We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Tell the Community Threads

Recently, there have been several very good threads from the developers asking the community about their main priorities. Unfortunately, the majority of the people are asking for major overhauls to the Legendary Item system and the PvMP system. As such, those of us who have been asking for a housing update for years are once again in the minority.

I would ask the developers to please give us some improvements to housing before investing the significant time and expense of completely overhauling legendary items and/or PvMP. Surely it would not take much to give us even just a handful of the changes in a thread like this one: http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=161639. I think the important thing to remember is that there are housing overhaul threads on this forum dating back to just after release of the game. At the very least, people have been asking for free-form furniture placement (no more hooks) since the beginning.

While housing may not be the first priority of the majority, we have been asking for a housing overhaul since long before legendary items were even on the drawing board. I am not saying any of this to scold or complain - I simply feel that the Age of Housing Reborn should, at long last, become a reality. We need much more than a reversion of the "lockout" aspect of housing, which you are hinting may be the only housing system change in the foreseeable future.

I thank you for taking the time to read this thread - be you developer or member of this fine community. If you agree with me and feel that our hour is at hand, please sign below. Do not let our comments on the "Tell the Community Threads" be nothing but voices crying in the night! Housing is an incredible part of this game and we want to see its greatness restored as much as possible.
    [b]Wizenwood[/b] [Loremaster 85], [b]Ainuril[/b] [Guardian 65]

[b]Landroval Server[/b]

2. Re: Tell the Community Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Ainuril View Post
    Recently, there have been several very good threads from the developers asking the community about their main priorities. Unfortunately, the majority of the people are asking for major overhauls to the Legendary Item system and the PvMP system. As such, those of us who have been asking for a housing update for years are once again in the minority.

<snip>
    Did you miss the previous Tell the Community Team Thread that asked about new and revamped systems where about 90% of the 588 responders said housing?

Here let me point you there
    Thread

Then in the very next set of questions (this weeks) they specifically asked about a housing mechanic. I think us housing fans are far from being ignored.

Re: Tell the Community Threads

Unfortunately, Unique, the thread you cite specifically excluded PvMP, Legendary Items, and Radiance. In other words, anything mentioned in the thread would automatically be fourth on Turbine's list of priorities. I agree that housing is still a very popular issue, but I think it is well below PvMP, Legendary Items, and Radiance on the Community's list of top priorities.

My thread is only a plea for housing to get more attention than just a change to the lockout and escrow rules.
    [b]Wizenwood[/b] [Loremaster 85], [b]Ainuril[/b] [Guardian 65]

[b]Landroval Server[/b]

I don't get the point of this thread.

If us people who want a housing update are in a minority compared to those who have other priorities, then Turbine has a right, in fact a responsibility, to find out.

I also question your assumption that improvements to the housing system are easier or safer programming-wise. Having the user define 3D models which then get transported to all the other clients that have vastly different setups (which is what a better housing decoration would be) is a major challenge.

Sorting out some itemization problems is time-consuming and tedious but it is safe and presumably easy programming-wise (no new code).

Myself, if they just give me an extra bag or two they can waive all the other BS. But I guess that's gonna happen last

pvmp is over housing, more ppl care about pvmp then housing
    Shakstok

Quote Originally Posted by Alphanikolas View Post
    pvmp is over housing, more ppl care about pvmp then housing
    Yes, because all 832 players who play this game have now spoken.
    Last edited by Stilgaard; Apr 19 2010 at 11:55 AM.

7. Re: Tell the Community Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Ainuril View Post
    Unfortunately, Unique, the thread you cite specifically excluded PvMP, Legendary Items, and Radiance. In other words, anything mentioned in the thread would automatically be fourth on Turbine's list of priorities. I agree that housing is still a very popular issue, but I think it is well below PvMP, Legendary Items, and Radiance on the Community's list of top priorities.

My thread is only a plea for housing to get more attention than just a change to the lockout and escrow rules.
    The reason I brought up that thread was not to say that housing ranked #1 on the priority list but to demonstrate that "in addition to" the major issues, housing was a priority for a huge percentage of players.

By Turbines exclusion of the hot topics and having housing come on so strong it is obvious that it's a system people do care about. By Turbines inclusion of a housing only question in the next TTCT they are showing that they are listening and getting feedback on different parts of the system.

I don't take their question about escrow to be proof that that is the only thing they are going to fix with housing, I see it as a starting point, something they can do without changing the core housing system (which will take quite a while to do and I hope they are considering it).

Fixing some of the easier areas of housing in the short term while hopefully working on a long term fix for the more complicated issues (hooks) is a good sign.

I don't think there should be just 1 priority list - how about a core system list and a fluff system list. I care nothing for PVMP, LI, or Radiance and those will always rank higher than fluff so should fluff never get changed? Isn't 2.5 years long enough to wait for a housing revamp?

Why not pick one thing off each list to be #1, seems like a fairer way to look at it.