We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 173
  1. #26

    Re: Weaver need a range slow

    Quote Originally Posted by KillGore81 View Post
    Sure. Then captains can be given one as well.

    See how I did that?
    Not that it matters, but they have a pet that can hinder. Doh!

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    5,157

    Re: Weaver need a range slow

    Weavers need nothing - other than having TK's tick lowered significantly.

  3. #28

    Re: Weaver need a range slow

    Weavers are fine and with their runspeed don't need a slow.
    [B][COLOR=cyan][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/06205000000039d09/signature.png]Viloxus[/charsig]
    8-time Grand Champion Guinness Drinker[/COLOR][/B]
    [SIZE=2][B][COLOR=silver]June 2008 model in "Failmasters of 2008" Calendar[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][SIZE=2]
    [B][COLOR=green]Making the world a better place one less pair of pants at a time :p [/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Posts
    13,404

    Re: Weaver need a range slow

    Lay down your web and then use your super speed... Voila!!! Ranged slow!!
    Jeffaman-Guarding Hobbit Jeffro-Burgling Hobbit Tinulaurien-Elf Lore Master Cephus-Champion of Men Lilnooblet-Hunting Hobbit Jeffrandir-Snooty Elf Rune-keeper- All of Brandywine
    Long live the halflings! Praise them with great praise!
    RIP Nidor - Brandywine's bravest warrior


  5. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    I'm too drunk to taste this chicken
    Posts
    1,485

    Re: Weaver need a range slow

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCrusher View Post
    Not that it matters, but they have a pet that can hinder. Doh!
    Yep, and I knew that when I made my original post. I was just wondering how long it would take for someone to mention it like any captain would actually use it. So, you're right... it doesn't matter.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    399

    Re: Weaver need a range slow

    Im not saying WTE is not good anough. Spider is a CC classe, so im supose to do CC, but its also a dmg over time classe wich is not good for CC cause it alwes break it. spider have only one attack that is not DOT or draining power. Draining power and DOT are removing root and mez. So how do a spider supose to do good CC. To me it sounds like its working agains ourself. Even with the stealweave web the root breake like toilette paper..

    Hunter can AOE root you and kill you without breaking the root!!!! If you dont see an issue here i dont understand you.

    So thats why im asking for a slow cause it dont break on dmg it would be bether for a dmg over time classe. Remove AOE root and single root to give a slow.

    And for the run speed in combat, it dosent make a huge difference since all freeps can spam slow on you expet the captain.

    If some of you are geting obset with WTE thats your opinion, but im sur i could make a bether use of a single ranged slow instead of all thos Root mez.

    WTE dont last to long its more an escape skill too me. Yes you can go in melee Slow every body than Trapdoor to wait the time you gonna get kill. But i would like to be able to change skill in trait line for some thing els.

    This could be for other classe and other skill too.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0100000c00e2/signature.png]Tipere[/charsig]
    The Godfather

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    South Cackalacky
    Posts
    6,800

    Re: Weaver need a range slow

    First, let me say that I disagree with the OP. I don't believe we need a ranged slow. WTE is a good slow, and essentially has a range of 10m because of it's AOE.

    Second, for those who place it upon some mega pedestal and are bashing the OP I think you are being disingenuous as well.

    Freeps have sprint skills that allow them to ignore the short slow of WTE or their sprint lasts long enough to more than make up for the lost ground due to the slow. Some even have the ability to be completely immune while in their sprint to any CC other than a CJ. Freeps also have ranged slows and fears that effectively negate the speed boost of the Weaver racial trait. There are some pretty effective ranged slows, that last a lot longer than the 10 second WTE slow, freeps can bring to bear.

    I see it every night...I get run down all the time by sprinting freeps, or because of ranged slows and fears, even after dropping WTE. I see freeps escaping from me plenty because they have a sprint or skill that makes them immune to any ranged cc I can bring to bear, and they are far enough away from me to be outside the effective AOE if I chase and drop WTE.

    I won't lie and say WTE is worthless. it is very valuable. I love it, I use it, and I like it as it is. However, it's also not some Zeus among the pantheon of skills either. It's not a guaranteed getaway...it can be effectively negated by counter-slows and fears (or CC of any sort), by skills that give freeps a speed boost lasting longer than the slow, by snares that can be applied to a creep lasting longer than the WTE slow, etc.

    However, the idea of converting a root to a ranged slow is interesting. IMO ranged slows are even better than ranged roots/mezzes because snares are not subject to DR. The OP mentions it being a high ranked skill (as a possibility for change and to temper it's potency).

    I could see a TRAIT that would need to be burned that would convert the rank 9 skill Grasping Web, which is the 3 target max, aoe Root, with a 40m range, 7m AOE radius, into a 3 target slow.

    using some of the ranged slows Freeps have as a model, I think this would be a fair tradeoff:

    Slowing Web
    3 target max
    7m radius
    40m range
    30s duration
    applies a 15% slow to your target(s)

    make it a rank 10 or 11 trait and I think that would be a fair balance.
    [URL]http://www.zazzle.com/cancerpalooza[/URL]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202010000036ae4/signature.png]Nidor[/charsig]

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    399

    Re: Weaver need a range slow

    Quote Originally Posted by NYSEguy1970 View Post
    First, let me say that I disagree with the OP. I don't believe we need a ranged slow. WTE is a good slow, and essentially has a range of 10m because of it's AOE.

    Second, for those who place it upon some mega pedestal and are bashing the OP I think you are being disingenuous as well.

    Freeps have sprint skills that allow them to ignore the short slow of WTE or their sprint lasts long enough to more than make up for the lost ground due to the slow. Some even have the ability to be completely immune while in their sprint to any CC other than a CJ. Freeps also have ranged slows and fears that effectively negate the speed boost of the Weaver racial trait. There are some pretty effective ranged slows, that last a lot longer than the 10 second WTE slow, freeps can bring to bear.

    I see it every night...I get run down all the time by sprinting freeps, or because of ranged slows and fears, even after dropping WTE. I see freeps escaping from me plenty because they have a sprint or skill that makes them immune to any ranged cc I can bring to bear, and they are far enough away from me to be outside the effective AOE if I chase and drop WTE.

    I won't lie and say WTE is worthless. it is very valuable. I love it, I use it, and I like it as it is. However, it's also not some Zeus among the pantheon of skills either. It's not a guaranteed getaway...it can be effectively negated by counter-slows and fears (or CC of any sort), by skills that give freeps a speed boost lasting longer than the slow, by snares that can be applied to a creep lasting longer than the WTE slow, etc.

    However, the idea of converting a root to a ranged slow is interesting. IMO ranged slows are even better than ranged roots/mezzes because snares are not subject to DR. The OP mentions it being a high ranked skill (as a possibility for change and to temper it's potency).

    I could see a TRAIT that would need to be burned that would convert the rank 9 skill Grasping Web, which is the 3 target max, aoe Root, with a 40m range, 7m AOE radius, into a 3 target slow.

    using some of the ranged slows Freeps have as a model, I think this would be a fair tradeoff:

    Slowing Web
    3 target max
    7m radius
    40m range
    30s duration
    applies a 15% slow to your target(s)

    make it a rank 10 or 11 trait and I think that would be a fair balance.
    Thx you! you understand and explain what i wanted to say bether than i could.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0100000c00e2/signature.png]Tipere[/charsig]
    The Godfather

  9. #34

    Re: Weaver need a range slow

    Quote Originally Posted by KillGore81 View Post
    like any captain would actually use it.
    I've seen many captains use it, actually.

  10. #35

    Re: Weaver need a range slow

    Quote Originally Posted by NYSEguy1970 View Post
    Freeps have sprint skills that allow them to ignore the short slow of WTE or their sprint lasts long enough to more than make up for the lost ground due to the slow. Some even have the ability to be completely immune while in their sprint to any CC other than a CJ. Freeps also have ranged slows and fears that effectively negate the speed boost of the Weaver racial trait. There are some pretty effective ranged slows, that last a lot longer than the 10 second WTE slow, freeps can bring to bear.

    I see it every night...I get run down all the time by sprinting freeps, or because of ranged slows and fears, even after dropping WTE. I see freeps escaping from me plenty because they have a sprint or skill that makes them immune to any ranged cc I can bring to bear, and they are far enough away from me to be outside the effective AOE if I chase and drop WTE.
    Seriously? Some freeps have sprint skills that negate slows, however, NONE of the sprints make them immune to any sort of CC - it is a seperate skill that champs have(ONE class), and it comes at a fairly large cost. Also...a 50% slow is a HUGE slow. If you are being run down by freeps after this it is likely a zerg and you should die anyways. WtE has a very large radius as well...so saying freeps run around it and still catch you and you are complaining: you simply want godmode. How is giving an extra slow going solve that problem especially when you have to face the target to use it? An aoe root would be MUCH better than the AOE slow you suggest...because chances are they will be on a mount...and they will have to dismount to remove the root and you effectively gain distance >>> slow.

    The only reason you really gave for switching out an AoE root for an AoE slow is freeps run away. However...if you AoE root them it gives you that extra time for you or someone else to catch up to them and slow them. Really, it should be the BAs job to slow them if at range, and melee should always have a slow on the targets (if in range of course). What about if it is a freep class with a sprint that negates slows that is fleeing and you want to catch?...well then you'd be better off rooting it so it doesn't get away! How ironic, isn't it?

    If a class uses its sprint on you in a 1vs1, spiders have ways round it. They can simply burrow and wait for their sprint to be over with, come up and lay WtE.

    SO again...there really isn't one valid reason why your root should be changed to a slow. Not to mention, your biggest rant was about freeps having sprint skills that negate slows: sadly, creep classes have the same ability.
    Last edited by timmyloo22546; Apr 13 2010 at 10:06 PM.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    South Cackalacky
    Posts
    6,800

    Re: Weaver need a range slow

    Quote Originally Posted by timmyloo22546 View Post
    Seriously? Some freeps have sprint skills that negate slows, however, NONE of the sprints make them immune to any sort of CC - it is a seperate skill that champs have(ONE class), and it comes at a fairly large cost. Also...a 50% slow is a HUGE slow. If you are being run down by freeps after this it is likely a zerg and you should die anyways. WtE has a very large radius as well...so saying freeps run around it and still catch you and you are complaining: you simply want godmode. How is giving an extra slow going solve that problem especially when you have to face the target to use it? An aoe root would be MUCH better than the AOE slow you suggest...because chances are they will be on a mount...and they will have to dismount to remove the root and you effectively gain distance >>> slow.

    The only reason you really gave for switching out an AoE root for an AoE slow is freeps run away. However...if you AoE root them it gives you that extra time for you or someone else to catch up to them and slow them. Really, it should be the BAs job to slow them if at range, and melee should always have a slow on the targets (if in range of course). What about if it is a freep class with a sprint that negates slows that is fleeing and you want to catch?...well then you'd be better off rooting it so it doesn't get away! How ironic, isn't it?

    If a class uses its sprint on you in a 1vs1, spiders have ways round it. They can simply burrow and wait for their sprint to be over with, come up and lay WtE.

    SO again...there really isn't one valid reason why your root should be changed to a slow. Not to mention, your biggest rant was about freeps having sprint skills that negate slows: sadly, creep classes have the same ability.
    Please, my post was far from a rant....you however have provided an excellent example. Thank you for that.

    I merely was toning down the hyperbole that you seem to want to continue about the 'godmode' wte slow.

    my post essentially is that while it's a great skill, and powerful in it's own way, it's far from some godmode slow.

    with ranged slows freeps can even the playing field quite easily, and freeps don't have any shortage of ranged slows.

    50% slow is big. for 10 seconds...that is short, and a proper temper to it's power.

    As an example, Anthem of the Wizards is a 40m ranged slow. It's only a 30% slow, but it's duration is 45 seconds. The longer duration more than makes up for the lower %, making Anthem of the Wizards quite powerful in it's own right.

    So, again, my point, which you seemed to have missed, is that freeps have skills and such that can and do temper the power of WTE quite effectively. Does it do so all the time, no, but IMO it's well balanced....and I see it in practice because sometimes I still get slowed, and run down while being chased after dropping WTE, and sometimes I am able to get away.

    So, please continue to rant and froth and read into my post that i'm asking for godmode. I am not. i've been playing a weaver for a very long time and know full well how powerful we are...which is why I indicated that I don't think we NEED a slow in the first sentences of my original post. Perhaps you should reread that instead of taking a part of my post out of context to support your rant.

    However, if we were to get a ranged slow, which presents an interesting 'what if', I would like to see something along the lines of what I suggested. essentially sacrifice the aoe root, for an aoe slow with a trait slot and the slow being longer in duration but not nearly as much of a slow in magnitude.
    [URL]http://www.zazzle.com/cancerpalooza[/URL]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202010000036ae4/signature.png]Nidor[/charsig]

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Adelaide SA
    Posts
    1,081

    Re: Weaver need a range slow

    Like its already been said, a spiders increased run speed acts as a universal unlimited range slow. Any rank5+ weaver that thinks they need a slow needs to have a serious look at their skill set
    [url=http://postimg.org/image/l3zh8so1j/][img]http://s7.postimg.org/l3zh8so1j/cheeky_fox.jpg[/img][/url]

  13. #38

    Re: Weaver need a range slow

    Quote Originally Posted by NYSEguy1970 View Post
    with ranged slows freeps can even the playing field quite easily, and freeps don't have any shortage of ranged slows..
    There is this class on creepside called the Blackarrow. It has a 40%, 40m ranged slow which can be easily reapplied. Creeps don't have any shortage of ranged slows either which you seem to imply. It helps if you take off the blindfold

    Quote Originally Posted by NYSEguy1970 View Post
    So, again, my point, which you seemed to have missed, is that freeps have skills and such that can and do temper the power of WTE quite effectively. Does it do so all the time, no, but IMO it's well balanced....and I see it in practice because sometimes I still get slowed, and run down while being chased after dropping WTE, and sometimes I am able to get away.
    There are these classes called Wargs and Reavers on creepside that have a 200% runspeed immune to CC (except CJs). Many times LMs lay down tar, but sometimes it just doesn't work against godmode wargs and reavers that pop their godmode skills!

    Quote Originally Posted by NYSEguy1970 View Post
    However, if we were to get a ranged slow, which presents an interesting 'what if', I would like to see something along the lines of what I suggested. essentially sacrifice the aoe root, for an aoe slow with a trait slot and the slow being longer in duration but not nearly as much of a slow in magnitude.
    Why is it you want a ranged slow again? None of your posts make any sense to why spiders should have another slow in addition to WtE. And please don't say you don't want your spider to have another ranged slow, you been offering your suggestions to what the spider slows could be. If you didn't want them to have one, you'd simply say "i don't think they need a ranged slow" and leave it at that, eh
    Last edited by timmyloo22546; Apr 14 2010 at 12:36 AM.

  14. #39
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    130

    Re: Weaver need a range slow

    Quote Originally Posted by timmyloo22546 View Post
    It is definately worth laughing about. Giving a weaver a ranged slow on top of WtE?! seriously? You have to remember that weavers already get +10% incombat runspeed and can DoT on the move, has a CJ, mez, hatchlings, power drain.

    How about this...take away the spider's root, and give them a 10% slow on a 10s duration 1 min cooldown with a 1.5s induction.

    Wow... except for some minor changes you just described a LM... but you failed to mention the LMs much higher AoE DPS, more Stuns/Mezes and roots, LMs tar lasts longer, oh yes and LMs can heal.

    I'm not gonna argue the fact at higher ranks the weavers can be OP, but so are a few freep classes (no rank needed).

    I can agree with Tip in changing the WtE to be just like LMs tar, and adding a ranged slow.

  15. #40
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    130

    Re: Weaver need a range slow

    Quote Originally Posted by timmyloo22546 View Post
    There is this class on creepside called the Blackarrow. It has a 40%, 40m ranged slow which can be easily reapplied. Creeps don't have any shortage of ranged slows either which you seem to imply. It helps if you take off the blindfold
    Ok, you should really take of your blindfold and re-read what you wrote. Blackarrows have a ranged slow. A pretty good one I gotta say, but just Blackarrows. Compared to at least 3 freep classes that have ranged slows, how is it not a shortage? Not all creeps carry a pocket BA.

    Quote Originally Posted by timmyloo22546 View Post
    There are these classes called Wargs and Reavers on creepside that have a 200% runspeed immune to CC (except CJs). Many times LMs lay down tar, but sometimes it just doesn't work against godmode wargs and reavers that pop their godmode skills!
    Now I can't speak for Reavers as I haven't played one, but wargs like champs and guards using sprint are NOT immune to CC (stun/mez, root or CJ) but do bypass slows. Also the reaver charge is not useable in combat.

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Posts
    13,404

    Re: Weaver need a range slow

    All I know is that when I play RvR I am always slowed-always. We don't need anything else to slow us down, stun us or grey out all our skills. Enough is enough.
    Jeffaman-Guarding Hobbit Jeffro-Burgling Hobbit Tinulaurien-Elf Lore Master Cephus-Champion of Men Lilnooblet-Hunting Hobbit Jeffrandir-Snooty Elf Rune-keeper- All of Brandywine
    Long live the halflings! Praise them with great praise!
    RIP Nidor - Brandywine's bravest warrior


  17. #42
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    South Cackalacky
    Posts
    6,800

    Re: Weaver need a range slow

    Quote Originally Posted by timmyloo22546 View Post
    There is this class on creepside called the Blackarrow. It has a 40%, 40m ranged slow which can be easily reapplied. Creeps don't have any shortage of ranged slows either which you seem to imply. It helps if you take off the blindfold
    the only ranged slow creeps have, but it is effective no doubt. I believe that there are more than one freep class capable of ranged slows. Off the top of my head I can think of RKs, LMs, Minis, and Hunters...interesting...most of the typically viewed 'ranged classes or hybrid ranged classes' on freepside have ranged slows. Some of those classes even have melee range AOE slows in addition to the ranged slow. Therefore, there is precedent for a class to have both a ranged slow in addition to a melee slow. IMO it's not that far fetched to suggest that it might be something to CONSIDER on creepside.

    however, please continue with the hyperbole about MY blindfold. I love irony.



    There are these classes called Wargs and Reavers on creepside that have a 200% runspeed immune to CC (except CJs). Many times LMs lay down tar, but sometimes it just doesn't work against godmode wargs and reavers that pop their godmode skills!
    AFAIK CJs are CC, therefore to state that wargs and reavers are immune then add an 'exception' means that they are not immune.

    I always pay my bills on time, except when I pay them late....ROFL, yeah...keep ranting.

    Additionally, wargs are not immune to any CC when sprinting, so again you are presenting an inaccurate point.

    Why is it you want a ranged slow again? None of your posts make any sense to why spiders should have another slow in addition to WtE.
    I don't WANT a ranged slow, though it would be nice to have one. I get along fine, but what I would like is a choice and some flexibility. there is a difference between 'need' and 'like'. I need a vehicle to get to work. I'd like to have a XKE, but I don't need one to get to work. My current truck works fine. I know that is a subtle difference that may be lost on you, but I believe others may understand.

    And please don't say you don't want your spider to have another ranged slow, you been offering your suggestions to what the spider slows could be. If you didn't want them to have one, you'd simply say "i don't think they need a ranged slow" and leave it at that, eh
    actually I offer my suggestion (singular, as I don't believe i've offered muttiple suggestions of ranged slows that would be interesting to ponder for a weaver) as an 'academic exercise'. It may be lost on you, but sometimes it's interesting to muse over 'what if' scenarios and exercise your mind a bit. You may have even engaged it the practice yourself if you've ever bought a lottery ticket and started to think how you would spend the money if you won, even it the drawing didn't take place yet and you know you really are probably not going to win.
    [URL]http://www.zazzle.com/cancerpalooza[/URL]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202010000036ae4/signature.png]Nidor[/charsig]

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,820

    Re: Weaver need a range slow

    Quote Originally Posted by Morihei View Post
    Ok, you should really take of your blindfold and re-read what you wrote. Blackarrows have a ranged slow. A pretty good one I gotta say, but just Blackarrows. Compared to at least 3 freep classes that have ranged slows, how is it not a shortage? Not all creeps carry a pocket BA.
    Not all minstrels slot Anthem of the Wizards legendary. On top of that, not all minstrels slot Glorious Anthem to increase the duration of Anthem of the Wizards from 30 seconds to 45 seconds (this is for you NYSEguy). And lastly, not all runekeepers slot Icy Discourse to reapply the slow at 30% if the 70% is negated from damage (which if creeps are smart, would just use a root pot to damage themselves to get out of the slow).

    And just like creeps, not all freeps carry pocket minstrels, hunters, or runekeepers. It's both ways my friend.

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    South Cackalacky
    Posts
    6,800

    Re: Weaver need a range slow

    Quote Originally Posted by Megas View Post
    Not all minstrels slot Anthem of the Wizards legendary. On top of that, not all minstrels slot Glorious Anthem to increase the duration of Anthem of the Wizards from 30 seconds to 45 seconds (this is for you NYSEguy). And lastly, not all runekeepers slot Icy Discourse to reapply the slow at 30% if the 70% is negated from damage (which if creeps are smart, would just use a root pot to damage themselves to get out of the slow).

    And just like creeps, not all freeps carry pocket minstrels, hunters, or runekeepers. It's both ways my friend.
    Thanks for the clarification. So you have to slot a legendary to use the Anthem of the Wizards? I thought it was a regular skill that had a (30) second slow. The extra 15 seconds is only if Glorius Anthem is slotted. I understand now. However, i wasn't aware that AotW required a legendary to use as well, I thought it was just a straight up skill.

    I will say that I have not run into a single RK in the ettens that doesn't slot for the slow however. It may be 'optional' but in practical terms, I don't see RKs coming into the ettens w/o it slotted so therefore it's nearly a given slow in the freep repotoir. I also thought the root pot damage thing was a bug, so I would think that would get fixed at some point down the road.
    [URL]http://www.zazzle.com/cancerpalooza[/URL]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202010000036ae4/signature.png]Nidor[/charsig]

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    399

    Re: Weaver need a range slow

    Like i said, the Weaver is a DOT classe wich is not good when you try to mez or root,the root is alwes geting broken, even with stealweave web the root is still realy easy to break. The trait could give more resistance to the root instead of extending the duratioin of the clining and entangling web.

    If weaver could have a bether root with the traits sloted, this could be good. But right now spider root is ****. So thats why i came with the idea of a ranged slow.

    And on top of that, the weaver do a lot of litle dmg and thos litle dmg have a chance to break the root, its not like the hunter that can trow you 3 shot of around 300 dmg each with one skill and the root stil on you.

    Even the reflect dmg can break the root. Stealweave web need to be changed for more resistance for the root like a 1/6 chance to break on dmg. Than we would not need a slow i guess.

    Or when the root break, it could snare the target for the reste of the root duration. This is my favorite idea.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0100000c00e2/signature.png]Tipere[/charsig]
    The Godfather

  21. #46

    Re: Weaver need a range slow

    Quote Originally Posted by NYSEguy1970 View Post
    the only ranged slow creeps have, but it is effective no doubt. I believe that there are more than one freep class capable of ranged slows. Off the top of my head I can think of RKs, LMs, Minis, and Hunters...interesting...most of the typically viewed 'ranged classes or hybrid ranged classes' on freepside have ranged slows. Some of those classes even have melee range AOE slows in addition to the ranged slow. Therefore, there is precedent for a class to have both a ranged slow in addition to a melee slow. IMO it's not that far fetched to suggest that it might be something to CONSIDER on creepside..
    Wrong -- Defilers also have a ranged slow. Just because fewer classes have a slow doesn't mean creepside is short of slows. See below.


    Quote Originally Posted by NYSEguy1970 View Post
    AFAIK CJs are CC, therefore to state that wargs and reavers are immune then add an 'exception' means that they are not immune. Additionally, wargs are not immune to any CC when sprinting, so again you are presenting an inaccurate point.
    My apologies, i meant to put slows and not CC. And reavers are immune to every form of CC except one which means they are IMMUNE to all the CC I was refering to. I never said they are immune to CJs which is far less common to happen to a reaver than a freep.

    Quote Originally Posted by NYSEguy1970 View Post
    I always pay my bills on time, except when I pay them late....ROFL, yeah...keep ranting.
    It would be more likely that a person would say "Except for one time I was a day late, i've paid all my bills on time for the last 5 years." It helps if you pick reasonable examples for your argument if you want it to hold any weight. And if you can't find a reasonable example, it is likely because your argument isn't reasonable



    Quote Originally Posted by NYSEguy1970 View Post
    I don't WANT a ranged slow, though it would be nice to have one. I get along fine, but what I would like is a choice and some flexibility. there is a difference between 'need' and 'like'. I need a vehicle to get to work. I'd like to have a XKE, but I don't need one to get to work. My current truck works fine. I know that is a subtle difference that may be lost on you, but I believe others may understand..
    You said you don't WANT a ranged slow. Your example is fail. Saying "you'd like to have" and saying you "want" it is the same thing. The only thing you have to consider is whether it is feasible to have. If you do not want something and were offered it, you'd simply say "no i don't want that." If someone offered you a bag full of puke, would you be like "well I don't want it or need it, but i'll take it anyways." However, if you wanted something that you couldn't quite afford, but someone offered it to you for free, you would gladly take it (you WANTED it).


    Quote Originally Posted by Morihei View Post
    Ok, you should really take of your blindfold and re-read what you wrote. Blackarrows have a ranged slow. A pretty good one I gotta say, but just Blackarrows. Compared to at least 3 freep classes that have ranged slows, how is it not a shortage? Not all creeps carry a pocket BA..
    My point stands. Not all freeps carry a pocket class that has an effective ranged slow either. I don't think you realize what it means to have a shortage. Pretend EVERY creep class had a ranged slow and EVERY freep class has two ranged slows. No matter if you solo'd or grouped, you'd always have a ranged slow -- but because freeps have twice as many ranged slows, that in no way shape or form means creeps have a shortage of slows because freeps have more.

    Quote Originally Posted by Morihei View Post
    Also the reaver charge is not useable in combat.
    Well the OP wanted a slow because freeps seem to get away (aka run away) -- and when freeps are fleeing there is a great chance a reaver can drop combat and get charge off. So again...there are multiple classes on creepside that have a sprint that negates slows to catch targets even through tar, just like freepside has.

  22. #47

    Re: Weaver need a range slow

    Quote Originally Posted by ti-pere3 View Post
    Like i said, the Weaver is a DOT classe wich is not good when you try to mez or root,the root is alwes geting broken, even with stealweave web the root is still realy easy to break. The trait could give more resistance to the root instead of extending the duratioin of the clining and entangling web.

    If weaver could have a bether root with the traits sloted, this could be good. But right now spider root is ****. So thats why i came with the idea of a ranged slow.

    And on top of that, the weaver do a lot of litle dmg and thos litle dmg have a chance to break the root, its not like the hunter that can trow you 3 shot of around 300 dmg each with one skill and the root stil on you.

    Even the reflect dmg can break the root. Stealweave web need to be changed for more resistance for the root like a 1/6 chance to break on dmg. Than we would not need a slow i guess.

    Or when the root break, it could snare the target for the reste of the root duration. This is my favorite idea.
    Why would you ROOT a target that you are dotting up or focus firing? You know roots will break fairly quick on damage. Instead...find something off to the side and root that instead. Or definsively/offensively -- if your WL is trying to kite - use your AoE root on the melee attacking/interrupting him. Make them use pots because I know not all freeps use pots, or could simply be on CD. When you learn how to use roots effectively, it can feel like a godsend.

    It really sounds like you are asking for a stun, not a root. If targets are trying to run, any decent creep will know not to break roots if no one else is ready to slow it. If they aren't running...you can easily lay WtE, or chances are another creep will have a slow on the target being attacked.

    Why is it the spider root seems to be the only problem and not the mez? A spider mez is the exact same thing as far as causing targets to be immobile. You don't seem to have an issue with that in any of your posts especially when targets are fleeing. So why is it the root should be turned into a snare and not the mez? (btw, I don't agree in turning either of those into a snare)

  23. #48
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    450

    Re: Weaver need a range slow

    I don't think we need a slow... However, I could even be more OP if we got one

    Simply wait until you are out of combat and use a run pot if you need to catch up to someone. Sure some will get away, but what fun would it be if no one got away?
    [CENTER][COLOR=olive][COLOR=black][SIZE=1][COLOR=white]Linkith[/COLOR] [COLOR=lime]R6 Captain [/COLOR][COLOR=lime][COLOR=#000000][COLOR=white]Shiekk[/COLOR] [/COLOR][COLOR=lime]R4 Burglar[COLOR=white] Quinton [/COLOR][COLOR=lime]R8 Minstrel [/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][SIZE=1][COLOR=white][COLOR=red]Ileechu[/COLOR] [/COLOR][COLOR=lime]R9 Weaver[COLOR=red] Ihe[/COLOR][COLOR=red]elu[/COLOR] R4 Defiler[/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    8,332

    Re: Weaver need a range slow

    110% in combat run speed is essentially like having a 10% snare on everyone who has to run at 100%.

    So no.
    There may come a time for valor without renown, for those without swords may surely still die upon them.


  25. #50
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    130

    Re: Weaver need a range slow

    Quote Originally Posted by Megas View Post
    Not all minstrels slot Anthem of the Wizards legendary. On top of that, not all minstrels slot Glorious Anthem to increase the duration of Anthem of the Wizards from 30 seconds to 45 seconds (this is for you NYSEguy). And lastly, not all runekeepers slot Icy Discourse to reapply the slow at 30% if the 70% is negated from damage (which if creeps are smart, would just use a root pot to damage themselves to get out of the slow).
    It is true Mintrels need to trait AotW, but I was reffering to LMs, Hunters and RKs (in the moors an RK without Icy Discourse is as common as a hunter without RoT) but thank you for clarifying the AotW, that tallies it at 4 freeps that can range slow to 2 creeps.
    Not to mention the power level of the slows, in regard to their CD. Hntr and BA prettymuch pretty much balance out. If traited RK and Defiler slow are pretty balanced. But no ones ranged slow compares to LMs burning ember.

    Quote Originally Posted by Megas View Post
    And just like creeps, not all freeps carry pocket minstrels, hunters, or runekeepers. It's both ways my friend.
    Yes it does go both ways, to a point. a creep is far more likely to come across one of the 4 mentioned freeps.

 

 
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload