We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 15 of 49 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 ... LastLast

Re: Good 1 vs 1 thread

Quote Originally Posted by Eriaden View Post
    I strongly recommend you to avoid typing a wall-of-text, nobody reads that..
    ^This

Quote Originally Posted by Sisakofa View Post
    Wait...you said "If I find them solo they always burrow when they get low on health and wait for their group to show up and save them from a solo hunter." But that's my point, I'm not solo or alone 99.9% of the time. And I don't ever see you by yourself, there is always a large number of freeps whether you are grouped up with them or solo...it amounts to the same thing. I only burrow when I am outnumbered. Otherwise I stand and fight. So you are incorrect. Just as I stood and fought Frogamere (sp?) about a month ago when he and I accidently came upon each other while I was on my way to rondez vous (sp?) with my tribies. I hesitated because I expected a whole group of freeps to hit me. But was just him and myself. It was a good fight behind OC next to the trolls. And i DIDN'T burrow fighting him. So troll someone else's tribe. I don't make disparagements against you because you use stealth to your advantage, its a skill given to you. Burrow was given to spiders and they can use it to their advantage if they want.

Btw (and on-topic) Frog...Thank you. You were awesome and it was very close.
    I am sorry to see you didn't take his advice
    Wall of text wounds you with 6,872 points of Do I Really Care Enough To Read All This Damage.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/06205000000128626/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Sylmerilion View Post
    ^This

I am sorry to see you didn't take his advice
    Wall of text wounds you with 6,872 points of Do I Really Care Enough To Read All This Damage.
    Good thing you have lots of Morale!!!!

Well I don't know about anyone else but I am going to pop a long burrow to hide from where this thread has gone and not come up until I have an actual good 1v1 to report.
    Last edited by Eulogia; Feb 15 2011 at 08:49 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0620500000019e945/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by bambam21 View Post
    That's odd that you never see him solo because Callo is probably solo more than any other hunter on this server. And when I mean solo I don't mean following around a raid out of group.

There is also a difference from using your skills to help you in a fight and using your skills to run away and hide or help your raid get to you before you die.
    Odd or not, it's the truth. Of course I really only get to play a couple hours a night and its always with my tribe, so not really so odd. But doesn't matter really. We kill, we get killed.

And there is no difference in how you use a skill. Using a skill is using a skill. You push the button and it goes off. The difference is the opinion of those who see the use of the skill and what they think. But as I said, I don't run from 1 freep.

In the end, I am a minion of Sauron. I will kill if I'm able. And I will not give freeps anything easily. You have in the past and will continue to have to take it from me. If I have to use burrow while a whole raid sits over me so that other creeps get away or just to make you wait longer for the kill, then that is what I will do even when there's no hope of rescue for me. I will not make it easy for anyone, period.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/06205010000069b14/signature.png]Venomweaver[/charsig]

I had a few good 1v1s with those wargs that pounce, run when stun wears off and use disappear/sprint just in case I catch up!
    Oh. And there's been ones where it was 1v1+OC NPCs. Those were special to me.
    Good job.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/06205000000162544/01008/signature.png]Moosenstein[/charsig]
    Krashnakk- R8 RVR ~ Awkward- R7 WRG ~ Pineapples- R6 WL
    Moosenstein- R5 CPT

And there is no difference in how you use a skill. Using a skill is using a skill. You push the button and it goes off. The difference is the opinion of those who see the use of the skill and what they think. But as I said, I don't run from 1 freep.
    This is incorrect. I will give you an example: A reaver has a skill called "dying rage". You can use it when you get low on health to try to get a kill or you can use it to try to get out of range so the freeps gets no renown. Are you trying to tell me there is no difference in those two ways to use that skill? Lots of skills are like that.

You can burrow to wait out a champion's sprint or you can use it to call for help. Do you not see the difference there?

I can also use sprint on my champion to run away from a creep or I can use it to run at a creep to catch him. One way is used for a defensive purpose and ther other is used for an offensive purpose.

How about when a spider uses WTE to slow down the freeps to help them and the other creeps get away or the opposite would be using it to slow down the freeps so they have a harder time getting away.

That actually makes somebody a better player or not when they learn when to use their skills for offensive purposes or defensive ones.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/06205000000002f5c/signature.png]Bambam[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    Good thing you have lots of Morale!!!!
    I think he should work on a 9k build just for kicks
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/06205000000176e75/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    | Zyrael- Rank 9 Warden | | Zyggdrayssyl- Rank 7 Hunter |
    | Zyryaith- Rank 7 Reaver | | Zyggnakh Rank 5 Defiler |

That's odd that you never see him solo because Callo is probably solo more than any other hunter on this server. And when I mean solo I don't mean following around a raid out of group, unless a certain Warg hits him and then all of a sudden he magically has half of the freep force at his side. Wondrous feat for someone who is solo most of the time.

^Truth..I have seen this with my own eyes.

Then again, most targets I hit seem to resort to this "Tactic"
    Proud Officer of The Inquisition
    SHEEBS R12 Warg Stalker We Camp The Moors! Firefoot FTW - Less Post's More Fight!
    Random Troll: Can I ask you a dumb question? Me: Better than anyone I know!

Quote Originally Posted by Wasabe View Post

This is because there is a special radar hack in the game that shows your location on the map at all times. It also blinks when you engage a freep so all the freeps can come and help defeat you.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/06205000000002f5c/signature.png]Bambam[/charsig]

That isn't the point I was trying to make. Yes, you can use the effect of the skill for an escape attempt, an advantage, to trap the enemy, etc. So let me clarify. "Using" the skill litterally is the same. You click it and as long as you meet the requirements, it works (baring bugs). How you use the effect of the skill is certainly different.

The point I was attempting to get to was...

Callo's opinion of someone based on how they use the effect of that skill and trying to cast them in a negative light does not equal truth. It is his opinion. It does not mean that the individual is a bad player or can't play their class well, etc etc etc. That's the point I was trying to get to.

You don't see me on the forums consistantly disparaging or trolling other tribes or individuals based on how I feel they are playing the game/characters. I think it's unnecessary and rude IMO.

I wish to formally apologize. This thread has been derailed numerous times and I apologize for my part in it. Any further discussions from me that doesn't pertain to 1v1's will be moved elsewhere.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/06205010000069b14/signature.png]Venomweaver[/charsig]

That isn't the point I was trying to make. Yes, you can use the effect of the skill for an escape attempt, an advantage, to trap the enemy, etc. So let me clarify. "Using" the skill litterally is the same. You click it and as long as you meet the requirements, it works (baring bugs). How you use the effect of the skill is certainly different.

The point I was attempting to get to was...

Callo's opinion of someone based on how they use the effect of that skill and trying to cast them in a negative light does not equal truth. It is his opinion. It does not mean that the individual is a bad player or can't play their class well, etc etc etc. That's the point I was trying to get to.

You don't see me on the forums consistantly disparaging or trolling other tribes or individuals based on how I feel they are playing the game/characters. I think it's unnecessary and rude IMO.

I wish to formally apologize. This thread has been derailed numerous times and I apologize for my part in it. Any further discussions from me that doesn't pertain to 1v1's will be moved elsewhere.
    You're a Baddie© because you are using skills to avoid death.

Keep on raging!
    Eriaden - Defiant of Briarcliff - vVv Gaming - www.vvv-gaming.com
    Eriaden Rank 13 Lore-master - Eriadenn Rank 10 Stalker - Silverlode

Quote Originally Posted by Eriaden View Post
    You're a Baddie© because you are using skills to avoid death.

Keep on raging!

considering healing your self which consist of useing skills would be avoiding death, so i guess everyone is a baddie since all freep classes have some kind of heal? hmmm?
    [CENTER][SIZE=3][COLOR=#ff0000][URL="http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/index.php"][IMG]http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/any/0/1/7/9/0/5601790TdIBQ.png[/IMG][/URL][/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]

This is because there is a special radar hack in the game that shows your location on the map at all times. It also blinks when you engage a freep so all the freeps can come and help defeat you.
    Ah, ok..

I thought it had something to do with that Red Skull above my head
    Proud Officer of The Inquisition
    SHEEBS R12 Warg Stalker We Camp The Moors! Firefoot FTW - Less Post's More Fight!
    Random Troll: Can I ask you a dumb question? Me: Better than anyone I know!

Quote Originally Posted by Hinamen View Post
    considering healing your self which consist of useing skills would be avoiding death, so i guess everyone is a baddie since all freep classes have some kind of heal? hmmm?

Nah, I use my heals offensively.
    I think you're an overeducated 27-year-old virgin who likes to hold the hands of superstitious old ladies and promise them everlasting life. - Walt Kowalski

Quote Originally Posted by Hinamen View Post
    Hurp Urp Durp you got trolled! lol

I should say .."not everyone, just you and Venomweaver."

Quote Originally Posted by Wasabe View Post

I do not control raids. They do tend to follow me at times. I'm cute and also have Canola Oil with me at all times. Never know when a good bate session will arise! I do have a macro that I use on occasion. Usually I use it when I am leeching or getting zerged and I know a raid or random solos and small groups are nearby. Hopefully before the patch comes out I will find time to come to the Moors and try the 1 shot lottery on Creeps before it gets nerfed.

FYI, when I corpse jump someone, it's not always something bad. Sometimes I'm just saying "HI" and other times I'm saying "Hey remember that time you zerged me?" or I might be saying "Hey remember that time you burrowed so your friends could come save your butt from me and you got bubbled against little ole me?" There are occasions when I think someone might be raging that I do it so they can rage harder. I don't take corpse jumping personal, or even the face humping by Creeps. It just makes me

Grishgnash, nice 1v1. Don't try to CC the **** out of me next time tho, especially when I have my brand on. Coming back and bringing a reaver friend really takes the cake tho. GG. Let me know how that worked out for you.

Had a pretty good 1v1 with Huggiebear today.

Quote Originally Posted by deeman25845601 View Post
    Had a pretty good 1v1 with Huggiebear today.

Probably his first 1 vs 1 victory. Though I bet you it was a pretty close fight.

i went to the moors last weekend - ran into a reaver and i couldn't target him with a single skill while he sat there and destroyed me - then i went on 1 v zerg and lost, but at least that time i could target folks.

fail lotro pvp is fail here's to isengard i hope
    [B][COLOR=cyan][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/06205000000039d09/signature.png]Viloxus[/charsig]
    8-time Grand Champion Guinness Drinker[/COLOR][/B]
    [SIZE=2][B][COLOR=silver]June 2008 model in "Failmasters of 2008" Calendar[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][SIZE=2]
    [B][COLOR=green]Making the world a better place one less pair of pants at a time :p [/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Viloxus View Post
    i went to the moors last weekend - ran into a reaver and i couldn't target him with a single skill while he sat there and destroyed me - then i went on 1 v zerg and lost, but at least that time i could target folks.

I heard from somebody from the Bullsh..roarer that Isengard is going to be the same as now just with a different color.

Quote Originally Posted by Viloxus View Post

I heard of the super greeny a few weeks ago. Apparently the devs shut him down before I could witness him blow up someone and not die go below 86 morale while being pew pew'd by a few hunters. I got there in time tho for me and celegwen (and the few randoms who had witnessed Super Greeny first hand) to blow him up when he logged back in a minute later.

super greenie eh? it might have been, every skill i tried on him got "target is out of range" or "must select a target"...it was funny and sad all at once
    [B][COLOR=cyan][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/06205000000039d09/signature.png]Viloxus[/charsig]
    8-time Grand Champion Guinness Drinker[/COLOR][/B]
    [SIZE=2][B][COLOR=silver]June 2008 model in "Failmasters of 2008" Calendar[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][SIZE=2]
    [B][COLOR=green]Making the world a better place one less pair of pants at a time :p [/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]

Thanks to everyone who fought at Candy Mountain today. Nice to see some new faces, and get the chance to have/watch a ton of interrupted 1v1's. Nights like tonight are definitely my favorite.

To Eightleggedphreak:

It was very funny! to bad i die a lot of times hahaha (i am starting to think i can only kill an npc stunned by a burglar xD but i am starting to doubt it haha).

Thanks to kissether, cocomiel, you, gwar, renamedna for thats fights! when i get a two handed bazooka we would meet again.. just kidding

Take care and i really hope to have more of this fights!

Cya!

Page 15 of 49 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 ... LastLast