of Hurok's intro speech this Creep group crashed into us! It was hilarious - imagine a motorcyle gang riding into your high school diploma ceremony, that was what it felt like, heh.

Edge to Creeps on Day 3! Free Peoples made a hard try at it, but Grothum remained largely in Creep hands. The Creeps were very well organized and used good tactics. There was hardly a spot on the map that didn't seem to have a stealthed warg or spider sentry. The BA's were murderous. And there seemed no end to suicidally charging reavers or pouncing wargs. For the Free Peoples, we had some very determined folk out who were always ready to regroup and give it another shot. I think both sides tonight deserve applause for standing toe to toe for almost the whole time period.

We gather again tommorrow to bring yet more battle to Grothum! The Free Peoples have been asked to mass recruit and see if they can bring more into the ranks. We will regather our strength to confront the Creeps once more in the heart of the goblin lord's realm!

IC: a hard night for us brothers and sisters! We slew many monsters but the goblins remain defiant. We salute once more the dwarves and dwarf friends for standing steadfastly in the ranks as we made assault after assault. BARUK KHAZAD! The war continues tommorrow! Gather at 10 pm EST in Glen Vraig for night 2 of the Grothum offensive.

Just a quick note to thank any and all who came over for the event. We had some lag issues, but we did get some decent big fights going too! Now I just need to recover from planning and running this *pants*.