We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Elven Captains?

Elven Captains?

For awhile I've wondered why there are not any elven captains? I can't think of a good reason for this from a lore or game play perspective. If someone could explain it I would really appreciate it.

Re: Elven Captains?

Quote Originally Posted by BBeltB View Post
    For awhile I've wondered why there are not any elven captains? I can't think of a good reason for this from a lore or game play perspective. If someone could explain it I would really appreciate it.
    Men are the leaders of the War of the Ring, and Elves are waning. There's also the idea that the last of the great Elf-Captains was Gil-Galad. In reality, it's more a way to ensure that humans are special, as they made a design decision to encourage humans, so that the less common races would stay less common. That's also why humans had access to every class at launch, though arguably Elves could've kept Lore-Master to themselves, and Hobbits could've kept Burglars.

With so much shoutings, the lungs inside their slender body won't be able to hold for long
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b00000006044d/signature.png]Ahli[/charsig]

Elven captains would breaklore because they would be OP.

That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by BBeltB View Post

The reason is from Lore perspective -> Elves are leaving the boat, dwarf are digging their tombs, and hobbites with halberd would be .. WRONG ! What's left, race of men.

Quote Originally Posted by Apocatequil View Post
    Elven captains would breaklore because they would be OP. That is all.

I agree, captain would taste something closer to immortality..
    Last edited by MorningStarSE; Apr 07 2010 at 01:49 PM.
    [COLOR=#008080]If it isn't about FlameThrower, Grenade and Rocket Launcher, you're playing the wrong classes, race and game..
    [/COLOR]

Lorewise, as others have said. The next age is the age of "men" (humankind). Humans are the next great leaders and keepers of Middle Earth.

Game-wise, most folks like the role play something besides human...since you already have that experience. Giving the race a dedicated class promotes some folks playing humans when they'd rather pick elf, dwarf, hobbit.

Quote Originally Posted by Sealcow333
    With so much shoutings, the lungs inside their slender body won't be able to hold for long
    Haven't hung out with many elven wardens or minstrels, have you? *shakes head from ringing in ears*
    [CENTER]

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Sealcow333 View Post
    Elves are too polite to shout. That's really it in a nutshell.

I could see Dwarves being Captains, honestly, very easily. Except all of their shouts would be like, "HO! There's the ale!" and "Look! Ore ABOVE ground!"

Quote Originally Posted by Lupini
    Haven't hung out with many elven wardens or minstrels, have you? *shakes head from ringing in ears*
    Well, captains shout at the whole fellowship every 15s or less; minstrels play instrument to the fellowship, and only cry at mobs at most 8 targets per 30s; wardens... I suppose they could, but they take so much breath behind that huge shield!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b00000006044d/signature.png]Ahli[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Vilost View Post
    Elves are too polite to shout. That's really it in a nutshell.
    You've obviously never played a Warden then...

We need hobbit champs to be an option first, then we can talk about the idea of elven Captains. That is all. Good day.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000033dc83/signature.png]Hiruilis[/charsig]

Outshined R6 Mini/ Ikiu R6 Guardian/ Ilidir R5 Champ/ Demion R5 LM

Quote Originally Posted by Jasont531 View Post
    We need hobbit champs to be an option first, then we can talk about the idea of elven Captains. That is all. Good day.
    Down with Hobbits. That is all. Good day.

You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.
    [COLOR=MediumTurquoise][/COLOR][B]Arda Shrugged[/B] [COLOR=MediumTurquoise][Arkenstone][/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by ChampionSword View Post
    "You must have more reputation to leave negative reputation for another user."
    [COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=Red]Ayrolen[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DarkOrange]Anikosi[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Yellow]Anfribur[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Lime]Ametrine[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Amari[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Ayaneth[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Red]Asparagus[/COLOR]-[COLOR=SandyBrown]Anayalos[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Yellow]Alyradal[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Lime]Aloe[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Asiago[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]-[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Altanoin[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]
    7 Haven Way, Tund Loriel, Falathlorn Homesteads
    [COLOR=White]Elendilmir[/COLOR] Arda Shrugged -[COLOR=White]Crickhollow[/COLOR] The Colonists[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][SIZE=1]
    [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by ChampionSword View Post
    Silly! You just don't yet understand what a hobbit champ is capable of. Let me help you. Skirmish soldier warrior, level everything to about 12. Then make him a hobbit. And name him DavidHasselhoff. ZOMG its amazing, he eats FACES. This should be enough to sway you.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000033dc83/signature.png]Hiruilis[/charsig]

Outshined R6 Mini/ Ikiu R6 Guardian/ Ilidir R5 Champ/ Demion R5 LM

I just can't picture elves as captains, the males look too much like the females...

just would be odd playing a dude elf captain that looks like a chick...

probably why they didn't do it.

oh and something about the lore

Silly! You just don't yet understand what a hobbit champ is capable of. Let me help you. Skirmish soldier warrior, level everything to about 12. Then make him a hobbit. And name him DavidHasselhoff. ZOMG its amazing, he eats FACES. This should be enough to sway you.
    Since Hobites are small i would rather say KNEECAPS !

Quote Originally Posted by Larce View Post
    I just can't picture elves as captains, the males look too much like the females...

just would be odd playing a dude elf captain that looks like a chick...

probably why they didn't do it.

oh and something about the lore
    But model look better on female model, go figure.. Would be funny though to have the good looking of a female model on a male model..
    [COLOR=#008080]If it isn't about FlameThrower, Grenade and Rocket Launcher, you're playing the wrong classes, race and game..
    [/COLOR]