We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Were Captains Nerfed? Crits taken off?

Well I used to play some time ago and had a 60 captain in Moria. I quit and now I'm back, so I decided to start out fresh on a new server and stuff... For what I remembered, my captain used to crit often and that was the whole fun around soloing mobs... waiting for that blast crit to happen.
    Right now I don't see those crits at all, did something happen? were the crits taken off?
    If that's true, I feel really sad about it... For I love the Captains Lore and Image itself and would never be another class as main, unless, the underpower oblige me...

Re: Were Captains Nerfed? Crits taken off?

Quote Originally Posted by Kabahal View Post
    Well I used to play some time ago and had a 60 captain in Moria. I quit and now I'm back, so I decided to start out fresh on a new server and stuff... For what I remembered, my captain used to crit often and that was the whole fun around soloing mobs... waiting for that blast crit to happen.
    Right now I don't see those crits at all, did something happen? were the crits taken off?
    If that's true, I feel really sad about it... For I love the Captains Lore and Image itself and would never be another class as main, unless, the underpower oblige me...
    Summary:
    Siege of Mirkwood happened: weapon speed normalization and combat mechanic changes.

Crits should still happen at the normal rate (your percentage) but will hit for less. But you hit more often, and auto-attacks don't interrupt skills.

Use the title search for "DPS" in this forum for much more detailed discussion.

Do Captains still rely on crazy crits? do they get those crazy crits?

2 Waterbank Road, Imlad Anor, Falathlorn Homesteads

They aren't as crazy as they used to be, but overall, DPS was standardized....aka, 2h weapons are all the same speed, so, whereas before Halberds were the slowest but hardest hitting weapon, now the only thing that separates them is the look and Captain passives regarding them. Damage range is the same as a two handed sword or axe, etc.

So in a sense, your DPS will have been more "normalized" over a period of time, with less contributions by "huge crits" and more contributions by number of attacks.

You'll get used to it, eventually. Hopefully.

;/ I guess I still prefer the older system... The crits really make a difference PvP wise, when one of those blast hits can be the key between victory and defeat... Well I guess I will have to get used to that ;( sounds like the warden got a full benefit out of this thing

DOOooOOooo000ooo0o0o0ooooOOOOO oooMMMMMmmmm !!!1!!1!!!11!!!!evelen !!!one!1!!1ONE

Seriously, y'all thought i was going to do a doom post in orange
    [COLOR=#008080]If it isn't about FlameThrower, Grenade and Rocket Launcher, you're playing the wrong classes, race and game..
    [/COLOR]

yeah we suck just /delete your captain
    Kraken, Thesungodra

Same thing with me, got to 60 when moria came out and left for many months and noticed the change before I knew it had happened.

TBH, after playing for a few weeks I don't miss the old system much, the new one is fine, the damage rate is a lot more steady and I can know when to expect stuff to die, which helps planning/timing attacks and heals out better.

To maximize DPS....
    Click Skill
    Wait for autoattack
    Click Skill
    Wait for autoattack
    Click skill
    ...... ad nauseam....

it's re****ed!!!!
    Anoying!!!!

but will increase your damage output by around 35% when I parsed it.

/hate turbine
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c000000035761/01003/signature.png]Kromvell[/charsig]

DRAGONELDER
    Founder of Dragon

I've really missed the big crits. Nothing like having revealing mark, being almost dead, and critting for 1900 and getting almost 300 health back to save yourself.

I did crit on the second boss in SH for 2400 yesterday. That was with telling mark, reveal weakness, to arms, and the +15% damage corruption. Still nice to see a big crit though.

I have not been 'unfortunate' enough to see a decline in my critical hits, but that's just me.
    [IMG]http://lotro-wiki.com/images/7/77/Burglar-icon.png[/IMG]