We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: New Creep class

New Creep class

I was just thinking about the possibilities for a new creep class while I was bored, and I thought about what creep side might need. An AoE class definitely, maybe glass canonish too. But I also thought of what could be another great thing for a creep class to have... debuffs that can break combat effects that certain classes have, like attunement for RKs, fervour for champions, gambits for wardens, and focus for hunters.

I thought it should be a goblin class, maybe a sapper, with a few ranged skills (like throwing the explosive pots on their heads) but most of their DPS would be melee AoE, because one of the main imbalances between freeps and creeps right now as far as grouping goes, and has always been, is the lack of AoE on creepside... stacking enough champions out in the moors in a freep raid can be a guaranteed win for freeps as long as they ball up and fight in an area. Giving AoE to creepside though would mean the AoE has to be squishy, and the only other problem would be the AoE rezz WLs have. The breaking attunement/fervour or w/e would also work by certain skills( and they wouldn't be AoE, maybe a high ranked one), and it would only reset it back by lets say 3.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d010000277914/signature.png]Toiletwater[/charsig]
    [COLOR=GREEN]Spacemanbobr, Sithmanbobr[/COLOR], [COLOR=RED]Toiletwater, Spacemandef[/COLOR]

Re: New Creep class

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][B][U]Dirtyblonde[/U] 65[/B] Burg (Nimrodel) | [U][B]Notblondie[/B][/U] (Nimrodel) | [U][B]Scratchs[/B][/U][/FONT] (Elendilmir)
    [OOC] ****** : 'except blondie, hes already GM smartass'
    [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7VAhzPcZ-s"]Blame the players.
    [/URL][url="http://www.battlefieldheroes.com/en/ref/2283770762"] Battlefield Heroes is really fun![/url]

I'm serious. Was bored.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d010000277914/signature.png]Toiletwater[/charsig]
    [COLOR=GREEN]Spacemanbobr, Sithmanbobr[/COLOR], [COLOR=RED]Toiletwater, Spacemandef[/COLOR]

Meh its been discussed a lot before in detail by like 50 billion threads. No response from turbine to my knowledge. Even if they thought about it, it would be a while before we see it.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][B][U]Dirtyblonde[/U] 65[/B] Burg (Nimrodel) | [U][B]Notblondie[/B][/U] (Nimrodel) | [U][B]Scratchs[/B][/U][/FONT] (Elendilmir)
    [OOC] ****** : 'except blondie, hes already GM smartass'
    [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7VAhzPcZ-s"]Blame the players.
    [/URL][url="http://www.battlefieldheroes.com/en/ref/2283770762"] Battlefield Heroes is really fun![/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Spacmanbobr View Post
    I thought it should be a goblin class, maybe a sapper, with a few ranged skills (like throwing the explosive pots on their heads) but most of their DPS would be melee AoE, because one of the main imbalances between freeps and creeps right now as far as grouping goes, and has always been, is the lack of AoE on creepside... stacking enough champions out in the moors in a freep raid can be a guaranteed win for freeps as long as they ball up and fight in an area. Giving AoE to creepside though would mean the AoE has to be squishy, and the only other problem would be the AoE rezz WLs have. The breaking attunement/fervour or w/e would also work by certain skills( and they wouldn't be AoE, maybe a high ranked one), and it would only reset it back by lets say 3.

Why does everyone have this things for goblins...we're fighting Angmar and ne'ery a Man to be seen!

Cargul > Angmarim > Goblin but the whole topic has been beaten to death, guess I'll give it another whack for old time's sake.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0100000fb7b9/signature.png]Iwontbite[/charsig]
    [color=gold]Erelgal-R5 Guardian [/color] [color=red] ~ Burzruk-R6 Blackarrow ~ Iwontbite-R5 Stalker ~ Gromsh-R5 Warleader ~ Migzrat-R3 Reaver ~ Crazyeight-R1 Weaver[/color]

I'd enjoy a new class...
    ~ Landroval
    ~ Soldier Sdadnakh

Quote Originally Posted by Erelgal2 View Post
    Why does everyone have this things for goblins...we're fighting Angmar and ne'ery a Man to be seen!

Cargul > Angmarim > Goblin but the whole topic has been beaten to death, guess I'll give it another whack for old time's sake.
    Agreed.

I really want a Cargul class. That would be frickin' awesome! If we got that I'd ditch all my other toons and make that my main the instant it came out.
    [COLOR=red]Ulygar, rank 8 blackarrow, Nimrodel server[/COLOR]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0000000e76be/01007/signature.png]Brangdha[/charsig]
    [URL="http://brangdha.mybrute.com"]Bored? Come Play Here![/URL] [URL="http://mybrute.com/team/178260"]Join my clan![/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Brongdha View Post
    Agreed.

I really want a Cargul class. That would be frickin' awesome! If we got that I'd ditch all my other toons and make that my main the instant it came out.
    And so would everyone else...
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]FORSION - DORITOES[/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

Been thinking about this one also. 9 freeps classes vs 6 creep classes... I think we're due for one, especially since the Nazgul are flying around. Cargul might be to powerful for players to wield; Morroval is kinda similar but they're both ancient evil so they would definitely be overpowered compared to other classes. Goblins may make their appearance in the next expansion.

As for the Undead, wights... I think are probably the best choice. It would deal lots of shadow damage and fear debuffs, and like defilers, would have some disease corruptions thrown in too. It should primarily be a ranged tactical class (weak melee) with at least 1 AOE skill, 1 ranged DOT to start out, and be able to cast out some sort of CC protection to other creeps at later ranks. CC protection really needs to be implemented for creeps. Its damage should be tiered or use an attunement system... think runekeeper/minstrel, and be conceived as a group class to support other creeps. However, I don't think they should be allowed to heal other creeps directly either... I was thinking they should have a stance with an aura that boosts in-combat regeneration instead. A double-attack at rank 2, a CC reduction aura at rank 3, 1 healing aura and 1 aoe damage aura around rank 5/6, a powerful shadow dmg attack at rank 8, an aoe stun at rank 10, etc...
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0100000e52a1/signature.png]Nihlithak[/charsig]

I am personally a big fan of creeps getting some sort of angmarim.

Something along the lines of an Loremaster/Summoner from SG/Mirkwood.
    Barst
    Skill and Valour
    Landroval

Arda Shrugged:Elendilstone

@OP: I got to the part where you called for more Creep AoE DPS...

The Ettenmoors is purposefully imbalanced.

But it's a balanced form of imbalance.

For instance, Freeps deal AoE DPS (Champs, Lore-Master spike damage, RK Frost, Wardens, heck even Guardians have AoEs), and to deal with that, Creeps have anti-zerg skills, such as Field Promotion and Fell Restoration, as well as fantastic AoE heals (Quit Wining And Fight!, Get a Grip, and Quitters Never Win), as well as AoE Rezzes.

Inversely, creeps do single-target DPS, in the forms of DoTs and Warg Spike damage, as well as Reaver's single-target Devastating Strike. In order to combat this, the freeps have great single-target heals (Bolster Courage has no Cooldown and can crit big, Rune Keepers can heal a single target marvelously with its HoTs; Lore-Masters and Hunters can remove DoTs easily).

In general I think this archetype of combat makes for a fun PvMP zone in which the Heros (freeps) try to AoE down waves of Monsters (creeps) who use swarm tactics to win. Freeps use apocalyptic AoE DPS, Shield Walls, out-of-combat rezzes, Shields of the Dunedain, etc. to pull off victory.

If you start buffing Creep AoE DPS, or Freep AoE heals, the Moors will be plagued with a new set of balancing issues, in my humble opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Draugrim View Post

For instance, Freeps deal AoE DPS (Champs, Lore-Master spike damage, RK Frost, Wardens, heck even Guardians have AoEs), and to deal with that, Creeps have anti-zerg skills, such as Field Promotion and Fell Restoration, as well as fantastic AoE heals (Quit Wining And Fight!, Get a Grip, and Quitters Never Win), as well as AoE Rezzes.

Inversely, creeps do single-target DPS, in the forms of DoTs and Warg Spike damage, as well as Reaver's single-target Devastating Strike. In order to combat this, the freeps have great single-target heals (Bolster Courage has no Cooldown and can crit big, Rune Keepers can heal a single target marvelously with its HoTs; Lore-Masters and Hunters can remove DoTs easily).

In general I think this archetype of combat makes for a fun PvMP zone in which the Heros (freeps) try to AoE down waves of Monsters (creeps) who use swarm tactics to win. Freeps use apocalyptic AoE DPS, Shield Walls, out-of-combat rezzes, Shields of the Dunedain, etc. to pull off victory.

If you start buffing Creep AoE DPS, or Freep AoE heals, the Moors will be plagued with a new set of balancing issues, in my humble opinion.
    Hmmm, good point.

GOBLIN SAPPERS! aiieieieieieieieieieeeeeeeeeee eee!!!
    [B][COLOR=cyan][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/06205000000039d09/signature.png]Viloxus[/charsig]
    8-time Grand Champion Guinness Drinker[/COLOR][/B]
    [SIZE=2][B][COLOR=silver]June 2008 model in "Failmasters of 2008" Calendar[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][SIZE=2]
    [B][COLOR=green]Making the world a better place one less pair of pants at a time :p [/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Viloxus View Post
    GOBLIN SAPPERS! aiieieieieieieieieieeeeeeeeeee eee!!!
    Goblin Sappers, Black Numenorean Sorcerers, and/or Morroval Scouts for sure.
    Arda Shrugged:Elendilstone

I'd like to see a new class as well.Maybe some sort of pet class,like the old EQ Beastmaster or the WoW hunter,or DAOC's Cabalist.

Actually.I'd like to see a new Creep class and a new Freep class.

I would like to see PvMP in its current state fixed before another class is introduced and more bugs released.

While I do think a goblin class would look cool as hell out there I just fear that they would be a "glass cannon" with 8000 morale, high avoidance, resists and armor.

Black Numenorians would be beter for session play. That way you could give them the bad *** abilities they deserve.
    Jeffaman-Guarding Hobbit Jeffro-Burgling Hobbit Tinulaurien-Elf Lore Master Cephus-Champion of Men Lilnooblet-Hunting Hobbit Jeffrandir-Snooty Elf Rune-keeper- All of Brandywine
    Long live the halflings! Praise them with great praise!
    RIP Nidor - Brandywine's bravest warrior

Uruk Beserkers. 2 handed weapons, slow but powerful hitters. at higher ranks can light explosives on it's back on fire (like in the movies when the beserker blew up the wall of helms deep by lighting then blowing himself up) which 1. kills itself, and 2. does considerable damage to those around. give them a stance like continuous blood rage, health goes down while the stance is on, but no cc can be used against it. dont give it a charge, and dont give it a finishing move like reavers, just make it pure single target slow attack speed high damage out put. i think that's agood idea
    -Text MeBaby-

Haradrim - Evil men

Spearmen of the South! - Maybe somewhat like the warden (but usefull in groups )
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b01000006e8f3/signature.png]Kerishnak[/charsig]
    ~Kerishnak Rank 9 Reaver!~~ ~~Vajyno Rank 5 Defiler~~ ~~Namrod Rank 8 Loremaster of Eru~~ ~~Feynor Rank 6 warden oh and a rank 4 ezmode warg

Quote Originally Posted by Draugrim View Post

I didn't feel like quoting the full thing but you bring up a good point. What about a DoT aoe class? The majority of freep aoe is burst damage. The goblin could be an aoe DoT class with what ever other skills/roles it is suppose to have.

Therefore...you'd have freep = burst damage and creep = DoT damage. They wouldn't be mirrors of each other but would definately participate in somewhat the same role. Both types would have their advantages and disadvantages over the other.

Quote Originally Posted by timmyloo22546 View Post
    I didn't feel like quoting the full thing but you bring up a good point. What about a DoT aoe class? The majority of freep aoe is burst damage. The goblin could be an aoe DoT class with what ever other skills/roles it is suppose to have.

Therefore...you'd have freep = burst damage and creep = DoT damage. They wouldn't be mirrors of each other but would definately participate in somewhat the same role. Both types would have their advantages and disadvantages over the other.
    I like your thinking, small DoT (have enought issues with stacking DoTs) maybe something like a fire bomb. drop in an area and it DoTs in the area similar to sticky gourd. heh to remove DoT, just leave area.

God eff no I dont want more Dots
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b01000006e8f3/signature.png]Kerishnak[/charsig]
    ~Kerishnak Rank 9 Reaver!~~ ~~Vajyno Rank 5 Defiler~~ ~~Namrod Rank 8 Loremaster of Eru~~ ~~Feynor Rank 6 warden oh and a rank 4 ezmode warg

Big aoe Direct dmg would be best

..., guess I'll give it another whack for old time's sake.
    That's what she said...

Check my sig! A space has already been reserved.

Gutlard Out!
    [B][SIZE=3][COLOR=#ff8c00]Creep Main [/COLOR][COLOR=#ffffff]= [/COLOR][COLOR=#40e0d0]Gutlard of The White Hand
    [/COLOR][COLOR=#ff8c00]Freep Main [/COLOR][COLOR=#ffffff]= [/COLOR][COLOR=lime]Snarehelm of Legionnaires[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]