We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Rangers clothing aka looking like a Ranger NPC

This is the current version of my ranger. Medium Annuminas pants and chest, light Annuminas shoulders. Although I'm debating about just keeping the Tarwaith shoulder pads, considering the "mantle" look is just too good (I'll get some pics of that up later).

I also had a "white ranger" look as well, sort of like a poor man's Annuminas.

Of course the items are far beyond rare (except for the shoulder pads--light crafted armor). The chest and pants are very rare drops, usually found in the Lone Lands and North Downs. People often throw away one or the other because they don't know there's a matching set. The cloak is the Cloak of the Ancient Ruins (another Rift item and, again, bind on acquire now as well).

There's also my "casual" outfits, i.e. when I'm not out doing rangery business. On slow days:

Quilted pants (light armor craftable). The chest, however, is another rare drop--I believe in the 30 - 40 range (so Evendim and Trollshaws). Note the star on the chest.

This is his more "official" outfit, or what I like to call the "ranger robes." It's a favored cosmetic, rare drop that can be found in Moria and Mirkwood. You've probably seen it dyed in black, as the robes look pitch-black when you do. When dyed a more earthy color (the robes are originally blue), they become ranger robes.

And here's a look at what my ranger's heavy armor getup will be once I have a gazillion skirmish marks:

Heavy Annuminas set except for the gloves(I love those gloves). The helmet is the Warden's Rift helmet, which you can get cosmetically through skirmishing. I've already got the helmet so that's one hurdle down. All in all it's not difficult to achieve the ranger look with enough time and effort. I know a lot of ranger folk like to use the Westernesse set, but I never much liked my character wearing a miniskirt. Plus it's what everyone does the first time as well. It works though, admittedly, and it's the easiest ranger outfit scheme to obtain, so there's that to think about as well.

Quote Originally Posted by wes4mu089 View Post
    My RP Gear. I'd suggest shoulders, Dwarf Cloth I think. You can pick them up in various quests, or by from a vendor in both Bree and Thorin's Hall.

The Ranger Mask is good when you combine it with the right gear... otherwise, yes, it does look silly. I'm happy with my combo. As far as cloaks or anything like that, I wouldn't use one personally. Use RP cosmetic gear that'd make sense for a Ranger... like a quiver of arrows, or a Warden's pack. But thats just a friendly suggestion.
    What are you wearing around the neck? I can't find that! I found the mask, the shoulder pads, the boots.... But not the thing around the neck - is it a cloak? By your post I'd say no, but I really don't know anymore...
    Last edited by Lasagabaster; Dec 13 2010 at 10:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasagabaster View Post
    What are you wearing around the neck? I can't find that! I found the mask, the shoulder pads, the boots.... But not the thing around the neck - is it a cloak? By your post I'd say no, but I really don't know anymore...
    The shoulder pads are what's around his neck. Currently though he's stolen my nice-looking shoulder pads.

Quote Originally Posted by thealex9 View Post
    talking about this btw (the pic)
    Quote Originally Posted by johio374 View Post
    The adventurer's hood from the Lotro Store is excellent:

What boots are you wearing?

Quote Originally Posted by PoeticNightmare View Post
    He said a few post earlier that they were Numenorean boots from the Rift. I had to go back and check myself because those are cool looking boots.

*edit* I've looked all over for these boots and I think an easier way to get them would be the medium armour boots from GB.
    Last edited by kedwyr; Mar 27 2011 at 01:19 PM.
    [CENTER]
    [SIZE=1][SIZE=3]~[URL="http://lotrostylist.wordpress.com/"]Lotro Stylist[/URL]~[/SIZE]
    Devonna & Kedwyr of Landroval[/SIZE][/CENTER]

Why is it that some Rangers wear masks?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e21500000006cb29/01004/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by PoeticNightmare View Post
    Those are Westernesse boots. I think they are craftable, pretty sure I bought them on the AH.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420800000004a867/01003/signature.png]Elhandos[/charsig]

Post Re: Rangers clothing aka looking like a Ranger NPC

Quote Originally Posted by Grendaran View Post
    Why is it that some Rangers wear masks?
    Why does any Hero wear a mask? After a hard day's saving Middle Earth from danger and the forces of darkness, the last thing you would want is to be mobbed while having a drink or doing some shopping, so it is to maintain their secret identity. And what if the evil ones were to discover who you are and where you live?

Of course it could just be cold outside.
    [U]There is a mistaken belief that there wasn't a Woman in the Fellowship. It is just that when she got to Rivendell. "You want to climb over the Misty Mountains - You want to go down through Moria - Are you all mad." So she moved in with the Elves instead.
    [/U]

There is a hood thast make you a ranger in fact more ranger than actual ranger cloak-

TRAVELER's HOOD
    http://lotro.northshield.co.uk/Outfi...ats/THoodF.jpg
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/13213000000051a48/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    lore-masters are like wolves, alone we're pretty great but in a pack...

Too lazy to upload a pic atm, but my setup is as follows...can try most of it on from the comfort of your skirmish camp.

Head: Traveller's hood [Dye: Riv Green]
    Shoulders: Hidden, contemplating those mantle-ey ones
    Back: Fine Quiver [Dye: Olive] (To this day, I have no idea how my friend got this, but he showed it to me, and I copied the look to my wardrobe. Had never seen it before or after that.)
    Chest: Comfortable Robe [Dyed: Olive] (From skirmish cosmetic vendor) {Also interchangeable with the well-worn robe from the same vendor, dyed olive. Same look, but without the vest.}
    Leggings: Got a robe, don't show
    Gloves: ''Leather Gauntlets of Fleetness'' [Dye: Umber] (Random loot, don't remember from where, but think a similar skin is available from low-level medium armor vendors)
    Boots: Aforementioned Westernesse boots [Dye: Umber] (Tier 5 Crafted Westernesse Protector's Boots)

For anyone hunting the *Perfect Ranger hood, there is one that myself, I can only gawk at, but with the new Ost Dunhoth raid in Enedwaith, if you go to the Heroes' trader in Harndirion, find the burglar helmet, try it on, and dye it olive, it's a hood with a mask, like the makeshift Ranger Mask, but without the weirdness.

*In my opinion
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/06205000000051798/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Caje - Level 65 Champion, Silverlode | Thremin - Level 65 Guardian, Silverlode | Band of the Red Hand, Silverlode | "Et earello endoreanna utulien. Sinome Manuvan, Ar hildinyar Tenn Ambar-metta! - Aragorn's Coronation | [url]http://my.lotro.com/user-512574[/url]

You are lucky if you bought the heroic edition (or higher) Rise To Isengard, then you get Eorlingas clothing, and it fits pretty damn well with a makeshift ranger mask
    Attached Images Attached Images

Here's my attempt...

This is what I use:

Pieces are:
    Elven Hunter's Chest dyed Umber
    Elven Outrider Leggings dyed Olive
    Dwarf Leather Gauntlets from Vendor
    Shoulders of the Wandering Bard
    Westernesse Protector's Boots
    Hooded/Non-hooded Plain Cloak
    Fancy Quiver

I roleplay my Captain as a Ranger and i have 2 outfits: 1 regular ranger outfit (similar to ones already posted by other people, thanks for the ideas) and 1 Grey Company ranger outfit (this 1 i haven't seen anywhere else yet). Here you go =).

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0000000267ad/signature.png]Halinor[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by HekilYang View Post
    I roleplay my Captain as a Ranger and i have 2 outfits: 1 regular ranger outfit (similar to ones already posted by other people, thanks for the ideas) and 1 Grey Company ranger outfit (this 1 i haven't seen anywhere else yet). Here you go =).

That is the best outfit i have ever seen (grey company one) and i've looked at virtually every outfit thread
    PLS list the parts
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/222190000001f0cb5/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    . Erodham- lvl 75 Champion.

Cool Re: Rangers clothing aka looking like a Ranger NPC

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalfapprentice View Post
    That is the best outfit i have ever seen (grey company one) and i've looked at virtually every outfit thread
    PLS list the parts
    Ty, sooo much! I got pattent on that 1 muahaha, designed by Halinor
    The parts are:

Head: Lesser Secret of the West Helmet (Burg lesser version of OD set)
    Shoulders: Padded Mantle of the Dunland Soothsayer (some Dunland quest but i dont remember which, tho theres a few that look like that from Dunland quests)
    Chest: Jacket of the Oathesworn (Annuminas barter armor for warden)
    Gloves: Fingerless Gloves (From Frostbluff beggar outfit)
    Legs: Garthraw (I think it was from some vol 1 epic quest but there's more pants with that look)
    Boots: Boots of the Westfold (RoI preorder)

enjoy :P
    Last edited by HekilYang; Oct 19 2012 at 07:10 AM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0000000267ad/signature.png]Halinor[/charsig]

Very nice. I have the same outfit. Except I've used ranger green. That burglar hood is the best thing ever for a ranger. I'll try to snap some picks of my Ithilien ranger outfit. Tried to get it as close to the films as possible.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c2140000000025e7/01000/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Ty, sooo much! I got pattent on that 1 muahaha, designed by Harwald
    The parts are:

Head: Lesser Secret of the West Helmet (Burg lesser version of OD set)
    Shoulders: Padded Mantle of the Dunland Soothsayer (some Dunland quest but i dont remember which, tho theres a few that look like that from Dunland quests)
    Chest: Jacket of the Oathesworn (Annuminas barter armor for warden)
    Gloves: Fingerless Gloves (From Frostbluff beggar outfit)
    Legs: Garthraw (I think it was from some vol 1 epic quest but there's more pants with that look)
    Boots: Boots of the Westfold (RoI preorder)

enjoy :P
    Thank you!!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/222190000001f0cb5/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    . Erodham- lvl 75 Champion.

Last edited by RandallSnow; Nov 17 2011 at 02:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RandallSnow View Post

Yeah I guess with next update everyone will have a real ranger outfit =/... won't be original anymore

Part of me is excited that I can finally get those cosmetics I've been craving forever but another part is bummed that everybody is going to be wearing it. I've worked so hard to get my ranger look and now everybody and their brother is going to have it.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c2140000000025e7/01000/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Yep same here. A buddy of mine and I have been waiting for like forever for the shoulders with the mariner's star to come out as a cosmetic and I myself I'm pritty excited for the look to come out ( even though I've gotten rather fond of my own created look, which like took forever to create). How ever it will be rather demorelising to seeing people wearing the star and not respecting where it stands for.
    Last edited by Earganon; Dec 01 2011 at 05:30 PM.
    I've always wanted to do that!

Well then, all you have to do is wear something rangerish yet totally different. IMO rangers are generally overused for a player look, even the generic 'fighting woodsman' feels overdone. That said, it fits so much of the game world so well, and is so fun, I find myself drawn in.

I'll get a screenie some time, but my level 7 warden that sits around and does nothing wears:

Comfortable Robe, ranger green
    Adventurer's Hood, ranger green
    Generic cosmetic vendor boots, umber
    and either
    Plain unhooded cloak, ranger green
    or
    Cloak from the Forgotten Inn, the brownish one with the buttons, dyed ranger green. Can't remember the name.
    No shoulders as a rule, though if I had the RoI exclusive ones I'd definitely use them (if they can be dyed... heard somewhere that they can't?)

It looks pretty good. Ranger Green and Olive both fit the scheme really well, and olive dye is a lot cheaper. The other skirm cosmetic robe is also good, used that one on Landroval a fair bit until I got the comfortable robe from a skirmish.
    Check out [url=http://my.lotro.com/user-1174194/]my blog[/url]! Kinda inactive, but there's some good stuff on RP in there. Anti-lore RPers, check it out for raegtiems.

I just put my new ranger together here it is

[url]http://techsoft.codyteam.sk/signature.png[/url]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast