We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: LT Guide

Re: LT Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarven-Might View Post
    Why don't Turbine make corruption icons and eye icons actually bigger so its easier to notice them?
    You can increase the size of vitals, and the eye icons are directly over your head. not to mention there is something on your vital bar.
    Kraken, Thesungodra

turning off floating names was a big help for me thanks for the tip. Although sometimes makes it hard to see the invisibile fellbeast... damned graphic glitches.

Quote Originally Posted by Laetitia View Post
    turning off floating names was a big help for me thanks for the tip. Although sometimes makes it hard to see the invisibile fellbeast... damned graphic glitches.
    I had that glitch not long ago, I'm not sure what causes it, or how I fixed it lol.
    Yelk, Hunter| Rank 15 | Arkenstone | Leader of Shock and Awe
    Original Challenger of Saruman
    Original Challenger of Gothmog

Quote Originally Posted by YesMaam View Post
    I had that glitch not long ago, I'm not sure what causes it, or how I fixed it lol.
    DX10 is the culprit most of the time. I know my gf messed around with her settings one day and went from being able to see the FB to having him flicker in and out. When I looked at her settings I noticed she had DX10 on and after turning it off she never had the problem again
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000015cd6/signature.png]Erwig[/charsig]

hmm here too, i recently lowered my settings a bit, and the fellbeast likes to disappear when he takes off and land.....Not sure which one was doing it, i had and still have dx10 on...used to work with it, so im not sure thats it...but it could be...

Yeah, I never had that problem (though a couple people in the raid had) until recently when I got a new graphics card that supported DX10, and toggled that on (and at low graphics), so now he flickers in and out of existence when at a certain distance.

Fairly sure that's the culprit, from testing, even though the beast apparently behaves fine with SOME cards (or graphics settings) and dx10.
    Kethina, Woman Burglar (80|R5) | Shiara, Elf Minstrel (85|R9) | Alynne, Hobbit Huntress (67|R4) | Kylanna, Woman Loremistress (85|R4)
    Defenders of the Mithril Halls (Landroval)
    Landy: Avarice (R5 Warg), Squeak (R4 Defiler); Brandy: Amberjack (R4 Warg)

didgeridoo

There's some great info here, and I think the pictures were easy enough to understand. I respect that you're not allowed to share your kin strats with us, nor would I want you too. Phoenix operates under the same rule.

With that being said, I have a question on the purple eye.

How does it work? I know it has a 15 second timer...does it 'damage' when it expires?
    Or does the eye pulse and deal 2k damage every 3 seconds in a 10m radius?

Can someone enlighten me on the mechanics of this eye? We've had two wipes within the past week over the eye seeming to pulse and kill the raid...or is that just server lag and the eye is proccing 7 seconds early?

Help would be MUCH appreciated on this...Phoenix has this guy dead the moment we can understand that mechanic.

Oh, and I wanna throw some kudos to the leader of FF. Your Lt. corruption guide has made this fight amazingly trivial; for us at least
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420800000009cc54/signature.png]Naweth[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by TheCorbinator View Post
    Help would be MUCH appreciated on this...Phoenix has this guy dead the moment we can understand that mechanic.
    Not sure the numbers will help.. you see purple eye, you gtf away from everyone else, as soon as you get it. Once you have that down, you'll get it :P No understanding of the mechanic is needed, other than purple eye staying for too long in group = wipe

on that note, I don't have the numbers off the top of my head. But the tick is nasty.
    Kraken, Thesungodra

the tic is around 4k depending on your mitigations

LF good loot, PST!

Once the eye shows up over your head you have 5 seconds to get away from the group (minimum 10m) before you start ticking for 4-4.6ishk damage. You need to stay away from the group until the purple eye runs out because it does tick more than once, more than likely associated with the pulsing of the eye over your head

If your group is getting blown up and no one appears to have purple eye, make sure everyone is watching their bars, as we have observed "invisible" purple eyes - most likely to do with getting back to back eyes, or a purple eye during a yellow eye which causes the purple eye not to show up. The purple eye debuff looks like the fear debuff or the debuff you get when you run through a purple cloud.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000000c74f5/01006/signature.png]Kamriel[/charsig]
    Kamriel 75 CHN, Kamsterr 75 LM, HideHobitsHere Bear Tank Extraordinaire

There are quite a few things that can be done about purple eyes - cues, etc. And once your groups nails it, it'll seem silly that you ever stumbled on it. The thing is, all it takes is for one person to keep "not getting it" or always be lag-plagued, rubberbanding or something....and you'll never win. Ever. Best to replace them now. An unforgiving fight requires an unforgiving approach with the group.

It's already been said, but the LT announces every purple eye. Every single one. There is no reason for people to be hyper-vigilant about something appearing over their head: until he announces it. The text also appears over his head when he says it, as well as in the chat box. If all 12 players can't take the 2 seconds to look at their head and react accordingly, you'll never win. There's nothing more Turbine could possibly do to cue us into this other than move us away from the group themselves.

Our groups always announce "new seed" and give the person about a second to acknowledge they have the eye. If they don't, the yelling begins. It helps to know what your comrades look like, because floaty names need to be off (kinda raiding 101 stuff, that).

It just has to gel - and since we've found our players that gel, LT HM has been guaranteed every time.

Corruptions
    Kiting
    Eye awareness

There's really nothing else to the fight. It's amazing how long it can take to nail it, though - or rather, find the people who "get it".

One thing that can help with the kiting - esp in the event of an extended red phase - are the increased run speed scrolls you can buy in CG. They can be used in combat, but you have to stop for a split second to use them, so it requires a little planning ahead. Lots of times, it's not the FB kiter's fault they get caught and chomped - it's the run speed debuff. If you have the scrolls (esp the tank), it can save a wipe...though part of regular success is also being able to deal with a death or two and still win.

If you aren't bringing at least 1 or 2 Burgs, try it. They help HM. Alot.

The NOLDOR of Arkenstone

Quote Originally Posted by Southpa View Post
    If you aren't bringing at least 1 or 2 Burgs, try it. They help HM. Alot.
    Youre suggesting that having burgs prevents the need to have run speed scrolls? Does dust in the eyes work for run speed on the LT/bird that I'm unaware of?

Thank you all a TON for the info on the purple eye! I got what I needed, and now we should down him tonight!

Thank you all again, very very useful info here!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420800000009cc54/signature.png]Naweth[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by ofMiceandHobbits View Post
    Youre suggesting that having burgs prevents the need to have run speed scrolls? Does dust in the eyes work for run speed on the LT/bird that I'm unaware of?
    No, it's unrelated.

Reveal Weakness x2, a Disable from one, CD from the other and positional damage in a power-sensitive fight.

Add control if needed.

We bring

1 Guard
    2 Cappies
    2 Mins
    2 Hunters
    2 LMs
    1 RK
    2 Burgs or sometimes Champ/Burg

Our fastest LT kill is just over 11 minutes.

Ranged helps in phase one until you have it tuned-in, then it doesn't matter as much. Stun immunity on the melee DPSers for insurance. Melee damage is as good or better than ranged in phase 2 IMO. Phase 3 doesn't matter.

Stacking hunters just isn't fun anyway...

The NOLDOR of Arkenstone

I'd definitely have to agree with the burg thing, some of our smoothest/easiest kills have been with 1-2 burgs. In fact having two burgs through the whole instance is realy nice, durchest hits wimpier, a champ and 2 burgs can take the fire boss down quickly for twins, and they make the trash pulls melt. Plus reveal weakness is something everyone can benefit from. Geoff you should be embracing this with open arms.. not questioning it
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000000c74f5/01006/signature.png]Kamriel[/charsig]

Phoenix downed Lt EM tonight...thanks again for the info on the purple eye. It made the difference!

Yayyy Grats

Can the yellow eye carrier get feared? We have never seen this before and from the notes it sounds like it is not possible but today in 2 out of 4 runs at him, a person got the yellow eye and feared at the transition. I am wondering if the update screwed this up.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0000000802f0/01003/signature.png]Buckamir[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Buckamir View Post
    Can the yellow eye carrier get feared? We have never seen this before and from the notes it sounds like it is not possible but today in 2 out of 4 runs at him, a person got the yellow eye and feared at the transition. I am wondering if the update screwed this up.
    it was just a server maintenence update, and no it's not supposed to be possible.
    Kraken, Thesungodra

I see it happen every once in a while, but the bird is never chasing the person when they are feared. So usually it happens just as yellow eye shows up, or the person is already feared and gets a yellow eye. The important thing is that the bird is never actually chasing the person when the fear happens. Perhaps the script is so that the bird has to be actually chasing you for you to be inelegible for a fear. Whether or not this is intended I'm not sure, but we have neve had someone chomped from being feared ever since they changed the fight. Hope that helps

Like I said, we have never seen it before and then we see it twice tonight at the transition.

Maybe the feared person was close to the person with aggro so he was really ignoring him but it definitely caught us off guard. I don't remember the 2 people dieing so that might have been what happened.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0000000802f0/01003/signature.png]Buckamir[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Comma44 View Post
    I'd definitely have to agree with the burg thing, some of our smoothest/easiest kills have been with 1-2 burgs. In fact having two burgs through the whole instance is realy nice, durchest hits wimpier, a champ and 2 burgs can take the fire boss down quickly for twins, and they make the trash pulls melt. Plus reveal weakness is something everyone can benefit from. Geoff you should be embracing this with open arms.. not questioning it
    So what yer say'in is, we should all stack burgs and wardens for this fight. O_o Next on the agenda - 4 burgs, 2 wardens, 2 captains, 2 mini, 1 lm, 1 rk

Oh ya, wardens have power problems in the LT....pffff...there's the biggest power pot in the whole game running around the entire fight! Any class with a ranged auto attack should own.
    Last edited by ofMiceandHobbits; Aug 31 2010 at 04:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ofMiceandHobbits View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Comma44 View Post
    So what yer say'in is, we should all stack burgs and wardens for this fight. O_o Next on the agenda - 4 burgs, 2 wardens, 2 captains, 2 mini, 1 lm, 1 rk

Oh ya, wardens have power problems in the LT....pffff...there's the biggest power pot in the whole game running around the entire fight! Any class with a ranged auto attack should own.
    lol, Kam didn't say anything about Wardens...what are you trying to pull, Mister?

Quote Originally Posted by Buckamir View Post
    Yes, it can happen, but the second the fear hits, the beast immediately ignores that person for the duration of the fear. And that happens whether the chicken is chasing the person because they have the yellow eye, or because they have top aggro (usually a hunter who built the aggro during phase 1). Happens frequently to me on my hunter, lol, with and without the yellow eye.

Remember the widespread complaints about yellow + fear= unavoidable death? I think what the Devs did to counter-act that was set some code in the beast that says, "if the person you're after gets feared, immediately leave him or her and go get your next target." At least, that's how I've seen him behave repeatedly.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Angadan View Post
    lol, Kam didn't say anything about Wardens...what are you trying to pull, Mister?
    No agenda here O_o. Nope, just pure unbiased factoids

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast