We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

petition to bring back hot spots

I love the change and excitement they brought *sucked to heal on it but!*

I was wondering if anyone else would like to see hot spots back?
    alzie rank 15 mini
    "less talky, more killy"
    "kill fast , run faster!"
    The Apocalypse Kinship Elendilmir
    Antisocialnetworking brandywine

Teddibara beorning Brandywine
    alzeria rank 15 mini renamed Brandywine

Re: petition to bring back hot spots

I do not see what was so exciting about hotspots. The buff mechanics never worked 100%, and there were some bugs and loopholes in the system.

They were replaced by outposts - and whats the big difference? I do not see one. The buffs are not needed anymore, and outposts and hotspots are mainly used as NPC hiding places. But most cases elven camp or orc camp or the rezz circles are the prefered NPC hiding places..

meh, they just ended up being places creeps would go hug when being chased down more often than not. If you're solo/small grouping you can rest assured given the curren state of the game you will have fewer kills with these out there.

I definitely get more kills now without them.

please do not bring them back.
    [B][COLOR=cyan][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/06205000000039d09/signature.png]Viloxus[/charsig]
    8-time Grand Champion Guinness Drinker[/COLOR][/B]
    [SIZE=2][B][COLOR=silver]June 2008 model in "Failmasters of 2008" Calendar[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][SIZE=2]
    [B][COLOR=green]Making the world a better place one less pair of pants at a time :p [/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]

I always thought the hotspots linked with TA made fights in there hardcore. The power drain was ridiculous, so a mid keep take hotspot flip could change the tides of the fight.

I wouldn't complain if they brought them back nope.

No, why do people want them back?!

OPs was supposed to reduce the concentration on the map, in that regard Turbine failed, but so have we as players. Turbine failed to actually give Freeps an insentive to go to the Delving, while we as the players have failed to move out of the concentrated spots when we seek smaller skirmishes.

If Turbine just makes it more interesting for Freeps to actually use and go to the delving we are suddenly gonna be faced with a whole new strategic view on the moors. One I rather see happening before putting back pointless Hotspots.

/Silkdawn

Hotspots were only useful because we had far more survivability back then. Now they'd be a complete deathtrap. If having walls + npcs + a cg/tyrant can be completely and easily zerged, what makes you thinks 12 archers or 3 trolls is going to provide any protection whatsoever?

If you dont want hotspots back, you mustve not spent much time with them.

First of all, I really enjoyed hotspots. Most of my best memories from SoA were hot spot battles. Fighting inside a hot spot while it was flipped back and forth was extremely fun. People actually pushed into hotspots instead of just zerging through them like they do to EC and OC.

Secondly, hot spots gave people like me something to do when the PvP died for a bit. I used to go around the map, find a couple of blue hotspots, and attempt to flip them back. I couldnt do this with many of them, but there were a few close enough to friendly NPCs that I could pull them over and flip it. Nowadays when PvP gets boring I just log off. I miss being able to roam the map and actually find a roaming freep. In fact, I remember finding A TON more solo freeps or small groups of freeps camping Grams when the hotspot was there. The last time I saw a solo or small group of freeps camping the slugs was maybe... three weeks ago?

Thirdly, I remember A LOT less fighting at EC when hot spots were around. When I say a lot, I mean a lot. EC on my server is like a disease and has been ever since hotspots were removed and the lame brained walls were put up on the camp. I would love anything that could take the fight away from EC and that stupid bridge. I remember having more fights near Isen, Lumber Yard, Lug, and especially between TR and the hotspot there. You rarely see those kind of fights nowadays.

I am 100% for bringing hotspots back and getting rid of outposts. I have been for a very long time. The buffs that went with the hotspots can stay gone, but the hotspots themselves should be brought back.
    Last edited by TheCrusher; Apr 29 2010 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCrusher View Post
    Yes, that must be the only reason. Nevermind the actual arguments people gave.

Quote Originally Posted by FajaSailors View Post
    Yes, that must be the only reason. Nevermind the actual arguments people gave.
    Most of the arguments were people disagreeing because of the buffs and debuffs the hotspots gave. That should be taken with a grain of salt, because we're talking about hotspots themselves and not "the buffs from the hotspots".

As for your claim about a death trap... NPCs are only death traps in certain situations. It depends on the number of people each side has. If you have even numbers in a hotspot, the fighting can and will be fun. Places like TR and EC arent very fun places to fight in with even numbers, as one side will have the advantage.
    Last edited by TheCrusher; Apr 29 2010 at 05:03 PM.

Yes, please bring them back. Forget about the goofy buff mechanics they had and just make them flippable locations.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCrusher View Post

First of all, I really enjoyed hotspots. Most of my best memories from SoA were hot spot battles. Fighting inside a hot spot while it was flipped back and forth was extremely fun. People actually pushed into hotspots instead of just zerging through them like they do to EC and OC.

Secondly, hot spots gave people like me something to do when the PvP died for a bit. I used to go around the map, find a couple of blue hotspots, and attempt to flip them back. I couldnt do this with many of them, but there were a few close enough to friendly NPCs that I could pull them over and flip it. Nowadays when PvP gets boring I just log off. I miss being able to roam the map and actually find a roaming freep. In fact, I remember finding A TON more solo freeps or small groups of freeps camping Grams when the hotspot was there. The last time I saw a solo or small group of freeps camping the slugs was maybe... three weeks ago?

Thirdly, I remember A LOT less fighting at EC when hot spots were around. When I say a lot, I mean a lot. EC on my server is like a disease and has been ever since hotspots were removed and the lame brained walls were put up on the camp. I would love anything that could take the fight away from EC and that stupid bridge. I remember having more fights near Isen, Lumber Yard, Lug, and especially between TR and the hotspot there. You rarely see those kind of fights nowadays.

I am 100% for bringing hotspots back and getting rid of outposts. I have been for a very long time. The buffs that went with the hotspots can stay gone, but the hotspots themselves should be brought back.
    This is why I promote making OPs usefull instead. You dont need to switch back to HS, you just need to make it any point for Freeps to actually fight over the OPs instead. Suddenly you will have a lot more grounds out there to cover and fight over. Opening up (hopefully) for a lot more skirmishes and smaller group fights.

/Silkdawn

Quote Originally Posted by FajaSailors View Post
    Hotspots were only useful because we had far more survivability back then. Now they'd be a complete deathtrap. If having walls + npcs + a cg/tyrant can be completely and easily zerged, what makes you thinks 12 archers or 3 trolls is going to provide any protection whatsoever?

Excellent point. I always liked hotspots, but the change in the pace of battle since MoM their value would be greatly diminished.

I have always like the idea of goal oriented pvp. If something like hot spots were brought back with more focus on buffing/hurting both sides defending /attacking keeps, and keeps were made to matter, they would have value.

Why?

So we can have endless posts about how the Freep NPCs are OP and outnumber the Creep NPCs and how they're useless and we should get rid of them because they provide no benefit to one faction?

No thanks.

OPs are just free dp for creeps hot spots personally made fights more dynamic, they had a number of npcs not just 1 big npc(offers no help if a group comes in after you). Not to mention as someone mentioned before people could flip the hotspot mid fight completely changing the tides.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d000000009cef/signature.png]Unknown[/charsig]

Were the big fights in the old hotspots fun? absolutely

Were the old hotspots fun any other time you were trying to get a kill only to see your enemy run back to it and hide inside the NPCs? absolutely not and this was 90% of the time.

Don't bring'em back, just (as some have pointed out) make taking/controlling OPs more important.

And finally, open the deving all the time to everyone. one huge new area, no gating required.
    [B][COLOR=cyan][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/06205000000039d09/signature.png]Viloxus[/charsig]
    8-time Grand Champion Guinness Drinker[/COLOR][/B]
    [SIZE=2][B][COLOR=silver]June 2008 model in "Failmasters of 2008" Calendar[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][SIZE=2]
    [B][COLOR=green]Making the world a better place one less pair of pants at a time :p [/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Viloxus View Post
    Don't bring'em back, just (as some have pointed out) make taking/controlling OPs more important.

And finally, open the deving all the time to everyone. one huge new area, no gating required.
    Excellent ideas. Opening the Delving to both sides constantly would be great fun.

I actually wouldn't mind hotspots coming back if they had no NPCs at them. Make the flags have some influence over the local region of the map, with buffs or debuffs, and there would be lots of action at these locations once again. But no NPCs. We need fewer NPCs, not more.

Quote Originally Posted by Viloxus View Post
    Were the big fights in the old hotspots fun? absolutely

Were the old hotspots fun any other time you were trying to get a kill only to see your enemy run back to it and hide inside the NPCs? absolutely not and this was 90% of the time.

I agree except that the Delving should be open at all times. If Delving was open all time there wouldnt be any use for the OPs at all (unless something new and important was tied to them of course.)

Imo, just giving Freeps something good and benefitial for them would be enough. The fights will erupt over the OPs, because at least we Creeps always have a need to go there (for pots and traits.) So all thats left is to give the Freeps something aswell.

Maybe its just wishful thinking, but I dont wanna judge the OPs before they are correctly evaluated for what they initially was ment for. Which they havent been since they was introduced unfortunatly.

/Silkdawn

Bring hotspots back but add/take more npc's depending on how many nearby freeps/creeps there are, and dont make npc tags take away infamy/renown. Better open field battles when one side is outnumbered.

I would like both Hot spots and OPs in and GREATLY increase the length of npc spawning

Quote Originally Posted by DorianFalkenmond View Post
    I do not see what was so exciting about hotspots. The buff mechanics never worked 100%, and there were some bugs and loopholes in the system.

They were replaced by outposts - and whats the big difference? I do not see one. The buffs are not needed anymore, and outposts and hotspots are mainly used as NPC hiding places. But most cases elven camp or orc camp or the rezz circles are the prefered NPC hiding places..
    They were an incentive for solo and small groups to have engaging and dynamic fights.

Away from the commonplace everywhere is a zergball of todays moors, the hotspots offered some decent and different combat scenerios.
    [FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=#ffffff][COLOR=red][FONT=Tahoma][B][COLOR=darkorchid]Second Marshal[/COLOR] Luc Brandenbuck[/B][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=#a9a9a9][FONT=Tahoma] ~[B]Battlemaster[/B]~
    Stalker's Enemy*Reaver's Enemy*Blackarrow's Enemy*Warleader-Foe*Weaver's Enemy*Defiler-Foe
    [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#ffffff][COLOR=lime][FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=#ff0000][FONT=Tahoma][B]Champion[/B][FONT=Tahoma]:[SIZE=1]'The only thing our opponents can do that we care about is die.'-Graalx2[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/COLOR][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Dasein View Post
    Excellent ideas. Opening the Delving to both sides constantly would be great fun.

I actually wouldn't mind hotspots coming back if they had no NPCs at them. Make the flags have some influence over the local region of the map, with buffs or debuffs, and there would be lots of action at these locations once again. But no NPCs. We need fewer NPCs, not more.
    I disagree.

We need NPCs that are useful.

The problem currently is that NPCs are not being utalized on the small scale.

Proper incentives for splitting AWAY from the zerg would include npcs. Why? Because it's a perfect mechanic for overcoming micro-scale population imbalances. I.e. 1 v 3, 4 v 7 etc.

FIRST there needs to be a reason for groups of 1, 3, 4, 7 to not be all in the same cluster as the rest of the freeps/creeps.

THEN there needs to be locations where dynamic fighting can occur when these groups collide. IMHO Hotspots were a very good example of that type of location.
    [FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=#ffffff][COLOR=red][FONT=Tahoma][B][COLOR=darkorchid]Second Marshal[/COLOR] Luc Brandenbuck[/B][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=#a9a9a9][FONT=Tahoma] ~[B]Battlemaster[/B]~
    Stalker's Enemy*Reaver's Enemy*Blackarrow's Enemy*Warleader-Foe*Weaver's Enemy*Defiler-Foe
    [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#ffffff][COLOR=lime][FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=#ff0000][FONT=Tahoma][B]Champion[/B][FONT=Tahoma]:[SIZE=1]'The only thing our opponents can do that we care about is die.'-Graalx2[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/COLOR][/FONT]

/signed

I liked that hotspots pulled some of the battles away from the keeps.

I loved hotspots. They offered more options, and were far more challenging in regards to ability, and experience battling near, in, and around them needed. I didn't at all like the related buff's/debuff's affecting keeps.

Bring them back please, scaled as best as you are able.
    Please replace poles with flags. Then when *captured, would grant a very small random bonus (similiar with the roll of the die from a gamble, with burglar skills).

*(One can't stealth with equiped flag).
    *(Aquiring a hotspot's flag, flips the hotspot, and removes any previous flag).

___

Example of random bonuses after aquiring flag.

1) A cool glowing cosmetic effect. (does nothing, and looks wicked awesome doing it!)
    2) All negative state durations reduced by 50% rounded up.
    3) Improved armour and mitigations.
    4) +5% run speed stacks with everything in and out of combat.
    5) Improved block, parry, and evade.
    6) Improved resistances, and all inductions reduced by 40%.

This is just a vague idea and should be used only as an example.

Finally.
    Why not utilize hotspots? They are already there, just collecting dust. They do need a good clean up though.
    At the very least it would change the map. We have never had hotspots, keeps and outposts all at once.

If someday they were to bring them back they would need to fix all the bugs with them which you know could take a long time. I really hope 1 day they will come back but who knows.
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]