We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Just for Excitement: Creep classes!

I'm trying to cover some things that creepside has always been lacking: tactical DPS and pets.

Black Numenorean: Tactical DPS. I was thinking to model this after Mordrambor, a few other bosses in Annuminas, and the Angmarim boss in SH.
    Some skills from those mobs are Invoke the Eye (+15% tactical dmg, -15% attack speed), Interrogation (-inc. healing debuff), Instill Fear (-will/fate debuff). Some skills I've thought up are Mordirith's Fury (channeled skillk drains 2% of target's total morale every second for up to 10 seconds but is easily interupted), Bow Before the Eye (AOE tactical shadow attack), Winds of the North (AOE shadow dmg/slow). I think this class would be similar to WS minstrel in many ways.

Gaunt-lord: Support/pet class. Could summon either a melee wight, a wight archer, or a fell spirit as a pet. Skills could include that timed disease which starts a conj and drains power on expiration, AOE stun (another thing creeps do not have), the ability to transfer morale from his pet to himself, and summoning a limited-timed wight or spirit after defeating an enemy.

Another thing I would like to see: Nameless Overseer as a creep class! You've seen them in DN, wouldn't it be fun to play them? They could be introduced as the only creep class that uses *corruptions.* They could apply a corruption to themselves, and if it's not removed they can use Fateful Scream for an AOE disarm/silence +debuff that lasts throughout combat. I don't know a whole lot about what the Nameless in FoS, DD, and DN are capable of, but they could be a very powerful class that would require strategy and coordination to fight, both solo and in raids.

Anyways, let me know what you all think! Thanks for reading.

Edit: Considering Rohan/Isendgard will be coming soon, maybe a Half-orc class? I don't really like half-orcs or know anything about them though, so I won't try to suggest anything for that. A new Uruk class would also make sense... maybe a melee one with a big shield and sword and armor.... with DPS instead of full heals
    Last edited by head0nfire; Apr 30 2010 at 02:12 AM.
    There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too wierd to live, but too rare to die. ~Hunter S. Thompson

Re: Just for Excitement: Creep classes!

Cool ideas, fun read.

However, hunters can only remove corruptions when their target has less than half health and even then the skill has a 30s cooldown and is easily b/p/e so they'd be screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by SackOfWetMice View Post
    Cool ideas, fun read.

However, hunters can only remove corruptions when their target has less than half health and even then the skill has a 30s cooldown and is easily b/p/e so they'd be screwed.
    Wait, there's a time when hunters are NOT screwed???

But you do have a good point. On the contrary, Overseers would be screwed any time they came across a warden or champ. It would mostly cause more players to work together rather than soloing, in my opinion anyway
    There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too wierd to live, but too rare to die. ~Hunter S. Thompson

/signed.

I would play one of these!
    WTB Goblin Class! Will BUY TP to do so!!! (hint to Turbine!)
    Mangey <Agony> Semi-Ret 12-07/Milgwn NS Ret
    [FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3][SIZE=4][COLOR=red]Kinich-Ahau / Kukulcan in 2012![/COLOR][/SIZE] [/SIZE][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by head0nfire View Post
    I'm trying to cover some things that creepside has always been lacking: tactical DPS and pets.

Black Numenorean: Tactical DPS...

Gaunt-lord: Support/pet class..

Another thing I would like to see: Nameless Overseer as a creep class...

Edit: Considering Rohan/Isendgard will be coming soon, maybe a Half-orc class? I don't really like half-orcs or know anything about them though, so I won't try to suggest anything for that. A new Uruk class would also make sense... maybe a melee one with a big shield and sword and armor.... with DPS instead of full heals
    I like these ideas, especially the idea of a Black Numenorean. However I'm not very experienced in the Ettenmoors so I don't completely understand the impact of your ideas. I hope a Dev sees this thread though.
    "I am dreading the publication, for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." (J.R.R. Tolkien)

Bring out the Cargul!
    [COLOR=red]Ulygar, rank 8 blackarrow, Nimrodel server[/COLOR]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0000000e76be/01007/signature.png]Brangdha[/charsig]
    [URL="http://brangdha.mybrute.com"]Bored? Come Play Here![/URL] [URL="http://mybrute.com/team/178260"]Join my clan![/URL]

Another petclass option is my idea for a Goblin Troll-keeper, who has a dynamic of trying to keep the troll under command with lash+chains, if the troll gets aggrivated too much it will break free from you and attack any target that has aggro on it, and as you rank up you get more skills to use with the troll. The troll's primary function is aoe dps similiar to the sabretooth, and a skill can be unlocked via rank that acts a lot like Shieldwall for the goblin. Any damage directed at the goblin is absorbed into the troll. High ranked goblins will be able to extend the length the troll can move from the goblin, enact some real strong attacks, knockbacks etc. The goblin will also have a small stealth mechanic, fie bombs and roots when he doesnt have the troll out, becoming sort of like a burglar's tricks and riddles, but the goblin won't be as effective as wargs for scouting or burglar activities.

-Edit- I'm posting a seperate topic with these ideas.

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...23#post4705823
    Last edited by Elyske; Jun 08 2010 at 04:13 AM.
    [right][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020100002d05ec/signature.png]Agrorezzer[/charsig][/right]
    [color=blue] Si Velis Pacem Para Bellum
    Rank 5 Mini Elyske
    Rank 5 RK Olyske
    Rank 4 LM Alyske [/color]
    [color=orange]
    Rank 11 Warleader Agrorezzer Commandingagro
    Rank 9 Agroblackarrow Incendiaryavanche
    Rank 8 Reaver Agroswithblades andthrowsitatu
    Rank 7 Stk Agrodawg gingasnaps
    Rank 5 weaver Agrotarantula tarantulagro
    Rank 4 Defiler Agrolosthisgourd helphimfindit
    Organization of Freep Spies[/color]