We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Power problems

Re: Power problems

Now we're just going to have to do it all over again to figure it out.

Actually...not sure if we'll do that again or not. The rewards were...meh. Maybe to help someone else through sometime.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0000001037e2/01001/signature.png]Marcosi[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by rmj0411 View Post
    No offense taken...really, I appreciate it. Means alot coming from a forumite of your reputation. No sarcasm intended.

/citation needed
    Thank you very much for that sign of respect. I play guardian as well, if you ever want tot talk shop, just send me a message.

Quote Originally Posted by IowaHawk View Post
    Thank you very much for that sign of respect. I play guardian as well, if you ever want tot talk shop, just send me a message.
    Thanks, I was a lurker long before I was a participant on these forums. I always appreciate your posts, whether I agree with your perspective on the issue at hand or not.

I'm not sure what you mean by "talk shop"...but thanks for the offer.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0000001037e2/01001/signature.png]Marcosi[/charsig]

Guardian shop talk..."Did you see the way that orc's head bashed in?" and "Does this shield make my butt look fat?"
    [CENTER]

[/CENTER]

Thanks, I was a lurker long before I was a participant on these forums. I always appreciate your posts, whether I agree with your perspective on the issue at hand or not.

lol, when you start tanking the 6 mans in Moria you will know what I mean by "talkin' shop" for guardians.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupini View Post
    Guardian shop talk..."Did you see the way that orc's head bashed in?" and "Does this shield make my butt look fat?"
    And "If you open with <expletive> Heartseeker again, I will NOT pull the <expletive> boss off you. If you want him that bad, he's yours".

Thanks for the feedback! I am the infamous no-power captain . Since we usually three-man, and as you've pointed out we have very low DPS, I have tried to go with a very Might/Agility heavy build with 4 lead the charge traits and the +war-cry duration - basically a wannabe champ with some buffs. Unfortunately I do have to switch to my herald of victory for every long fight we have, drink power pots whenever I can, and it's usually not enough.

I was thinking about swapping renewed voice and focused strikes for now for wrath (especially since I have the legacy that reduces the cooldown on rallying cry) and improved victory banner, and changing out my jewelry for some will/fate/icpr stuff. Do you have any other suggestions for boss fights? I usually don't have to use inspire very often, but I am using blade of elendil every time it is available since it is my strongest attack (non-crit).
    Last edited by shinri; Apr 27 2010 at 10:51 PM. Reason: forgot about my legacy
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c00000010f67f/01008/signature.png]Cyneswyn[/charsig]

been a long time since i played in the lower levels on my capt so take this as some advice but make sure it fits your play style.

Heavy Might/Agility will not really give you a big boost to DPS.
    I would go with Power/ICPR/Vit. Remember no matter how much DPS you have if your blue bar is empty you are only AA and if your green bar is empty you are dead and it does not matter how big your blue bar is (confusing?)

You want Now for Wrath for the power heal. You want versatility with Victory and Hope it will help.
    Work on getting IDOM and slot it, it will help a lot.

Take things slowly and if anything have the other classes you go with go into their DPS stances. It will be good training and challange to controll threat and ensure that DPS is constant and the Guard keep agro even in OP. That should speed up your DPS a bit.

I see you got a legendary what kind of legacies did you get on the halberd and what lvl is it at?
    Last edited by Pillager101; Apr 28 2010 at 12:31 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320200000015b084/01008/signature.png]Dropofhoney[/charsig]

If you don't have them already two ICPR bracelets (do the book quests!) along with an ICPR gem in your legendary weapon will go a long ways (and if you can find a legendary with +icpr as a stat bonus that's even better). This can give you upwards 360 icpr from these changes alone (180+90+90).

ICPR >> everything else

You definitely should try Now for Wrath along with Strong Voice and switch out focused strikes (the odd miss won't hurt you that much). This will make rally cry a net power GAIN for you. I would try these changes before you go to the improved banner. You already slot improved war cry so you've got the right idea.
    Last edited by scottybene; Apr 28 2010 at 01:08 PM.
    [CENTER]Rakethorn of Elendilmir[/CENTER]
    [CENTER] [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by shinri View Post
    Thanks for the feedback! I am the infamous no-power captain . Since we usually three-man, and as you've pointed out we have very low DPS, I have tried to go with a very Might/Agility heavy build with 4 lead the charge traits and the +war-cry duration - basically a wannabe champ with some buffs. Unfortunately I do have to switch to my herald of victory for every long fight we have, drink power pots whenever I can, and it's usually not enough.

I was thinking about swapping renewed voice and focused strikes for now for wrath (especially since I have the legacy that reduces the cooldown on rallying cry) and improved victory banner, and changing out my jewelry for some will/fate/icpr stuff. Do you have any other suggestions for boss fights? I usually don't have to use inspire very often, but I am using blade of elendil every time it is available since it is my strongest attack (non-crit).
    Yes, slot Now for Wrath. I have not gone without that trait since I first earned it. I would not give up renewed voice. It's the single best DPS trait you have, and by ditching that you have to mix in more Grave Wound and Inspire uses, which are relatively power hungry.

I checked out your my.lotro.com entry. I'd look to sacrifice some might for a little more Fate and Will. But looking at your gear, there isn't much to change out. Maybe just the Splendid Ancient Silver Ring and Bosi's necklace. I hesitate to suggest giving up Tasgall's Gift of Valour because it has +Melee Defense, and I love +Melee Defense.

Any way, for a power efficient build with pretty good DPS I'd do 2 red, 3 blue. Renewed Voice, Expert Attacks, Now for Wrath, Strong Voice, and your choice for a last blue. I'd probably go with Strength from Within. With 3 blue traits and Strong Voice your Ralling Cry will cost ~18% less power. That will maximize the power return from Now for Wrath. Combine that with Rally Cry cooldown reduction, the single best Captain legacy, and you should be pretty good. To conserve some more power, you could skip Blade of Elendil every other time it's available. The BoE buff stays up for 30 seconds, so you can keep it up just hitting it every other cycle. If all else fails, look for a one-hander and shield both with ICPR. You can switch to those when your power starts running low.

So try it out, see how it goes, and scale back on the power saving measures if you can.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000003071/01008/signature.png]Kalbarad[/charsig]

Yeah, if you continue with this group formation (a very survivable group!), you will have to plan on being in fights for the long haul. Even if you intend to be the main damage contributor (which you can do for sure) You will still want to re-shift your focus to Will/Fate/ICPR.

I was thinking about swapping renewed voice and focused strikes for now for wrath (especially since I have the legacy that reduces the cooldown on rallying cry) and improved victory banner,
    This.

and changing out my jewelry for some will/fate/icpr stuff.
    And this. You can gear yourself like a champ with armour and weapons, but it will be more beneficial for you to gear like a minstrel with jewelry.

Do you have any other suggestions for boss fights? I usually don't have to use inspire very often, but I am using blade of elendil every time it is available since it is my strongest attack (non-crit).
    I think you have some very good ideas, at this point I think as long as you stick with it and keep making tweaks here and there you will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Pillager101 View Post
    How much power does your friend's captain have?
    How much ICPR?
    Does he have Now For Wrath and is it slotted?

What is his rotation and what kind of weapon is he using?

It is hard to say what the issue is without knowing what his current gear and stats are.
    Yeah without this info it's hard to say what the exact problem is. The only thing that can really be said is stack fate up as much as possible and get as much gear with +ICPR
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/01203010000025086/signature.png]Haji[/charsig]
    Tuin lvl 75 Captain

One thing you need to consider you are only 46, you still have a long way till 65.

Things like ICPR really won't start to ramp up till much latter in the game, till then you will have to get what you can, get good survivability, use RC whenever you can with Now for Wrath traited.
    Make sure IDOM is up all the time, 46+ to all stats is a big thing at your level.
    It will scale till 50 to get its full effect then.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320200000015b084/01008/signature.png]Dropofhoney[/charsig]

First thanks for the thread. I learnt a lot from reading it . However I have a couple of newbie questions.

What is ICPR and why is it important?
    What is IDOM and why is it important?

Many thanks,

Raven
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000001aa619/01003/signature.png]Aegambor[/charsig]

I can help with this one, though the captains here can probably clarify the importance specific to your class.

ICPR is "In Combat Power Regeneration". It refers to your toon's ability to naturally regenerate power during combat. I believe the number most people refer to is the amount of power per minute which is naturally restored while in combat. This is enhanced by the equipment your toon uses such as armor, weapons, and jewelry, and also I believe by your fate value.

IDOM or IDOME is short for "In Defense of Middle Earth". This is a captain fellowship buff which gives a hefty bonus to ALL stats for the players in a fellowship (i.e. might, vitality, agility, etc.).

ICPR = In Combat Power Regen. Very important for long fights once you get to the higher levels. You don't really need to worry about it too much until level 45+. If you want to know what yours is just go to your character screen and hover your mouse over your power (most captains at higher levels are sporting 800-900 icpr). Fate contributes to this amount as well as gear with native icpr on it (60 fate = 60 icpr/min)

IDOME = In Defense of Middle Earth. The definitive captain buff. It give +50 to all stats to everyone in your fellowship. This skill is granted following completion of your class quests at lvl 45-50.
    Last edited by scottybene; Apr 28 2010 at 05:12 PM.
    [CENTER]Rakethorn of Elendilmir[/CENTER]
    [CENTER] [/CENTER]

I looked at your character on My LOTRO, and the only thing I will add is you should buy/make a critted lvl 45 banner of victory. That will help your power issues a bit, and should not be that expensive. If I was on your server I'd make one for you myself for free.
    Arkenstone: Pelagor 100 Captain, Finarwe 100 Loremaster, Banderdas 100 Minstrel

Thank you rmj0411 and scottybene for your responses . They've helped my understanding of the game.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000001aa619/01003/signature.png]Aegambor[/charsig]

This is a bit of a thread-jack, but have any other captains noticed that since the last patch our power use is higher than it was before? I was in SG last night and me and the guard were burning thru power at a much higher pace than prior runs.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000000012d6/01003/signature.png]Ancaliman[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Raven_SB View Post
    First thanks for the thread. I learnt a lot from reading it . However I have a couple of newbie questions.

What is ICPR and why is it important?
    What is IDOM and why is it important?

Many thanks,

Raven
    ICPR is as said above "In combat power regen" I'd suggest getting this up fairly high for group content considering you'll be buffing, healing, and doing some minor dps all at the same time, for solo it's a bit different, you'll need to experiment with builds a little and find out how long you can survive in fights so you can better judge how much ICPR you need vrs how much morale you have.

IDOME is just "In defense of middle earth" it's a powerful buff that adds +50 to might, agility, vitality, will, and fate (at lvl 50+, if you get it before that it will be equivalent to your level) It's pretty much the best buff in game and it will really help with everything.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/01203010000025086/signature.png]Haji[/charsig]
    Tuin lvl 75 Captain

As many people stated IDOME is a group buff that gives +X to all stats.
    It caps out at +50 at lvl 50 and stays there for the rest of the game.

It is also a Legendary trait that you will basically never take off once you equip it.

You get it from doing your lvl 45-50 class quest which requires several components along with key class quests items from Uru and CD in Angmar.

As for the power issues, the other thing i would suggest it to get the critted Banners.
    The Line stats on them are better and will improve your survivability or DPS or power

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2