We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Homesteads - how far from the crafting sites?

Does anybody have a list of how far the four homesteads are from their "town centers" with the crafting areas?

I'm thinking of upgrading to a deluxe house for the 20% vendor discount (gave up on the Troll-Keeper for now) and I like the Elven homestead best.

But obviously the hike between the Elven homestead and crafting in Celondim is a joke, and there are no superiour crafting sites there. And even the Duillond horse-master is useless.

Anyone collected a table about how far (in seconds) these connections are:
    • Shire homestead to Michel Delving crafting
    • Elven homestead to Michel Delving crafting
    • Bree homestead to Bree crafting hall
    • I already know that Thorin's hall is the clostest but a number would be great

Re: Homesteads - how far from the crafting sites?

I have not measured it in seconds but there are superior ovens,superior study at the Mathom House and superior farming close to the Shire Homesteads. The superior forge and superior Worktable that is accessible via Thorin Hall rep is near the Thorin Homesteads .

You will be needing the superior crafting stations for artisan and above and running to Esteldin or Rivendale is not really convenient.So rather than considering distance consider the fact that both the Elf and Human homestead do not have nearby superior crafting workstations.

I am hoping to buy dwarf since my hunter is my scholar/farmer so she can port to Michael Delving and does not need the home close. The superior worktable at Thorin is huge factor for my jeweller and tailor.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000001c8721/01008/signature.png]Ashiya[/charsig]

The only one that is viable is the Dwarf housing community. Hobbit one is marginal if you got a horse. It is several minute ride to Michel Delving - that only gets you study and cook.

Human and elvish are useless. You are so far from anything. Elvish is the worst. It is a long ride to Duillond. There is nothing there except regular facilities. No swift travel.

I live in Elvish housing. They are beautiful. I use the racial recalls. Milestones. Hunter ports to get out.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Killing a Boogan somm'ers, 'cause they remind me of Bogarts.

If you reach Kindred with Thorin's Hall you can use the superior crafting stations in the rep area. So that covers all but Farming and Scholar.

You can also get a racial recall from them if you have kindred. I thought we would be able to get recalls to all the racial ports with rep, but I only know of the Dwarf one at the moment.
    ****Bogarts! We hates Bogarts!****

Quote Originally Posted by Toranoga View Post
    If you reach Kindred with Thorin's Hall you can use the superior crafting stations in the rep area. So that covers all but Farming and Scholar.

You can also get a racial recall from them if you have kindred. I thought we would be able to get recalls to all the racial ports with rep, but I only know of the Dwarf one at the moment.
    Actually, You only need acquaintance to get access to the area with the superior workbench.
    You do need kindred to access the vendor(s) in there though.

For Armourer/Tailor/Weaponsmith/Jeweller, its fairly handy, although your Scholar/Farmer/Cook will more likely appreciate Michael delving.
    [CENTER][I][SIZE=1][COLOR=Gray]This has been a public harassment announcement®[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=Gray] Courtesy of The Ministry of Creative Anarchy - Public Harassment Office[/COLOR][/SIZE][/I]

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    The only one that is viable is the Dwarf housing community. Hobbit one is marginal if you got a horse. It is several minute ride to Michel Delving - that only gets you study and cook.

Human and elvish are useless. You are so far from anything. Elvish is the worst. It is a long ride to Duillond. There is nothing there except regular facilities. No swift travel.

I live in Elvish housing. They are beautiful. I use the racial recalls. Milestones. Hunter ports to get out.
    Agree on the Dwarf housing being the best. (as far as crafting and stable access)

I also have Elven housing (and love it!) and TBH it's not that bad as long as you have a horse. Key point is to not go to Duillond, go to Michel Delving instead. Hop on your horse, ride out the housing gate (you don't even have to dismount now!), ride thru the Shire gate (still no dismount) and go crosscountry (cutting across the bog) to MD and you're there in no time. It's not much longer than going from Shire housing to MD.

What would be nice, would be stables in the housing areas, but that's been suggested numerous times. Maybe one day they'll listen and let us have them.
    Last edited by Doronlas; Apr 28 2010 at 12:16 PM. Reason: finished my statements (boss was interrupting! the nerve...)
    O Elvenking! … Merry be the Greenwood while the world is yet young and merry be all your folk!

Killing a Boogan somm'ers, 'cause they remind me of Bogarts.

Quote Originally Posted by Doronlas View Post
    What would be nice, would be stables in the housing areas, but that's been suggested numerous times. Maybe one day they'll listen and let us have them.
    Yeah, no stables, but there is a milestone??? What's up with that??? :/
    ****Bogarts! We hates Bogarts!****

Quote Originally Posted by Doronlas View Post
    Agree on the Dwarf housing being the best. (as far as crafting and stable access)

I also have Elven housing (and love it!) and TBH it's not that bad as long as you have a horse. Key point is to not go to Duillond, go to Michel Delving instead. Hop on your horse, ride out the housing gate (you don't even have to dismount now!), ride thru the Shire gate (still no dismount) and go crosscountry (cutting across the bog) to MD and you're there in no time. It's not much longer than going from Shire housing to MD.

I already owned a house in the Thorin's hall town, the closest one to vault and supplier. I want something nicer. And the main crafter to support is the cook which naturally is in Michel Delving.

I could also wait for some housing fixes but well, that could take a while

I guess it's time to check the cooking cost table to see whether 20% is really worth the travel grind. Do we have an up-to-date table?

IMO the fastest trip is dwarf house to horse, which is about 10 seconds away. From the horse, you can hop to esteldin and be crafting in another 20 seconds or so, or MD in 10 seconds or so, or TG in 45 seconds or so. If your computer/net is fast so load screens do not effect you, you can thorins-house to horse, to moors, to rivendell in under 30 seconds as well, and from there to inner CG also in a round trip of 30-45 seconds.

So, assuming your toon can use swift travels from thorins to somewhere useful, which might be asking a lot if you are talking crafting alts at level 10, you have a wide variety of options in 30-60 seconds. If you are walking and a lowbie, the best I can think of is still thorins to MD via swift trave, a round trip still under 60 seconds.
    (Note that the MD crafting is next to the horse really).
    Draegon:
    "stack all the morale you want but dont come on here wonderin why you aint hittin hard! :D"