We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: Suggestion: Small creep nerf

Quote Originally Posted by Lestache View Post
    Just do the morroval ixp instance each day. You get something like 20-25 merrevail per run, and you'll be done before you know it.
    That involves riding a goat into moria every day though...
    [center][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000000abd01/signature.png]Stubi[/charsig]
    [b]BA-[/b][color=green]Ventspy(r6)[/color][/center]

Truth is Stubi, luck seems to play a bigger role than skill in 1v1s nowadays. specially if you are playing freepside. Downing a r10 reaver with 8k+ morale and 25% BPE chance - not to mention blinding dust - is a big accomplishment though and definately takes some mad skill.
    Good thing about SoM is that you can see from miles away who is just pure win and who needs to delete.

Ehh, creep BPE. Definately a hard fix.

Lets hope Turbine finds a way to clean this trash and we can pvp happily soon nuff. <3
    [center][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000065dab/signature.png]Galatherion[/charsig][/center]
    [center][font=Futura lt][color=black]~Demonio~[/color] [color=green]R10[/color][/center][/font]

Quote Originally Posted by dragex View Post
    Truth is Stubi, luck seems to play a bigger role than skill in 1v1s nowadays. specially if you are playing freepside. Downing a r10 reaver with 8k+ morale and 25% BPE chance - not to mention blinding dust - is a big accomplishment though and definately takes some mad skill.
    Good thing about SoM is that you can see from miles away who is just pure win and who needs to delete.

Ehh, creep BPE. Definately a hard fix.

Lets hope Turbine finds a way to clean this trash and we can pvp happily soon nuff. <3
    Well said Gala. My Captain will remain on hold until Turbine does something to fix the situation. The day I was solod by a Rank 2 Warg is the day I quit playing, and I have no plans to be back until Creeps get nerfed (especially Wargs).

Quote Originally Posted by mikeakarobinhood View Post
    The only other self heal is Clever Retort, which has only a 1/4 chance to actually heal. You don't need to be Gambler traited to use it, nor does Gambler give you any extra healing bonuses than Quiet Knife. Mishchief Maker gives you +15% healing from Glee & Clever Retort, but very few Burglars trait 4 deep into it.
    He traits mischief for w/e purpose, those 30s non-DR affected mezzes are a severe pain.

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherGab View Post
    He traits mischief for w/e purpose, those 30s non-DR affected mezzes are a severe pain.
    Well you said Gambler before, not Mischief.

I think you're confused again - the 30s daze comes from a Gambler trait which is affected by DR just the same as any other cc. It lasts up to 1 min in PvE.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000001901d1/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by mikeakarobinhood View Post
    Well you said Gambler before, not Mischief.

I think you're confused again - the 30s daze comes from a Gambler trait which is affected by DR just the same as any other cc. It lasts up to 1 min in PvE.
    Not to mention it is a T6 gamble for the 30 sec (pvmp) mez

Quote Originally Posted by Thorandril View Post
    TK just needs it's initial removed, spamming a DoT skill for the initial is the heights of stupidity.
    yeah the whole idea of haveing an attack that can do around 300 damage(after mitigations) every 6 seconds is so op . yes it has a dot but the dot part is easily cured by pots/items a burg cure or a hunter cure that has no cooldown or induction. removing that initial damage would leave spider doing less damage then level 20 captains. if they were to remove the initial damage the would have to make the dot uncurable. compare it to burning embers on the lm which has 1/2 the cooldown and its initial damage can hit for higher then the total damage of tainted kiss's dot and also has a dot and slow attached. my lm has hit for over 2k on a embers vs npc's and 0ver 1400 vs a creep(on the initial damage) my spider even if i went full dps spec has never even hit 600 with a tk(highest was 536 on a low level rk)

Quote Originally Posted by thisisanewname View Post
    yeah the whole idea of haveing an attack that can do around 300 damage(after mitigations) every 6 seconds is so op . yes it has a dot but the dot part is easily cured by pots/items a burg cure or a hunter cure that has no cooldown or induction. removing that initial damage would leave spider doing less damage then level 20 captains. if they were to remove the initial damage the would have to make the dot uncurable. compare it to burning embers on the lm which has 1/2 the cooldown and its initial damage can hit for higher then the total damage of tainted kiss's dot and also has a dot and slow attached. my lm has hit for over 2k on a embers vs npc's and 0ver 1400 vs a creep(on the initial damage) my spider even if i went full dps spec has never even hit 600 with a tk(highest was 536 on a low level rk)
    If a LM wants to hit big numbers they drop their mez to 5 seconds or some such not sure what else they lose.

I would have no problem if spiders could play like that but it would have to be at the cost of CC, but creeps will never get traitlines so its a pointless discussion
    [center][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000000abd01/signature.png]Stubi[/charsig]
    [b]BA-[/b][color=green]Ventspy(r6)[/color][/center]

Just do the morroval ixp instance each day. You get something like 20-25 merrevail per run, and you'll be done before you know it.
    I don't know specifically about the merrevail instance, but I know for sure none of the other instances count towards deeds (e.g., killing weavers in the spiders nest instance 100% does not count towards the moria weaver deed).

Quote Originally Posted by ursinuspip73 View Post
    Not to mention it is a T6 gamble for the 30 sec (pvmp) mez
    Which is what gambler's strike is for.

LOL at weaver comparing burning embers to tainted kiss. Let's trade, OK?

Quote Originally Posted by FajaSailors View Post
    I don't know specifically about the merrevail instance, but I know for sure none of the other instances count towards deeds (e.g., killing weavers in the spiders nest instance 100% does not count towards the moria weaver deed).
    Killing spiders in that ixp instance worked just fine for me when I did that deed. The only time that spiders in there didn't count is when I killed a few after completing the instance. I can't recall if the little red spiders that dropped from the ceiling counted, but all the white spiders did.

If it wasn't for all the theory craft the freeps/creeps must suck on your server thread, the MP boards would be soooo quiet.

Killing spiders in that ixp instance worked just fine for me when I did that deed. The only time that spiders in there didn't count is when I killed a few after completing the instance. I can't recall if the little red spiders that dropped from the ceiling counted, but all the white spiders did.
    Ummm, unless they've changed something recently, one of us has our facts wrong. I tested it several times on different toons.

Ummm, unless they've changed something recently, one of us has our facts wrong. I tested it several times on different toons.
    U are wrong...they count.
    GRUSM - REAVER, DUSKPAW - WARG, STIXM - WEAVER, GRUZGASH - BA

Cry about it. We creeps are screwed up to the point that 1v1ing as a low-ranked anything is impossible. Who cares about creeps blocking? You have parrying, evading, all of that as a 100% chance.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0720600000003c27b/signature.png]Ralcam[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Mcfoodle View Post
    Who cares about creeps blocking? You have parrying, evading, all of that as a 100% chance.
    Really? Interesting. I could have sworn that avoidances capped at 15%.
    Last edited by KillGore81; May 01 2010 at 01:17 PM.

LOL at weaver comparing burning embers to tainted kiss. Let's trade, OK?
    gladly my lm's burning embers is so much better then my tainted kiss.
    lets compare my poorly geared/traited lm vs my rank 8 spider

induction-
    burning embers 1.5sec (i think)
    tk 0

cooldown
    embers 3 secs
    tk 6 secs

initial damage(avg)
    embers 800 fire (have seen dev crits over 1800 on
    creeps)
    tk 350 acid (highest dev crit vs freep was 562 with full dps build)

dot damage
    embers 105/tick
    tk 136/tick

slow
    embers 30 secs
    tk none

removal
    embers-pots (lm if in same group)
    tk-pots,items,hunters(could clear 9 in the time it takes to reapply),burgs

seems to me that embers is better overall yes tk has no induction and a higher dot/tick but is easier to remove and doesn't last as long. i would much rather have the spike damage with a slow and a dot thats harder to be removed then have the stronger dot and no induction but thats just me

gladly my lm's burning embers is so much better then my tainted kiss.
    lets compare my poorly geared/traited lm vs my rank 8 spider

induction-
    burning embers 1.5sec (i think)
    tk 0

cooldown
    embers 3 secs
    tk 6 secs

initial damage(avg)
    embers 800 fire (have seen dev crits over 1800 on
    creeps)
    tk 350 acid (highest dev crit vs freep was 562 with full dps build)

dot damage
    embers 105/tick
    tk 136/tick

slow
    embers 30 secs
    tk none

removal
    embers-pots (lm if in same group)
    tk-pots,items,hunters(could clear 9 in the time it takes to reapply),burgs

seems to me that embers is better overall yes tk has no induction and a higher dot/tick but is easier to remove and doesn't last as long. i would much rather have the spike damage with a slow and a dot thats harder to be removed then have the stronger dot and no induction but thats just me
    I guess you haven't 1v1ed a melee class recently, think how much more difficult kiting would be if your main damage skill had an induction as a spider.
    Spam deleted by Administrators

Quote Originally Posted by oopsies View Post
    I guess you haven't 1v1ed a melee class recently, think how much more difficult kiting would be if your main damage skill had an induction as a spider.
    but it would be made much easier if you did not have to face the target to finish the induction
    "You cannot troll a Master Troll...I see thru all troll posts"[url=http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?436289-Stop-saying-creep-side-is-the-only-pay-to-win-side&p=5894860#post5894860] ~PurebloodWorg[/url]
    "Freeps have very little CC at their disposal" -Olagatroll
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080100000e294e/signature.png]Krashlex[/charsig]

It would be easier actually, because of the embers slow.

Even my Signature is trolling!

3 out of 4 CC are induction skills. All debuffs apart from two melee area ones (Venomous Haze and Poisonspray) are also on inductions. 2 out of 4 damage attacks are not induction but not run and gun and makes us "stunned" for 2 seconds. Basicly leaving PA, TK, LP and WtE to use in a tango fight with a meleer, wheres LP and WtE is on a one minute cooldown and are most likely not used again in the fight.

Just saying, its not THAT easy for us when fighting meleers as it is today. Many of our debuffs and CC are essential for our success in a 1vs1 and they are on inductions. I dont blame people if they assume we spiders have everything run&gun and insta cast, but its actually rather because we are often forced into just using thoose skills and repeat them because theres no time for any induction skills in most situations with a meleer.

If there would be an induction on say TK it would be the death of the spider class unless we would get Freepish kind of DPS. I think many raid spiders would love to trade poor DPS and a DoT skill for a really heavy induction attack tho. However me personally, as an ambusher whos often up close, would cry in my burrow

/Silkdawn
    [url=http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=301899]Silkdawn's movie collection[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Mcfoodle View Post
    Cry about it. We creeps are screwed up to the point that 1v1ing as a low-ranked anything is impossible. Who cares about creeps blocking? You have parrying, evading, all of that as a 100% chance.
    1v1ing at a low rank is not impossible at all. Know what you are talking about before you speak. Creeps have parry and evade too...so i dont know whatyou're trying to get at.

Quote Originally Posted by lotrsam View Post
    1v1ing at a low rank is not impossible at all. Know what you are talking about before you speak. Creeps have parry and evade too...so i dont know whatyou're trying to get at.
    Not everyone is a warg...

/Silkdawn
    [url=http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=301899]Silkdawn's movie collection[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Perfectlotus View Post
    Not everyone is a warg...

/Silkdawn
    Lol, not everyone is a keyboard turner. You can 1v1 succesfully at a low rank as a warg, reaver, or weaver.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast