We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 32
  1. #1

    Unhappy Level 45 Class Quest

    I am leaving a message to make a comment and a suggestion. Isn't it time the level 45 quest was overhauled? I have made a point of speaking to numerous players in the game and pretty much all of them, unless they already had toons of level 60 or higher and get the items for their lower level alts, wait until they're 60-65 to get it done. This alone should tell you something. I understand that the level 45 class quests were crafted at a time when the highest level you could go was 50 and it was meant to keep you busy, but this is no longer true. Allow me to point out a couple of things to you. 1st) Two pages of ingredients is ridiculous, over long and pointless. 2nd) Getting a fellowship together in Angmar is very nearly impossible. Few seem to quest in Angmar and stick around there long enough to get the book quests done period, at least from people I've spoken too. And even fewer are willing to join a fellowship to get these items because you end up vying with fellowship mates for the items you need and most are not willing to trade the items to you because they're more interested putting them up for auction and price gouging they're way into toon wealth, at least they were when I initially got the quest. Granted by enabling players to gather skirmish marks to trade in for the items a person needs is obviously a semi-acknowledgement that the level 45 quest is screwy, but it doesn't do enough. Do you realize just how many skirmishes a person would have to do just be able to trade them in for the Sigil of War? You would need 1690 some marks for Pete's sake! And at worse, CD and Urugarth are both dinosaurs, I believe that'd you find few if any put together raids for either one, let alone normal fellowships. Don't just dangle a semi-fix in front of our noses with the skirmish/curio guy at the camps, fix the problem, please. Thank you.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Proud Canuck
    Posts
    1,263

    Re: Level 45 Class Quest

    Quote Originally Posted by Spud617 View Post
    I am leaving a message to make a comment and a suggestion. Isn't it time the level 45 quest was overhauled? I have made a point of speaking to numerous players in the game and pretty much all of them, unless they already had toons of level 60 or higher and get the items for their lower level alts, wait until they're 60-65 to get it done. This alone should tell you something. I understand that the level 45 class quests were crafted at a time when the highest level you could go was 50 and it was meant to keep you busy, but this is no longer true. Allow me to point out a couple of things to you. 1st) Two pages of ingredients is ridiculous, over long and pointless. 2nd) Getting a fellowship together in Angmar is very nearly impossible. Few seem to quest in Angmar and stick around there long enough to get the book quests done period, at least from people I've spoken too. And even fewer are willing to join a fellowship to get these items because you end up vying with fellowship mates for the items you need and most are not willing to trade the items to you because they're more interested putting them up for auction and price gouging they're way into toon wealth, at least they were when I initially got the quest. Granted by enabling players to gather skirmish marks to trade in for the items a person needs is obviously a semi-acknowledgement that the level 45 quest is screwy, but it doesn't do enough. Do you realize just how many skirmishes a person would have to do just be able to trade them in for the Sigil of War? You would need 1690 some marks for Pete's sake! And at worse, CD and Urugarth are both dinosaurs, I believe that'd you find few if any put together raids for either one, let alone normal fellowships. Don't just dangle a semi-fix in front of our noses with the skirmish/curio guy at the camps, fix the problem, please. Thank you.
    Have you logged in the last few days or read the patch notes? People are hidding CD/Uru/BG/Rift/Helegrod again atm. People are going for their meta-deeds, get out there, use the glff, and find a group will ya?

  3. #3

    Re: Level 45 Class Quest

    It is not that bad. You can working on your level 50 class quest at level 30 by running skirmishes. Save your marks to buy the items.

    At level 45, you can take the class quest and knock it out for lots of experience points. Worse case, you have to find a bud to help you with your class specific mobs if you can not solo them or get to them at 45.

    The bear in Misty Mountain is a bit of a pain at 45 because of all the elite giants and trolls in the area.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,161

    Re: Level 45 Class Quest

    This comes up every so often.

    I know it's a pain to complete. It's supposed to be. It's basically an epic class quest. The point is it takes time and effort to get a really good legendary trait for your class.

    Lots of people are running Uru & CD again these days for deeds. Jump in on that. Uru can be ran at 46 and CD at 48.

    If you cannot get in a group you can also buy the items:
    1. On the auction hall
    2. With skirmish marks

    So the solo option is there as well. There are plenty of guides online spelling out everything each class needs and where to find it.

    Good luck!
    \\ Galidin \\ Unpossible \\ Rawlor \\
    ...::: Defenders of the Lost Light - Brandywine :::...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,437

    Re: Level 45 Class Quest

    Quote Originally Posted by Spud617 View Post
    I am leaving a message to make a comment and a suggestion. Isn't it time the level 45 quest was overhauled? I have made a point of speaking to numerous players in the game and pretty much all of them, unless they already had toons of level 60 or higher and get the items for their lower level alts, wait until they're 60-65 to get it done. This alone should tell you something. I understand that the level 45 class quests were crafted at a time when the highest level you could go was 50 and it was meant to keep you busy, but this is no longer true. Allow me to point out a couple of things to you. 1st) Two pages of ingredients is ridiculous, over long and pointless. 2nd) Getting a fellowship together in Angmar is very nearly impossible. Few seem to quest in Angmar and stick around there long enough to get the book quests done period, at least from people I've spoken too. And even fewer are willing to join a fellowship to get these items because you end up vying with fellowship mates for the items you need and most are not willing to trade the items to you because they're more interested putting them up for auction and price gouging they're way into toon wealth, at least they were when I initially got the quest. Granted by enabling players to gather skirmish marks to trade in for the items a person needs is obviously a semi-acknowledgement that the level 45 quest is screwy, but it doesn't do enough. Do you realize just how many skirmishes a person would have to do just be able to trade them in for the Sigil of War? You would need 1690 some marks for Pete's sake! And at worse, CD and Urugarth are both dinosaurs, I believe that'd you find few if any put together raids for either one, let alone normal fellowships. Don't just dangle a semi-fix in front of our noses with the skirmish/curio guy at the camps, fix the problem, please. Thank you.
    your experience is very, very different from mine. I see people running it everyday. I was in a group not long ago that ran URU 5 times, that is FIVE times consecutively to make sure everyone got what they needed. I started up a CD group and got 3 responses from GLFF immediately and when I tried to fill the remaining two slots from LFF I got 4 responses immediately (this is before all the fuss about deeds). No one can take a survey that you conduct as any kind of evidence towards what you are asking for. Even before the deeds issue, the groups were there. One of the biggest issues I see is that people watch GLFF and assume that because no one else is starting a group that there is no interest out there.

    My advice is to use LFF, GLFF, and your LFF character tab while questing, deeding, or mining resources in Angmar. If you don't see a group pop up over time, start one yourself. You may not get a full group at any given time on any given day (same with current content), but if you put forth a small amount of effort, you will get this done much, MUCH easier than grinding skirmishes.

    I don't believe it needs to change at all right now. CD and URU are tons of fun and I quite consistently see groups forming for the items, the deeds, or just to replay the instances.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    28

    Re: Level 45 Class Quest

    Within our kin, we have a 2nd kinhouse stuffed with class items and officers are happy every w/e to do runs to collect the 'special' items for members, so we rarely have to fill runs with anyone else.

    If you have a friendly & supportive kin, the class quests are actually quite fun!

    Imo, your kin is what makes the game!!

    Elph

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,939

    Re: Level 45 Class Quest

    Quote Originally Posted by Elphoria View Post
    Within our kin, we have a 2nd kinhouse stuffed with class items and officers are happy every w/e to do runs to collect the 'special' items for members, so we rarely have to fill runs with anyone else.

    If you have a friendly & supportive kin, the class quests are actually quite fun!

    Imo, your kin is what makes the game!!

    Elph
    Except not everyone can be in a large enough of nice enough kin.

    I agree with the OP, the instances are really fun, but getting a group together is nigh impossible. Most of your replies have been, "hey, take the easy way out, skirm for the tokens you need" then you turn around and say "its suppose to be hard and difficult" if you can get what you need by skirming, the only thing it is is tedious, boring, and repetitive. To me, when the vast majority of the people are taking that route, something needs to be changed.

    Also, while on this topic, I request a change in rewards, why would you want a weapon, generally you will have your LI's at this point.

    Speaking of this though, I live on Arkenstone, and really want to get groups together for doing this, so if anyone there reads this and wants to, let me know.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    717

    Re: Level 45 Class Quest

    Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    It is not that bad. You can working on your level 50 class quest at level 30 by running skirmishes. Save your marks to buy the items.
    Except I noticed when i tried to do that with my hunter.... hunters have to pay the most out of any class in SM's to get their major items ... that needs to be changed.
    [center][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0000000369e1/01001/signature.png]Manhandsmagee[/charsig]
    [/center]

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,939

    Re: Level 45 Class Quest

    Quote Originally Posted by 4enzix View Post
    Except I noticed when i tried to do that with my hunter.... hunters have to pay the most out of any class in SM's to get their major items ... that needs to be changed.
    Yah, I got hit with that on my Guardian, I have heard that's because the items we need are more rare or harder to come by (having to kill more difficult monsters and what not). I agree this should change, though I don't think they should be made cheaper nessesarily, just different options avaliable perhaps.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    717

    Re: Level 45 Class Quest

    Quote Originally Posted by Waxe View Post
    Yah, I got hit with that on my Guardian, I have heard that's because the items we need are more rare or harder to come by (having to kill more difficult monsters and what not). I agree this should change, though I don't think they should be made cheaper nessesarily, just different options avaliable perhaps.
    Except the fact that some classes have harder or more rare items is the problem in the first place. At this stage with quests so far away from the level cap it shouldnt be "harder" or "more expensive" for any one class.... since they arent going to change the instance I would suggest they at least make the SM costs equal across the board.
    [center][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0000000369e1/01001/signature.png]Manhandsmagee[/charsig]
    [/center]

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    143

    Re: Level 45 Class Quest

    Quote Originally Posted by Waxe View Post
    Also, while on this topic, I request a change in rewards, why would you want a weapon, generally you will have your LI's at this point.
    This! A friend and I recently did the 45th level quest on our Burglar alts (at 45th level no less). Of course, we took our 65s into Uru for a few of the easy items and used SMs for the rest.

    But, bottom line is that the two class items were basically worthless - at 45th level! I think I had the bracelet equipped for one level, then got something better as reward for some nothing quest somewhere. The only reason to do this questline is the Legendary Trait. The two items are junk and should be revisited (for all classes).

  12. #12

    Re: Level 45 Class Quest

    I did these quests with only 1 of my 13 characters, and found it really wasn't even worth it. If you do it at any level above 50 you get a legendary trait which sucks in comparison to end-game traits and outdated, ###### gear. Do us a favor, Turbine, and either upgrade the rewards or turn them into free gifts for every character as soon as they hit level 50.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    1,141

    Re: Level 45 Class Quest

    Quote Originally Posted by Oloria View Post
    I did these quests with only 1 of my 13 characters, and found it really wasn't even worth it. If you do it at any level above 50 you get a legendary trait which sucks in comparison to end-game traits and outdated, ###### gear. Do us a favor, Turbine, and either upgrade the rewards or turn them into free gifts for every character as soon as they hit level 50.
    This certainly isn't true with every class! The captain trait is IDOME, almost a requirement. The hunter one is good, actually for a hunter the end game traits are not as good as the first three traits earned.
    Silverlode refugee

  14. #14

    Re: Level 45 Class Quest

    Quote Originally Posted by 4enzix View Post
    Except I noticed when i tried to do that with my hunter.... hunters have to pay the most out of any class in SM's to get their major items ... that needs to be changed.
    The price is based on the difficulty of acquisition. The Slime requires more time, more people, more skilled players, better balanced group, higher level characters than some of the other items. Hence the higher price in skirmish marks. It costs more silver to buy.

    Where as items, like the one on the troll boss near the entrance to Uru are much easier to get. People would this boss time and time again for the virtue. At one time this item was selling for 20 silvers on the auction hall. I go to Uru with a group of five buddies. We let it rot because no one could pick it up. You can only have one on each character.

    There have always been complaints to Turbine about - Unfair to Hunters because there are so many Hunters fighting over limited availability Slimes. Unfair to Hunters because killing the Slime Holder requires a more skilled team. Unfair to Hunters because the Slime Holder is behind layered defenses. No getting to the Slime Holder in ten minutes. Without Keys - getting to the Slime Holder is more time consuming. Turbine is not been accepting complaints from Hunter operators or the other classes that need a Slime.

    Getting your level 50 class quest done is easily doable by anyone. It is up to each player to determine value - whether the player wants to spend the time finishing it. You can not is solo it.

    The level 58 class quest. That is a group quest. Some of them are a serious challenge for a full group of 65s. Doing the Lore Master class quest is not a yawn - simple tank and spank. I have helped a number Lore Masters finish this quest. Never done it with my Lore Master. Never did the Champion one either.
    Last edited by Yula_the_Mighty; May 24 2011 at 11:00 AM.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    717

    Re: Level 45 Class Quest

    Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    The price is based on the difficulty of acquisition. The Slime requires more time, more people, more skilled players, better balanced group, higher level characters than some of the other items. Hence the higher price in skirmish marks. It costs more silver to buy.

    Where as items, like the one on the troll boss near the entrance to Uru are much easier to get. People would this boss time and time again for the virtue. At one time this item was selling for 20 silvers on the auction hall. I go to Uru with a group of five buddies. We let it rot because no one could pick it up. You can only have one on each character.

    There have always been complaints to Turbine about - Unfair to Hunters because there are so many Hunters fighting over limited availability Slimes. Unfair to Hunters because killing the Slime Holder requires a more skilled team. Unfair to Hunters because the Slime Holder is behind layered defenses. No getting to the Slime Holder in ten minutes. Without Keys - getting to the Slime Holder is more time consuming. Turbine is not been accepting complaints from Hunter operators or the other classes that need a Slime.

    Getting your level 50 class quest done is easily doable by anyone. It is up to each player to determine value - whether the player wants to spend the time finishing it. You can not is solo it.

    The level 58 class quest. That is a group quest. Some of them are a serious challenge for a full group of 65s. Doing the Lore Master class quest is not a yawn - simple tank and spank. I have helped a number Lore Masters finish this quest. Never done it with my Lore Master. Never did the Champion one either.
    All I know Yula is that it costs 7020 SM for your class items for a hunter, 5720 for a minstrel 4810 for a Champ....

    So I would respond to your apologist condescention by saying the way they have set it up is that EVERYONE can solo it but that some classes need to spend more than others. The degree of difficulty is in fact irrelevant under the new system.

    7020 > 4810 and this needs to be fixed. Again, im tired of always being told "decide if its really worth it". That attitude is flawed.
    [center][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0000000369e1/01001/signature.png]Manhandsmagee[/charsig]
    [/center]

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,863

    Re: Level 45 Class Quest

    I agree it's time for turbine to look at this and tweek it.

    Tweek not nesscarily replace.

    first of all the junk gathering quests need to be changed, if this is supposed to be a grand epic quest these don't feel epic, they're what I call "make work". the standard "kill 15 rats and bring me their tails" stuff of any MMO.

    thats fine for a run of the mill leveling MMO quest, but not for something you want to have an epic feel.

    Turbine knows how to write quest lines with a true epic feel, there's no reason they can't with this one (I found the 15 and 30 class quests had a more epic feel to em then the 45 one which felt same ole no matter my class)

    some minor fluff changes would work nicely (I think telling us we need to be properly attired before visiting the person in question is silly. as others have pointed out, we have better gear anyway)
    if being properly ATTIRED is the important thing you could replace the equipment with cosmetic items.

    for example a unique cloak and hat cosmetic (turbine could then sell these things, with some colour differances in the store)

    beyond that I'd look at CD items being sellable, would it be more effective to make em BoA so that you don't have people Ninjaing em to sell?

    as it is when I run CD I insist the leader, or someone I trust, master loots the items to the correct individuals

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    119

    Re: Level 45 Class Quest

    I have exactly the same problem with my level-45 Guardian class quests. In the begining they were easy and I was able to solo them but when I came to the part where you have to kill 2 extremely strong foes in Carn Dum I just stuck. I have tried lots of times in the LFF and GLFF to find a fellowship to help me and I always got the same answer "go get some skirmish marks and bartrer them for the items you need". Now I am 53-level doing the Epic Volume II and I still have these quests undone. Turbine should do something about this one.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,939

    Re: Level 45 Class Quest

    Quote Originally Posted by 4enzix View Post
    All I know Yula is that it costs 7020 SM for your class items for a hunter, 5720 for a minstrel 4810 for a Champ....

    So I would respond to your apologist condescention by saying the way they have set it up is that EVERYONE can solo it but that some classes need to spend more than others. The degree of difficulty is in fact irrelevant under the new system.

    7020 > 4810 and this needs to be fixed. Again, im tired of always being told "decide if its really worth it". That attitude is flawed.
    Well, not to mention, why is the hunter the most expensive -> because its critters require the most work to kill, bigger group. Hunters are known mostly for solo-ing, I have several hunters, all of which group like two times all the way to 65. Minstrels and captains should have the harder creatures to kill, they are more likely to team up with a group, so they should (if anyone, which no one really should) have the more difficult ones.

    I like the idea where these quests get revamped all together to make it feel more epic, I love the 15 and 30 class quests on just about all of the classes, even if they are lame, they are somewhat unique with their own story line. I particularly like the 15 minstrel quest where everyone gets fed at the end, that was nice. I don't, however, agree with changing the rewards to cosmetics, I don't care alot for cosmetics like that because then you end up with alot of people having them. I think some fairly decent level 45 - 50 items would be cool, such as a pocket item, or heck, i'd be happy with just the traits.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    717

    Re: Level 45 Class Quest

    Quote Originally Posted by Waxe View Post
    Well, not to mention, why is the hunter the most expensive -> because its critters require the most work to kill, bigger group. Hunters are known mostly for solo-ing, I have several hunters, all of which group like two times all the way to 65.
    I have a hunter champ and RK soloed equally as much with all three up to 65.... costs are still drastically different.
    [center][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0000000369e1/01001/signature.png]Manhandsmagee[/charsig]
    [/center]

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,939

    Re: Level 45 Class Quest

    Quote Originally Posted by 4enzix View Post
    I have a hunter champ and RK soloed equally as much with all three up to 65.... costs are still drastically different.
    I know, which is my point, why should solo's have to team up with a group for a kill, when a group-based class doesn't.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    717

    Re: Level 45 Class Quest

    Quote Originally Posted by Waxe View Post
    I know, which is my point, why should solo's have to team up with a group for a kill, when a group-based class doesn't.
    what the heck are solo's? That whole sentence doesnt even make sense. I have no idea what your point is.

    Technically, under this system you can do anything solo or group. I'm talking about how costs for some classes buying their major class items are much higher than other classes.
    [center][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0000000369e1/01001/signature.png]Manhandsmagee[/charsig]
    [/center]

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,939

    Re: Level 45 Class Quest

    Quote Originally Posted by 4enzix View Post
    what the heck are solo's? That whole sentence doesnt even make sense. I have no idea what your point is.

    Technically, under this system you can do anything solo or group. I'm talking about how costs for some classes buying their major class items are much higher than other classes.
    When I say "solo's" I mean classes that are more solo friendly and typically are more often played by those who desire to solo. Which in turn I am saying the people who solo more often that the people who group, have a much more difficult time getting these things, so the solo-friendly classes should have the easier-to-get tokens, as opposed to group friendly classes who don't mind and can find groups to run these things, they should have the harder-to-get tokens that require a group.

    When I refer to solo and group friendly, I mean in a way as to not take the cheap (skirmish) way out of it.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    1,358

    Re: Level 45 Class Quest

    Quote Originally Posted by Waxe View Post
    When I say "solo's" I mean classes that are more solo friendly and typically are more often played by those who desire to solo. Which in turn I am saying the people who solo more often that the people who group, have a much more difficult time getting these things, so the solo-friendly classes should have the easier-to-get tokens, as opposed to group friendly classes who don't mind and can find groups to run these things, they should have the harder-to-get tokens that require a group.

    When I refer to solo and group friendly, I mean in a way as to not take the cheap (skirmish) way out of it.
    There's nothing like solo or group classes, and all of them should be treated equally. Not every hunter prefers to solo, and not every captain prefers to group. In fact, captains are a great solo class, and the game is very soloable for every class. You make something up that people who prefer to solo at the same time prefer certain classes. And if your conclusion is that based on your assumptions these classes deserve a special treatment, you're dead wrong.

    Apart from that, no class can get the instance class items solo, and no class should be able to do so. Perhaps some people can solo Helchgam at max level and fully geared out, but that's certainly no way for chars wanting to get their trait.

    These quests need an overhaul. Every class should be treated the same, and I'd like to see them as real questlines, not just this scamped out FedEx type. I absolutely don't mind having the group option (instance run) vs. the solo option (skirmishes), but make them a bit more interesting!

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,939

    Re: Level 45 Class Quest

    Quote Originally Posted by Qhouri View Post
    There's nothing like solo or group classes, and all of them should be treated equally. Not every hunter prefers to solo, and not every captain prefers to group. In fact, captains are a great solo class, and the game is very soloable for every class. You make something up that people who prefer to solo at the same time prefer certain classes. And if your conclusion is that based on your assumptions these classes deserve a special treatment, you're dead wrong.

    Apart from that, no class can get the instance class items solo, and no class should be able to do so. Perhaps some people can solo Helchgam at max level and fully geared out, but that's certainly no way for chars wanting to get their trait.

    These quests need an overhaul. Every class should be treated the same, and I'd like to see them as real questlines, not just this scamped out FedEx type. I absolutely don't mind having the group option (instance run) vs. the solo option (skirmishes), but make them a bit more interesting!
    I agree with that, but if there is a difference, that is how it should be, not the way it is now.

  25. #25

    Re: Level 45 Class Quest

    If anything I want people to have reasons to go to Urugarth, CD and the Rift. They are my favourite instances.

 

 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload