We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Question Anyone ever get a bound item "stuck" on their house?

We have an odd thing going on at our kin house. We got the "unwelcome mat" and wanted to place it, but when we tried to remove the bound summer, welcome mat and "return to owner" we get a "general error."

Anyone else run into this inability to remove furniture bound to someone else? We figure maybe the person who placed it deleted their character or is no longer on the server or something. No one with decorating permissions can remove it. Not even the kin leader/owner of the house can remove the mat. It's just stuck there

We put the unwelcome mat on the kin leader's house for now, but any advice on how to remove the old summer mat would be appreciated. Can a senior GM remove it if the kin leader requests it?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c00000002b0da/01004/signature.png]Jilla[/charsig]
    Vilya's Ambassador of Happiness, Goodwill, and Fuzzy Kittens' and Somesuch!

Killing a Boogan somm'ers, 'cause they remind me of Bogarts.

Re: Anyone ever get a bound item "stuck" on their house?

Quote Originally Posted by Jilla View Post
    We have an odd thing going on at our kin house. We got the "unwelcome mat" and wanted to place it, but when we tried to remove the bound summer, welcome mat and "return to owner" we get a "general error."

Anyone else run into this inability to remove furniture bound to someone else? We figure maybe the person who placed it deleted their character or is no longer on the server or something. No one with decorating permissions can remove it. Not even the kin leader/owner of the house can remove the mat. It's just stuck there

We put the unwelcome mat on the kin leader's house for now, but any advice on how to remove the old summer mat would be appreciated. Can a senior GM remove it if the kin leader requests it?
    I had this happen to me yesterday. I was trying to replace an Inn League Keg with the new AA defiled IL Keg. I believe the IL Keg belonged to someone who hasn't logged in for a few months. So thought I that might be the issue. But latter when our kin leader logged on and I had logged off of the toon I was using, our kin leader received the item into his escrow. It was not his item. :/

Check back to see if it has been removed.
    ****Bogarts! We hates Bogarts!****

Quote Originally Posted by Toranoga View Post
    I had this happen to me yesterday. I was trying to replace an Inn League Keg with the new AA defiled IL Keg. I believe the IL Keg belonged to someone who hasn't logged in for a few months. So thought I that might be the issue. But latter when our kin leader logged on and I had logged off of the toon I was using, our kin leader received the item into his escrow. It was not his item. :/

Cool! I will tell our kin leader to check later (since the mat is bound to him).

Thanks!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c00000002b0da/01004/signature.png]Jilla[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Jilla View Post
    Anyone else run into this inability to remove furniture bound to someone else? We figure maybe the person who placed it deleted their character or is no longer on the server or something.
    Either that or that character's escrow is already full, so you can't send anything else back to it. Either way, your best bet is probably GM help.
    Arda Shrugged:Elendilstone

I got the Moria Keg from the spring leaves barter and now I cannot move it or remove it. The toon who has it has no access to Moria is that why it is stuck ?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000001c8721/01008/signature.png]Ashiya[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Toranoga View Post

When I logged back in, the kin leader told me the mat was removed and they placed our new one there

Weird. But yeah, if anyone has a stuck item, try removing it and then logging out and coming back later. Seemed to work for Toranoga and for my kin.

I had this happen to me today with a bed of flowers bound to one of my alts. I logged off and on a couple times and it finally disappeared (and I did get the GENERAL ERROR message).

I'm guessing the command was issued but the transfer to escrow was delayed or something. Definitely worth noting that it is happening regardless of escrow accounts or character status.

As said in another thread: Log into an alt.

Logging off once or reloading the homestead instance won't fix it. Log into an alt, log off, then log back on your main.

I was able to get rid of many items bound to different alts and of items belonging to the owner of the house I was redecorating this way.

Kia xxx

Ps: When it wasn't my house, I do not know where the items went though!(to the owner of the house or to the owner of the trophy!) As for the items in my house, they all went to their respective owner.
    [CENTER][COLOR="YellowGreen"]Kiarane, Hunter[/COLOR] & [COLOR="Yellow"]Cassyan Lilywell, Minstrel[/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER]Writer, cook and decorator for[url=http://www.casualstrolltomordor.com/] A Casual Stroll to Mordor![/url][/CENTER]