We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Any Healers not getting invited?

I'm a rank 4 defiler on viyla, I never get invited to groups, despite asking. I guess dps pretty much runs the show out there now, and healers are considered useless. Anyone else having the same problem? I think what the creeps really want me to do is heal but not be in their group.

Re: Any Healers not getting invited?

Sorry to hear that you are having problems grouping even though you want to. The harsh reality is that non-healy types do not automatically deserve to be healed or rezzed, especially if they are not grouping with you and thus not sharing some infamy gain. You aren't there simply for their benefit. It's either mutual benefit, or every man for themselves.

I play a defiler myself and when I'm solo I only really make tactical use of my heals (to keep targets alive long enough for freeps to overextend, or to keep targets alive long enough for me to make my escape if we are about to get rolled). I'll rez if it's convenient, simple as that. If people expect a pocket healer then they should be willing to share the infamy.

Really? If this is the case, you should come on over to Silverlode. I'm almost always the only healer, and have to convince people to get on their defiler or warleader to help me heal. Healers are always welcome in my groups and raids, in fact I prefer them over more DPS classes. I'm baffled at the fact that you have such a hard time getting a group. I would invite you without a pause.

Often there is a lot of distrust towards low ranking healers, because quite simply, many of them do not heal. However, if you have demonstrated that you are a competent healer and people will not invite you, then that is a problem.

Firstly, if people refuse to invite you, you are under no obligation to heal them. They are effectively leeching infamy off your healing skills while you get none. If they want free heals and rezzes then they need to share their infamy with you, simple. Many people will not automatically invite someone, but if you ask they will. My advice would be, when you first log on, heal a few people out of grp while asking around for invites. If noone invites you, start chucking gourds and **** and if people complain, tell them that if they want heals and rezzes, they need to invite you. It goes both ways.

Finally, as Grievious pointed out, there is a lack of competent healers on Silverlode.
    I play a rank 10 Reaver on Silverlode, and whilst I never go out and automatically invite people to group with me, if they do ask, and they have been looking after me, I will usually invite them. I've had a lot of bad experiences with inviting low ranked healers however, but the fact that you are here on the forums asking these questions signifies a genuine commitment about wanting to play a support class well.

I think things will likely improve and you'll get group invites, but if you don't, playing a defiler in the long term is tough. You really have 3 options
    1) continue to grind it out on your defiler
    2) roll a different class (reaver, warg, spider)
    3) try a different server

All the best.

What time do you normally play at when this happens? I am going assume you never come into creep vent. Usually anyone in vent can get a group if they want to. Also, are you in a tribe? Being in a tribe generally helps as well if you are having trouble finding a group.

Quote Originally Posted by detrimentalicon View Post
    I'm a rank 4 defiler on viyla, I never get invited to groups, despite asking. I guess dps pretty much runs the show out there now, and healers are considered useless. Anyone else having the same problem? I think what the creeps really want me to do is heal but not be in their group.
    no clue who ya creep name is ? usually I have open raids and invite anyone no matter what tribe tag they wear based on two conditions .

1) follow the paw

2) have in game voice turn on .

other then that if ya ever see me on and i have a group going feel free to pm me for inv .
    i take all ranks and classes in group .

Lots of good suggestions here. Just to reiterate probably the most important one, make sure you don't give the impression of being a defiler who hits freeps while creeps are dying. Folks often don't want those defilers in the group as they're just dead weight.

Once people realize you are healing and not hitting whenever the sh-- hits the fan, there shouldn't be a problem most days with getting an invite assuming you can get along with others. The best defiler in the world probably won't get invites if he's a complete dbag. lol

Quote Originally Posted by finnegan View Post
    no clue who ya creep name is ? usually I have open raids and invite anyone no matter what tribe tag they wear based on two conditions .

1) follow the paw

2) have in game voice turn on .

other then that if ya ever see me on and i have a group going feel free to pm me for inv .
    i take all ranks and classes in group .
    I was going to post that you should find a warg named rekka and follow him around healing him and tagging his mobs to get his attention, but he already saw this.