We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Re: Suggestion: Small creep nerf

Quote Originally Posted by lotrsam View Post
    Lol, not everyone is a keyboard turner. You can 1v1 succesfully at a low rank as a warg, reaver, or weaver.
    Depends what you mean as a low ranked weaver tho, but imo rank 0-4 is kinda a death sentence for a 1vs1 weaver.

You can always of course go to the extreme and compare a truly skilled old veteran player against an unskilled opponent, but that would be bad argumentation imo

/Silkdawn
    [url=http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=301899]Silkdawn's movie collection[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by lotrsam View Post
    Lol, not everyone is a keyboard turner. You can 1v1 succesfully at a low rank as a warg, reaver, or weaver.
    yeah u can win at low ranks vs really bad freeps or places where u can run them through np'c but try fighting any freep with even avg skill 1v1 on a sub rank 5 weaver if u have no npc's.

Quote Originally Posted by thenoobler View Post
    As a R11 Warleader I'd accept a nerf to my AOE Rez in return for a buff in some other aspect of my class.

On the whole tho.... nerfs are never good.... why penalize the players when its not them who screwed up?

Turbine screwed up, so let them be punished by actually putting some work and late night shifts at the office coming up with ways to buff freeps or give them actual tangible rewards for pvping in the Moors.
    War leaders need a slow or root. It is the one thing they do not have, but could really use along with a bit of a buff to their melee damage. Giving up the AOE rez is not an easy thing to ask for. Kudos Zir!

Tydalmir
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208010000043945/signature.png]Rancor[/charsig]

Vyxe said, "Cheer up it could be worse out here tonight." So we all cheered up, and wouldn't you know it.... things got worse!

Quote Originally Posted by Perfectlotus View Post
    Depends what you mean as a low ranked weaver tho, but imo rank 0-4 is kinda a death sentence for a 1vs1 weaver.

You can always of course go to the extreme and compare a truly skilled old veteran player against an unskilled opponent, but that would be bad argumentation imo

/Silkdawn
    Some basic problems that I see:

1. There is no light armor class for creeps anymore. Spiders and wargs are level with or above my hunter who is a medium class armor wearer. This must change.

2. Higher levels of creeps equate to much better toons. Yes you earn it, but freeps should grow a bit tougher as they level in moors as well. R0 and R12 is the same if the characters have the same gear. No difference at all. Mits to fire, acid, shadow would be the rewards I would go with, or clickies that remove more than one dot at a time. Nothing over the top, I think with a little tweaking the balance is just about right.

3. Numbers.... not an easy thing to control but there should be a way to increase the npcs or something when the number game is sooo out of whack.

4.CJs have to be reined in, or have the break the defenses chance increased in the moors so as to level the playing field a bit.

5. Class balancing is moot. Classes should be different. It gives flavor to the game, but just like rock, paper, and battle axes there should be a toon that is almost impossible, even and one you should most times win against. As a hunter I can tell you that is not the case out there.

Tydalmir
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208010000043945/signature.png]Rancor[/charsig]

Vyxe said, "Cheer up it could be worse out here tonight." So we all cheered up, and wouldn't you know it.... things got worse!

Quote Originally Posted by Tinluen View Post

1. There is no light armor class for creeps anymore. Spiders and wargs are level with or above my hunter who is a medium class armor wearer. This must change.

2. Higher levels of creeps equate to much better toons. Yes you earn it, but freeps should grow a bit tougher as they level in moors as well. R0 and R12 is the same if the characters have the same gear. No difference at all. Mits to fire, acid, shadow would be the rewards I would go with, or clickies that remove more than one dot at a time. Nothing over the top, I think with a little tweaking the balance is just about right.

3. Numbers.... not an easy thing to control but there should be a way to increase the npcs or something when the number game is sooo out of whack.

4.CJs have to be reined in, or have the break the defenses chance increased in the moors so as to level the playing field a bit.

5. Class balancing is moot. Classes should be different. It gives flavor to the game, but just like rock, paper, and battle axes there should be a toon that is almost impossible, even and one you should most times win against. As a hunter I can tell you that is not the case out there.

Tydalmir
    Youre just using my quote for your own agenda...

/Silkdawn
    [url=http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=301899]Silkdawn's movie collection[/url]

When my spider was r3, it had more armor value than my fully geared champ (with 2/6 DG armor)
    Spider ~4700
    Champ ~4300

And to be completely honest, I don't feel like slotting a shield out there on my champ :P

So +rep for you my friend, there are no creep squishies anymore.

It's far worse than "level or above". My rank 4 warg has 1000 higher armour than my supposed medium armour wearing 65 burg, his armour is fully effective against all types of damage (not just 20% effective like freepside), can block, has *triple* the mitigation for all damage types worth discussing (i.e., not common), and resists seemingly 30% of everything. I say seemingly because after this thread...

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=320848

...every suspicion I've ever had that told me there is much more to the underlying game mechanics than what our stat sheets say has been confirmed. So I guess I'm wildly guessing at 30%, but I doubt I'm, far off based on the number of times (when playing freepside) I see the word "resisted" float off into the sky along with my hopes of winning a fight.

As the pop buff has taught us, this is absolutely impossible to control. You simply can't use the game mechanics to balance local fighting within a broad region, with players all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by aad0italian View Post
    When my spider was r3, it had more armor value than my fully geared champ (with 2/6 DG armor)
    Spider ~4700
    Champ ~4300
    And at the risk of being repetitive, the weaver's armour is effective against all types of damage, whereas your champ's is only 20% effective against non-common damage. Basically, the weavers armour is 5 x 4700 = 23500 compared to your 4300 against 90% of the damage being thrown around in the ettenmoors.

Quote Originally Posted by Perfectlotus View Post

/Silkdawn
    I beat a lvl 60 LM 1v1 with no npcs on my blue r2 spider in MoM so it is possible(and no he wasn't afk) lol.
    [center][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000000abd01/signature.png]Stubi[/charsig]
    [b]BA-[/b][color=green]Ventspy(r6)[/color][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin12 View Post
    I beat a lvl 60 LM 1v1 with no npcs on my blue r2 spider in MoM so it is possible(and no he wasn't afk) lol.
    I beat a 65 burg when I was r0 on my weaver and I'm not that good at 1v1. doesn't show much except that Burg and LM needed learn how to PvP.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4