We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 14 of 49 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast

Re: Good 1 vs 1 thread

Quote Originally Posted by Turril View Post
    On topic: good 1v1 Edel, too bad it got ruined. I extended a 1v1 offer to you and everyone in your group via Heston. No one accepted
    Yeah. Some BA started attacking Edel. So that's why others in our group started attacking. I believe Edel had logged after that point. Then when we saw you jumping at OC we knew you wanted to 1v1. Of course people don't understand the 1v1 concept and just start Pew Pewing right away.
    Healsyou/Healsyouu. Worst Minstrel and Defiler ever.

[Raid] Soltaz: kill.... the freeps

There was a chance to 1v1 Orcstyle and I missed it? Nooo!!!!

On topic: Thanks for the 1v1 Poiison, sorry it got ended by a lucky devestate. I think you would have had me otherwise. Criticals in 1v1s I hope for, but I always feel a little bad when I hit a dev. I was totally not expecting to see you running solo (thought you were part of a group for quite a while until I saw you heading to the ford alone) and it was a nice surprise, ty for sticking it out so we could spar.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0620500000019e945/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Bandle View Post
    Yeah. Some BA started attacking Edel. So that's why others in our group started attacking. I believe Edel had logged after that point. Then when we saw you jumping at OC we knew you wanted to 1v1. Of course people don't understand the 1v1 concept and just start Pew Pewing right away.
    Yea thats what Heston said. Its no biggie, it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Eulogia View Post
    Hehe yep man, any time I'm on and not grouped up with the tribe I'm always up for 1v1's.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0220401000010e3ac/signature.png]Orcstyleboogie[/charsig]

I believe all of God's creatures have souls... except bears... bears of Godless killing machines! - SC

I'm seriously interested. Why do you think we're terrible? Not trying to troll or anything. I'm seriously interested.

After doing a quick little bit of research:

Actually, Callo is a word in Spanish slang.
    callo noun Spanish slang meaning very ugly person, normally used in a despective way applied to a female.
    So one way in a fictional language it means something good. In another way, in a real language it means something negative.

On a side note I have nothing to do with an opinion on Callo's name. So don't get so argumentative brah.

On topic: good 1v1 Edel, too bad it got ruined. I extended a 1v1 offer to you and everyone in your group via Heston. No one accepted
    ROFL slang! How hard you guys gonna search to make up stuff about our names? No need to rage so hard sport

Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    ROFL slang! How hard you guys gonna search to make up stuff about our names?
    Oh the irony!
    [size=1]"But of bliss and glad life there is little to be said, before it ends; as works fair and wonderful, while still they endure for eyes to see, are their own record, and only when they are in peril or broken for ever do they pass into song." -- narration from The Silmarillion[/size]

Quote Originally Posted by Gilindil View Post
    Oh the irony!
    Your logic is, as always, astounding.

Quote Originally Posted by Mariuss View Post
    Tigger was it? If so, I recall getting you down to 200ish morale till you flopped.. got back up and stood there healing yourself. Its pretty annoying when someone can heal without being interrupted, and eventually I would have burnt through all my power while you stood at full morale. imo that was really cheap, so you had it coming.
    Lmao, no, different mini. I'm avoiding using CD's or dropping WS in 1v1's so I can fully learn the class, since I'm pretty green to it. I had you down twice, both times you used DR(Doesn't bug me at all, it's a skill available to use.) The first time you stuck around, which I found commendable, and the second time you ran out of range after killing me, which I found kind of sad.

I'm seriously interested. Why do you think we're terrible? Not trying to troll or anything. I'm seriously interested.
    I don't think you're terrible, I just don't think you're very good. Naz is the only one from Inq I consistently see running around on his own and willing to 1v1. I've also seen you from time to time doing such, but not as often. What I find really bad is camping the rez with 4-8 people. How hard is it to kill one person?

Quote Originally Posted by Eightleggedphreak View Post
    Lmao, no, different mini. I'm avoiding using CD's or dropping WS in 1v1's so I can fully learn the class, since I'm pretty green to it. I had you down twice, both times you used DR(Doesn't bug me at all, it's a skill available to use.) The first time you stuck around, which I found commendable, and the second time you ran out of range after killing me, which I found kind of sad.

I don't think you're terrible, I just don't think you're very good. Naz is the only one from Inq I consistently see running around on his own and willing to 1v1. I've also seen you from time to time doing such, but not as often. What I find really bad is camping the rez with 4-8 people. How hard is it to kill one person?
    Its not hard at all to kill one person. Its almost as easy to kill 4-8 people with 20+. But that's what we get 95% of the time in retaliation. Yet I never call people out for being in a zerg. On occasion we get similar sized group fights, and in those instances, ppl on both sides enjoy the fights very much. Just ask ppl like Eulogia. But all too often our opponents would like to come with a full raid, killing us as effortlessly as we did to the one or two. In the grand scheme of "challenges" there is no difference. Yet many people who play freepside feel the necessity to attempt to make it seem different.... I guess so they feel better about themselves.

On another point, to appear "good" to you it seems one needs to be solo the majority of the time and be willing to 1v1. Your opinion as "good" can then be derived by a particular individuals "playstyle". I know many people who don't 1v1, and only play for the group/social aspect of the game. If you feel they are not "good" then that's your opinion. I would much rather be happy playing a video game, then having to pass judgment on a player's playstyle any day of the week.

ROFL slang! How hard you guys gonna search to make up stuff about our names? No need to rage so hard sport
    On a side note I have nothing to do with an opinion on Callo's name. So don't get so argumentative brah.
    Last edited by Turril; Feb 13 2011 at 07:45 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0220401000010e3ac/signature.png]Orcstyleboogie[/charsig]

I believe all of God's creatures have souls... except bears... bears of Godless killing machines! - SC

Your logic is, as always, astounding.
    Your callow attitude is, as always, predictable.
    [size=1]"But of bliss and glad life there is little to be said, before it ends; as works fair and wonderful, while still they endure for eyes to see, are their own record, and only when they are in peril or broken for ever do they pass into song." -- narration from The Silmarillion[/size]

Its not hard at all to kill one person. Its almost as easy to kill 4-8 people with 20+. But that's what we get 95% of the time in retaliation. Yet I never call people out for being in a zerg. On occasion we get similar sized group fights, and in those instances, ppl on both sides enjoy the fights very much. Just ask ppl like Eulogia. But all too often our opponents would like to come with a full raid, killing us as effortlessly as we did to the one or two. In the grand scheme of "challenges" there is no difference. Yet many people who play freepside feel the necessity to attempt to make it seem different.... I guess so they feel better about themselves.

On another point, to appear "good" to you it seems one needs to be solo the majority of the time and be willing to 1v1. Your opinion as "good" can then be derived by a particular individuals "playstyle". I know many people who don't 1v1, and only play for the group/social aspect of the game. If you feel they are not "good" then that's your opinion. I would much rather be happy playing a video game, then having to pass judgment on a player's playstyle any day of the week.
    Dont worry Orcstyle, at least you stick to your principles. That guy 8leg usually just says things just to say them. Edit - Or for attention lol. Then when he realizes hes not man enough to stick with his beliefs, he will holler rage and backpedal out slowly, or report you. Seen it happen so many times and it still tickles the hell out of me.
    Last edited by Zaknah912; Feb 13 2011 at 08:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilindil View Post
    Your callow attitude is, as always, predictable.
    you spelled my lover's name wrong
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/06205000000128626/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Eulogia View Post

On topic: Thanks for the 1v1 Poiison, sorry it got ended by a lucky devestate. I think you would have had me otherwise. Criticals in 1v1s I hope for, but I always feel a little bad when I hit a dev. I was totally not expecting to see you running solo (thought you were part of a group for quite a while until I saw you heading to the ford alone) and it was a nice surprise, ty for sticking it out so we could spar.
    RKs live and die off crits. No big. We're 1-1 now, I can deal with that. That record will probably remain intact as I don't see myself coming back for quite some time.

*patiently awaits February 24th*

Quote Originally Posted by featherlight111 View Post
    *patiently awaits February 24th*
    ^this .
    Eriaden - Defiant of Briarcliff - vVv Gaming - www.vvv-gaming.com
    Eriaden Rank 13 Lore-master - Eriadenn Rank 10 Stalker - Silverlode

I don't consider there to be any skill in zerging anyone, regardless of the numbers involved. Whether it's 8 on 1 or 20 on 8, it's the same thing. A few button presses and your target is dead. I think you guys get a full zerg so often because people tire of people camping the rez quite quickly, and since you camp with a group, they bring a raid to wipe you out and hopefully make you log. It's even more annoying on a freep because you have to either make sure you get a rez, which isn't always possible, or take a much longer route around, due to having no maps.

I do consider people who run around solo and willing to 1v1 good, they're challenging themselves and putting themselves at constant risk. Same with those running around in small groups looking for other small groups. But all I have seen you guys doing in your small groups is camping the rez. Anyone who's willing to fight in groups involving a risk and not involving zerging is good imo. There's a few people I know who mostly small group and aren't solo very often, but I consider them good because of their skill and their willingness to fight hard fights.

What annoys me about Inquisition the most is your spiders. If I find them solo they always burrow when they get low on health and wait for their group to show up and save them from a solo hunter. Most of the time I am solo unless Spirits is grouped up or I'm duoing with a kinmate or I'm grouped up with Apathy. I like sitting at rezzes because I get bored of leeching off the raids at TA/STAB/EC and I have a better chance of finding one or two Creeps at a time. I also like roaming around the map trying to find Creeps questing. Sometimes I like to sneak up behind Creep balls and try to one shot or blow up a target before the Creep ball can CC me to death or blow me up if I use my brand (still see immunes pop up every time too lol). Death isn't a big deal to me, it's having fun and killing Creeps that matters. I one shot a BA the other day in Drakgor's raid and no one even noticed until I shot at Drak and AoE'd his raid. I could have gotten away easy but I didn't care about getting away. On a side note I have grouped with you back when you guys first came to our server and, playstyles aside, you are nice people and fun to group with.

2/24 is going to be a good day!

Ok, no more derailing Ayashi's thread! <3

Thank you to all the Creeps who don't heed the giant yellow warning mark right before I dev crit on you! Hopefully it doesn't get nerfed...

yep, enough derailing has been made indeed.

good series of 1v1's Tantaluss. You kite more than alot of LM's, but against reavers, its what ya gotta do. Thanks for coming back for more fights.

To everyone else I tried to have 1v1s with, if I'm solo I'm always looking for 1v1's so feel free to hit me up for em.

1. 8legged...I don't play this game to 1v1. I play for social. Just becuase I choose not to 1v1 does not make me a bad player. It just isn't my playstyle. I don't care if a freep can kill me 49 out of 50 times or if I can kill them 49 of 50 times in 1v1s. Doesn't interest me in the least. Your judgement of others based on playstyle is only your opinion...period. I've known you for a long time though I haven't grouped with you much since I came back to the game. I'm surprised that you are passing judgement...i never new you to be that way, at least not in the old days. Unlike many of you, I didn't get the chance to pay for lifetime membership and then play for free for the life of the game. I pay to play creepside. So forgive me if I prefer to play the manner that is most fun to me.

2. Callo...as stated above, I don't 1v1. I'm always in a group so your generalization about all the spiders is incorrect. In fact, the only time I see you out is as part of your own kinship group. At least I don't corpse jump the opposition...lol. I actually bow to some players with respect. Because I do respect my fellow gamers. I take it as part of the game and go on to the next skirmish...lol. And just so you know, i don't run from a 1v1 even if I'm losing.

3. Rez camping has been going on from the beginning. I have seen and still see burg groups of 3 to 5 do it both at the rez circles and at grams against greenies. I see freep raids camping rez between lug rez and oc quite often even if there are only 6 or 7 creeps at the rez. And I see freeps hug the walls of TR even recently. And there have always been rez campers and grams campers and gv campers way before inq got here. I don't know why everyone wants to pretend its suddenly some new issue. I see Rubble's group (no offense Rubble, it was just the first group that came to mind) camping GV for example, but I rarely see anyone complain, only Inq gets the complaints. It's a pvp zone, sometimes you die, sometimes I die. I can't count the number of times I got zerged by a raid of freeps while by myself even before Inq came to our server. It's not new, it happens. We wish we could have groups of similar size to fight all the time, but that isn't reality. Nor do I want to sit with a large raid where I'm only getting 2 points a kill. That's why I like similar group size away from the main raids. I believe my fellow tribe mates would agree with that as well.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/06205010000069b14/signature.png]Venomweaver[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Sisakofa View Post
    I see Rubble's group (no offense Rubble, it was just the first group that came to mind) camping GV for example, but I rarely see anyone complain, only Inq gets the complaints.
    I cracked up at this. It's because everyone who camps gets called out as "Inq". I can't count the times I've heard "Inq is camping X" and it turns out to be Demise, or SFMG or a bunch of greenies that someone had a panic attack over. I've done it myself on accident. For the longest time I thought Gievious was Inq. People complain alright, it's just that Inq gets the blame anyway.

And since this is the 1v1 thread, thanks Adrianya. I don't get to fight wardens very often so it was fun. I guess I must be getting known for wanting 1v1s if I get two in the 21st hall just by popping into it. The ironic part was I hadn't found any in the Moors that night.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0620500000019e945/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

2. Callo...as stated above, I don't 1v1. I'm always in a group so your generalization about all the spiders is incorrect. In fact, the only time I see you out is as part of your own kinship group. At least I don't corpse jump the opposition...lol. I actually bow to some players with respect. Because I do respect my fellow gamers. I take it as part of the game and go on to the next skirmish...lol. And just so you know, i don't run from a 1v1 even if I'm losing.
    I said you wait for your group when you burrow, so I'm aware your not solo when I attack you. I still think it is sad that you won't even try to fight me, you just dot and run then burrow if you get low. And since when am I only ever grouped up with Spirits? On my captain yes. I don't solo on my captain. Captains are amazing in groups though especially when champions are in their group. On my hunter, I am almost always solo.

Back on topic: Nice 1v1 Sykarr(sp?). I hate fighting wargs cus I hate kiting My traps saved my butt

Actually, Callo is a word in Spanish slang.
    callo noun Spanish slang meaning very ugly person, normally used in a despective way applied to a female.
    Actually you are wrong.. I speak spanish and the word 'Callo' is used to define an intelligent person with a particular small pe/\/is.

i.e: 'Oye Pablo, tu eres un callo.. entonces tu puedes salir con mi mujer.'
    Last edited by Eriaden; Feb 15 2011 at 01:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eriaden View Post
    Actually you are wrong.. I speak spanish and the word 'Callo' is used to define an intelligent person with a particular small pe/\/is.

i.e: 'Oye Pablo, tu eres un callo.. entonces tu puedes salir con mi mujer.'
    Ah my mistake then. Got my reply from here: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Callo

Took me a whole 2 seconds to find it. You know.... all that time to bottle up the rage or whatever BS callo was talking about.

Ah my mistake then. Got my reply from here: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Callo

Took me a whole 2 seconds to find it. You know.... all that time to bottle up the rage or whatever BS callo was talking about.
    First of all that dictionary is based on classic and old spanish.. something that we don't use anymore. It's alright anyway since is not your language. +rep for the effort

Second I believe you guys.. well pretty much everyone in the past 2 or 3 pages.. are taking what you call 'BS on the forums' too seriously. Like i.e Venomhuevos(sp?) made a huge wall-of-text to explain the 'obvious' or 8 talking about his 1vs1 adventures when nobody cares and he's as bad as Halrion, no offense JC-dog I think you are 'good'.. eeehh ..@ "rap".

..oh god! I am derailing again.

Just play the game while you can and stop taking everything so seriously on the forums.. who cares about what somebody could say about your tribe? just show them in-game with your playstyle and 'wtfpwn' them! (I know guys I lol'd too)
    I strongly recommend you to avoid typing a wall-of-text, nobody reads that. This way you will have a more enjoyable time.

I don't know why I got a very strange shiver.. like if the ghost of Tarhad was around me.

You do know urbandictionary can be changed by anyone don't you? I can add your name if I want and say anything I want about it. True or not. Kind of laughable if people are really using that website to decide if a name is inappropriate or not.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/06205000000002f5c/signature.png]Bambam[/charsig]

I said you wait for your group when you burrow, so I'm aware your not solo when I attack you. I still think it is sad that you won't even try to fight me, you just dot and run then burrow if you get low.
    Wait...you said "If I find them solo they always burrow when they get low on health and wait for their group to show up and save them from a solo hunter." But that's my point, I'm not solo or alone 99.9% of the time. And I don't ever see you by yourself, there is always a large number of freeps whether you are grouped up with them or solo...it amounts to the same thing. I only burrow when I am outnumbered. Otherwise I stand and fight. So you are incorrect. Just as I stood and fought Frogamere (sp?) about a month ago when he and I accidently came upon each other while I was on my way to rondez vous (sp?) with my tribies. I hesitated because I expected a whole group of freeps to hit me. But was just him and myself. It was a good fight behind OC next to the trolls. And i DIDN'T burrow fighting him. So troll someone else's tribe. I don't make disparagements against you because you use stealth to your advantage, its a skill given to you. Burrow was given to spiders and they can use it to their advantage if they want.

Btw (and on-topic) Frog...Thank you. You were awesome and it was very close.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/06205010000069b14/signature.png]Venomweaver[/charsig]

Wait...you said "If I find them solo they always burrow when they get low on health and wait for their group to show up and save them from a solo hunter." But that's my point, I'm not solo or alone 99.9% of the time. And I don't ever see you by yourself, there is always a large number of freeps whether you are grouped up with them or solo...it amounts to the same thing. I only burrow when I am outnumbered. Otherwise I stand and fight. So you are incorrect. Just as I stood and fought Frogamere (sp?) about a month ago when he and I accidently came upon each other while I was on my way to rondez vous (sp?) with my tribies. I hesitated because I expected a whole group of freeps to hit me. But was just him and myself. It was a good fight behind OC next to the trolls. And i DIDN'T burrow fighting him. So troll someone else's tribe. I don't make disparagements against you because you use stealth to your advantage, its a skill given to you. Burrow was given to spiders and they can use it to their advantage if they want.

Btw (and on-topic) Frog...Thank you. You were awesome and it was very close.

That's odd that you never see him solo because Callo is probably solo more than any other hunter on this server. And when I mean solo I don't mean following around a raid out of group.

There is also a difference from using your skills to help you in a fight and using your skills to run away and hide or help your raid get to you before you die.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/06205000000002f5c/signature.png]Bambam[/charsig]

Page 14 of 49 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast