We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Weaver Build?

Weaver Build?

I dont play weaver, but a buddy of mine does. He is pretty high rank, but things have changed a lot. I told him he should build for more HP at the expense of power, but he contends he looses too much mitigation. SO - I put it to the experts - what are you using for a build for your Weaver? I saw no other posts about this in here, so thought I would start it up!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320200000020a33e/01008/signature.png]Electoric[/charsig]
    Electoric-65RK; Adanador-63Hnt; Misscreant-54Burg; Galock - BA

Re: Weaver Build?

For my part here is my build.

Corruption:

Healt for power R2
    Health for dmg R2
    dmg for power R2
    dmg for health R2
    dmg for powerR1
    Critical protection R2

Race trait:

Eight legs menace
    shelob gift
    Born of shadow
    Enemy of the first children

Classe trait:

Armor boost
    Health boost
    Pearcing attack dmg boost
    Tainted kiss dmg boost
    Clining web
    stealweave web

This is what im suing right now and most of the time. But it will change when i get R11 im thinking of makaing a build with more moral regen in combat. It depend on what Rank ou are too.

Hop it help and i would like to see what other weaver use.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0100000c00e2/signature.png]Tipere[/charsig]
    The Godfather

I'm still pretty much a noob with creeps, but wouldn't "damage for health" and "health for damage" cancel one another out?

no, not entirely. Since they are rank 2...you give up 5% to gain 10%, so it does not cancel.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320200000020a33e/01008/signature.png]Electoric[/charsig]
    Electoric-65RK; Adanador-63Hnt; Misscreant-54Burg; Galock - BA

instead of health for dmg R2

I just throw in Health for power R1

I hate to loose damage..... and I interchange crit protection with lightning mit.... Lrmaster rk groups have been poping up....
    Last edited by calmante; Apr 14 2010 at 03:05 PM.
    Hunter-Calmante-R6, Warg-Morgdush-R6

Morale Weavers Are Ftw.
    Health For Power R1 & R2
    Health For Damage R1 & R2
    Crit Protection R1 & R2

As Long As You Have The Enhanced Piercing And Tainted Kiss You'll Have Enough Damage. Weavers Aren't A DPS Class

With Those Corruptions And Armor Boost Slotted I Promise You'll Be Impressed With The Amount Of Punishment Your Spider Can Withstand. And Also, With A High Amount Of Health You Put The R6 Damage Reflection Racial To Its Most Beneficial Use. A Full Morale Weaver With Crit Protection And Armor Boost Beats Just About Anything 1v1 If You Know What You're Doing. With Toxin Constantly Draining Your Opponent's Power, You Can Simply Outlast Them.

Nothing Really Gives Me Trouble Except RK's...

Double Crit Protection + Kiting With VH Usually Trumps RK's Though
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0720601000011545b/signature.png]Veilofmaya[/charsig]
    Innocence Died Screaming.
    You Can't Spell Slaughter Without Laughter.
    I'm A Different Breed Of Killer.

I run with a full damage build. I love it. Sure I could gain more morale and be (likely) even more powerful, but as it is the class feels fairly over powered, so there is a lot of leeway in how you trait.
    [CENTER][FONT=verdana][I][SIZE=3]Shyma of Elendilmir[/SIZE][/I][/FONT][/CENTER]

I also like the full dps build, that was my first and the most used build because more dmg = more infamy. But i have tryed to get more moral with Moral for dmg R2 for lil lost of dps, and now im using the critz protection because its a most with all thos devasted and crit freeps can almost one shot a creep. I think freeps can hit harder than the ranger now.

And for RK the best to do is to kill him before he kill you. They are not easy!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0100000c00e2/signature.png]Tipere[/charsig]
    The Godfather

When You start out Its best to go for a DPS build IMO Due to the fact that at lower ranks you really dont have a roll besides DPS since all you get is a root. which I only use on my spider for Root guards that are sheild walling a retreating freep, root a retreating freep, soloing vs solo freep or 2 freeps (NOT SUGGESTED AT LOWER RANKS XD)

Once you start getting more rank and you need to be running into a group of freeps to lay down web the earth or something or fm something. you are gonna need some moral.
    Hunter-Calmante-R6, Warg-Morgdush-R6

Despite what some Freeps think we spiders aint DPS machines out there. We have a very low DPS.

I mean 10% extra DPS on a very low DPS class aint the same as 10% on a DPS class. The loss in health % is greater than the gain in DPS. With the normal philosophy that if Im dead I stop dealing damage (not totally true on a DoTing spider tho, but you get the point) and thus my overall damage will probably be lower even if I was traited for more damage.

So for me the choice is easy. More health less damage and of course take from power all you can.

/Silkdawn
    [url=http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=301899]Silkdawn's movie collection[/url]

im now running with 4 morale + crit 1 and 2 though im thinking of replacing the crit 1,2 for damage for power 1,2 since im not really finding that crit helps when im constantly getting hit by 10 or more freeps ( btw thanx for the extra attention silk lol)

Im now using the moral regen in combat classe traits instead of the clining web, because catch the prey can do a part of this job and when i use entangling web, my clining is on cooldown.

Now when il get to R11 wich is close, i want to use the race traits drinker of blood that give a +300 morale and power regen in combat. BUT i dont now wich race trait il remove for this one.

Im thinking about Born of shadow or enemys of the first children. I cannot live without shelob's gift and eight legs menace. What you guys think? This would make a veary close 1K moral regen in combat. What traits should i replace for the blood drinker?
    The Godfather

I have finaly replaced the enemys of the first children for the drinker of blood and using the Enhanced latent poison instead of the stealweave web.

For now i like it, the stunt triger faster and right afther a stunt i apply it and it triger right afther the stunt immunity go off.

Im juste woundering if i should keep the regeneration classe trait or if i should use somthing els like stealweave or clining. What i dont like from clining is that they share both cooldown with entangligne web.

I also have removed the dmg for power R1 and changed it for Health for power R1, it gave me a nother 300 moral and reduced my dmg for a bit but i got more survavibility that way. If i want to do more melee i need to be longer to kill.

Anny other weaver have other idea of build?
    The Godfather

Quote Originally Posted by Perfectlotus View Post
    Despite what some Freeps think we spiders aint DPS machines out there. We have a very low DPS.

I mean 10% extra DPS on a very low DPS class aint the same as 10% on a DPS class. The loss in health % is greater than the gain in DPS. With the normal philosophy that if Im dead I stop dealing damage (not totally true on a DoTing spider tho, but you get the point) and thus my overall damage will probably be lower even if I was traited for more damage.

So for me the choice is easy. More health less damage and of course take from power all you can.

/Silkdawn
    Yeah, that's a good point.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/01203010000042356/signature.png]Zenspider[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Jamers View Post
    I run with a full damage build. I love it. Sure I could gain more morale and be (likely) even more powerful, but as it is the class feels fairly over powered, so there is a lot of leeway in how you trait.
    i do all damage
    at rank 9 all you need to do is get a kill and you get a full heal

but you have 4k health
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070100000beeb0/signature.png]Bigdaddypympstick[/charsig]

Corruptions:

H4P1
    H4P2
    H4D1
    D4P2
    H4D2
    Stealth Detect

Race trait:

Eight legged menace
    Shelob's gift
    Born of Shadow
    Drinker of Blood

Class trait:

Armor boost
    Health boost
    Enhanced PA
    Enhanced TK
    Regen
    Enhanced LP

I too dropped CW because Catch Prey sort of gives me the same benefit.
    [URL]http://www.zazzle.com/cancerpalooza[/URL]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202010000036ae4/signature.png]Nidor[/charsig]

I'm still only rank 4

But so far I am using this setup

H4P1
    H4P2
    H4D1
    H4D2
    CRIT PRO1
    CRIT PRO2

PIERCING ATTACK
    HEALTH BOOST
    STEELWEAVE
    ARMOR BOOST
    TAINTED KISS
    SWIFT WEAVE

I can take a lot of damage and I usually am bait. It's been effective for the most part.

I can't win any 1v1's with this setup, unless the freep is really bad. I can hold out long enough until help arrives and survive.

I might change this out tho once i hit rank 5 and perhaps change to a more damage setup, I am not sure.
    Last edited by zyphentis; Sep 25 2011 at 02:31 PM.

I only ever solo on my Weaver so take this in context... with soloing in mind the argument about low DPS doesn't make so much sense. 10% less DPS = 10% longer to have to survive to kill your opponent.

So the things is with corruptions you should firstly slot against your least important of Morale/Power/Damage. In the case of the Weaver Power is the least necessary. So I will slot all the corruptions against power. HfP 1/2, DfP 1/2. The next important would be Crt Protection 2.

The final corruption slot I always go with Stealth. This is just a personal choice for my playstyle which often involves lying in wait for burglars. Otherwise I would consider CP 1 or possibly even HfD 2.

I never use HfD 1 or DfH 1.

As a melee Weaver I always slot both of the Enhanced attack traits, Armour Boost, Health Boost and Strong Brood.

Come RoI my playstyle may change. The Ranged Pet with it's slow/root, being able to use LK on the move and the ranged VH means I may move from melee to mostly ranged - in which case I would probably drop the Enhance Piercing Attack trait for Enhanced PV.
    [FONT=Tahoma][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggard View Post

So the things is with corruptions you should firstly slot against your least important of Morale/Power/Damage. In the case of the Weaver Power is the least necessary. So I will slot all the corruptions against power. HfP 1/2, DfP 1/2. The next important would be Crt Protection 2.

The final corruption slot I always go with Stealth. This is just a personal choice for my playstyle which often involves lying in wait for burglars. Otherwise I would consider CP 1 or possibly even HfD 2.
    Lately i have been having better luck against burgs and hunters, and i know a big change is coming, but i understand your play style. I would rather wait for a juicy kill myself.

I just got to rank 5 and i am unsure what race skills to go for. Would you mind maybe giving a full setup towards waiting for the right pray to kill it like you talked about?

But maybe it's best to wait until the changes come...

Either way thanks for your info, i appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by zyphentis View Post
    Lately i have been having better luck against burgs and hunters, and i know a big change is coming, but i understand your play style. I would rather wait for a juicy kill myself.

I just got to rank 5 and i am unsure what race skills to go for. Would you mind maybe giving a full setup towards waiting for the right pray to kill it like you talked about?

But maybe it's best to wait until the changes come...

Either way thanks for your info, i appreciate it.
    What I find works best as a build on live(And what I would use in Isen as well) is the following:
    Corruptions:
    Health for power 1/2
    Damage for power 1/2
    Health for damage 2
    Crit protection 2

Class traits:
    Strong brood(Will be replaced with scytode brood in Isen most likely)
    Enhanced latent(The r11 trait)
    Enhanced piercing attack
    Enhanced tainted kiss
    Armour boost
    Health boost
    Feast(Added with Isen)

Racials:
    Eight legged menace
    Born of shadows
    Shelob's gift
    Enemies of the first children
    Ancient as the stars(Added with Isen)

I use this setup for everything I do (I would use the melee pet in raids in Isen, for the poison cloud, the ranged pet for small groups or smaller). It gives you the survivability you need to kill your target, as well as keeping your damage at a decent level. I've suggested the build to other spiders, and they've seen quite an increase in success when it comes to solo fights. We don't get enough impact from traiting full damage compared to full health.

Class traits, I may drop enhanced PA for either the enhanced mez trait or swift weave if common damage becomes as poor as some people are saying. But, I love playing my spider as a hybrid and probably will always do so, so I can't see myself doing so.

The crit defense from ancient as the stars is a huge boon against melees. Shelobs gift, eight legged menace, and born of shadows are all must haves. And enemies of the first children gives you a little more damage and a little more crit. Never a bad thing.

Are there any new thoughts on this issue after tha latest updates?
    Simak-CMP & Exupery-LM (Imladris) & Laskai (Elendilmir Creep) ---[I] It doesn’t matter how slow you go as long as you don’t stop.[/I]

Strong necrophilia in here :O
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2a21c01000010d221/signature.png]Morkorga[/charsig]
    Faileon R10 - Nub Hunter...

[b]Mess with the best, die like the rest.[/b]

Depends on how much audacity you have. I would pick at least two or three crit-prots, adding mits if you are low on audacity. Stacking morale means less than it did when this thread started, though I still pick up HfP2. Anything extra goes into DfP2, followed by masteries if there are extra corruption slots.
    [CENTER][FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=pink]S[SIZE=1]TROZZAPRETI[/SIZE][/COLOR] 10/X6|[COLOR=olive]R[SIZE=1]IGATONI[/SIZE][/COLOR] 8|[COLOR=red]G[SIZE=1]NOCCHI[/SIZE][/COLOR] 7|[COLOR=blue]M[SIZE=1]ACCHERONI[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS] 7|[COLOR=yellow]R[SIZE=1]AVIOLI[/SIZE][/COLOR] 6|[COLOR=orange]F[SIZE=1]USILLI[/SIZE][/COLOR] 6
    A[SIZE=1]STERIX[/SIZE]|C[SIZE=1]HARAKHA[/SIZE]|K[SIZE=1]HAGATAI[/SIZE]|V[SIZE=1]ORO[/SIZE][/FONT]
    Playing on JQ in GW2
    [/CENTER]

Any chance of getting a post U13 build from some vet's out there.
    Mortanah the Unwise, Lvl 100 Champ - Mortasilla, r8 weaver

Quote Originally Posted by Mortal_Effects View Post
    Any chance of getting a post U13 build from some vet's out there.
    Corruptions:
    3 crits
    3 masteries
    3 phys. mits
    3 tact. mits

Class traits:
    Strong brood
    Enhanced Skill: Paralytic Venom
    Enhanced piercing attack
    Enhanced tainted kiss
    Armour boost
    Health boost
    Trapdoor Sanctuary

Racials:
    Eight legged foe
    Born of shadows
    Shelob's gift
    Enemies of the first children
    Ancient as the stars

I use this build all the time raids/groups and 1v1s it works great for me and it fits to my playstyle.
    R12 spider Gosmith,R12 guard Gosmithh