We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Worth coming back?

Hey all.

So it's welcome back weekend once again and I've been playing in the Moors for a few days and have been really enjoying myself. Pwnin' noobs and getting pwned by noobs - all in good fun. It's great to see a few new faces out there since I last played.

But I am just wondering, do you the regulars consider it worth coming back to? What is the current state of the Moors like? Dead? Boring? Super-fun-fantastically-amazing? ... Erotic?

I don't feel like my few days back is a good enough indication indication of the current activity and enjoyment of the Moors. A few times I logged in and I was close to, if not, being the only one in the Moors on both sides. At other more American-friendly times, it was action-packed and I had a lot of fun. Either of these scenarios could be one-offs or could be the norm though, I have no idea. That's where teh regulars come in.

And if anyone can help, what are the other servers like? I heard a few of the Firefootians have switched over.

(Side question: Does that hopeless Warleader Ziir still play regularly?)

So whaddaya reckon? Any opinions welcomed
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0100000bd579/signature.png]Puppyfat[/charsig]
    - R7 Defiler - R7 Reaver - R6 Spider - R6 Blackarrow - R5 Warleader -

Re: Worth coming back?

Quote Originally Posted by I_fail_irl View Post
    But I am just wondering, do you the regulars consider it worth coming back to? What is the current state of the Moors like? Dead? Boring? Super-fun-fantastically-amazing?
    I'm having a great deal of fun, but then I hang out with people who get a big bang out of Warg Streaking. You really have to ask yourself, "Has Turbine given me the tools I need to entertain myself?" because in the end, the fun you have is really up to you.

When I hear Mariawolf in vent screaming because a hunter has found her or when I see Akgron run by me in a keep with two dozen NPCs on her tail I just about die laughing. That and my kid looking up from her keyboard and declaring "I got that hunter, dad" and it's all full of win.

Side question: Does that hopeless Warleader Ziir still play regularly?
    Ziir is putting together a group of Freeps whose main goal is to teach nasty old Creeps a lesson in manners. We expect him and a couple of other mantie wearing, cornnut stuffing, meat-sticks to be joining us on the Ettenmoores in a couple of weeks.
    Last edited by Jerboa; May 03 2010 at 09:22 AM.

Thanks for your reply. I know it's a bit of a personal preference thing, hopefully I can get some general opinions though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerboa View Post
    Ziir is putting together a group of Freeps whose main goal is to teach nasty old Creeps a lesson in manners. We expect him and a couple of other mantie wearing, cornnut stuffing, meat-sticks to be joining us on the Ettenmoores in a couple of weeks.
    Hahaha again? He tried this years ago and got bored :P
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0100000bd579/signature.png]Puppyfat[/charsig]

PvP really has started becoming better recently (past month or two) but I will only say to come back if;

1) you roll a different class as there are too many warg gank squads

2) or if you only run solo as a warg so I can kill you

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d00000010afaf/01008/signature.png]Goneric[/charsig]

Hey all.

What is the current state of the Moors like? Dead? Boring? Super-fun-fantastically-amazing? ... Erotic?

All of these things at different times of the day.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0100002780e5/signature.png]Flamboyant[/charsig]

Puppyfat my fine New Zealander buddy!

Hows Brett and Germaine?!

Alot of us transfered or re-rolled on Elendilmir, which coincidentally is the aussie/kiwi server...

Those of us who went to E, plan to creep on E and freep on FF.... im 5 levels away from 65...

Dont expect any mercy from me, we'll gank you all the same as we would any other ez-moding overpowered CJ-facerolling godmoding worg...

Welcome back tho!!!

Contact me freepside on Xiir :P

i seen his freep in action peeps, his bark is bigger than his bite
    Freeps "The Company"
    Creeps "Panty Raid"

WB puppyfat, its been a while. i hope you reup on your sub and show some of these fail wargs how how to play.
    Raithon-Captain-R13-Revelations-Firefoot
    Raithorn-Hunter-R9-Revelations-Firefoot
    Raithene-Burg-R7-Revelations- Firefoot
    Shadowraith-Warg-R9-Panty Raid-Firefoot

As much as I hate to see another warg out there, I always welcome veteran wargs back. The action lately has been decent but it does have its ups and downs (as usual).

However, I disagree with Raith. Do NOT teach these new wargs how to play. I do enjoy killing them while I'm still capable of it.
    [B][SIZE=1][COLOR=#999999][SIZE=1]Revelations Kin of Firefoot[/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=#3366ff]
    R9 Captain | R9 Champ | R9 LM[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#800000]R9 Reaver | R8 Warg[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

And if anyone can help, what are the other servers like? I heard a few of the Firefootians have switched over.
    Am! What's up my man! I thought you had already switched servers. Didn't realize you had taken a break from the game. lol

In all honesty, the PvP on other servers is better overall because the action is usually a bit more dynamic and constant.

But the peeps on FF can still throw down the dirty when they want to...
    [center]Landy: [b]Alphanova 3.0[/b] - R10 RK [b][i]Hitman for Mother Nature[/i][/b]
    Brandy: [b]Rotoreaver[/b] - R9 Reaver [b][i]Chop-N-Cleaver[/i][/b]
    Firefoot-Retired: [b]Alphazen[/b] - R9 Hunt*rd (MoM); [b]Spankdush[/b] - R6 Warg (SoA)
    [/center]

Puppyfat Knowswhereitsat! That is all! <3

It's typically always a numbers game out in the Moorsies......lotta wargs, too.
    You can always bring Puppyfiler out if there are too many wargs out
    Wait, no --- don't do that.

Hey! Come play your freep!

xoxoxo
    G
    [CENTER][B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#ff00ff][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420d0100001401a7/signature.png]Trixsy[/charsig]
    [/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#ff00ff]
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=Pink]∞[/COLOR][/SIZE][COLOR=DarkOrchid][SIZE=1] [COLOR=Plum]Taintedluv[/COLOR][/SIZE][COLOR=Cyan][SIZE=1] [COLOR=Pink]∞[/COLOR] Zeroskillz [/SIZE][SIZE=1][COLOR=Lime] [COLOR=Pink]∞[/COLOR] Bonquisha[/COLOR][/SIZE][COLOR=DarkOrange][SIZE=1][COLOR=Pink] ∞[/COLOR] Scoobysnack [COLOR=Pink]∞[/COLOR]
    [/SIZE][SIZE=1][COLOR=Red][COLOR=Pink]∞[/COLOR] Hunnie [COLOR=Pink]∞[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=1][COLOR=Pink] Commander Guage[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=1] [COLOR=Pink]∞[/COLOR] [/SIZE][SIZE=1][COLOR=Yellow]Flirty[/COLOR] [COLOR=Pink]∞[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT][/B][B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#ff00ff][COLOR=DarkOrchid][COLOR=Cyan][COLOR=DarkOrange]
    [/COLOR][/COLOR] [/COLOR]
    [/COLOR][/FONT][/B][/CENTER]

Hey Alpha! Thanks for teh replies.

Quote Originally Posted by gonewhaned View Post
    PvP really has started becoming better recently (past month or two) but I will only say to come back if;

1) you roll a different class as there are too many warg gank squads

2) or if you only run solo as a warg so I can kill you

Always run solo, stranger

Quote Originally Posted by shogunate9 View Post
    All of these things at different times of the day.
    Hai Fasha. This is what I sort of feared. With my timezone, I'm guessing the good times are still Aussie mornings which isn't good

Quote Originally Posted by thenoobler View Post
    Dont expect any mercy from me, we'll gank you all the same as we would any other ez-moding overpowered CJ-facerolling godmoding worg...

Welcome back tho!!!

Contact me freepside on Xiir :P
    LOL. I'm so scared of the incoming Xiirg..

Quote Originally Posted by Michy View Post
    Hey! Come play your freep!

xoxoxo
    G
    Hey! I'd probably have to buy the expansion for that lol 8)

Maybe I'll buy a month for the Uni holidays.

Whoknowswhereitsat??!?!?

Puppyfat!!!!

Is it worth coming back?

If your play time is still the same as it used to be... in a nutshell... No, it's not worth coming back, to Firefoot at least.

I dropped in a week or so ago to check it out and spent more time roaming an empty map than anything else.

Can't speak for the afternoon to evening hours USA side though.

So if you still play late night, early morning to us Yanks, check out a different server.
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0100001012a2/signature.png]Ryvenclaw[/charsig][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Jerboa View Post
    When I hear Mariawolf in vent screaming because a hunter has found her or when I see Akgron run by me in a keep with two dozen NPCs on her tail I just about die laughing. That and my kid looking up from her keyboard and declaring "I got that hunter, dad" and it's all full of win.
    Yes! Another Honorable Mention!

Anyways, I think Super-fun-fantastically-amazing is what I experience when I come on around 8:30 central and find myself sucked into the world Wargfoot has described above. FF seems to have taken a turn for the better for me, which is why I cam back from a break nobody noticed. Different people have different opinions though, bear that in mind.
    [center][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0100001b1130/signature.png]Akgron[/charsig]
    [i][color=#FFB90B]"Morals require thought!"[/i][/color][/center]

Oh **** all the no-skilled useless ziirgling raidbaby CJ-facerolling godmoding worgs from that ****** tribe are popping up again.

You 2 should come back, Id love to put the smackdown on ya's!