We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Cappy dps questions

Quote Originally Posted by Trilwych View Post
    You seemed to have missed this bit:

Honestly, don't encourage this kind of player. He does intend to group, but he would actively refuse to use the captain class to its full ability, limiting himself to 1/3 of the class potential. That sort of thinking and playing--in a group--would give the class a bad name. It's an odd player who also would choose guardian only for overpower DPS and refuse to ever tank, or take minstrel for warspeech DPS and refuse to ever heal. If he wanted to solo all the time, that's his business.

Now. If said player finds a group of players or a kinship who are totally fine with that, then it's all good. But the vast majority of cases, that just simply isn't how the class-mechanic setup works. Specific harmony and compromises are always required in group play.
    Yep, you're my favorite person now Tril. Makes me think even more that maybe warden would be the right class for the OP. You know, the class built for solo survivability.
    Hellina: 105 Hobbit Minstrel, Amberwyn: 105 Elf Hunter, Brookethorne: Elf Guardian, Skaia: Elf RK, Bluejean: Hobbit Burglar, Develyn: Woman Captain, Novah: Woman LM
    Kinship -- Desperate Measures
    Since April, 2007: Brandywine & Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by IGolbezI View Post
    I can't believe how badly I keep mistyping, i meant to say "how mistaken you were; really Votan is the only god of Captains" I was mistaken to enforce my radical polythesiem upon the poor captain forums!
    Quite alright, I know many people have trouble accepting the truth that you have just so eloquently stated
    [URL="http://catalyst.guildlaunch.com"][/URL][SIZE=1] [/SIZE][SIZE=1]Votan | Xeyila | Grisburnakh
    Retired - Thanks for the fun and the fights[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Apocatequil View Post
    I just took my pills, please disregard my previous post. I was slightly dillusional
    that's ok I'm here for you if you need me
    Kraken, Thesungodra

Oh man, just relax, the pills take about 20min to kick in, i'm sure that your post was fine
    Yeah you are probably right...

Uh oh, here they go.

Captain DPS is amazing I can regularly crit for 4k on mobs with -85% incoming damage buffs, meanwhile captain DPS is also appalling and due to not having a slow means that i can't kill anything solo in the ettenmoors.
    [URL="http://catalyst.guildlaunch.com"][/URL][SIZE=1] [/SIZE][SIZE=1]Votan | Xeyila | Grisburnakh

Zander why are you posting on the forums don't you have a big accounting exam tomorrow?
    omg you're right *** am I doing here?!??!?!?!?!

fffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uck
    Kraken, Thesungodra

omg you're right *** am I doing here?!??!?!?!?!

fffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uck
    lol, good luck dude, yay for not being in undergrad anymore!

use your kinly captain skills to get you through (Last Stand might be appropriate).

I doubt I'll have enough power at the end to man heal :/
    Kraken, Thesungodra

I doubt I'll have enough power at the end to man heal :/
    You just need a LM next to you to *feed you power* during the test at the exact right time

You just need a LM next to you to *feed you power* during the test at the exact right time
    nah too many TAs walking around, they'd see it.
    Kraken, Thesungodra

Quote Originally Posted by Trilwych View Post
    You seemed to have missed this bit:

Honestly, don't encourage this kind of player. He does intend to group, but he would actively refuse to use the captain class to its full ability, limiting himself to 1/3 of the class potential. That sort of thinking and playing--in a group--would give the class a bad name. It's an odd player who also would choose guardian only for overpower DPS and refuse to ever tank, or take minstrel for warspeech DPS and refuse to ever heal. If he wanted to solo all the time, that's his business.

Now. If said player finds a group of players or a kinship who are totally fine with that, then it's all good. But the vast majority of cases, that just simply isn't how the class-mechanic setup works. Specific harmony and compromises are always required in group play.
    You're right, I did misread it. Some of that post was a little bass ackwards so I thought he was saying something else.

In that case I think you're right, and Captain just isn't for him. The only thing that still bugs me is how he says he enjoys the Captain, and not the Champ. Hell if you like playing the class just see what happens in 10 or 15 levels. Try some low level instances (Lone Lands would be ideal for him) and then judge the class and it's role in groups. No need to force yourself to play a class that isn't as fun just because you think you want to do DPS.
    [center]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/tY1055I.jpg[/IMG]
    [color=green][b]Gloarn[/b][/color] 80 Burglar [color=grey]|[/color] [color=green][b]Glorn[/b][/color] 75 Champion [color=grey]|[/color] [color=green][b]Gloirn[/b][/color] 75 Rune-keeper [color=grey]|[/color] [color=green][b]Glourn[/b][/color] 75 Captain
    [color=brown][b]Glarnakh[/b][/color] R7 Warleader [color=grey]|[/color] [color=brown][b]Glarno[/b][/color] R6 Reaver
    [/center]

It's a simple fact: Captains are not a DPS class.
    We're a force multiplier. We add power, morale, heals, fight fear, add damage and bring our unique awesomeness to any group. The true value of Cappies is in a group, and though I think it's fun to solo, you miss some of the greatness.

Bottom line, if any class is fun for you, then play it and accept whatever limitations you have as challenges.

N.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c00000012e209/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [I]"He knows not to what end he rides; yet if he knew, he would still go on."[/I]

Wow...what a stellar derail. The OP will probably never be back.

I actually liked the idea of suggesting burglar. After a few levels, they put out a fair amount of damage while having pretty good survival tricks.
    [CENTER]

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Lupini View Post

I actually liked the idea of suggesting burglar. After a few levels, they put out a fair amount of damage while having pretty good survival tricks.
    lol I know right?

and what if he doesn't want to debuff? I still think a RK is for him
    Kraken, Thesungodra

Quote Originally Posted by Lupini View Post

This is what happens when I get really bored at work :S

I still think the guard would be better for the OP, he seemed to want the ability to take alot of damage and still DPS. Lowbie burgs, before hips and tng are actually quite squishy! (i haven't played a lowbie burg since late SoA so it could of changed alot idk)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2