We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Twins in BG

Twins in BG

Hello fellow captains! I don't know how many of you have been raiding BG yet...but I was wondering what your normal captain strategies during the twins fight are. I just did an easy mode and it felt like I was more or less sitting around looking pretty while trying to heal as I was not wanted to be in melee range of either boss. I was wondering what other captains tend to do during this fight. I feel like while Oath Breakers and To Arms and heals are nice, there might not be a reason for 2 captains over one except for banner bonus/IDOME.

Just wondering what others do so I can improve my captaining during the fight.

Re: Twins in BG

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=295322 yay I finally get to post my thread

yes it's a lot of healing, your role can depend on your raid leader as well. After your raid is comfortable, you'll start sending melee in to help make it go quicker.

gl
    Kraken, Thesungodra

Awesome! I actually remember reading this post a while back, but I quickly searched for some such thread and could not find one. It seems like I basically had the right idea for that fight.

A couple of follow up questions (I've only done this fight one time on easy mode): Do you take damage going into the fire guy's aura? It seems like you are running in and out a lot, which I started doing at the end of the fight but easily could have been doing it the entire time. Also it looks like you are going with HoH, IDOME, and OB, I was wondering if I shouldn't have HoH because I feel like my raid doesn't really want me in melee with the fire guy (but I guess that would change depending on how the fire aura really works)

Also for this fight would it be better to do shield and sword for the extra ICPR? (I get an extra 100)

We got all the way up to the LT and it's a really fun raid actually. I enjoyed it on my cappy: I just feel like I was told to sit back and heal/buff and wanted to make sure that this was more or less right for the fight (which it seems like I could actually be doing a lot more if I can run into his aura)...although I'm sure by the next level cap raise we'll be off-tanking one of those guys

Quote Originally Posted by Ordenus View Post
    Do you take damage going into the fire guy's aura? It seems like you are running in and out a lot, which I started doing at the end of the fight but easily could have been doing it the entire time.
    Yeah you do. So don't run in and out needlessly

Also it looks like you are going with HoH, IDOME, and OB, I was wondering if I shouldn't have HoH because I feel like my raid doesn't really want me in melee with the fire guy (but I guess that would change depending on how the fire aura really works)
    If they don't want you in melee you can at least run in and VS. It really won't hurt. Besides, the HoT will take care of any damage you take.

Also for this fight would it be better to do shield and sword for the extra ICPR? (I get an extra 100)

We got all the way up to the LT and it's a really fun raid actually. I enjoyed it on my cappy: I just feel like I was told to sit back and heal/buff and wanted to make sure that this was more or less right for the fight (which it seems like I could actually be doing a lot more if I can run into his aura)...although I'm sure by the next level cap raise we'll be off-tanking one of those guys
    yeah in terms of actual gameplay, the boss fights are pretty good. healing is a pretty big part though. if your healers get behind, you are screwed pretty much. if they do, the only way they're going to get back is with extra heals from other classes or lucky crits.
    Kraken, Thesungodra