We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

light armor defences

Well given the fact that minis cant heal in ws, which is fine and dandy, notice the reavers that sit in the back wait til they can get two hits on a light armor class and then boom devestating strike?

Does devestating strike seem easier for them to get now a days or are more creeps just lingering in the back watching for that half health.

I am not upset w/ them having devestating strike but, i was wondering that either light armor needs a boost in a defence , as i seen a rk go down in 2 hits w/ 5k morale.

I dunno maybe a armor defence reduction once ds is popped ? kinda like dying rage? they have to sacrifice something?

If i use ws i risk dying due to no heals.

Should be the same? if anyone else sees that reavers are boom boom light armor dead lately.

I dont care about dying obviously but seeing more reavers waiting for a half healthed freep and then charging in one hit.
    alzie rank 15 mini
    "less talky, more killy"
    "kill fast , run faster!"
    The Apocalypse Kinship Elendilmir
    Antisocialnetworking brandywine

Teddibara beorning Brandywine
    alzeria rank 15 mini renamed Brandywine

Re: light armor defences

DS already costs 389 power, can be missed and evaded, has a fairly long animation, a 30s cooldown (traited), and only hits ~1.5k on average (I'm slotted 3 dps too). Reavers shouldn't need to sacrifice anything else to use it. Ravage could use a little nerf, maybe increase the power cost or the cooldown. DS is fine as is...
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030100000db067/signature.png]Krillinun[/charsig]
    Crusada Reaver R10*Hawkfood LM R10*Grandhustla Blackarrow R8*Belarnun Weaver R7*

Quote Originally Posted by Zalexia View Post
    Well given the fact that minis cant heal in ws, which is fine and dandy, notice the reavers that sit in the back wait til they can get two hits on a light armor class and then boom devestating strike?

Does devestating strike seem easier for them to get now a days or are more creeps just lingering in the back watching for that half health.

I am not upset w/ them having devestating strike but, i was wondering that either light armor needs a boost in a defence , as i seen a rk go down in 2 hits w/ 5k morale.

I dunno maybe a armor defence reduction once ds is popped ? kinda like dying rage? they have to sacrifice something?

If i use ws i risk dying due to no heals.

Should be the same? if anyone else sees that reavers are boom boom light armor dead lately.

I dont care about dying obviously but seeing more reavers waiting for a half healthed freep and then charging in one hit.
    light armor doesnt need a buff, DS doesnt need a nerf. light armored dropped in 2-4 hits, multitude of creeps that are 1-2 shotted. its all situational.

if a reaver is sitting in the back waiting to use charge and DS then he's not in the fight doing continuous DPS, and thats a sacrifice in the life of the fight.

not necissarily a buff, but build. i watched several rks today just seem to get torn up by reavers.

I am not saying we need a buff but a defence. Looking for a trait build i can work on.
    alzie rank 15 mini
    "less talky, more killy"

Quote Originally Posted by Zalexia View Post
    not necissarily a buff, but build. i watched several rks today just seem to get torn up by reavers.

I am not saying we need a buff but a defence. Looking for a trait build i can work on.
    You can trait medium armor, as a minstrel.
    [center]Healzandkillz- Rank 6 Defiler- Creep - Bad Guys [/center]
    [center]Todes - Rank 10 Minstrel - Deleted[/center]

[QUOTE=Zalexia;4598382]

QUOTE]

Considering the highest crit on a freep iv ever had was something around 1700 im not to sure how that reaver hit for 2.5K with 2 skills

Yes you have no heals while in war speach but thats your choice - you can either Heal or do a **** load of burst dps (Plus you can still get very very small heals, but that can go a long way in some situations). Drop War speach and start healing more often

DS doesnt need a Nerf - Ravage is the powerful reaver skill and im sure thats taking you down more often than DS
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b01000006e8f3/signature.png]Kerishnak[/charsig]
    ~Kerishnak Rank 9 Reaver!~~ ~~Vajyno Rank 5 Defiler~~ ~~Namrod Rank 8 Loremaster of Eru~~ ~~Feynor Rank 6 warden oh and a rank 4 ezmode warg

When I go out on my LM I get DS'd for around ~1400.

When I go out on my Capt I get DS'd for around ~1300.

It's NOT that big of a difference. As a minstrel you have the option of wearing medium armor and there are some pretty viable builds with doing so. As for the RK getting 2-shotted from 5k morale, I don't believe it. Means the reaver would of had to hit the RK for 2.5k with something other than DS to begin with.
    [B][SIZE=1][COLOR=#999999][SIZE=1]Revelations Kin of Firefoot[/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=#3366ff]
    R9 Captain | R9 Champ | R9 LM[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#800000]R9 Reaver | R8 Warg[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

never said nerf ds, just looking for a way to boost light armor defence , i dont die in 3 hits but i see many light armor that do. my morale is well over 5k and tact and icpr still high and power, yet w/ that said, medium armor though i have not found to out do the stats of light armor for a minstrel.
    alzie rank 15 mini
    "less talky, more killy"

Can always trait for improved tale of warding and slot medium armour, -inc melee jewellery, -inc melee traits, and make sure you have ballad of flame up at all times. Get a LI with -TS cooldown and -flop cooldown, you'll have 3x good survival skills on a 10 min cooldown. I </3 reavers sunder armour, that value is a bit too high IMO. Having two instant skills to get quick ravages off doesn't help either.
    *according to turbine I haz no chars* :(

Oregon, lying in the grass with my Laptop!

Well the jump from 60-65 pretty much resulted in a mitigation loss for all light armour classes (actually for most freeps) as we went from a teal set to a purple set that barely had more armour. While our mit ratings are being divided by 65 instead of 60.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua][I][COLOR=RoyalBlue]Lorebreaker, Hero of Legend r15 Elf RK[/COLOR][INDENT][COLOR=Silver]/Smiter of Foes, [COLOR=Yellow]Vanyar[/COLOR][/COLOR][/INDENT]
    [COLOR=Silver][INDENT]Foe of Morgoth Belegurth, [COLOR=Yellow]Crosser of Roads[/COLOR][/INDENT]
    [INDENT]Mender of Afflictions, [COLOR=Yellow]Expositor of Words[/COLOR][/INDENT]
    [INDENT]Pet Rock Owner, [COLOR=Yellow]Quendi of Cuiviénen[/COLOR][/INDENT]
    [INDENT]Exile [COLOR=Yellow]11/15/08[/COLOR][/INDENT]
    [/COLOR][/I][/FONT]

Please remember that rune keepers are meant to be "glass-cannons". This means that they _should_ die easily. If they do, its working as designed.

Yet, I have seen rune keepers survive reaver attacks often; slowing, kiting, healing self while charge runs is the key. Of course, if there are several reavers or other creeps attacking, the rune keeper will be doomed. Nothing wrong with this.

Minstrel in problems? Bubble. Feign death. Heal instead of DPS. Fear and run. Get yourself support. Stay DPSing and die. Nothing wrong with this.

I have done some computation and comparison of light armor against heavy armor classes some time ago, and the general result was that the light armor class are much better protected than they should be. The example DreagonMK stated is what I found, too: armor is subject to diminishing returns, and the values of light armor are not that much less than those you can get with heavy armor. I have to do the comparison after the MoM changes again, but from what I see in the moors, I think I will find again that survivability is much more a question of skills than a question of armor classes. After all, I think that heavy armor classes need a boost here, not light armor classes.
    Last edited by DorianFalkenmond; Apr 26 2010 at 11:52 AM.

IMO whats saddest is that the mitigation difference for non-common damage types between light armor classes and heavy armor classes is about 1-1.5%

Guards get hit just as hard as Runekeepers.
    Stalker's Bane | Blackarrow-slayer | Reaver-slayer | War-leader's Enemy | Weaver's Enemy | Defiler's Enemy

yeah the reavers armor debuff is too high (and i have a reaver). My LM's armor debuff gets resisted easily 30% of the time. My armor debuff on my reaver - maaaaaaaybe 10% of the time on a bad day.
    [B][COLOR=cyan][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/06205000000039d09/signature.png]Viloxus[/charsig]
    8-time Grand Champion Guinness Drinker[/COLOR][/B]
    [SIZE=2][B][COLOR=silver]June 2008 model in "Failmasters of 2008" Calendar[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][SIZE=2]
    [B][COLOR=green]Making the world a better place one less pair of pants at a time :p [/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]

could alway run with extra DP morale, vit food, defense scrolls and cappy parry buff for more survivability.
    GRUSM - REAVER, DUSKPAW - WARG, STIXM - WEAVER, GRUZGASH - BA

Quote Originally Posted by Viloxus View Post
    yeah the reavers armor debuff is too high (and i have a reaver). My LM's armor debuff gets resisted easily 30% of the time. My armor debuff on my reaver - maaaaaaaybe 10% of the time on a bad day.
    Sunder gets bpe'd more than ancient craft gets resisted. Sunder only has a 10s cooldown though, so you can try again very soon (which is why it "seems" to get avoided less than ancient craft gets resisted). I wouldn't really care if sunder got lowered a little bit, or just increase the power cost or cooldown though.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030100000db067/signature.png]Krillinun[/charsig]
    Crusada Reaver R10*Hawkfood LM R10*Grandhustla Blackarrow R8*Belarnun Weaver R7*

I wouldn't mind seeing reavers get some kind of combat state similar to a burg's crit chain, or a champ's pip. That way reavers can't be a one shot wonder charging in to one shot someone, but would have to build up towards their single highest damage skill.

Of course, that means if this would be implemented, DS would have to have it's CD lowered, maybe by 10s or 15s.
    Third Marshal Rubicon Guardian ~ Third Marshal Raae Minstrel
    Commander Danceswithwargs Reaver ~ Taskmaster Whiskeytangofoxtrot Spider
    Commander Verkaufsschlacker Lore-master ~ Lieutenant Rivaalan Hunter
    ~ No Mercy ~

Medium crafted armour with some measure of Crit Defense on it would be good.

Light armour is right where it should be though. Glass classes can stack a little bit of crit defense with t9 runes, but are rightfully vulnerable to burst damage.
    [font=Palatino Linotype][color=#66CCFF]Graf[/color][color=#FFD52A] | [/color][color=#FF3300]Musta[/color][/font]