We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Why don't Captains care about Strength of Will

I didnt realize it was on a 2 minute timer, I just figured it gave 20% for a couple seconds, this is good to know.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420800000014b10a/signature.png]Ranadin[/charsig]

Ranadin + Happyfish = Ranafish

2. Re: Why don't Captains care about Strength of Will

Quote Originally Posted by Happyfish View Post
    I didnt realize it was on a 2 minute timer, I just figured it gave 20% for a couple seconds, this is good to know.
    Correction:

Two minute duration on a one minute timer, which means any captain worth his or her salt will keep it up continuously.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000033326e/01008/signature.png]doronor[/charsig]

3. Re: Why don't Captains care about Strength of Will

Quote Originally Posted by rawlingsst7 View Post
    Yeah, this. The tooltips for SoW & To Arms don't do a sufficient job of describing the magnitude & duration of the buffs. But To Arms at least has a deed to get people in the habit of spamming it; SoW doesn't.
    I think this is one of the costs of new players using banner rather than herald: many of them don't learn some of their basic skills until well after they reach level cap. The number of captains that I see who don't even use SoW and To arms on a regular basis is, well, scary. There are an awful lot of captains who think that they are just champions with some buffs.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000033326e/01008/signature.png]doronor[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by seyahat View Post
    Correction:

Two minute duration on a one minute timer, which means any captain worth his or her salt will keep it up continuously.
    All this time I thought I was being super skilled trying to pop the skill at just the right moment. Well I guess when I run my captain in SG tonight the healer will be WTH, why is my job so much easier?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420800000014b10a/signature.png]Ranadin[/charsig]

Ranadin + Happyfish = Ranafish

Correction:

Correction of correction: ( :P )

Two minute duration on a 1m 30s cooldown.

Sorry, I had to
    [B][SIZE=1][COLOR=#999999][SIZE=1]Revelations Kin of Firefoot[/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=#3366ff]
    R9 Captain | R9 Champ | R9 LM[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#800000]R9 Reaver | R8 Warg[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

The easy answer is most people w/o a macro keyboard don't want to swap items in for short duration effects. I have been looking for an emblem with SoW and focus and I finally have it so I am using a macro for SoW but before that I didn't. BTW, SoW is 2m duration with 1m30s CD.

I think the reason people don't have it on their 'main' emblem is that a lvl 65 3rd age with Vocal healing, RC CD, RC healing and Muster Courage CD takes 669/670 points to max all 4 legacies (plus healing) at T6. I mean I guess you could have separate ones for RC/MC CD but then you lose the benefit of vocal healing and I am not swapping anything every 20s anyway. So unless you want to sacrifice one of those (and I don't even have melee healing) then you are kind of out of luck.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a000000003fef/signature.png]Jungo[/charsig]
    Herkamur - 65 Dwarf Guardian Roadblock, Gabby - 65 Man Captain Buffmaster,
    Gugwyn - 65 Man Champion, Fandarian - 62 Elf Hunter, Eoshan - 60 Man Burglar,
    Kolgash - R5 Warleader

7. Re: Why don't Captains care about Strength of Will

Quote Originally Posted by DreagonMK View Post
    Correction of correction: ( :P )

Two minute duration on a 1m 30s cooldown.

Sorry, I had to
    +1 rep for you.

Facts are, in general, a good thing to have.

Quote Originally Posted by AceItcher View Post
    The easy answer is most people w/o a macro keyboard don't want to swap items in for short duration effects. I have been looking for an emblem with SoW and focus and I finally have it so I am using a macro for SoW but before that I didn't. BTW, SoW is 2m duration with 1m30s CD.
    It's not even that hard without a macro, folks just need to get into the habit. I have both emblems hotbarred next to SoW, it's three clicks in about as many seconds every 90.

It's not like Captains have a million skills they could be firing at any given moment - what else is there do do, DefStrike/Inspire spam?
    Nemesis - Brandywine
    Jenith 100 Hunter || Gavigan 78 Guardian || Kazamir 76 Captain
    Gjorn 65 Champion || Anavel 65 Burglar || Thissis 100 Warden || Mezimus 70 Loremaster

Quote Originally Posted by featherlight111 View Post
    I have it on a separate emblem along with Power Regen buff: And just swap it in when I'm using it.
    Yeah it's a must have on a buffing emblem, but there are way too many important legacies to have it on my main emblem.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/01203010000025086/signature.png]Haji[/charsig]
    Tuin lvl 75 Captain

We require our captains to have the SoW legacy maxed.

My captain mostly just alt-raids, but he does have it on his main emblem. Vocal healing, melee healing, and SoW all maxed, RC Cooldown at rank 7 or rank 8, and IDOME duration (bleh). No RC Healing, but I'll survive. I hit my soldier with a RC for 1219 the other day, and I don't have incoming healing on him. Total anomaly, but was still fun.

Quote Originally Posted by rawlingsst7 View Post
    It's not even that hard without a macro, folks just need to get into the habit. I have both emblems hotbarred next to SoW, it's three clicks in about as many seconds every 90.

It's not like Captains have a million skills they could be firing at any given moment - what else is there do do, DefStrike/Inspire spam?
    yeah it really isn't. if you're a keyboard clicker, just park your mouse next to a toolbar with swappage stuff on it. if you're too lazy, create a shortcut for it.

if you're a mouse clicker, well, you are probably more skilled clicking stuff with your mouse, so it shouldn't be much trouble

I would say the only negative consequence it has for me is that I have a really big monitor and I'm a keyboard guy...so I often lose track of my mouse on the screen, taking my focus away for a second and making it harder to lead raids...but then I think a captain is harder to lead raids on anyway so that's most of the problem
    Kraken, Thesungodra

Or you could have a touch screen and smash the monitor with your face when you need to switch, buff, switch back with one foul headbutt.
    [center][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000000bbae9/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    What I type here, is only so I don't get banned. What I really think goes [url=www.aoeworth.blogspot.com]here[/url].
    [/center]

I think that captains that DON'T use Strength of Will are nubs. It's the most valuable skill that's available in a HoH build - simply because it increases incoming healing. It's almost imperative to have it if you have a champ in the group, as it negates the fervour penalty if the SoW legacy is maxed out.

You'll find more captains now that don't use it simply because many people are leveling captains in the post-SoA/post-XP-per-level-nerf, and are not accustomed to group healing...because they never had to group as much. You see more captains trying to do group content with solo traits slotted now than before SoM. It's a shame, too - the captain is the main class you have to "Learn2Play" in order to avoid becoming a liability. Too much utility to waste in the hands of a clueless player.
    [COLOR=Red]Khalfani - 100 Loremaster R7[/COLOR] / [COLOR=DarkGreen]Keon - 85 Captain R4[/COLOR] / [COLOR=Sienna]Khalvin - 76 Hunter R6[/COLOR] / [COLOR=Purple]Khalonidas - 75 Warden R4[/COLOR] / [COLOR=SeaGreen]Kayo - 100 Burg R6[/COLOR] / [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Khallision - 75 Guardian R3[/COLOR] / [COLOR=Indigo][COLOR=Plum]Khalosi - 100 RK Rank 7[/COLOR] [/COLOR]/ Khallous - 100 Champ[COLOR=YellowGreen]/ Khalamine - 61 Minstrel/ [/COLOR][COLOR=#ff8c00]Khodiak - 100 Beorning[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by erikthe10man View Post
    You'll find more captains now that don't use it simply because many people are leveling captains in the post-SoA/post-XP-per-level-nerf, and are not accustomed to group healing...because they never had to group as much. You see more captains trying to do group content with solo traits slotted now than before SoM. It's a shame, too - the captain is the main class you have to "Learn2Play" in order to avoid becoming a liability. Too much utility to waste in the hands of a clueless player.
    Oh yes, because us Rift vets are all clueless.

I personally am tired of the LI lottery...I can't "win" at it, and if I can't win at LI's then I'm not allowed to do the content (as documented above, I'd be left behind).

Hell, up until yesterday I'd never won ANY of the Turbine lotteries...and then I won some tokens. Woo hoo. Meanwhile others have won over, and over and...

I'm not obsessing over LI's anymore...but just because the LI lottery has been unkind to me is not a reason to insult my skill or experience in the game.

Learn to diplomat, nub.
    [CENTER]

[/CENTER]

Count me among the non-swappers... I tried but I found that swapping that often broke my rhythm, safe with a to arms weapon.... I prefer to have both of these on my main grouping items.
    i second that emotion.
    "I am always serious; I am never serious." -Me
    "I make the most outrageous and exaggerated statements of any man to ever live, has ever lived, or that will ever live." -Me

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2