We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Voice Chat

Voice Chat

I have been thinking of getting a headset with a mic for in game use and was wondering what other people are using. I don't want to spend a fortune on one but any suggestions in the 40-50 $ range would be appreciated.

Re: Voice Chat

Depends on a couple of factors; do you share your comp with anyone else? Are you planning on relying on IG voice?

I paid 15$ for my headset and its been working/hasnt broken short circuited etc in the 7 months I've been using it. Comes down to preference though, some expensive headsets break fast/easy and some never break.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/07206000000062d60/signature.png]Neithian[/charsig]

Killing a Boogan somm'ers, 'cause they remind me of Bogarts.

I get the cheap behind the head Logitech from Walmart. I recommend the ones with the in-line volume control.

G35 Logitech is what I'm using. It has excellent low frequency reproduction, great isolation, good clarity in stereo, quite solid and built to last, comfortable, plus has 7.1 surround sound.

I got it for $80 AUD. Not sure how much it is going for where you are.

I've got a Logitech ClearChat Pro USB.. i really like it. since it's USB, i have it set to have just the voice come out of the headphone and all the game sounds, music, etc.. come out of the normal speakers which helps reduce the audio clutter of evertything coming out of one sound source..

They run about $40-50 but worth it in my opinion...
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0720600000000231f/01008/signature.png]Gilrandir[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_of_Duke View Post
    I've got a Logitech ClearChat Pro USB.. i really like it. since it's USB, i have it set to have just the voice come out of the headphone and all the game sounds, music, etc.. come out of the normal speakers which helps reduce the audio clutter of evertything coming out of one sound source..
    It's great that way isn't it! I don't understand how some people can just mute all of the game sounds so they can hear people on vent and whatnot. Isn't as immersive as it should be like that.

I bought an $8 mic. It has worked for a year and is still working. It works fine, if not great. Never had problems with it. In fact, it worked enough to lead raids for this last year. Don't waste your money; buy a cheap mic and don't break it by doing anything stupid.

I started with the cheapest headset I could find from Wal-mart. I think it was around $15. It worked fine, however, I had to turn game sounds WAY down to use it. When that headset kicked the bucket, I purchased a USB headset so I could set up game sounds to go through my speakers and voice chat to go through my headset. I think you can get a decent USB headset at Wal-mart or Best Buy for $30-50.
    [CENTER][SIZE=1]MINSTREL and member of the vocal minority[/SIZE][/CENTER]

Killing a Boogan somm'ers, 'cause they remind me of Bogarts.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_of_Duke View Post
    i have it set to have just the voice come out of the headphone and all the game sounds, music, etc.. come out of the normal speakers
    This scares me. You must be one of those guys that when he keys up his mic I hear all the game sounds echoing. Including other players chat.

It weirds me out man... lol

The worst pug I was in though, a fella had his mic keyed up through most of it with the game sounds coming through louder than what I had it set at on my end. O_o

Quote Originally Posted by Toranoga View Post
    This scares me. You must be one of those guys that when he keys up his mic I hear all the game sounds echoing. Including other players chat.

The worst pug I was in though, a fella had his mic keyed up through most of it with the game sounds coming through louder than what I had it set at on my end. O_o
    Well these headphones cover the whole ear so hopefully other people can't hear what I hear. lol But I've heard myself on other people's speakers and was quite surprised how I sound. lol

but my normal speakers are like 2 feet away so hopefully the mic doesnt pick them up. haha
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0720600000000231f/01008/signature.png]Gilrandir[/charsig]

I would recommend getting one with in-line volume control and USB plug-in. As mentioned above, the ability to turn the game sounds on through the speakers, and the voice through the headset is great!!
    Elendilmir
    Kinship: [URL="http://e-apex.guildlaunch.com/index.php?gid=256768&sid=3b8e42d88e54213114e395e1cdd477ae"]Apex[/URL]
    Garcimili - 85 GRD /// Arthilios - 85 HTR /// RonSwanson - Defiler

I use a Logitech USB Desktop Microphone and a pair of nice over the ear Sony headphones. I much prefer the mic sitting on the desk.

Quote Originally Posted by Toranoga View Post

Actually this is the way to go (sounds through speakers, voice through headphones).. it does not cause other players to hear the game, it works great. Parents generally don't want to completely block out outside noise (incase a kid wakes up screaming or something). Unfortunately since I've installed on a new PC I know longer see the option of sending the output voice and game to different places.. hmmmm.

I used a USB logitech headset with mic (bought it for 70$ a few year ago)... It died a few weeks ago and I replaced with a Bluetooth Dongle with Bluetooth Cellphone earing and it does the job.. (though now I sound like if i was in a cave, where I actually am when playing video game... >.>.. /joke).
    [COLOR=#008080]If it isn't about FlameThrower, Grenade and Rocket Launcher, you're playing the wrong classes, race and game..
    [/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Tyveil View Post
    Actually this is the way to go (sounds through speakers, voice through headphones).. it does not cause other players to hear the game, it works great. Parents generally don't want to completely block out outside noise (incase a kid wakes up screaming or something). Unfortunately since I've installed on a new PC I know longer see the option of sending the output voice and game to different places.. hmmmm.
    I figured it out. Voice settings are not available from the login Options screen. Once you enter the game they show up.

Quote Originally Posted by tethtoril90 View Post
    I bought an $8 mic. It has worked for a year and is still working. It works fine, if not great. Never had problems with it. In fact, it worked enough to lead raids for this last year. Don't waste your money; buy a cheap mic and don't break it by doing anything stupid.
    I agree with this. I used a mic from beta until after MoM launched and the only reason I got a headset is because my new dog decided the mic was a chew toy.

I got the Logitec usb pro mentioned before and like it. I think mine was about 40 flowduckies.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/072060000000b9e4a/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    ~ If you get up one more time than you fall you will make it through ~
    "These things I say unto you. In Me you will find peace. The world will bring you tribulations but be of good cheer; for I have overcome the world."