We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

my.lotro / forum account name change

Would it be possible to apply for one?

Alot of people do not like their forum/my.lotro account names
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0120300000010bd0a/01003/signature.png]Vorcil[/charsig]

main - [url]http://my.lotro.com/character/gladden/vorcil/[/url]

Re: my.lotro / forum account name change

Normally you could use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom to send a request to the forum folks. However, due to issues that changing forum names was having on the my.lotro.com site, they have suspended forum name changes. Still have not seen anything indicating that they were allowing it again.
    "Everyone's got one. Better to be a smart one than a dumb one." - me
    "It's people like you that [I]think[/I] you know everything that give those of us that [I]do[/I] a bad name." - me
    "Eat, drink, and be Merry, 'cause Pippin was a fool of a Took."

Well I think it's about time they fix it!!!

i'm going to contact them at the bottom to see if i can anyway.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0120300000010bd0a/01003/signature.png]Vorcil[/charsig]

main - [url]http://my.lotro.com/character/gladden/vorcil/[/url]

Has anyone figured out how to do this yet? I'd like to alter mine so it's the same as it is on all other forums I visit.

[color=pink]Some must fight, so that all may be free.[/color]

I got a forum rename a couple of years ago by writing a PM to one of the mods. Sorry, I don't remember which one it was.
    [CENTER][SIZE=2][I][COLOR=plum]Katrinn [/COLOR][COLOR=darkorchid]~ 65 min[/COLOR] [COLOR=darkorchid]~ [COLOR=plum]Kathrinn & Kithrynn[/COLOR] ~ 62 hunt[/COLOR] [COLOR=plum][COLOR=darkorchid]~[/COLOR] Codis [/COLOR][COLOR=darkorchid]~ 61 champ[/COLOR] [COLOR=darkorchid]~ [COLOR=plum]Rynlas[/COLOR] ~ 61 lm [/COLOR][/I][/SIZE][I][SIZE=2][COLOR=purple][COLOR=plum][COLOR=darkorchid]~[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/I][I][SIZE=2][COLOR=purple][COLOR=plum] Punkture [COLOR=darkorchid]~ 65 burg[/COLOR] [/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=plum]~ Aylah[/COLOR][COLOR=darkorchid] ~ 61 capt [COLOR=plum]~ Hadlee[/COLOR] ~ 65 ward ~ [COLOR=plum]Council[/COLOR] ~ 46 rk[/COLOR][/SIZE][/I][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=Purple][I][B][COLOR=darkorchid]
    [/COLOR][/B][/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][COLOR=DarkOrchid][I][FONT=Arial]"Within minutes, the undead traitors claimed rule of the kingdom and began a reign of terror so vile that even Sauron considered it, quote, 'A little much'."[/FONT][/I][/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

We are not currently able to assist with community (forum/my.lotro) renames.

We are working to update this, but don't have any news yet.
    LOTRO Support Page & Knowledge Base
    To request support from a Customer Service Agent, simply click on "Submit a Ticket"
    English Account/Store Support is available Monday through Friday from 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm. (GMT -5). 855-WBGAMES (855-924-2637)

Contact us on Twitter @LOTRO

OK, Victorie, it's not terribly urgent, just something I wondered about. Thank you for the reply.

[color=pink]Some must fight, so that all may be free.[/color]

AW: my.lotro / forum account name change

Lots of EU-players have used their german/french Codemasters nickname also for second account at Turbine. After transfer are the main accounts also Turbine accounts. Using the old forum name for the transfered account isn't possible because of it is used for second account.
    Please make the forum names changeable!

Unhappy Still waiting

I too would like to change my display name to something far more suitable. Just wondering if this is a dead horse I am kicking at?

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoDad View Post
    I too would like to change my display name to something far more suitable. Just wondering if this is a dead horse I am kicking at?
    There is no way to change your display name. No indication that Turbine will every allow display name changes. Choose wisely when picking a display name during account creation.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Holy necro! Thread closed as a necro. If you have a strong reason why you need to have your Community Name changed (the forum name, not the account user name) get in touch with Community/Forum Support through support.turbine.com. Thanks!