We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast

Re: Looking for a Kinship? Post here.

Your name, or character name and race (if known): Rthen, Human (level 23 Loremaster, most likely 30+ by end of weekend).

Playstyle. (Solo, group, PvE, PvP, RAIDs, casual, hardcore, end-game, RP, no RP, time limited, crafter, “I don’t know, I’m new to this kind of game”, etc.):

All of the above but I do like to group and raid more then solo.

MMO games you’ve played: EQ, EQ2, WoW

Why kinships should be interested in you. In other words, why choose you and not another player. What do you offer kinships?:

I am a mature and loyal team oriented person. I am willing to go the extra mile, stay up an extra hour or 2 to make sure there is enough people there for a raid. I really enjoy playing as part of a team to achomplish a common goal.

What kind of kinship you are looking for. (This one is very important for recruiters): I am looking for a kinship that is willing to give a non-beta player a chance that has more then 6 active members that play at least every other day. I am rapidly leveling up and will within the month be in the high 40s or max level. I am looking for a solid team of mature players to group with and raid with. I love to raid but I also like to group.

Thumbs up Re: Looking for a Kinship? Post here.

Name on forums or character name: Forum Name: Leofish, In-Game Name: Oshikirimoe

Age (some kinships have real life age limits): 27

Playstyle: Prefer PvE as much as possible, though quite able to solo.

Games you’ve played: World of Warcraft, EverQuest II, Auto Assault, City of Heroes, Final Fantasy XI

Why kinships should be interested in you: I am very entusiastic and friendly person, I would like to be part pf something BIG....

What kind of kinship you are looking for. This one is very important for recruiters: A mature kinship that has fun while playing.

Playstyle: Casual, fun
    MMO games you’ve played: SWG, WoW, and tested others.

What kind of kinship you are looking for: Something in my timezone, doesnt have to be an Austraian Kinship. A guild which is relaxed /casual and have a sense of humor and just want o have fun.

Hey,

Name: Vinakro

I usually PvE, though sometimes I do PvP. I enjoy working in groups.

I'm a Human Champion, currently level 10.

Looking for a friendly, casual Kinship. I help people if I can, and am friendly.

I've played WoW, Guild Wars, and many F2P MMO's.

name: Buckrodgers
    race: dwarf
    class: guardian
    level: 13

location japan looking for a oceanic time zone guild im an exprienced mmo player 3 years in wow in a raiding guild plus many other mmo's so i will level pretty fast mainly looking for a kinship since this game seems to require one for leveling/crafting etc. if you need to know anything else just ask in game.

Smile Re: Looking for a Kinship? Post here.

Character name and race: Neldoras, Elf Guardian, Level 17 Currently
    Playstyle: So far, I've been pretty solo, but been a few times I've joined Fellowships. Like to do that more, and Kinship could help me there.
    MMO games you’ve played: Ultima Online, WWII Online
    Why kinships should be interested in you. In other words, why choose you and not another player. What do you offer kinships?: I'm too old to act like a twit, and I play for enjoyment. I'm not the best at the game by any means, but I do bring stability, loyalty, and tenacity as some of my better traints.
    What kind of kinship you are looking for. (This one is very important for recruiters): RP sometime, but mostly adventure together, even if it isn't the quickest way toward wealth and leveling faster. I like to sometimes just go off on a walk to see what I can find in-game.

Character Name: Gifion - Elf Lore-master, Only level 11 right now, but he's eager and excited

Playstyle. (Solo, group, PvE, PvP, RAIDs, casual, hardcore, end-game, RP, no RP, time limited, crafter, “I don’t know, I’m new to this kind of game”, etc.): I usually prefer to group because I like to get to know other people in the game. I enjoy PvP and PvE both. I like to raid, but usually due to a busy schedule I don't have a lot of time. I usually try to RP even though I don't always stay as dedicated as other people.

MMO games you’ve played: In no particular order: Ultima Online, DragonRealms, Gemstone, Ragnarok Online, WoW, EQ2, Asheron's Call, Star Wars Galaxies, Final Fantasy XI, EVE Online, Lineage 2, City of Heroes/Villains

What do you offer kinships?: I'm a very dedicated player who's always willing to help out people. I'm a pretty active player at least for the next few weeks until college starts. I'm not sure how active I will be then.

What kind of kinship you are looking for. (This one is very important for recruiters): I'm looking for a mature Kinship that has more than about 5 or 6 people who are on every couple of days. I would prefer some sort of casual RP, but it's not necessary.

If any of this sounds interesting to you, feel free to get ahold of me in game, and I hope to meet you soon.

Red face Re: Looking for a Kinship? Post here.

Name: Angela
    Hobbit Mistrel - Miriamne, lvl 18
    Elf Guardian - Lauria, lvl 12
    Woman Captain - Giaren, lvl 10

Playstyle: Free and Fun - I log in when I'm looking for something to take my mind off of the pressures of real life. Not big into PvP - too many bad experiences with WoW kinda turned me off of that. I enjoy questing with companions, running through instances, and essentially just playing for the enjoyment of the game!

MMO games you’ve played: WoW was my first and only - played for just under two years.

What do you offer kinships?: I'm friendly and upbeat. I abhor drama; and while my sense of humor can occasionally be somewhat juvenile, I understand the difference between being silly and being stupid. I enjoy making money in game, but have always been one to share items before putting them up on the AH. And I fully believe in the golden rule - I'll ask higher level companions to assist me, but I'll turn right back around to lend my time to a newbie who needs my aid. ^_^

What kind of kinship you are looking for?: I'm looking for a mature yet laid-back group of people with a range of interests - both in game and out. I only play for about 12-18 hours/week, so I'd love to join a kinship which ranges in levels and will be there for me when I eventually want to explore some of the end-game content, but understands that RL comes before play time.

Characters: a bunch, all 10-15ish.

Playstyle: Solo when I have to, group when I can. Casual, PvE/Raid, crafter, part-time.

Other MMOs: Currently this, DDO, Dungeon Runners and Guild Wars, though the last two amount to maybe 2-3h/wk. In the past, WoW, Galaxies (launch thru the jedi grind), tons of betas.

What do you offer? Snarky humor and a willingness to help others when possible.

What do you want? A social outfit (chitchat in guild), strongly prefer a TS or Vent server someplace, with a wide level spread so that there's somebody to quest with. Not necessarily age-limited, but definitely light on the "omg ### ill kill u and ur whole guild lolz". l33t is a joke, not a way of life. RP or not, don't care, but I don't use "thee"s and "thou"s.

PM here, please.

Name: Sadet
    Character: human champion lvl 14
    MMOs played: SWG, COH/COV, Guild Wars

Play style: casual, not into role playing, enjoy grouping

Type of Kinship I'm looking for: Mature, friendly, laid back, active, willing to help when/where needed. Preferably a kinship of a decent size so that there would be support for low/mid/high level.

Thanks

Last edited by Sadet; Jul 19 2007 at 10:44 AM.

Name: Schug

Character: Man Burglar (lvl 12 as of today)

Playstyle: Lately I have been pretty casual, about 4 days a week sometimes for an hour or 2. Other weeks I might go on binge of playing only stopping for work. :P I like to Solo, group when I can, pvp, pve, raid when I can. Crafting? Sure, why not.

MMO's played: CoH/CoV, Guild Wars, WoW.

What I can offer Kinships: You can always count on me to be a friendly, helpful person. Though I am new to the game, I do learn very quickly. If you are patient and respectful to me while I learn the ins and outs of the game, you will receive the same in return.

What kind of kinship I am looking for: I'm looking for a slightly mature, small kinship (less than 30-40 active members) thats pretty laid back. I love to group when I can. In previous games I always had a blast running around with the same 10-15 people everyday. You really get a chance to get to know people that way. TS and/or Vent is not a must but would be great. I don't do the RP thing but don't mind if anyone else does. Having plans once in awhile to raid would be nice. All in all I just want to have some fun playing a new game. If any of this interests you send me a PM on the forums or shout at me in game.

Thanks for reading,

-T

I've read about a lot of the kinships on this server, and they all sound great! So I'll confess to being confused about how to choose one to apply to. Let me try to give recruiters an idea about who I am and what I think I'm looking for, and see if we can strike a mutual spark.

I'm new to the game (been here about a month). My main character is Ardeth, elf and minstrel, currently lvl 24. I also have a lvl 19 captain and a lvl 16 burglar. My alts are crafters (a scholar and a jeweler/cook), and I'm not sure how high I will level them, but I enjoy playing all my characters.

Age: I'm an adult, with a husband and a daughter. I'm female. I enjoy playing with guys, but I'd also love to find a kinship that has some other female members.

I'm U.S. east coast, but also a night owl, so I could easily play with west coasters....or with anybody, really. International groups are fine, too. My playstyle is casual, but I do enjoy slowly mastering the various aspects of the games I play. I'm curious about raiding, although it'll probably be awhile before I level up that far. I'm not big into roleplay, but open-minded about it.

My former games have usually been solo types, going back as far as the original Rogue, where one's enemies were ASCII letters. I still remember those nasty K's (kestrels) lol. Fond memories of the original Zelda and, later, Morrowind and KOTOR. For the past couple of years I've been immersed in Guild Wars, so I do have some group/guild play experience.

What I'm *not* looking for are high pressure kinships, really small groups with few folks online, or super hierarchical guilds with a lot of rules and regulations. I'm much more suited to easy-going and casual.

So...bottom line is that I'm seeking a lively, mature, laid-back group of people with whom to have fun and share adventures. I tend to be pretty independent, not needing help too often (and never demanding it), but I'm always willing to help others.

Cheers and thanks for the consideration!
    Last edited by PhilippaSomerville; Jul 21 2007 at 02:35 AM.

In-game Name: Thelric
    Class etc: Level 26 Man Burglar
    Vocation: Explorer, mostly a gatherer for money. Have been slacking on tailoring really :-/

I'm fairly new to LOTRO, having moved here after 2 years of playing WoW and getting burnt out on it and having most of my friends leave. However, recently I have been getting into the areas that offer a lot of Fellowship quests that need to be done, and I was thinking it must be time to start looking for a Kinship to join.

I'm looking for a mature player base that likes to group together to do instances and Fellowship quests. I also plan to do PvMP at higher levels, so having a few Kinship members that enjoy that would also be a huge plus.

As far as my playtimes go, it varies really. I am a college student who has about a month left before classes begin again. Right now I play mostly in the afternoon and some during nights. I live on the east coast as far as time zones go. Once classes begin my playtimes may be a bit more restricted to mostly weekends and odd times during the week if my workload isn't all that heavy.

I do not expect to instantly join a Kinship based upon this forum post alone, in fact I would rather not have that happen. But if your Kinship is looking for more members please drop me an PM here, a tell in game or send an in-game letter. I would love to get to group with some various Kinships and meet new people if anything. Coming from another game with no friends following is always kinda hard.

Anyhow, hope to hear from someone soon! See you all in-game!

*EDIT* Would also like to add that I enjoy casual role-playing. So I am open to a somewhat roleplay oriented Kinship for sure.
    Last edited by Sirlis00; Jul 22 2007 at 02:14 PM.

Character Information: Gendry, level 16 hobbit burglar(leveling fast)
    Play style: My play style varies, when I play solo or in a mixed group of friends I'm more of a casual player, could careless if I or my group dies, but if I'm in an instance or a serious fellowship I play the role of the hardcore gamer.
    MMO games you’ve played:Everquest, World of Warcraft, Ragnarok Online, and City of Heroes.

I know a lot of kinships aren't looking for such a low level, but I'm leveling at a fairly decent speed. I'm laid back most of the time, but serious when I need be, I really hate describing myself, so if anyone would wish to interview me or check me out I can be reached in-game as
    Gendry
    Or through email at
    NairbB1991@gmail.com
    Gendry
    Level 17 Burglar
    Elendilmir

Smile Looking for a new oceanic home

G'day all,

Is there a oceanic based kinship out there looking for a mature aged player?
    I'm based in Melbourne, Australia. 31 years old.

I'm after a friendly, helpful kinship
    Not interested in raiding/pvp - just questing and fun.
    I have a 14 burg, at the moment, but will be starting new characters with my wife soon - probably a guardian/minstrel combo.

No, i won't be filling out any applications - this is a game, NOT my job.

thanks for your time.

Eclipse is currently accepting new members of all races and classes. We are a close community, and many of us have been together in several MMO's in the past. Our members tend to be devoted, yet our style of governing is relaxed. The guild is ruled by Elders consisting of a handful of members, and operates by a set of guidelines set forth in our Charter.

What we can offer:
    1. Experience: The Eclipse leadership, both the founders of the guild and the Elders members, have participated in several MMORPGs. We have learned what works and what does not, and are a stronger group as a result.
    2. Structure: We are currently working on a race and class based hierarchy to help implement group mobilization. This will enable members of similar races and classes to get together and help each other. More importantly, this will allow them to look toward a specific guild leader who can help answer specific questions a new player will have.
    3. Freedom to play: Despite the "Structure" we are looking to create, Eclipse is and always has been a relaxed fellowship. Our members consist of everything from young hardcore gamers, college students, professionals, parents, etc. We understand that real life can often interfere with gaming. Furthermore, we also understand that half the fun of any MMO is exploring it for yourself. Eclipse does not wish to dictate your gaming experience.
    4. An active and maintained website: The founders of Eclipse operate and maintain the website, which contains several extremely useful tools including forums, game guides, game maps, etc.
    5. Community: As mentioned previously, the members of Eclipse are a close group. Right now, our community exists primarily in our forums. Though obviously this will change once LOTRO is officially released, the forums will remain quite active (as history in other MMOs has proven). The beauty of being part of a community such as Eclipse is having immediate in-game help from fellow members. Furthermore, many perks often present themselves, such as free or extremely discounted member crafted items, in-game financial aid, questing assistance, etc.
    As one of the founders of Eclipse, I personally invite you to join if our group sounds as if it might fit your style. Here are some of our helpful links:
    If you have any questions, feel free to contact me. If you are interested in joining us, please do not hesitate to fill out the membership application on our website. Please make sure you double check your spam/junk folders for any Eclipse mail, especially the account activation email.

Our Time zones are done by blocks. Since we have players from all over America, we use this to determine who is on when. For info on how these are done visit here: Time zone Blocks. We are mostly Blocks E and F.

Thanks and we hope to hear from you soon!
    [FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode][CENTER][COLOR=Orange][B]Macorden Dionysus - 65 Champion | Macshamar Dionysus - 65 Guardian[/B][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Yellow]Eclipse Guild Leader | Elendilmir
    [URL="http://www.eclipse-guild.com"]www.eclipse-guild.com[/URL][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]

Macorden, this thread is not for kinships to advertise. See the OP. Please edit the text out. There are other threads and places to ad your kinship.

This thread is for folks who are looking.

Thanks
    [SIZE=2][B][COLOR=goldenrod]Aphadrim uin Calad (Followers of Light) Kinship on Elendilmir[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]
    [size=1][URL=http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=249684]AuC Official LOTRO Forum Thread[/URL]
    [COLOR=#0ac92b]Gloriel Ingalad's Elven RP Poems & Stories [url=http://my.lotro.com/character/elendilmir/gloriel/journal/]Here[/url][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#e33638]Tester from SoA Alpha Phase 3 through Update 6 & Founder[/COLOR] ... [url=http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?173114-Along-the-Paths-of-Middle-earth][color=#8deeee]Link to over [b]700[/b] of my quality screenshots[/color][/url][/SIZE]

Name: Autumnangel -- Lv10 Elf Minstrel atm

Play style: solo and group, raids, PvE, end-game when I get there, quests or any random adventuring with a group

other MMO's: FFXI for about 2 1/2 years, several free ones I got bored with after a week.

Why me? I have a great understanding of everyone's role in a group and overall am a very smart player. I know what I'm doing (most of the time) and like being able to help out other players.

Looking for in a kinship: I'd like to join a kinship that's very helpful with others and has a good range of low and mid-level players. I like playing with mature people so no name-calling and 1337-$p3@k please.

Your name: Scott, characters are listed in signature

Playstyle: Any, I just run quests and try to complete all deeds

MMO games you’ve played:WoW, SWG

Why kinships should be interested in you. In other words, why choose you and not another player. What do you offer kinships?: I am extremely helpful and will provide as many services for the kinship as possible.

What kind of kinship you are looking for: An active kinship. Prefer a large kinship.
    Scottsdead- 47 Champion, Explorer

Forum Name: Sogrin
    Character Name: Sogrin ; Hambold
    Race: Dwarf ; Hobbit
    Class: Guardian ; Minstral
    Level at time of post: 13 ; 7
    Location: Sydney Australia (GMT +10. Daylight Saving apply during october-march)
    Playstyle: Preference to End game PvE. I like moster play in PvMP as well though.
    MMO games you’ve played: EVE trials, World of Warcraft, Runescape, Ragnarok
    Why kinships should be interested in you. What do you offer kinships?: A dedicated player insistant on assisting other players and reaching new content.
    What kind of kinship you are looking for: A group of friendly people looking to get through end game PvE content.

Talking Re: Looking for a Kinship? Post here.

Your name: Buliwyff/Human/Champion
    Playstyle: Hardcore Gamer, but new to the game.
    MMO games you’ve played: UO, WOW, FFXI, SNW, etc.
    Why kinships should be interested in you: I'm a very dedicated, and loyal person. I'll do anything in my power to assist players and friends.
    What kind of kinship you are looking for: A long term group of players that work well with each other and friendly. Looking to make this a full time commitment, through hell and high water i'll be there to support
    Respect and Honor!

My main character name is Ilaria and I'm coming from a guild called Light in the Darkness that recently disbanded. I have four additional alts of various races and classes, as does my husband. Ideally, we would like to find a mature and fun kinship that all of our characters can be a part of, but if you read this and are interested in only our characters of a certain race, we will consider that as well. I will list both my husband's character information and mine. Feel free to contact us in game...I don't check the forums as often as I should.
    Ilaria - Elf of Mirkwood - Minstrel Level 45 currently
    Kensey - Woman of Gondor - Captain - Level 33
    Emogen - Elf of Edhellond - Champion - Level 24
    Dulcie - Hobbit of the Harfoots - Hunter - Level 22
    Akilina - Woman of Bree-land - Loremaster - 23

Dalamir - Man of Gondor - Hunter - level 48
    Nerin =- Dwarf of the Lonely Mountain - Champ - 24
    Giralas - Elf of Mirkwood - Guardian- 24
    Cunundir - Man of Gondor - Capt - 13
    Daravor - Man of Gondor - Loremaster - 7

I'm 22 and my husband is 25. We live in the Portland, Oregon area. Our playstyle is pretty casual. We play a lot, but we're not hardcore gamers. We like to help others with quests and we like to work on crafting. Between the two of us, we have about every profession covered! lol.
    We are looking for a kinship of mature and respectful people. We do not tolerate jerks and rude people. If you think we might be a good addition to your kinship, drop Ilaria or Dalamir a line in game. We also have another former kinmate who is looking for a kinship as well.
    Thank you.

Your name, or character name and race:
    Corwain (44 Captain-"Main"), Reijan (18 Elven Hunter), wife: Kalanor (27 Elven Huntress)
    Location. Denmark +1 GMT (+6 EST U.S.)
    Playstyle: Any (primarily solo and pickup groups now), crafters as well.
    MMO games you’ve played: UO, EQ 1&2, DAOC, SWG, EVE, Shadowbane, City of Heros, Guild Wars, WoW
    Why kinships should be interested in you: Experienced players, been around many MMOs, work well in groups and willing to help as needed.
    What kind of kinship you are looking for: mature, RP guild

Character Names:
    Janika ~ lvl 20 Elf Minstrel ~ Tailor
    Shota ~ lvl 13 Human Lore-Master ~ Scholar
    Puki ~ lvl 7 Hobbit Hunter ~ Woodworker

Location: Missouri, USA ~ Central Standard Time ~ I'm usually playing anywhere from 5am to 11pm [sometimes during that entire time, or if I get my sleeping screwed up which can happen often while playing MMO's I'll be on over night sometimes too.]

Playstyle: I'm generally the hardcore solo player, but I do really enjoy a solid, serious group to accomplish main story objectives or just helping each other! I love playing a healer class and keeping my friends/kinship/fellowships alive and get things accomplished.
    I love story, I like to know every little detail about whats going on in what I'm doing. Thats why I play these games to be entertained and have a good time time! Being able to finally see the world of Middle Earth alive and in full bloom from words to visuals is astounding to me. I'm having so much fun exploring every little crack and corner of this game.
    I'm a hardcore crafter, as you can see from my characters listed above, I'm playing 3 chars with crafts that work well together, supporting myself back and forth.
    I do-not like PvP. Never have, but I will give the PvMP a try eventually just to see what its like and if normal PvP similarities are present.
    I'm generally not an RPer but I have my moment of being silly and adding stuff to my chat sometimes if the settings/moods offer something.

MMO games you’ve played: Well, I've been playing MMO's since they existed, of course starting with Ultima Online [2yrs], then Everquest [3yrs]. I've also played Final Fantasy XI [2yrs], Dark Age of Camelot [2yrs], Everquest II [1yr], World of Warcraft [2yrs], Saga of Ryzom [1yr], Asheron's Call [1yr], Anarchy Online [1yr], Lineage II [1yr] and a multitude of other smaller Korean/Chinese MMO's.

Why kinships should be interested in you: I have the mature experience that most kinships are always looking for, but rarely find! I have tons of time and resources to dedicate to helping the kinship members & crafting.

What kind of kinship you are looking for: I want a very active kinship, lots of members online, saying hi to one another when we log in, or bye when we leave, congrats when we level up. Being polite and friendly has always been a soft-spot to me. I like members that will help other members too accomplish non-solo quests or help acquire rare mats for crafting, or just come around and see whats going on. Have a small chatty moment while lost in the Old-Forest at night or come check on my splattered corpse by the giant N of Buckland! hehe

Other Thoughts: ..and yes sometimes I get annoyed at other players that don't take the time to read the quest information and think about what has to be done before they complain or beg for exact details what to do. I have no problems with offering advice or giving hints but I will never tell someone exactly what to do, as the quests generally already give this info and with a little bit of exploring on the players part can be accomplished!
    Last edited by KatashiTakishiro; Aug 09 2007 at 08:48 AM.

Name: Prego - 13 Minstrel; Gawra 17/18 Guardian

Playstyle: I'm predominantly a solo quester, only because I frequently get distracted by things such as my cats, gerbils, food, girlfriend, etc. I LOVE to instance and I like group quests. I also enjoy raiding, albeit slightly more casual raiding due to my time constraints.

MMO games you’ve played: SWG (2 months), dabbled in DDO, EQII, WoW for a year and a half.

Why kinships should be interested in you. In other words, why choose you and not another player. What do you offer kinships?: I'm a lunch pale type of player who prides himself on learning whatever he can about the game. I like learning about game mechanics and each different class. I like learning about encounters and helping others by sharing my knowledge. I like being resourceful and dependable. I can have a good time, have a great sense of humor, but also know when its time to get down to business. I play games for fun, but I also play them to succeed.

What kind of kinship you are looking for: Like the poster above me, I'm looking for a friendly kinship. One that doesn't mind that I'm trying to balance grad school with two jobs. One that says hello when I log in, goodbye when I log out. One that isn't about only helping its very central core, but is helpful to everyone.
    -Prego, 26 Hobbit Minstrel, Explorer
    -Gawra, 29 Man Guardian, Armorer
    -Melganan, 37 Elven Hunter, Woodworker
    -Erkenman, 19 Human Captain, Jeweler

Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast