We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Can you macro multiple existing hotbar #s?

Problem in search of a solution: I play a Guard and have multiple sets of gear and stances. It takes several mouse-clicks to switch gear and then stance. I would LOVE to be able to switch via a single keypress or click.

So, I understand that the macro system is something like this: "/shortcut ## <action>"

where ## = the exact hotbar (1-12 for bar0, 13-24 for bar1, etc), and where <action> can be something like "/follow". What I want to know is if you can map existing hotbar numbers to another number. Second, I'm wondering if you can map multiple hotbar numbers to a single number.

In otherwords, can you map something like this? "/shortcut 61 49;50;60"
    Last edited by EnkiduWearsPants; Apr 07 2010 at 07:25 PM. Reason: typo fix
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030000000351ba/01008/signature.png]Gilgamoth[/charsig]

Re: Can you macro multiple existing hotbar #s?

Sure you can. Activate shorcut 61. That would send

49;50;60 to the current active chat channel.

What you have to do something like this:

keybind shortcut 49 to 1
    keybind shortcut 50 to 2
    keybind shortcut 60 to 3

Get a input device capable of sending multiple key strokes. For example, a G15 keyboard. Program one of the keys on the G15 to play back (generate) "123".

each shortcut can only do one atomic action. Send a chat message, do an emote, activate a skill. Keys can activate a shortcut.

You do not have any circular capability that would allow you to lock your client in an infinite loop.

You can not do anything like this:

1) Shortcut 1 - Activate shortcut 2. Shortcut 2 - Activate shortcut 1. Your client is going to in circles chasing its tail until you kill via the task manager. Or power cycle your PC. This leads to shortcut 1, shortcut 2, shortcut 1 ...

2) Key 1 is bound to "2". Key 2 is bound to "1". This leads to 1212121212121212 ...
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Re: Can you macro multiple existing hotbar #s?

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    Sure you can. Activate shorcut 61. That would send

49;50;60 to the current active chat channel.

What you have to do something like this:

keybind shortcut 49 to 1
    keybind shortcut 50 to 2
    keybind shortcut 60 to 3

Get a input device capable of sending multiple key strokes. For example, a G15 keyboard. Program one of the keys on the G15 to play back (generate) "123".

each shortcut can only do one atomic action. Send a chat message, do an emote, activate a skill. Keys can activate a shortcut.

You do not have any circular capability that would allow you to lock your client in an infinite loop.

You can not do anything like this:

1) Shortcut 1 - Activate shortcut 2. Shortcut 2 - Activate shortcut 1. Your client is going to in circles chasing its tail until you kill via the task manager. Or power cycle your PC. This leads to shortcut 1, shortcut 2, shortcut 1 ...

2) Key 1 is bound to "2". Key 2 is bound to "1". This leads to 1212121212121212 ...
    Cool, thanks! I actually have a G15 keyboard. Never got around to using the G1-G6 keys.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030000000351ba/01008/signature.png]Gilgamoth[/charsig]