We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Level 30 quest question

I've been reading some quest guides for the level 30 quest, and they all say the mobs are lower level. When I go in to do the quest, however, all the mobs are level 30. I'm having trouble dealing with 4 level 30 mobs at a time- am I just undergeared, or am I missing something.

Re: Level 30 quest question

To put it mildly, that quest is TRICKY. Don't be afraid to feed your herald to the hounds, lol.

And watch those blind corners.

Oh the helmet you get is really cool. Like a Samurai helmet. I had it as a cosmetic for a long time after that.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c00000012e209/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [I]"He knows not to what end he rides; yet if he knew, he would still go on."[/I]

Quote Originally Posted by Nardian View Post
    And watch those blind corners.

Oh the helmet you get is really cool. Like a Samurai helmet. I had it as a cosmetic for a long time after that.
    damn I thought I was the only one...it's still in my vault after 2 years
    Kraken, Thesungodra

It's still the cosmetic on my main Captain. I got it again on my new Captain just a few weeks ago and it will probably remain her cosmetic, too. That helm is just too cool looking to not keep.
    Narlinde, level 100 Minstrel, Rank 11, Member of Trucido ~ Windfola

That quest almost drove me mental so don't feel tooo bad!! It is VERY tricky..seems to me I used a banner, sword and shield... but it has been a VERY long time....so memory is rather dim.

(Banner because I could plant it with me AFTER jumping etc and abandoning herald , shield for extra block and survivability... at least that is what I THINK I did )
    [URL="http://www.council-of-eraidor.com"][/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudie-wan View Post
    It's still the cosmetic on my main Captain. I got it again on my new Captain just a few weeks ago and it will probably remain her cosmetic, too. That helm is just too cool looking to not keep.
    haha, weird, I'm leveling another captian as well...stalker
    Kraken, Thesungodra

@ the OP: Pick your fights carefully. It may *appear* that the mobs don't wander much, but if you have patience and wait a bit, you'll often get one of them moving off far enough to make a pull easier.
    [CENTER]

[/CENTER]