We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast

Arrow Re: Looking for a Kinship? Post here.

Your name, or character name and race: Oysten Level 17 Dwarf Minstrel

Playstyle: I like to solo alot because I'm not a very chatty person a lot of times. But I love to quest. I'm a good team player though and love to fellow with people who are really into playing hard. Crafting is cool when I want to veg and make pack space.

MMO games you’ve played: Asheron's for a loooong time (most recently) and Ultima Online (years ago now)

Why kinships should be interested in you: When I'm in a really good mood, I can be very entertaining. Otherwise I'm just really helpful on quests and am always nice. Just not chatty. Unless you chat with me. Then I feel compelled to chat back. But I'm not happy about it. I'm sort of neurotic too but that helps because it makes me play meticulously and therefore you won't die with me healing you.

What kind of kinship you are looking for. (This one is very important for recruiters): I'm looking for a fun, active group who won't mind that I'm something of a wallflower who quietly likes to kick *** in game. And lots of dry, wry wit to go around. Please, pick me.
    Last edited by sugarmag; Nov 01 2007 at 11:18 PM.

Re: Looking for a Kinship? Post here.

Kutulu lvl 31 Guardian {will be 33-35 by Monday}

Location. Sydney, AU

Playstyle. Usually run solo. Group up for fellow quests. Like to craft my own stuff. Eager to hit 50 and go pwn some creeps in the moors.

MMO games you’ve played: Matrix Online, Eve online, SWG, SGW, Guildwars, City of Villans, Tabula Rasa beta, waiting for StarGate Worlds.

Why kinships should be interested in you. Currently mastering metalsmith. Working on virtues, most of em at 4. Willing to tank anything. Bring on the trolls!!!

What kind of kinship you are looking for :
    Endgame raiders, Make regular invasions into Ettenmoors. One that has a decent name.
    [b]Sokar - Rank 8 Uruk Warleader[/b]
    [url=http://tribesin.com]SiN[/url] {Co-Tyrant} - Elendilmir Tribe
    [url]http://my.lotro.com/angryweaponx[/url]
    His only regret, was he had so few to sacrifice.

Your name, or character name and race (if known): Schyler - Elf
    Location. (Timezone preferences if any, state/country, etc.): NZ GMT+12
    Playstyle. (Solo, group, PvE, PvP, RAIDs, casual, hardcore, end-game, RP, no RP, time limited, crafter, “I don’t know, I’m new to this kind of game”, etc.): PvE, PvP, Raid, End game.
    MMO games you’ve played: WoW, Lineage 2
    Why kinships should be interested in you. In other words, why choose you and not another player. What do you offer kinships?: Enthusiasm for the game, and some playing experience via WoW.
    What kind of kinship you are looking for. (This one is very important for recruiters): An Oceanic Based Kinship

Character name: Verhelm, human Captain lvl 39.
    Playstyle: Preferred: Group, Raids, Crafting, RP. Non-preferred: Solo only because my time zone makes it hard to find others that are on.
    Past MMO's: Everquest, SWG, DDO.
    My playstyle is geared towards assisting others and the Kinship as opportunities present themselves.
    I'm looking for a mature Kinship who has members in the same time zone as me who truly enjoy adventuring in the Tolkien world. Great times ahead

Just got recruited to Warlords, lol. They didnt approach me.

Hit 33 too. Strange i got no tells all weekend after posting here.

How many ppl actually get recruited from this thread?

Did you check your Forum Pm's?

None. Was just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryWeaponX View Post
    JHow many ppl actually get recruited from this thread?
    I'm always keeping an eye on this thread, looking for people that might be a good fit for my crew. I've probably recruited 3 or 4 off of here, and we're a pretty small group.
    [center][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000003043/signature.png]Stanford[/charsig]
    "Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good Loremaster at your side, kid."
    [url=http://theteam.guildlaunch.com]The Team[/url], Elendilmir: the [color=DarkOrange][Jeweled Bell][/color] goes *Jingle, Jangle*[/center]

Quote Originally Posted by AngryWeaponX View Post
    How many ppl actually get recruited from this thread?

I too have recruited 4-5 people off this thread before.
    They have been great additions to our kinship as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Artie View Post
    I'm always keeping an eye on this thread, looking for people that might be a good fit for my crew. I've probably recruited 3 or 4 off of here, and we're a pretty small group.
    Quit ninjaing my recruits! You and Loves Iron Fist, I tell ya.
    Prien of Elendilmir
    Wulfrand, Chummli, Mumli, Althaea, Fyonna, and Alto
    "Ghost Bear just misunderstood. :(" [url]http://lotroimages.akamai.lotro.com/media/ghost.swf[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by willwheels View Post
    Quit ninjaing my recruits! You and Loves Iron Fist, I tell ya.
    ^^^ Pay no attention to the Loremaster in the back, he's having trouble adjusting to his new pipeweed =]
    [center][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000003043/signature.png]Stanford[/charsig]
    "Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good Loremaster at your side, kid."
    [url=http://theteam.guildlaunch.com]The Team[/url], Elendilmir: the [color=DarkOrange][Jeweled Bell][/color] goes *Jingle, Jangle*[/center]

Name: Gwormur Ironforge (e-mail is just Gwormur)

Class/level: Guardian, 44

Playstyle:
    I like soloing and group play. I haven't done any raids yet but I am eagerly looking forward to that as well as some monster play. I like getting all of the quests and achievements done. I enjoy crafting and I am currently a prospector.

MMO games you’ve played: I played City of Heroes and Villains pretty steadily for a year or more.

Why kinships should be interested in you. In other words, why choose you and not another player. What do you offer kinships?: I'm a team player always eager to help others with either action (teaming up) or advice. I also enjoy the social interaction with other kin members and like to learn more about them.

What kind of kinship you are looking for: I am looking for a diverse kin that has members who are willing to help others while also enjoying chatting with each other. I think a good kin is made up of selfless members who are looking to help others while getting things done for themselves at the same time.

Thanks.
    Last edited by swamptours; Nov 05 2007 at 12:34 PM.

mistake sorry

Name: Tocksin

Class/level: Champion 9

Playstyle:
    I enjoy Solo at times but I really enjoy group and raid play. I still have friends from EQ beta and I hope to find similar friends in this game.

MMO games you’ve played: EQ (beta to 2005) Tried WOW played several to 60 just didn't feel the passion, Coh/COv great game but I love the quest for gear, and the fantasy setting. I tried Vanguard and I wanted to love it but it just isnt finished. I came here and played a hunter to 26 on Arkenstone. Took a break due to an illness in my family and now am playing a fresh start ad would love to join a RP Kinship here but is not required.

Why kinships should be interested in you. In other words, why choose you and not another player. What do you offer kinships?: I dunno, I am a ten year mmo player that has been a raid and guild leader, I enjoy helping others and value loyalty and teamwork. I kow when to keep my mouth shut and can be a good soldier in raid situations. I work a stressfull job and this is my de-stresser, I hope to join a kinship and help it be great!

What kind of kinship you are looking for: i would love to join a RP Kinship I was in a very heavy RP kinship in WOW and had a great time, also in COH. I am an old school DM from PnP Dungeons and Dragons and think I can spin a yarn with the best of them. i would like to raid when the time comes and be organized toward accomplishing goals. Not looking for FOH or a 12 hour a night req raiding guild, but I am not looking for a glorified chat channel either. I like to accomplish the big fights and get the big loots, but I want to do it with friends and the speed at which I get there isnt as important as the ride you take and the friends you make along the way.

Thanks.

Tocksin
    Tocksin of Gondor
    Champion looking for a Kinship
    Longtime EQ vet looking for new obsession
    I am really liking LOTRO

Character name and race: Mavren, 22 Man Lore-master

Playstyle: I like a bit of everything really. I love running around solo checking stuff out, but I also like grouping and doing fellowship quests. Haven't tried raiding or PvMP in LotRO yet, but I'm sure I'll enjoy them too. I was never much of a raider in WoW, preferring small-group and solo stuff, but so far from what I've seen the raiding in LotRO seems more my style than the 40- and 25-person affairs I was used to. I'm also starting to enjoy crafting for the first time in an MMO.

MMO games you’ve played: GW (if that counts), WoW, CoH/V

What do you offer kinships?: I would like to think I'm extremely loyal. I've been in the same guild in GW since I began over 2 years ago, and the only time I left a guild in WoW was when they disbanded (this only happened twice in 2 years). I enjoy helping people when I can, although I don't think I'm really able to do much yet, being new to the game. I guess I'd like to think I'm just good company, and I appreciate others who are fun to be around. My game time should also be increasing somewhat too, as my university exams finish in a week.

What kind of kinship you are looking for?: Preferably an oceanic kinship. I raided in WoW with American guilds and while I enjoyed the people and the differences with language etc. the timing was often difficult to manage. Raiding or not raiding is not really a concern right now. My main concerns are to enjoy the leveling process and the wonderful world Tolkien (with a little help from Turbine) has created, and to learn the mechanics and the subtleties of the game and the different classes.

Feel free to contact me either in-game with a tell or mail, or shoot me a PM on the forums if I have made the grade, so to speak.

Thanks for reading my babble,

Mav.

Your name, or character name and race (if known): Jahnya/Elf L39 Min

Playstyle: Solo or group

MMO games you’ve played: Earth and Beyond (2 yr), Eve (2+ yrs)

Why kinships should be interested in you. In other words, why choose you and not another player. What do you offer kinships?: lots of MMO exp. I was also in LoTR beta. I have a founder lifetime membership, I'll be around for a long time. I run 3 alts. Min is main alt.

What kind of kinship you are looking for. (This one is very important for recruiters): non-rp, non-drama. I just want to play with a group who wants to play a game, not take over the world. If I want that I can just go back to Eve.

Post Re: Looking for a Kinship? Post here.

name: Bluecat, level 19 woman minstrel.

Preferred server: Elendilmir.

Location. I'm in Pacific Northwest, on Pacific Time. I tend to play evenings, weekends, and Mondays, very casually, maybe 3-15 hours a week. Okay, maybe 15 hours isn't so casual.

Playstyle. I’ve mostly been solo up to now, but I’m running out of quests I can accomplish alone. More than two attacking me, I run. I thought I’d like the crafting stuff, being new to killing. But actually I’m finding the crafting stuff kinda dull. Except prospecting. Exploring the landscape is fun.

MMO games you’ve played: This is my first. I used to play Myst. Stop laughing. I like pretty pictures.

I want to learn to fellowship, and how to function as a minstrel in a fellowship. I’m happy to support other players to accomplish their quests, and to share what scant knowledge I have. I’m kind, cooperative, and a team player once I know the rules.

I'm also thinking it might be fun to develop some friends in the game to hang out and explore.

What kind of kinship you are looking for? Hopefully one with players near my level that I can fellowship with to help complete each other’s quests. A sense of humor and fun is good.
    Edit/Delete Message

Char name fingerling lvl 30 hunter but i have higher lvl alts, age 29. Looking for a kin to raid with/have a general good time. I give gold and help when I can even when a kin member is in mm and im in angmar. I enjoy helping others but realize I have alot to learn yet. Dont wanna be in a kin that has arrogant leaders who acts as though they have never been new to the game.

Your name, or character name and race (if known):Madroxx 48 elf hunter(main), Supertaz 17 man guard, Sabu 15 man minst, Wicked taz 15 Champ man

Playstyle. like to solo and do group raid quests also like to do some of the pvmp

MMO games you’ve played:Asheron's Call for 5+ yrs

Why kinships should be interested in you. In other words, why choose you and not another player. What do you offer kinships?:I like to help out others if i can and also have been the monarch of allegiance in AC for past 2 years

What kind of kinship you are looking for. (This one is very important for recruiters):
    I'm looking for a Kin thats active and that can group with on quests that can complete be they ones i need or those of others i can help out.

Character name and race: Aftathott , 50 Man Champion

Playstyle: Casual hours after work on weekdays, seldom on during weekends. Use to be power gamer in other MMOs, have tone down and just looking for Kinship to provide raiding content for Rift, Hele consistently week in and week out on fixed days.

MMO games you’ve played: EQ,FFXI,WOW

What do you offer kinships?: Raid leadership for raids and strategic planning and running of raids. Provides a ton of humour. Currently also have a group of players that will join the kinship with me, 50 hunter, 50mins and possibly 2 more 50 champions.

What kind of kinship you are looking for?: Preferably an oceanic kinship. Can only raid during week day nights and would prefer to find one within the same timezone. Lately because of the lack of players to go to rift, often in ettens doing PvMP content.

Feel free to contact me either in-game with a tell or mail. Either on my main Aftathott or Alt Behindyou.

Charcter Name: Elenros 21st lv Elven Hunter
    Playstyle:Solo/Group PvE mainly(not much of a PVP environment here compared to say EvE online)
    MMO games I've playedAoC, EvE Online

Why Should your Kinship be Interested in Me?
    Well I'm a hard core gamer (20+ hrs /week), A team player and willing to help others as much as possible. I enjoy using voice servers like Ventrilo or teamspeak. I'm admitly new to LOTRO but learning quickly and enjoy the game. I have enjoyed the raid aspect of games like DAoC and once I'm of a level to particapte will gladly help others in that aspect.

What Kind of Kinship I'm looking for?

Well For starters i'm looking for one that will assist a new player like myself in getting my first charcter up to a respectable level. (at which time I'll be able to do the same for others) A Kinship that is more concerned with the Player not the charcter. One that will provide assistance in learning the game (how to run a hunter, minstrel, loremaster,ect) and one that will help to learn the crafting aspect of the game.

Thumbs up Re: Looking for a Kinship? Post here.

Hey. I guess I'll have a go at this. It's like advertising, except I'm advertising myself, which I don't do very well. I'm a couple-day-old clueless newbie who hates being a clueless newbie. I'm looking for the perfect kinship.

No, "perfect" isn't a typographical error, it's a lamentation on the shortcomings of people named "Leroyjenkins" or "Michaeljordan". If you purposefully stride into a Fantasy MMO environment and subsequently name yourself things including, but not limited to, Leroyjenkins or Michaeljordan, I probably won't like you. Scratch that, no probably about it, I really won't like you. If your kinship tolerates Chuck Norris jokes, real money trade, Leroyjenkins, Michaeljordan, general stupidity, ignorance, racism (real racism, hobbit jokes are, of course, mandatory), and/or vocal extremists of any sort, I probably won't like you.

If your kinship lacks a sense of humor, you probably won't like me, and I probably won't care. I'm intelligent, wickedly sarcastic, fiercely loyal, honest to a fault, selfless to my own detriment, and admittedly, slightly arrogant. As you might have guessed, I have a low tolerance for stupidity and ignorance. These are not the same things as inexperience and curiosity, which are mildly endearing. I'm the kind of person who will spend all day helping a polite newbie, or come down like the wrath of god upon that same newbie if he asks for gold.

I'm a capable RPer, meaning I can and will RP if that's your focus. If your kinship is RP oriented, and can still maintain a sense of humor, then I'd probably be a good fit for you. If your kinship is as grim as the apocalypse on Friday the 13th, I will have to resort to limericks to lighten the mood. If people are still as unpleasant as Sauron after a dental appointment, then I'd probably leave.

If you're offended by the F word, then I probably won't be a good fit. This does not mean that every sentence I type is laced with vulgar profanity in seventeen different languages. This means that if I exclaim the F word once in a great while when the situation demands it, I don't want 25 screens worth of shocked auspices from fellow members, and a cadre of tells from Mother Superior, regurgitating the "family environment" speech like a contingent of riled-up Jack Thompsons.

Anyway, I got sidetracked a bit there, so let me just go ahead and fill in the blanks like a good little soldier.

Name: Ordenath of Rohan - 13 Captain of the Race of Man

Age: 17 - and before you prepare to sound the horn of Helm Hammerhand and charge, I am not typical of my age group. I can affect behavior ranging anywhere from about 3 years old, to about 63 years old, and anywhere in between. I tend to be lighthearted, but if the situation warrants it, I'm all business.

Playstyle: This is a hard section to answer. Timewise, I'm about as hardcore as you can be while working full time. I'm an assistant at a law office, so I work 40 hours a week. I game probably 3-4 hours a night on weekdays, and 5-10 hours on weekends, putting me at 25-40 hours a week. Before someone asks about school, I dropped out at 15 when I was emancipated. That's another deck of cards entirely.

As for how I play MMOs... I challenge myself. I'm the guy running around level 30 zones at level 10, just to look around. The level 15 guy trying to solo a level 20 elite mob. The guy constantly trying to invent alternate ways of doing things. The guy who goes and tries to figure out how to solo a group quest, while everyone else is sitting in town shouting for a group. Not at first... at first, I try to learn the game itself. Once I know the basics, I try to push the limits of what's possible for a given class at a given level. Predictably, this leads to me dying a lot, but the times where I can manage to do something that nobody else thought possible make it all worthwhile

I enjoy grouping when I know my role. I tend to avoid groups when I first start a game, though, because I don't want to make a fool of myself and leave a bad impression. Raiding depends on the game. I did it in FFXI, but not in WoW. Generally speaking, if I end up with a mature bunch of people who raid, and I'm of the appropriate level, then I will probably want to participate as well. I will not, however, actively seek out an endgame or raiding guild. Friends and community first. Gear later.

I'm generally not a crafter in MMOs - I avoid this for the sole reason that, either you succeed or you fail in crafting, there's no alternative ways of doing it, and thus it gets too repetitive for me. I do pick up gathering professions so that I can mine/harvest/otherwise collect resources for my friends and the crafters in my guilds.

PvP is a mixed bag. I also play FPS games by the bundle, so obviously, I can and do PvP, but it's more of a twitch style. I can get into it, as I tend to be fairly competitive, but if the PvP system itself is boring, then I quickly start to avoid it. I did a lot of battlegrounding in WoW, for example, but not really in any other MMO. I am a sucker for organized PvP though, so if your kinship gets a few people together who regularly PvP, I will likely beg to tag along.

I also go through what I call my "anti-burnout" days. Occasionally, I will take an entire play session to wander through newbie areas and just randomly cure and buff people, help with quests, hand out gold, items, or crafting recipes and materials (which I hoard for others because I don't craft), or offer advice. This helps me make new friends, and keeps the games I play new and fresh.

MMO games you’ve played: Gemstone III (MUD), Diablo II (not sure if this counts), Guild Wars, Final Fantasy XI (still play, though not often), EQ2 (for a month), World of Warcraft, Vanguard

Why kinships should be interested in you. In other words, why choose you and not another player. What do you offer kinships?: Years of MMO experience; Good sense of humor; Fiercely loyal, if I'm a good fit, then I'll stay til the end; Capable RPer/RP friendly; Positive and helpful; Inventive, intuitive and strategic; Free crafting materials? ;

What kind of kinship you are looking for. (This one is very important for recruiters): Despite the whole tone of this post, I'm not really that picky. RP or not, doesn't matter to me. If you RP, I will too, if not, then I won't. The bigger the better, but as long as there are a few people around most of the time, I'm not too concerned with that either.

If you have mature members who enjoy laughing and witty banter, who aren't too obsessed with talking like a 12 year old in a text message, who don't name themselves after pop culture icons, and who don't mind an occasional outburst of profanity, then I'll probably fit in pretty well.

Anyway, this whole thing ended up getting way longer than I intended it to, so I guess if you have any additional questions, feel free to toss a PM in my direction, or if you'd care to talk in real time or just shoot the water, my AIM is Veromen040 - feel free to send me an IM

Strayfe - You are not a good fit for my crew =]

That said, that is my kind of post! Well done!

Quote Originally Posted by Artie View Post
    Strayfe - You are not a good fit for my crew =]

That said, that is my kind of post! Well done!

Yeah, Chuck Norris jokes are HUGE with the Team.

But it was an awesome post.
    Prien of Elendilmir
    Wulfrand, Chummli, Mumli, Althaea, Fyonna, and Alto
    "Ghost Bear just misunderstood. :(" [url]http://lotroimages.akamai.lotro.com/media/ghost.swf[/url]

Names: See Signature

Location. (Timezone preferences if any, state/country, etc.): UK

Playstyle. (Solo, group, PvE, PvP, RAIDs, casual, hardcore, end-game, RP, no RP, time limited, crafter, “I don’t know, I’m new to this kind of game”, etc.): Crafter (hence GMs in all crafts). Would like to be a little more active in raiding too.

Why kinships should be interested in you. In other words, why choose you and not another player. What do you offer kinships?: Been playing since Closed Beta and am pretty much a team player. Signed up with OTG on Gladden and have made many wonderful friends. However living in the UK I can't fit into a raiding schedule that starts at 11pm my time and finished 3am on thurs and sun nites hence considering a switch to a server where the players might be raiding on a timescale more suited to me.

I can offer 3 Level 50s who all have crafted teal gear of their choice and of which two (captain and LMs) have had most of their traits worked on. Also GM crafters with +20% tools in every craft assuming I switch all my toons over though in the first instance I'd probably switch one over and see how I fit in the kinship.

What kind of kinship you are looking for. (This one is very important for recruiters): A kinship that can offer raiding on the weekends between 8am GMT and 11pm GMT.
    [center]50 Burg/Capt/Guard/LM/Mins (45 Champ) GM Everything with +20% Tools
    [b]Recrutiing Officer for OTG - Gladden[/b]
    Click Link to Save My Dragons! [url]http://dragcave.ath.cx/viewdragon/IgVz[/url][/center]

Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast