We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

UI settings for captains

I'm having trouble getting my UI settings to do what I want to show me the state of my fellowship mates. I'd like to not have so much info that they overlap. I'd like to see captains buffs (mine and others) so I see when they are expired or needed. I'd like to see fear in particular and debuffs in general. What UI settings do you guys use? Options seem to be

Show Dispellable Effects Only
    Show Effects Cast By You

And those are mutually exclusive for some reason -- you can't ask for both of them though often that is what I'd like. What do you use for your Captain, just have the multiple rows of stuff up? I also have been doing "Display Debuffs in Separate row". I sometimes can't see if people have fear on for some reason though?

Re: UI settings for captains

I just have on the one that I can dispell stuff off of people, my actual buffs I have timed out in my head, that or if too busy I spam them between fights and what not.
    Last edited by Larce; Apr 16 2010 at 01:37 PM.

I show everything and have just gotten used to it.

you can still see their health through all those buffs, albeit not as easy.

you can still click their health bar through all the buffs.

i hate when i play with other captains that use "show cast by you" option, as they will constantly overwrite my buffs! of course, im already talking to them about this, but whne auto-pilot kicks in and they dont see buffs on the players, they cast them again... usually lowering the buff i have.

i suggest getting used to seeing 3-4 rows of buffs/debuffs on the fellowship panel.
    "I am always serious; I am never serious." -Me
    "I make the most outrageous and exaggerated statements of any man to ever live, has ever lived, or that will ever live." -Me

I use the "Show dispellable effects" setting. I buff myself first, then just check time on my own buffs to note when to rebuff. With over age 51 eyes, most of those little icons in the fellowship panel are just splashes of color anyway, if I want more detail I mouse over or target the person, since I have my target slider a bit higher than default so I can try to figure out the corruptions/buffs.

Showing dispellable will still allow me to see poisons, etc., but I don't have to watch all those short-term buffs from various classes flowing through. Additionally, with fewer icons, I can layer the groups a bit, taking up less room on the screen.
    [CENTER]

[/CENTER]

I would love it if they would allow "Show effects cast by you" and "Show dispellable effects only" to be active at the same time.

I usually toggle "show effects cast by you" during trash but will switch to "show dispellable effects only" during boss fights that fears need to be cleared or they will cause a wipe.

I have tried running showing all effects but in a raid stetting, that just gets too busy for me.

If we can't toggle both, atleast give us the option to spread our companions vitals further apart so all the effects icons don't bleed into another companions vitals.
    Gungus - Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Larce View Post
    I just have on the one that I can dispell stuff off of people, my actual buffs I have timed out in my head, that or if too busy I spam them between fights and what not.
    I do this,

Not being able to see peoples morale bars properly is much worse for me than not seeing buffs; I just buff before the fight starts and look at my own bar (normally IDOME) to see when they start to drop. I assume TA and SoW are going at the correct times =P
    [URL="http://catalyst.guildlaunch.com"][/URL][SIZE=1] [/SIZE][SIZE=1]Votan | Xeyila | Grisburnakh
    Retired - Thanks for the fun and the fights[/SIZE]

yeah no need to see others' buffs when they're on your own bar. they should be all at the same length give/take a few seconds of buff CD. unless one of them was out of IDOME range.

you'll get used to it
    Kraken, Thesungodra

Cool Re: UI settings for captains

Maybe i dont know what im talking about. But at one point I had been able to see both before i knew there was an option. This was a long time ago though when I didnt know much about this game.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/07206000000006f54/01008/signature.png]Adaros[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by edawg View Post
    Maybe i dont know what im talking about. But at one point I had been able to see both before i knew there was an option. This was a long time ago though when I didnt know much about this game.
    mmm, I don't think so unless this was over 2 years ago.
    Kraken, Thesungodra

Quote Originally Posted by edawg View Post
    Before Moria came out (back when level cap was at 50), the problem of seeing everything was negated by the buffs simply extending outwards in one line. Now that they wrap under the name, the morale bars can be hidden.

I just go with showing curable debuffs. Works for me.
    Narlinde, level 100 Minstrel, Rank 11, Member of Trucido ~ Windfola

I need to be able to see dispellable debuffs{wounds, poisons, fears, diseases},my own buffs {IDoME, Motivating Speech, Tactic, Shield Brother}... but there are also quite a variety of debuffs and other icons on the buff bar that aren't dispellable but are important to know about - some are absolutely critical. ie The eye debuffs that aren't dispellable but if not seen = a wipe.

The idea of using Dispellable Only and using yourself as the guide as when your fellows need to be buffed just doesn't work all the time, and is a workaround for something that needs a game side fix.

At this point, the icons on people's buff bars often overlap the next person's vitals and I have a lot of difficulty seeing if someone needs a heal at all.

I just need to be able to create a little more space between people's vitals so things don't overlap.
    History became legend, and legend became myth, and some things that should not have been forgotten were lost...