We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Fix the WL bug please

Yes, we know about the issue. No it is not a simple fix. While under perfect conditions this can occur on the live servers, it is not so easy on a test environment. With that said, when looking at the data of those who get into this state there is nothing showing how the code actually changes to let players get in this state.

We are still investigating the this, but as of right now we do not have a resolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Frelorn View Post
    Yes, we know about the issue. No it is not a simple fix. While under perfect conditions this can occur on the live servers, it is not so easy on a test environment. With that said, when looking at the data of those who get into this state there is nothing showing how the code actually changes to let players get in this state.

We are still investigating the this, but as of right now we do not have a resolution.
    We have faith in you Frelorn.

Quote Originally Posted by killerbro View Post
    We have faith in you Frelorn.
    Don't have faith in me, have faith in the Team. I am merely a forum guy, they are the ones doing all the work.

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse32100 View Post
    If everyone disables RP, it significantly reduces the possibility of this happening.
    we've tried that. try coming to BW and asking everyone to turn rp off. it's fun, i tell you. our pop'n is so high that you can't keep track of everyone, not everyone reads the forums, etc. etc. in other words, it's impossible. even the people i've sent tells to specifically to ask them to turn rp off just ignore me. they have some bizarre attachment to having their names in white (which is invisible to them if they're in a kinship/tribe anyway)
    [COLOR=#afeeee]Urtica, redundant captain[/COLOR] - [COLOR=#dda0dd]Brotherhood of the Shadow, Brandywine[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#dda0dd]Toft, small hunter[/COLOR] - [COLOR=#afeeee]Phantom, Brandywine[/COLOR]

Don't have faith in me, have faith in the Team. I am merely a forum guy, they are the ones doing all the work.
    Not sure what is possible for the "Team" but could they not just pick the server with the most bug reports for this particular bug and play or observe what is happening?

Frelorn you may want to get "The Team" intouch with whomever was playing +Mithlug and +WLINVUNERBALE during Moria Beta as they were able to make it happen on demand while I was there helping.

Last edited by Winterfell; Apr 30 2010 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Added "The Team" because Frelorn is just the forum guy :)
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000000c08ff/signature.png]Winterfell[/charsig]

For My BW Brethren or Those Who Love Stick Figures [url=http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=322130] 3 Years of Stick Art [/url]
    R.I.P NIDOR (1970-2012): You shall be missed but never forgotten, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterfell View Post
    Frelorn you may want to get "The Team" intouch with whomever was playing +Mithlug and +WLINVUNERBALE during Moria Beta as they were able to make it happen on demand while I was there helping.
    Indeed. I am pretty sure Jalessa was there observing the fights and commented something to the same effect. (Maybe that was Jalessa on +WLINVERNERABLE?)

Thank you very much for the update.

Looking forward to hearing this is identified/solved/scheduled for a fix some day.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320201000017000a/signature.png]Jesdug[/charsig]

but without the forum guy, we'd all be in the dark
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030000000007e4/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

[B][COLOR=Blue][URL="http://www.oldtimersguild.com/"][U]Old Timers Guild of Gladden[/U][/URL][/COLOR][/B]

[B][COLOR=Blue] [COLOR=DarkRed]Naed[/COLOR] - [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Naedric[/COLOR] - [COLOR=DarkGreen]Naedly[/COLOR] - [COLOR=Orange]Naedz[/COLOR][/COLOR][/B]
    [B][COLOR=Blue] ...you get the pattern [/COLOR][/B]
    [/CENTER]

As you can see the WL bug has happend to a hunter.

Someone CCed him and with all the lag he got the so called "Hunter Bug".

He took advantage of this bug and followed us around and he aggroed the npcs but he still won't die. He either had no idea what was going on or he just figured since he can't be killed he'll just spy on the creeps.

These screenies are just proof that this bug can happen to not just creeps but freeps now. This bug should be if not #1 but on the top 3 bugs to be working on. This really ruins the rvr on Brandywine I can say. So please Turbine focus on fixing this bug!
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

Well, there's some good news with this. It's starting to happen more often to freeps now on Brandywine, so Turbine might actually get off their rear-ends and care about the bug.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020100000d43a5/signature.png]Muzfuz[/charsig]
    Harvester of Sorrow, Elf-bane, Man-slayer, Hobbit-foe, Dwarf-foe, Snitch-killer, Hunter-killer, Lore-master's Foe, Minstrel's Foe, Champion's Foe

[url]http://www.combatparser.com[/url]

I've got a suggestion, what if Turbine tested out the Moors as a no RP/ANON zone. I mean if they disable cosmetics, why not just attempt to forced RP/ANON off when a person enters? At least that will give some test data.

I understand that attempting to reproduce this in a controlled environment is near impossible on a live server, since you need enough people to cause lag, and specific event's to occur. Unless the test server's code for the moors is exactly the same as live, there's no guarantee that attempting reproduction of the bug will occur. I see the frustration from both sides. The sheer number of factors that have to be taken into account, traiting, buffs, equipment, lag, attack types, classes involved. Thats a massive amount of data to be sifted through.

On the other hand, if the war leaders stopped sleeping with the wargs, or took flea baths, maybe they wouldn't have bugs at all.
    [center]Before there were graphics
    Imagination was the key
    Out of the MUDS crawled The Original
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000000c5663/01007/signature.png]Sporati[/charsig][/center]

After some pretty hardcore testing on BW we found that the RP tag has nothing to do with it.
    Alex Hawke - Karolina

Quote Originally Posted by AroJay View Post
    The WL bug happens when bad server lag and the plethora of freep CC abilities somehow combine to put a WL in a postion where he is partially stuck in a combat state, still able to move, but not taking any damage. They also can't use any abilities, including auto-attack. They'll be stuck in the animation of whatever CC was the last to hit. So if it was a mez, they'll be in that head-down pose. If it was a knockdown, they'll be stuck kneeling. Either way, they slide around the map when moving. If it was a fear, they'll run like normal.

When you go to log off, it'll take often upwards of 15 minutes to actually reach the login screen. If you kill the client before that point, the wait usually will be on the front end when you go to log in.
    really? ive never gotten that on my WL here in landy...

honestly though the way you just explained it makes it sound cool lol, if not even the one shotters can kill you itll be fun to run around messing with ppl in GV
    I do it for the lulz. ~SnH~
    People @ turbine/WB are a huge tease, but dont worry they end up screwing you on every update/expansion.
    " When enough scrubs get together, they accomplish great things "

Quote Originally Posted by sebo2yoface View Post
    really? ive never gotten that on my WL here in landy...

honestly though the way you just explained it makes it sound cool lol, if not even the one shotters can kill you itll be fun to run around messing with ppl in GV

From my experience, the third ingredience for WL bug is grouping/raiding. Solo WLs dont get that.

You will never enter GV, there is a gate (same as for Gramfoot)

Most cases, the bug makes the WL unable to use his skills. He can tank NPCs and do some havoc that way, but thats all. It is _not_ cool.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2