We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Warg Conjunction Problem

Just curious - does anybody know if Turbine will be doing anything with the Warg conjunction problem this patch? Or is it to remain a permanent feature?
    *Elendilmir* Hahn 65 Minstrel R6 Pie-Runner; Gahras 43 Loremaster; Vainn 6 RK
    Creeps: Wog - Meatlocker - Avitas - SpinDocter - Spooky - Ratmeat

"Eärendil was a mariner that tarried in Arvernien..." JRR Tolkien

Re: Warg Conjunction Problem

Hopefully it'll remain permanent. Those poor wargs have a tough time as it is.

Honestly my biggest problem with wargs is their slow length.... My big slow has a 1sec induction and only lasts 8 secs.... They have a instant slow for 30 secs IMO it needs lowered to 10 or at least 15 secs
    [b][color=green]Zekorr hnt-r9 (brandy)[/color] ~ [color=blue]Backstabzz burg-r8[/color] ~ [color=blue]Cashout grd-r7[/color]~ [color=blue]Arkorz warg-r7[/color] ~ [color=blue]Zekor ba-r6[/color] ~[color=blue]Bashr rvr-r7[/color]

-Gladden[/b]

In all honesty, I've grown used to it all now. You adjust, learn to play within the system they give you. I just had to learn to live with the idea that I can't solo anything over rank 5 unless he's a BA anymore. Fine with me, just pick your spots better. On the upside, the facemelters have finally been given enough easymode that they can truly believe they're better players.

Patch notes for the update are here. Has anyone done a solid test on crip+pounce wb's or is it just because more players are ranking wargs at the moment?

And if so post the link I would like to see some solid numbers but at the least they should just make the same % chance as the Burg Skill Expose Throat(The crit chain skill, sorry been awhile sense I've played my burg so dont exactly remember the name of the skill if I got it wrong.)

But a better fix IMO would be if they can on creeps and freeps they dont grey out your bar any applies a stun that can be potted out of and I think that would be a fix bothsides could learn to live with better.
    Wrok BA of Windfola

Quote Originally Posted by sjmartin19 View Post
    Honestly my biggest problem with wargs is their slow length.... My big slow has a 1sec induction and only lasts 8 secs.... They have a instant slow for 30 secs IMO it needs lowered to 10 or at least 15 secs
    Burg slow lasts just as long, gives a Miss Chance, has the potential to be AOE, and has a shorter cooldown than the Warg slow.

Champion Slow can be just as long as the Warg slow, has a larger range, and less than half the cooldown.

Your slow has a 40m range compared to the Warg's 2.5m range.

Quote Originally Posted by RodhinKinning View Post
    Has anyone done a solid test on crip+pounce wb's or is it just because more players are ranking wargs at the moment?
    I havent played my warg in about 3 months, so i dont personaly know the changes. My tribe leader plays warg only and ran some tests (pvp and pve) he was saying the CB+Pounce procs a WB average 20% of the time, unless they have the crit responce (blood frenzie i think) then it will proc 50% of the time.

Some said that wargs can do this every 10 seconds. Did they change the cd of CB and Pounce? or is it due to high influx of wargs?

Quote Originally Posted by Korvek View Post
    Burg slow lasts just as long, gives a Miss Chance, has the potential to be AOE, and has a shorter cooldown than the Warg slow.

Champion Slow can be just as long as the Warg slow, has a larger range, and less than half the cooldown.

Both can be potted warg's cannot!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/062050100000e0b00/signature.png]Flystalker[/charsig]
    Immortale - R8 Reaver formerly known as Devastare!
    Flyrod - A R8 Punjab Killing Hunter from APATHY!
    Littlefly - A R6 Punjab Killing Burg from APATHY!

Quote Originally Posted by Morihei View Post
    I havent played my warg in about 3 months, so i dont personaly know the changes. My tribe leader plays warg only and ran some tests (pvp and pve) he was saying the CB+Pounce procs a WB average 20% of the time, unless they have the crit responce (blood frenzie i think) then it will proc 50% of the time.

Some said that wargs can do this every 10 seconds. Did they change the cd of CB and Pounce? or is it due to high influx of wargs?
    CB and Pounce are on a 10s cd. Frenzy is on a 1m30s cd 30s duration so if your friend is correct then a warg has a 50% chance for 30s to pull off a CB+pounce WB.
    Wrok BA of Windfola

Quote Originally Posted by wildfly200 View Post
    In my experience DitE miss chance can be potted, have not been able to remove the slow and the champ slow is not pottable. Only pottable slow I've seen is the hunter slow.
    If the DitE slow is pottable the miss chance is removed first then the pots are on a 30 sec cd

wargs are EZmode

that is all, watch your heads wargs.... incoming nerf
    [CENTER][FONT=Garamond][B][COLOR=#424242]« [COLOR=#FF0000]S[/COLOR]eyz [COLOR=#FF0000]V[/COLOR]anguard - R14 »[/COLOR][/B][/FONT]

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042040000000a4551/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Odin_of_Freyr View Post
    blah blah blah another hun**** upset that hunter week is over
    having CB+P set to 10sec is to much. what was wrong with the way it was before? why did they think it was a good idea to lower the cd?

I agree. when are they going to change this?

Wargs are a stealth class - The range is irrelevent

plus they are 10% faster then freeps anyway

Wargs and Burgs and LM's ahve the best slows in the game IMO
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b01000006e8f3/signature.png]Kerishnak[/charsig]
    ~Kerishnak Rank 9 Reaver!~~ ~~Vajyno Rank 5 Defiler~~ ~~Namrod Rank 8 Loremaster of Eru~~ ~~Feynor Rank 6 warden oh and a rank 4 ezmode warg

But their slow unlocks a bleed and gives them a chance to CJ
    [b][color=green]Zekorr hnt-r9 (brandy)[/color] ~ [color=blue]Backstabzz burg-r8[/color] ~ [color=blue]Cashout grd-r7[/color]~ [color=blue]Arkorz warg-r7[/color] ~ [color=blue]Zekor ba-r6[/color] ~[color=blue]Bashr rvr-r7[/color]

-Gladden[/b]

Quote Originally Posted by wildfly200 View Post
    niether can be potted, and LMs can place a 30 second 30% incurable snare on you and it can crit for 1k+. It can also put a 40 second DoT on you (this one can be potted). Now which is worse, warg slow or lm slow?
    "You cannot troll a Master Troll...I see thru all troll posts"[url=http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?436289-Stop-saying-creep-side-is-the-only-pay-to-win-side&p=5894860#post5894860] ~PurebloodWorg[/url]
    "Freeps have very little CC at their disposal" -Olagatroll
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080100000e294e/signature.png]Krashlex[/charsig]

Are you joking, lol? Burgs have a 30s snare on a 4.8s cooldown, and it can be traited to be a 3 target AoE. LMs have burning embers (30s snare, -30% speed). Wargs are not hunters. Hunters are not wargs. Nerf warg cjs, not cripple.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030100000db067/signature.png]Krillinun[/charsig]
    Crusada Reaver R10*Hawkfood LM R10*Grandhustla Blackarrow R8*Belarnun Weaver R7*

Quote Originally Posted by babaju2 View Post
    Are you joking, lol? Burgs have a 30s snare on a 4.8s cooldown, and it can be traited to be a 3 target AoE. LMs have burning embers (30s snare, -30% speed). Wargs are not hunters. Hunters are not wargs. Nerf warg cjs, not cripple.
    but those slows don't give u a chance to CJ and I seem to hear u saying all ur skills are resisted constantly just like my qs.....

-Gladden[/b]

Quote Originally Posted by Xcellsior View Post
    niether can be potted, and LMs can place a 30 second 30% incurable snare on you and it can crit for 1k+. It can also put a 40 second DoT on you (this one can be potted). Now which is worse, warg slow or lm slow?
    Burning embers dot only lasts up to 35s now (with a maxed legacy) and it ticks once every 5 seconds (you almost don't notice it unless you're a warg so you can't restealth). BE usually only hits for under 300 anyway. Maybe you can get one rare crit for 1k+ when slotted all dps, but LM crit chance does blow. Cripple and burning embers are both fine. LMs are a cc class, yet their only truly effective cc skills are tar and embers. Everything else is potted. I like to trait AM to mez people to make them burn their pots though.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030100000db067/signature.png]Krillinun[/charsig]
    Crusada Reaver R10*Hawkfood LM R10*Grandhustla Blackarrow R8*Belarnun Weaver R7*

but those slows don't give u a chance to CJ and I seem to hear u saying all ur skills are resisted constantly just like my qs.....
    I just said to nerf warg cjs, not snares. If cripple were nerfed, creeps would have no snares that lasted more than 15 seconds. No thank you.

I agree, their CJ's are pretty bad. My rank 4 warg 2v1'd a hunter and a minnie and succesfully killed both of them. The minnie even popped FH but it didn't matter because I simply HIPS'd and came back after it went off. There was also a point in the fight where they both were CJ'd at the same time thanks to a CB+Pounce and shred.

In 5s, the CJ time, I was able to dish out 2k thanks to my nice dots, and freep weak morale pools and nub mitigations.

I am also planning on actually attempting a faceroll on a freep (probably a hunter) so I can celebrate by stroking my epeen.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000000fc72e/01008/signature.png]Garny[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by DaviLOTR View Post
    I agree, their CJ's are pretty bad. My rank 4 warg 2v1'd a hunter and a minnie and succesfully killed both of them. The minnie even popped FH but it didn't matter because I simply HIPS'd and came back after it went off. There was also a point in the fight where they both were CJ'd at the same time thanks to a CB+Pounce and shred.

In 5s, the CJ time, I was able to dish out 2k thanks to my nice dots, and freep weak morale pools and nub mitigations.

I am also planning on actually attempting a faceroll on a freep (probably a hunter) so I can celebrate by stroking my epeen.
    Warg are bad, but those freeps must be even worse if you're telling the truth.

Wargs are also have great stealth and 18 escape skills per hour. Apples, oranges, rabble, rabble...
    Jeffaman-Guarding Hobbit Jeffro-Burgling Hobbit Tinulaurien-Elf Lore Master Cephus-Champion of Men Lilnooblet-Hunting Hobbit Jeffrandir-Snooty Elf Rune-keeper- All of Brandywine
    Long live the halflings! Praise them with great praise!
    RIP Nidor - Brandywine's bravest warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffor View Post
    Wargs are also have great stealth and 18 escape skills per hour. Apples, oranges, rabble, rabble...
    Both of which they can be killed through.

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherGab View Post
    Both of which they can be killed through.
    Thankfully.
    Jeffaman-Guarding Hobbit Jeffro-Burgling Hobbit Tinulaurien-Elf Lore Master Cephus-Champion of Men Lilnooblet-Hunting Hobbit Jeffrandir-Snooty Elf Rune-keeper- All of Brandywine
    Long live the halflings! Praise them with great praise!
    RIP Nidor - Brandywine's bravest warrior

Wargs do too much damage, unpottable bleed, etc. given their current skill set. Either give some of their skills CDs (2-5 secs) to slow down the spammability or just lower the output and make cripple+pounce a stun.
    [B][COLOR=cyan][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/06205000000039d09/signature.png]Viloxus[/charsig]
    8-time Grand Champion Guinness Drinker[/COLOR][/B]
    [SIZE=2][B][COLOR=silver]June 2008 model in "Failmasters of 2008" Calendar[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][SIZE=2]
    [B][COLOR=green]Making the world a better place one less pair of pants at a time :p [/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast