We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Re: What are you naming your hobbit?

well, I have my Vireo. A vireo is a kind of songbird, so it fits my minstrel
    [COLOR="Cyan"]Teristriel 20 LoreMaster, Elendilmir[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Red"]Vireo 8 Minstrel, Landroval[/COLOR]

Another bird here in EST who dominate our birdfeeders ...Titmouse..my wife's favorite bird for her minstrel. I have seen a couple people comment about it, thinking it might get her banned....what do you think folks?

Quote Originally Posted by Axtan View Post
    Another bird here in EST who dominate our birdfeeders ...Titmouse..my wife's favorite bird for her minstrel. I have seen a couple people comment about it, thinking it might get her banned....what do you think folks?
    I hope not; it's a perfect name for a Hobbit. We have (or had, anyway) a mated pair who would come to our feeder.

SL
    [url=http://my.lotro.com/silverlocket/]Silverlocket's Big Ol' Bucket O' Blather[/url]

wow, old thread I can't believe I missed.

my hobbit female is named Holeyn (pronounced "Hollin") Goodies. I was looking for a botanical name that might have come from outside the shire (Sam's child Eleanor) and been changed for hobbit spellings.

Its also a play on words, since it could be pronounced "Haulin' Goodies"...an appropriate name for a burglar.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000000012c2/01004/signature.png]Holeyn[/charsig]
    [size=-2]also Aborning (cap) and Aeglin (champ)[/size]
    Leader of [url=http://my.lotro.com/kinship-meneldor-prancing_pwnies/]Prancing Pwnies[/url] on Meneldor

3 Cloven Cresent, Tonbry, Thorins Hall Homesteads

I am really REALLY bad at making up names, so I can up with the most stupid name I could come up with MicroMan, for fairly straightfoward reasons. He's obiously small, or micro and he's a man so... MicroMan it was. I wasn't to sure of the name at first but it has grown on me and I love it now.
    [center][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0000000523eb/signature.png]Microman[/charsig]
    [color=red]Putrefy[/color] Human Captain [color=red]Doommonkey[/color] Hobbit Warden
    Like jumping off bridges... it's good times. ~ ButrBiscut[/center]

Yay! Threads that don't die! :-D

The name of my Main came to me even before I intended to roll a hobbit. It was one of these naming threads on the old live forums and I suddenly out of nowhere decided on the name Figgy for a Hobbit that I'd never play. Boy was I wrong! It was a last minute decision to switch from Elf to Hobbit -- as in the character creation screen when the servers came up -- but one I certainly don't regret. Then for a new character I wanted the name Poppy which was already taken, but Poppet is mine.

So Figgy (50 MNS), Poppet (21 GRD)
    Last edited by Bob; Oct 19 2007 at 02:44 PM.
    ~Figgy~ 87~
    Hobbit Minstrel
    Arkenstone

Minny Half pint... Minny- Because shes iddy biddy, Half Pint- Not quite a full pint =) ... Together = Cute

..Watch out for Jinny Half pint too!
    Last edited by twisted_one; Oct 11 2007 at 05:14 AM.

M I N N Y

I had a Hobbit Burglar back in OB named Bagtaggins. Surprised I never got reported.

I named my main Shembo "Shem" Whitlock. I love turning shoes off and watching him run around in his furry hobbitsy feet.

Hm did I post in this thread yet? I can't remember, so I guess i'll post again

I have two hobbits.

A guardian, Gerania Stoutshield. The first name is a variation of Geranium, which I didn't actually check the availability of, I assumed geranium was already taken taken. The second name sounds a lot like a dwarf name, I know, but there's a story behind it. Her family was formerly called the Tallfields, until one of her great, great grandpappies became a very famous bounder. He weilded a club and a big wooden shield. He renamed the family Stoutshield, both for his fame, and for the coming generations that would enter the bounder's ranks.

And a hunter, Gooseberry Chetbuck. I opened up a book of gardening and looked at some flower names, unfortunately every name I tried was taken, even the really obscure sounding ones So I moved on the fruit instead and picked the most obscure (and british!!) fruit that i knew of, which was the gooseberry. ( i like gooseberry pie...) As for her family name, you may notice it has "buck" on the end, well, I kind of created a family here. Basically, the Chetbuck family is an offshoot from the original Oldbuck family (the ones that founded Buckland) They were sent to live in the Brandy Woods, acting as foresters and watchmen (watch hobbits, whatever) And when the Oldbucks became the Brandybucks, then this family changed their name to suit, becoming the Chetbucks. ("Chet" means Woods, as in forest, in old english)
    NELED GWAITH | OZRAID
    Berla115BRN . Falarfindel46CPT . Feaberry50HNT . Gerania115GRD . Gilauron63WDN . Gwynneth105BUR . Irraniel69CHN . Letheniel115LRM . Lalaithauriell112RNK . Tinuanorel76MNS
    NIMRODEL | ARKENSTONE

Quote Originally Posted by twisted_one View Post
    Minny Half pint... Minny- Because shes iddy biddy, Half Pint- Not quite a full pint =) ... Together = Cute

..Watch out for Jinny Half pint too!

Hehe, I like these names.
    Jeffaman-Guarding Hobbit Jeffro-Burgling Hobbit Tinulaurien-Elf Lore Master Cephus-Champion of Men Lilnooblet-Hunting Hobbit Jeffrandir-Snooty Elf Rune-keeper- All of Brandywine
    Long live the halflings! Praise them with great praise!
    RIP Nidor - Brandywine's bravest warrior

My husband and I have Hobbits that roleplay as husband and wife in the game. We are Ametrine and Giadoc Dinglebury.
    [COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=Red]Ayrolen[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DarkOrange]Anikosi[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Yellow]Anfribur[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Lime]Ametrine[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Amari[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Ayaneth[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Red]Asparagus[/COLOR]-[COLOR=SandyBrown]Anayalos[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Yellow]Alyradal[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Lime]Aloe[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Asiago[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]-[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Altanoin[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]
    7 Haven Way, Tund Loriel, Falathlorn Homesteads
    [COLOR=White]Elendilmir[/COLOR] Arda Shrugged -[COLOR=White]Crickhollow[/COLOR] The Colonists[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][SIZE=1]
    [/SIZE]

I went with Nobigar (NOB-i-gar). I always liked Nob who worked at the Prancing Pony, so I wanted to come up with a name that would fit with Hobbit naming conventions but would Nob for short. Just because he is the only Nob in the book does not mean it wasn't a common name.
    Nobigar Proudbelly - L35 Grand Master Chef, 3 Myrtle Court, Cropfurrows, Southfarthing, Landroval; Gaelivor - L65 Hunter - Lorien; Raeph - L38 Historian - Breeland; Daintybelle Oakenchest - L 65 Midwife - Blue Mountains.

I went with anglo... i thought it sounded kinda sleek so it matched the burglar.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/062050100000a044f/signature.png]Saxxon[/charsig]

I have 2:

Jedro Toll, minstrel, in honor of my favorite real-life minstrel and Heriadoc "Harry" Bandylegs, burglar, in honor of a very good friend.
    Last edited by Jedro_Toll; Oct 29 2007 at 04:33 PM. Reason: Added second reason
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a01000006bcba/signature.png]Mugbus[/charsig]
    [FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=darkorange][I]Necrotiti [/I]R7 Weaver[COLOR=red] / [/COLOR][I]Mugbus[/I] R6 [/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=darkorange]Warleader [/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=darkorange][COLOR=red][I]/ [/I][/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=darkorange][I]Mudclaw [/I]R5 Stalker[/COLOR][/FONT]

I'm Dver Digswell, of course and my wife is Beckora Digswell.

i wanted to make one named soco but that was taken :P
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/062050100000a044f/signature.png]Saxxon[/charsig]

My hobbits are Mattwise, Markwise, Lukewise, and Johnwise. They are all brothers and their last name is Fleetfoot. A fun group of hobbits!!
    Mattwise Fleetfoot Hobbit Guardian/Armourer | Markwise Fleetfoot Hobbit Hunter/Armsman | Lukewise Fleetfoot Hobbit Burglar/Tinker | Johnwise Fleetfoot Hobbit Minstrel/Explorer

Quote Originally Posted by Inzhane View Post
    My Hobbit Burglar is called Ninetoes Proudfeet. I play for enjoyment and just love the game. I take nothing seriously.
    I'm more the Jester-type in my Kinship and found the name appropriate. If it makes someone smile or even laugh, then I did my job.
    <grins mischievously>
    Omg Ninetoes! I remember you!! I read your bio in Rivendell and I just lol'd in RL and had to PM you and compliment you on the creativity and funniness of it!!

For my hobbit guardian, she's Maygan Foxtail. Megan was taken so I wanted something that at least sounded like Megan. Though some idiot in /OOC thought it was a anagram for Gayman >< As for Foxtail, I think the Mathom House keeper is a pretty interesting dude! He gets to keep and look after all the old mathoms and know all the stories about them! If I was a hobbit, I would want to be born in that family so I could hear all the mathom tales and help look after them!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000001656/01002/signature.png]Megshin[/charsig]

"Do you like being an adventurer?"

I followed the rules for short and ending in -o and came up with Menudo, but opted to scratch that one.

Of hobbits, I play three:

Guardian ... Loncome
    Hunter ... Wilsome
    Minstrel ... Trula

Ando Stumbletoe!

Grandmaster Farmer and Grandmaster Cook!

Burglar extraordinaire!

... and all around clumsy and generally living up to the last name...

Friagrim Tuk, that is by the way the proper spelling of the Hobbit family known as Took. Plus my nick name is really cute, Fri Tuk. :-)

My toon is "Hofosho".

Cause he's a ho....fo sho.

My character is named Fuiron -- it's old French/English for Ferret...cause it's a Burg...

Somewhere in between my love and my agony

My hobbit's name is Mang, but that was always held as an alias or nickname for him, and he did actually have a true hobbit name. He's a Fallowhide and a Hunter, so it stands to reason he's either Tookish or Brandybuck.

However, according to http://www.barrowdowns.com/middleearthname.php, my name translates to Bingo Bushey from Deephallow (That's my name-o!), although according to http://www.chriswetherell.com/hobbit/, instead I'm Lardo Hamwich of Buckleberry Fern...
    [SIZE=1][SIZE=1][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0000000331f0/01001/signature.png]Dilf[/charsig]
    [URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/vilya/mang/"]Mang[/URL] [URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/vilya/dilf/"]Dilf[/URL]
    [/SIZE][/SIZE]

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast