We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 129
  1. #101

    Re: Creeps: Would you endure a nerf?

    Quote Originally Posted by Orlandu View Post
    Turbine made creeps equal(In most cases, some classes are just better against others) to geared out, traited, good legacied freeps. The problem with that is there are a lot of casual players on freep side who go to the moors and haven't obtained their gear, grinded out their traits, or have good weapons with good legacies. That is were the imbalance begins. They go to the moors and get killed by ranked creeps without a chance to fight back. So a lot of these players will go to creep side were they get to PvMP to improve their character and can have a PvP ready character in a short amount of time and do not have to spend the long hours grinding traits/legacies. This is why most servers have a higher creep population because it is the more convient side to pvp on for casual players.
    yes, this is a very important point. Many casual players don't want to spend the time it takes to fully gear/trait/level a freep to be competitive or they just get their faces melted one too many times so they go to creepside - not because of the current state of the game (except people who roll wargs right now) but because they can go pvp and see direct improvements to their character. Freepside you have to leave the PvP area to "improve" your toon. The easiest solution to this is to put PvP gear out there again that people actually want. Who was the producer that came up with the lame idea to have the gear that is currently there?
    Last edited by Viloxus; May 04 2010 at 12:42 PM. Reason: spelling error
    [B][COLOR=cyan][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/06205000000039d09/signature.png]Viloxus[/charsig]
    8-time Grand Champion Guinness Drinker[/COLOR][/B]
    [SIZE=2][B][COLOR=silver]June 2008 model in "Failmasters of 2008" Calendar[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][SIZE=2]
    [B][COLOR=green]Making the world a better place one less pair of pants at a time :p [/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]

  2. #102

    Re: Creeps: Would you endure a nerf?

    Quote Originally Posted by Orlandu View Post
    Turbine made creeps equal(In most cases, some classes are just better against others) to geared out, traited, good legacied freeps. The problem with that is there are a lot of casual players on freep side who go to the moors and haven't obtained their gear, grinded out their traits, or have good weapons with good legacies. That is were the imbalance begins. They go to the moors and get killed by ranked creeps without a chance to fight back. So a lot of these players will go to creep side were they get to PvMP to improve their character and can have a PvP ready character in a short amount of time and do not have to spend the long hours grinding traits/legacies. This is why most servers have a higher creep population because it is the more convient side to pvp on for casual players.
    This isn't exactly true since Turbine originally made creeps with respect to different [freep] skill/trait sets, no LI's and different combat mechanics. Since then, things have developed drastically for freeps and in addition there are two new classes which are overall fairly overpowered in terms of pvp (at least compared to similar freep classes). As a result, the way that creeps were originally made in their base form, i.e. the skills and traits that each class has, was no longer balanced against the analogue in terms of freeps. In order to balance things in the way that you suggested, Turbine was left with two options. Develop the creep classes on a similar scale as freeps have been, or just blanket buff them all. They chose the latter, obviously, for reasons that are common knowledge.

    Yes there is an argument that well geared, appropriately traited and well played freeps can compete with even highly ranked creeps and much of the perceived imbalance is due to the casual nature of a vast majority of players and the time investment required to get a freep or creep competitive in the moors. I wouldn't really prescribe to this though since I feel that player skill being equal, a ranked (6+) creep should nearly always win (class miss-match aside) against most freep classes, regardless of how well geared they are. Player skill is the real gate with this thing, as highly skilled (and well geared) freeps will have a winning record vs. not-so-skilled creeps, regardless of rank, but highly skilled creeps will be far more challenging (by nature).

    Is this a problem? I think that is in the eye of the beholder. For me, freeps ALWAYS, despite the OP nature of many creep classes, have the advantage in large group and raid vs raid combat. There are two reasons for this in my opinion. Firstly, the way in which freeps and creeps apply damage and heal. For the most part, creep damage comes from DoTs whilst freep damage is predominantly burst. Yes there are a few highly damaging burst skills for creeps too, but if you simply take "skills that can do over 1k damage" for all classes and then see what the score is for freeps vs creeps, you'll see what I mean. The same is also true for healing output, but the difference here is not so pronounced. Again, yes creeps have a few big heals, but they are all on medium to long cooldowns and so cannot be spammed as Bolster Courage can be. The result of this in large group battles is that freep focus healing has time to negate the full potential of creep dps whereas freep focus fire can get in and take down targets fast before the full potential of some creep heals can be realised.

    The second reason I will only mention and hopefully not be drawn into a great discussion about (been there, done that, it all comes down to opinion), and that is the number and quality of group buffs and emergency skills that freeps have access to as opposed to creeps. The difference is not huge, I admit, but freeps do edge this, and so as a result, as group size goes up and up, freeps can become more and more solid (on a slightly faster rate than creeps).

    Now if we go back from these assertions (maybe just my opinion, no need to have kittens over them), and begin with a situation where creeps and freeps are more-or-less equal (in 1v1's) across a broad range of ranks/gear/traits as long as player skill is not considered, then return back up to the large group sizes where inherent freep/creep differences lend themselves towards a freep advantage, THEN we will have NET imbalance.

    Anyway, sorry for the second long post in succession. It appears as though many of you responding to the first post I made misinterpreted the core of what I was saying and so it appears that it was necessary for me to explain what I meant in more depth. Grats if you got this far.
    Last edited by pibob314; May 04 2010 at 01:10 PM.
    Wulfhram (Hunter), Boborrin (Champ), Garrth (Captain) assorted others

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,347

    Re: Creeps: Would you endure a nerf?

    Just to clarify... Freep traits have not improved. In addition, anything that has a rating value has acutally gone DOWN in effectiveness each time a freep leveled on the way to 65. Creeps have gotten more and more powerful every major patch. I can't beleive some are so blind that they can't see that the balance has tipped, and tipped in the way that is not healthy for the long term life expectancy of the moors.
    [color=yellow] [b] "Dear Devs, Please nerf Rock. Paper is okay. Sincerely, Scissors." [/b] [/color]

    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a000000065efe/01008/signature.png]Mistake[/charsig]

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,068

    Re: Creeps: Would you endure a nerf?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zzyn View Post
    Just to clarify... Freep traits have not improved. In addition, anything that has a rating value has acutally gone DOWN in effectiveness each time a freep leveled on the way to 65.
    Furthermore, traits and many skills have not scaled with the game. Back in the SoA days, maxing valour was pretty effective. lol, now a piece jewelry gives more morale. And the dedicated trait lines are just as much of a hinderance as they are a benefit (5 second mezz...lol!).

    Creeps have gotten more and more powerful every major patch. I can't beleive some are so blind that they can't see that the balance has tipped, and tipped in the way that is not healthy for the long term life expectancy of the moors.
    Most of the probably know deep down, but don't want to admit anything lest they lose easymode.

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,068

    Re: Creeps: Would you endure a nerf?

    Quote Originally Posted by Viloxus View Post
    yes, this is a very important point. Many casual players don't want to spend the time it takes to fully gear/trait/level a freep to be competitive or they just get their faces melted one too many times so they go to creepside - not because of the current state of the game (except people who roll wargs right now) but because they can go pvp and see direct improvements to their character. Freepside you have to leave the PvP area to "improve" your toon. The easiest solution to this is to put PvP gear out there again that people actually want. Who was the producer that came up with the lame idea to have the gear that is currently there?
    In the extremely unlikely event someone who has any control over this reads your post, I would like to add for posterity that not only is the gear junk, it's unobtainable.

  6. #106

    Re: Creeps: Would you endure a nerf?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zzyn View Post
    Just to clarify... Freep traits have not improved. In addition, anything that has a rating value has acutally gone DOWN in effectiveness each time a freep leveled on the way to 65. Creeps have gotten more and more powerful every major patch. I can't beleive some are so blind that they can't see that the balance has tipped, and tipped in the way that is not healthy for the long term life expectancy of the moors.
    Roughly 6 (iirc, could have been more) new traits per class at the start of MoM. New trait line bonuses allowing for additional improvement. 3 new legendary traits per class. Compared to all those new traits that creeps got, oh wait.... Even something small is greater than nothing.

    Also, let me just comment on this ridculous comment about effectiveness going down as you level when it comes to rating stats. OF COURSE IT DOES!!! Even a moron can realise that that is the way it is supposed to be. Are you suggesting the alternative? I obtained max rating gear at level 60, cap everything I want, (e.g. melee crit and incoming healing), then at some point in the future, level to let's say 80, keep the same gear (and hence same rating) as I had when I was 60, AND STILL BE CAPPED? Come on now let's be realistic for a second. To be capped, i.e. to be at the highest possible attainable level in the game, you're going to need to grind the best gear possible for each successive level cap. Be it, 60, 65 or 105. The rating system is WAI. I can't believe you would even suggest that as a credible argument.

    And for the record, I never said that the balance hadn't tipped. I openly admit that on a solo level, creeps are far more powerful than freeps overall. I don't think this is a bad thing though because freeps regain the advantage by utilising their slightly (for the sake of argument) superior group capacity which stacks as group size increases. Small groups, creeps have the advantage. Big groups, freeps have the advantage. Medium groups, it's roughly even. Oh my god, what are we going to do? That's so terrible....
    Wulfhram (Hunter), Boborrin (Champ), Garrth (Captain) assorted others

  7. #107

    Re: Creeps: Would you endure a nerf?

    Quote Originally Posted by pibob314 View Post
    Answer me this. How has the creep skill/trait sets changed since SoA? Apart from VERY few minor changes, the skill/trait sets are pretty much exactly as they were back then.
    I concur, creeps have definitely not received massive and stackable incurable dots, spammable power drains, more non-common damage or spammable CJs from green dots. They also did not keep their very high avoidances and non-common mitigations while the avoidances/NC mits of freeps plummeted.

    My question is, what group utility skills do you think were added?
    Guardians? some single target attacks, but nothing that contributes to a group.
    Minstrel? They got better DPS which is kind of anti-group utility because most of them like to run around deepsing. Soliloquy of Spirit is about it
    Hunter? Burn Hot doesn't support other members of your group. Pop a power drain on the hunter and he'll be removed from the fight after BH expires. I guess Improved SotE is super group utility because then the LM doesn't have to give you power!!!
    Warden? Conviction
    RK? If a RK isn't dead in the first 5 seconds of an engagement your wargs are doing it wrong
    LM? ISG? It looks pretty and is fun to use, but the DoT is pretty lame. Pop off an AoE heal and all the hurt is gone. I'll give you faster ents CD though.
    Champs? Deathstorm.
    Captain? IHW got nerfed. Did get VS though
    Burg? They can HIPS and run at 100% speed? Don't say IFA opening up trip because real men HIPS and trip anyways
    5

    Now, what group utility was added to creeps?
    Spider mez. Venomous Haze(aka remove a warden or minstrel from the battle field). Uruk heal(the number of R9 uruks in SoA is dwarf by the number now. Acting like it's not an addition of group utility is stupid). Heal debuff(the only one in the game). The best CC on a 10s CD. Power drains. Free +healing done.
    7. If I really felt like it I could scrounge around for more but I'm lazy right now

    I'm not a part of the omgwtfcreepsaresoop bandwagon(although I do think it's silly that my R3 warg is so effective and also so easy to play), but to whine that freeps have so far surpassed creeps is stupid.

    Honestly, I think that things are relatively balanced out there right now. There are overpowered as hell CDs on either side but whatever. The things that are stupid and need to be fixed(IMO) are cripple + pounce and creep armour contributing 100% to non-common mits(it should be 20% like freeps, or maybe 50% but 100% is just stupid).

    The real issue though is population. The creeps being weaker therefore they should be easier to make argument is stupid because...they're not weaker. It's not a very easy thing to fix though without adding instancing or pissing players off by telling them they can't go somewhere
    Creativename - R3 Clawspammer

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Tirith Rhaw
    Posts
    3,169

    Re: Creeps: Would you endure a nerf?

    i posted early in the thread, but are the last 6-7 pages worth reading?

    wtb summary
    [CENTER][FONT=Garamond][B][COLOR=#424242]« [COLOR=#FF0000]S[/COLOR]eyz [COLOR=#FF0000]V[/COLOR]anguard - R14 »[/COLOR][/B][/FONT]

    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042040000000a4551/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [/CENTER]

  9. #109
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Killing a Boogan somm'ers, 'cause they remind me of Bogarts.
    Posts
    2,997

    Re: Creeps: Would you endure a nerf?

    Quote Originally Posted by Differential View Post
    My question is, what group utility skills do you think were added?
    Rune-keepers and Wardens.
    ****Bogarts! We hates Bogarts!****

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,805

    Re: Creeps: Would you endure a nerf?

    Quote Originally Posted by Odin_of_Freyr View Post
    i posted early in the thread, but are the last 6-7 pages worth reading?
    No.

    Quote Originally Posted by Odin_of_Freyr View Post
    wtb summary
    The grass is greener on the other side of the Ettenmoores.

  11. #111

    Re: Creeps: Would you endure a nerf?

    You do realize that with MIrkwood not only did every freep loose 5% morale off the back along with a nerf to virtues but the new gear is worthless for many classes so that the loss in morale/stats is permanent.

    Turbine again and again adds 5 weights to one side while taking 7 off the other side.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d000000049228/signature.png]Beneros[/charsig]

  12. #112

    Re: Creeps: Would you endure a nerf?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous32 View Post
    You do realize that with MIrkwood not only did every freep loose 5% morale off the back along with a nerf to virtues but the new gear is worthless for many classes so that the loss in morale/stats is permanent.

    Turbine again and again adds 5 weights to one side while taking 7 off the other side.
    Really? I suppose "every freep" includes all Guardians and Wardens and my Champ (who is probably a rather typical example considering the amount that I am now playing him) who runs at roughly 800 more morale than back in MoM (standard build, morale build is more like 1k more) doesn't count. WTB examples pls and less hyperbole.

    EDIT: I suppose you are referring to the morale bonus from radiance, in which case you must also be assuming that every single player also uses exactly the same gear as they were using pre-Mirkwood, otherwise your argument would be moot. Virtues were not nerfed across the board. SOME of them were converted to a rating system which can work both ways (be a buff OR a nerf) depending on your starting rating pre-slotting the virtue. Again, a moot point. WTB less hyperbole again pls...
    Last edited by pibob314; May 05 2010 at 05:45 PM.
    Wulfhram (Hunter), Boborrin (Champ), Garrth (Captain) assorted others

  13. #113

    Re: Creeps: Would you endure a nerf?

    Quote Originally Posted by Odin_of_Freyr View Post
    i posted early in the thread, but are the last 6-7 pages worth reading?

    wtb summary
    Usual story tbh. Everyone who disagrees with me is wrong, lol. You, of all people, should know this by now.

    (For those who don't know, this is a joke btw. I'm merely expressing my right to express my opinion and if you get upset about that then you need to seek help...)
    Wulfhram (Hunter), Boborrin (Champ), Garrth (Captain) assorted others

  14. #114
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,805

    Re: Creeps: Would you endure a nerf?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous32 View Post
    You do realize that with MIrkwood not only did every freep loose 5% morale off the back along with a nerf to virtues but the new gear is worthless for many classes so that the loss in morale/stats is permanent.

    Turbine again and again adds 5 weights to one side while taking 7 off the other side.
    Shouldn't you be leveling right now?
    I'm freakin' starving to death out here.

  15. #115
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    2,237

    Re: Creeps: Would you endure a nerf?

    group / small group / raid mechanics for true vs. fights are more balanced than I can remember in the last 2 years.

    it is the incentives and basic risk/reward system that has always been broken. As in, there is a system for creeps, and none for freeps.

    Yes, for many of us the only incentive needed is the promise of PvP, and I do understand that rewards systems are risky because they are constantly being exploited, however Turbine has demonstrated that they have the technology and capability to prevent most of that.

    PvP gear needs to happen for freeps. It needs to be ONLY usable in the moors, and it needs to carry a signifigant PvP improvement or an ability to set up your character in a unique way FOR PVP. As it stands now, almost every class has a "target" build that you can find most players using.

    Also: there needs to be BATTLES, set up #vs# entry systems similar to the way that skirmishes are done now, only with NO NPCS, only real players. The number of times that one could participate in those PvP Skirmishes could be limited so as to motivate both sides to also participate in PvP on the Map.

    Lastly: New Map, or some new changes (personally I would love to see holes ripped into the ground causing an open transition from DOF to Above ground at locations randomly chosen and changing over time (maybe the old hotspots?)
    GK - "But whether he slept or not I dare not Say; he could have remembered many
    Things. Yet let him lie as he will, His adventure ringing In his ears."

  16. #116

    Re: Creeps: Would you endure a nerf?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerboa View Post
    Shouldn't you be leveling right now?
    I'm freakin' starving to death out here.

    I got finals going on in school but Im trying to get on as much as I can. I should be 57 and gearing up this weekend. =)
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d000000049228/signature.png]Beneros[/charsig]

  17. #117
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,347

    Re: Creeps: Would you endure a nerf?

    Quote Originally Posted by ozz1376 View Post
    ..... It needs to be ONLY usable in the moors, and it needs to carry a signifigant PvP improvement or an ability to set up your character in a unique way FOR PVP. As it stands now, almost every class has a "target" build that you can find most players using.
    I disagree that it should be moors only, unless we get a moors-only bank to store another whole set of equipment in. Space is already woe-fully low, and just increasing the amount of crud I have to carry and store would annoy me and I'm sure many others.
    [color=yellow] [b] "Dear Devs, Please nerf Rock. Paper is okay. Sincerely, Scissors." [/b] [/color]

    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a000000065efe/01008/signature.png]Mistake[/charsig]

  18. #118
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Slappertown
    Posts
    477

    Re: Creeps: Would you endure a nerf?

    I don't want a nerf. I don't need a nerf either.

    Most of the freeps I see just need to group up. Had a prime example today. Freeps facerolled everything for an hour. Think one or two died because they left the main group. Otherwise Freeps 10 Creeps 2.

    I think most of the whinning being done by freeps these days is primarily due to them being outnumbered. When the numbers balance is fixed then and only then can you examine the classes properly. Lets face it though, most want an I win button on their keyboard.
    Seanie

  19. #119
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    2,237

    Re: Creeps: Would you endure a nerf?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zzyn View Post
    I disagree that it should be moors only, unless we get a moors-only bank to store another whole set of equipment in. Space is already woe-fully low, and just increasing the amount of crud I have to carry and store would annoy me and I'm sure many others.
    that would almost be a given...say get rank 6 get an extra vault spot

    and you just reminded me of something: GIVE CREEPS FRAKKING MAIL ALREADY
    GK - "But whether he slept or not I dare not Say; he could have remembered many
    Things. Yet let him lie as he will, His adventure ringing In his ears."

  20. #120
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Victoria, BC, Canada (the part with no snow)
    Posts
    157

    Re: Creeps: Would you endure a nerf?

    I personally would take a nerf, it might even make me resub. It's at the point now where if I run into 2 average freeps as long as one isn't a guardian or warden I have a fairly decent chance of winning a 1v2, it gets to the point where I'm not really playing for the fight I'm just harvesting infamy nodes. Now thats not to say all freeps suck or are skilless or something, theres a few that I very much enjoy 1v1ing but sadly most of the time it's red map with nothing to do besides join the other 49 creeps camping 8 freeps in BV. I would try a different creep class however I loved the feel of the warg back when I started and I just can't really get into the other creep classes.

    Another point would be the combat system. With every fight being very fast conjunctions are now way too powerful as shown by wargs and burgs dominating this book. A complete disable for 5s of a 20s fight can sway the fight entirely one way. I don't know how they could do it but if Turbine could bring back combat from SoA that was slower and more skillful (IMO) with less hitting for 2000+ and unbreakable stuns it would be perfect. Sadly this won't happen so I'll have to be content with hoping for some kind of new PvMP update in the next book/expansion to respark my love for LoTRO and monster play.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208010000041ca5/signature.png]Iatedirt[/charsig]

  21. #121

    Re: Creeps: Would you endure a nerf?

    Quote Originally Posted by ZeppelinCobalt View Post
    Yet Freeps renown gain numbers are still superior to Creeps.

    Yes it is hard for freeps with small numbers. However, when in larger numbers, Freeps will win.

    Freeps have far superior heals and AoE and burst damage. Champions alone have 6 AoE attacks. This is almost as many AoEs as the creeps have total. I believe the Moors are fairly balanced at the moment. The balance is not perfect, I agree.

    The biggest advantage to Creeps is the max morale pool and armour value, and the fact that we are already 65 and we only need to die 50 times while ranking and get some DP to make us strong.

    I understand what you are saying and I respect your honesty, but I don't think I can support this.
    did this guy just say freeps have better heals?! /SLAP

    funny thing is your a rank 10 warleader,

    *you have over 8,200 armour value (thats almost double what most gaurdians have lol)

    * can heal 3k on crits as an aoe heal

    * "snap out of it" skill that pulls you and all around you out of CC,

    *bubble every couple seconds that basically puts people in god mode,

    * uruk heal which heals you and 5 others around you (dont have to be in the same group just have to be in the area when the skill goes off) fully on HP with no induction and a 15minute cooldown,

    *can rezz up to 5 targets (again, group not necessary) and upon revival they have 70% HP and power.


    ill bet my account that if war leaders would dps like minstrels you would still say "im not in favor of being nerfed" and "i think things are nicely balanced"

    i see it as either you know your OP and having to much fun with it to want to give it up or you dont realize how OP creep side is cause you havent havent played on freep side
    I do it for the lulz. ~SnH~
    People @ turbine/WB are a huge tease, but dont worry they end up screwing you on every update/expansion.
    " When enough scrubs get together, they accomplish great things "

  22. #122

    Re: Creeps: Would you endure a nerf?

    Quote Originally Posted by ZeppelinCobalt View Post
    You're basing your hatred of creep playstyle on your server alone. Turbine will never nerf Creeps because one server has easymoding cowards.

    While I have enjoyed being able to actually fight the freeps without having 2-1 numbers, it is still hard to fight them 1-1 and we usually lose. I play Creepside because I've always enjoyed healing, and now that most of the veteran leaders have left due to lack of attention from Turbine, I've been forced to lead raids. I don't get to play my class the way it should be played. I have always been an aggressive player and when I lead Creep raids I will be as aggressive as I can. If I'm sitting in NPCs it's because I won't be able to get more than 2 kills before over half my raid is dead.

    On larger servers creeps roll in zergs whether going solo because they're greedy or grouped because they actually have a leader. Freeps are then forced to roll in zerg groups too. This is why I transferred my WL back to Windfola from BW. I hate having to deal with 30-vs-30 and both either side deciding for some reason they don't want to risk dying.

    If I were to play my Reaver, my average death per 2-3k infamy, which usually takes all day to get, is probably inbetween 10 and 30, depending on how much I really want the kill.

    My champion can make the 2-3k much easier and with less deaths and playing for only a few hours.

    I suppose Creeps could use a tiny tweak. But I fail to see how this would help Creeps on your server to stop playing like cowards, in fact, I believe it will cause their cowardice to grow.

    I have played my creep a long time, and been the underdog for a while. But most of my ranks I gained with a group called Veni Vidi Vici or Terminus Venatus Triumphus, I'm sure you've heard of them. They were a very elite hardcore PvP group and a lot of the freeps hated us because we played cautiously but with extreme skill.

    I'd rather not see either side become an underdog, I like challenges, but having to be an underdog on a server where I'm one of very few active WLs would just make me quit at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeppelinCobalt View Post
    Makes sense. However on Windfola things are different, Freeps don't group, Creeps always do. Freeps don't need to group to get kills. Creeps start out green and blue dot and need to PvP to earn ranks and better skills etc. Meanwhile the freeps can kill these easy targets.

    Creeps don't have greendots to kill Freepside. I suppose though, that if Freeps were forced to buy DP too and would start out as a greendot in the Moors then this would possibly even the numbers out.

    Usually freeps on Windfola at the top get 5-7k a day and they are almost always solo. Creeps at the top will get 3-5k a day and they are almost always solo.

    But otherwise, yes, I see your point and I guess the renown and infamy numbers are not as exact for which side is better etc.
    OMG I....I get it now...its not you,its your server. windfola must be the 1 server where freeps dominate atm (that i understand form what your writing)....hmm now this conclusion leads me to think the creeps there either button mash or dont work well together, or maybe they just arent having what every other server has right now

    4 creeps for every freep





    or maybe your crazy (O_O)
    I do it for the lulz. ~SnH~
    People @ turbine/WB are a huge tease, but dont worry they end up screwing you on every update/expansion.
    " When enough scrubs get together, they accomplish great things "

  23. #123
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Killing a Boogan somm'ers, 'cause they remind me of Bogarts.
    Posts
    2,997

    Re: Creeps: Would you endure a nerf?

    Quote Originally Posted by sebo2yoface View Post
    or maybe they just arent having what every other server has right now

    4 creeps for every freep
    So it's not really the creeps that need a nerf is it, it's the play style of your server.

    A large number of PvP players have always been like this, they will 'jump ship' to the side they think has the numbers. They don't want a 'good fight', they want to farm and feel like they are winning.



    And yes, Windfola is a server where, most of the time, players will flip to the freep side when the creep numbers start to increase.
    ****Bogarts! We hates Bogarts!****

  24. #124
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Killing a Boogan somm'ers, 'cause they remind me of Bogarts.
    Posts
    2,997

    Re: Creeps: Would you endure a nerf?

    Quote Originally Posted by FatsTheBlob View Post
    I personally would take a nerf, it might even make me resub. It's at the point now where if I run into 2 average freeps as long as one isn't a guardian or warden I have a fairly decent chance of winning a 1v2, it gets to the point where I'm not really playing for the fight I'm just harvesting infamy nodes. Now thats not to say all freeps suck or are skilless or something, theres a few that I very much enjoy 1v1ing but sadly most of the time it's red map with nothing to do besides join the other 49 creeps camping 8 freeps in BV. I would try a different creep class however I loved the feel of the warg back when I started and I just can't really get into the other creep classes.

    Another point would be the combat system. With every fight being very fast conjunctions are now way too powerful as shown by wargs and burgs dominating this book. A complete disable for 5s of a 20s fight can sway the fight entirely one way. I don't know how they could do it but if Turbine could bring back combat from SoA that was slower and more skillful (IMO) with less hitting for 2000+ and unbreakable stuns it would be perfect. Sadly this won't happen so I'll have to be content with hoping for some kind of new PvMP update in the next book/expansion to respark my love for LoTRO and monster play.

    So re-roll, there's your nerf.

    Everyone knew that when they started a creep, they would be at a disadvantage at the low ranks. The counter balance to this is you will be at an advantage at upper ranks.

    So why did you rank to a high rank?
    ****Bogarts! We hates Bogarts!****

  25. #125
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Victoria, BC, Canada (the part with no snow)
    Posts
    157

    Re: Creeps: Would you endure a nerf?

    Quote Originally Posted by Toranoga View Post
    So re-roll, there's your nerf.

    Everyone knew that when they started a creep, they would be at a disadvantage at the low ranks. The counter balance to this is you will be at an advantage at upper ranks.

    So why did you rank to a high rank?
    Yes I knew I would eventually end up with an advantage but what high ranked wargs have right now is beyond an advantage.

    Re-roll to band-aid fix a broken system? Thats seems counter-productive, I instead chose to unsub... only 4 days left.

    Oh and to answer that last question, I enjoyed my warg so I played it more which led to infamy which in turn led to ranking up, I've heard thats what happens in the Ettenmoors.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208010000041ca5/signature.png]Iatedirt[/charsig]

 

 
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload