We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Standards Issues

Hey guys,

Posted this on the bug reports and haven't recieved any feedback.

Posting to see if i am just missing something in the option(which i doubt) or if my cappy just bugged when i created him.

Ever since i have had the ability to summon and use banners, i have never been able to click on my own banners, dismiss, see a floating name over it or rename them.

Let me know if i am just missing an option or if anyone else is expierencing this issue.

thanks

Re: Standards Issues

There is an option in the UI settings about which items you see the name above when you turn floaty names on, make sure you have banners/pets selected and you should be able to see the name or rename your banner ect.
    [URL="http://catalyst.guildlaunch.com"][/URL][SIZE=1] [/SIZE][SIZE=1]Votan | Xeyila | Grisburnakh
    Retired - Thanks for the fun and the fights[/SIZE]

The way I rename my captain's banner, is to click on the banner title (example- Banner of Victory). This causes a silver-bordered text box to display over the banner. Right-clicking on the text box brings up an option to open pet menu. Opening the menu gives the options to either rename or dismiss.

Once you drop the banner you can type /pet rename xxxxx

For me to get the banner name to show, I had to go to Options > UI Settings, and enable My Character's Name. But I don't like seeing my own character's name so I leave it off. If I feel like renaming my banner something silly I'll check to make sure it worked.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000181e2f/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    "Now I myself prefer battles of trickery to those of the blade when dealing with fellows thrice my height and one-tenth my wit..." -Lithuifin, Healer of The Eavespires

Yeah even when i turn my character's name option on i can see my banner's name but i still cant physically select it, which is weird.

Ill keep looking through the options.

thanks for the help guys

I dont really care about the name or seeing the name i would just like to be able to select it. I guess it isnt too much of an issue just kind of annoying sometimes

umm F10 should be it unless it changed recently. but yea as far as the seeing the name thing goes, it hasn't been like that for a while...I don't even remember if you ever could, never noticed that much
    Kraken, Thesungodra

It is silly that you can't click-select the actual banner...to target it, you need to click the banner's name. Not sure what the short-cut is for selecting your ally, but that might work.

Once targeted, right-click for a menu.

On the other hand, I *do* seem to be able to target it with the name off when it ends up sticking out of the mob I need to loot or target. *mutters as she turns around and replants the darned thing*
    [CENTER]

[/CENTER]

For some reason whenever I try any of these methods it tells me banner name is invalid. Even naming it "Banner" is invalid.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegbornadan View Post
    For some reason whenever I try any of these methods it tells me banner name is invalid. Even naming it "Banner" is invalid.
    what other names are you trying?
    Kraken, Thesungodra