We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Can't put Bound items in Chests?

Why can't I put my bound items in my deluxe housing chests. I have a lot of items for my house that are bound.

Re: Can't put Bound items in Chests?

Quote Originally Posted by EternalSoul View Post
    Why can't I put my bound items in my deluxe housing chests. I have a lot of items for my house that are bound.
    well since ya been around for 3 years...i point you to all the threads asking the same question since day 1 of housing.

and then i will tell ya what turbine said....nothing.

Basically, because the item belongs to one toon, placing it into a community chest is only going to succeed in clogging a chest up with bound stuff that your no longer sure which toon put it there.

Overall, it probably has to do with tracking ownership of bound items being a pain in the ****.

Quote Originally Posted by EternalSoul View Post
    The housing system including chests is a port of the Asheron's Call (Turbine's first game) housing system. The Turbine housing system has never had any support for bound items.

Just be glad you are not playing AC. A bound item in AC. Is truly bound. You have to carry it in your packs forever until you destroy it or sell it to a vendor for cash.

Fortunately, the shared storage that was introduced as part of the Adventure pack is new. It has bound item support. Turbine has stated that they are happy with the current implementation of housing. I am not expecting much in the way of improvement or changes.

Probably we got bound item support for shared storage is simple. You had to pay extra for slots.
    Last edited by Yula_the_Mighty; Apr 27 2010 at 12:15 AM.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.