We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 129
  1. #51

    Re: Creeps: Would you endure a nerf?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCrusher View Post
    Possibly *the* goofiest thing I've read all week.
    Agreed, 10 will steam roll a Reaver of any rank.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,005

    Re: Creeps: Would you endure a nerf?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCrusher View Post
    Then why are we complaining about one side if everything is situational?
    lol who knows

    Really the ONLY things i want now - A new zone because i am so god damn sick of the ettenmoors and some incentive for more freeps to come out or more players in general (Maybe Eld and Brand wouldnt want more players, i dont know, but i would defiantly like to see more people on nimrodel)

    Im just so tired of hearing about balance and all that **** when we have been in the same damn zone for 3 years
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b01000006e8f3/signature.png]Kerishnak[/charsig]
    ~Kerishnak Rank 9 Reaver!~~ ~~Vajyno Rank 5 Defiler~~ ~~Namrod Rank 8 Loremaster of Eru~~ ~~Feynor Rank 6 warden oh and a rank 4 ezmode warg

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Indiana, USA
    Posts
    1,479

    Re: Creeps: Would you endure a nerf?

    Quote Originally Posted by ZeppelinCobalt View Post
    Who said anything about DPS? WLs DPS is far worse than Captains. Take my word for it.... or continue to ignore my posts and spew lies.
    I never said WLs can DPS.


    Quote Originally Posted by ZeppelinCobalt View Post
    WL Buff is 10% less, only works out of combat and is still group only. What is your point?????
    What was your point then about our run buff? The only time you need a Captain's run buff is if you are chasing something or spiders drop their poop on the ground. Even then you have to be sure that any champs in your group aren't sprinting because it overrides it.

    WL run buff is more like the hunter's find the path (which can go to 21% with leg)

    Quote Originally Posted by ZeppelinCobalt View Post
    Please read my previous post. Rallying Cry is a shorter CD than Quit Whining And Fight. But I'm guessing your Captain doesn't have very good LI's. And if this is true, you have no right to argue WLs Vs. Captains. Every detail counts, including gear. If creeps need to "Gear" out their character by getting ranks and purchasing skills, you need to count Freeps getting there gear.
    I personally haven't gotten the legacy. My legacies on my Emblem are most of the + healing ones. I would have liked the Rally Cry but so far I haven't come across a good LI to replace my old 60 SA one. Quit Whining and Fight is a 10s CD and can heal 1200+ morale. That is without a crit. You can get Rallying Cry down to 8.3 seconds IF you have the leg maxed out AND 5 DN pieces. Without 5 DN pieces you can get Rallying Cry down to 15 seconds with the leg. My Rallying Cry is still a 465-665 initial heal that can possibly crit to 1100. The HoT is for 25-35.

    Quote Originally Posted by ZeppelinCobalt View Post
    Wrong again. WLs have all of 2 heals. One you start with, 1 at R1. Then you get a 15m instant cast heal and 10m CD 2.5s Induction heal at R9. Minstrels have.... atleast 7 iirc correctly. WL can in NO way compare to a minstrel for healing, aside from hitting the 15m CD uruk heal which hits any 100% RANDOM 6 targets within 20m of you. Even on my small server I rarely get the heal myself.


    ~~Khronus
    That's why I said they are a mix and NOT a mini.

    I was originally arguing against the fact that a raid with captains was better than a raid with WLs. In a raid situation, having more WLs is better than having more Captains. In both situations, having too many Captains/WLs is a bad thing.

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Hiding in Keeps
    Posts
    1,134

    Re: Creeps: Would you endure a nerf?

    Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    I never said WLs can DPS.
    EDIT: If we're comparing Captains Vs. WLs, don't say Captains can't DPS but ignore the fact that WLs are far worse at it.


    What was your point then about our run buff? The only time you need a Captain's run buff is if you are chasing something or spiders drop their poop on the ground. Even then you have to be sure that any champs in your group aren't sprinting because it overrides it.

    WL run buff is more like the hunter's find the path (which can go to 21% with leg)
    EDIT: WL run buff has NO Legacy. So not it is not like hunter run buff. It costs power per second and can only be put on when out of combat. Hunters can keep theirs up at no costs 24/7 even in combat, it just doesn't effect them.


    I personally haven't gotten the legacy. My legacies on my Emblem are most of the + healing ones. I would have liked the Rally Cry but so far I haven't come across a good LI to replace my old 60 SA one. Quit Whining and Fight is a 10s CD and can heal 1200+ morale. That is without a crit. You can get Rallying Cry down to 8.3 seconds IF you have the leg maxed out AND 5 DN pieces. Without 5 DN pieces you can get Rallying Cry down to 15 seconds with the leg. My Rallying Cry is still a 465-665 initial heal that can possibly crit to 1100. The HoT is for 25-35.
    Exactly what I said in my post on the previous page. I told you to go read it but you still haven't. I think it should explain a lot.


    That's why I said they are a mix and NOT a mini.
    And I am saying it is NOT a mix, because it's heals are nowhere near compared to a minstrels. And if you read my previous post, you'd know that Captain heals are about even with WLs. I'm not basing this just on the heal numbers, but CDs, inductions etc. PLEASE read my posts before calling me out on something, ty.

    I was originally arguing against the fact that a raid with captains was better than a raid with WLs. In a raid situation, having more WLs is better than having more Captains.
    A Full raid of Creeps with 1 WL per group is not as good as a full raid of freeps with 1 Captain per group.

    I'm not saying that 4 captains in a raid is better than 8 WLs in a raid.

    In both situations, having too many Captains/WLs is a bad thing.
    You can almost never have too many captains or WLs. They're both very amazing class, and unless you're in a PvE DPS race, the healing they can all put out makes up for everything else. :P
    Last edited by ZeppelinCobalt; Apr 06 2010 at 02:23 PM.
    [center]
    ~R7 Guardian. R7 Burglar. R6 Captain. R7 Champion.~
    ~R11 WarLeader Sexpanther, Unhallowed.~
    [i][b][u][color=#FFFF00]~~~[/color][color=#FF0000]Arkenstone[/color][color=#FFFF00]~~~[/color][color=#FF0000]~~~[/color][color=#FFFF00]Elendilmir[/color][color=#FF0000]~~~[/color][/b][/u][/i][/center]

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Posts
    1,157

    Re: Creeps: Would you endure a nerf?

    Quote Originally Posted by AnderlornLOTR View Post
    No nerf required.

    I already went through one nerf and it was called MoM.

    Looking at the stats for all servers, the renown still outnumbers the infamy.
    Renown vs. Infamy is the worse way to consider whats balanced in the moors.

    We all know creeps outnumber the freeps most of the time, therefore a creep kill is worth more points than a freep kill.
    [B][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Thunderlipz TheUltimateMale - Rank 10 Champ[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#ff0000]Newbsauce GoForBroke - Rank 8 Reaver[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#ffd700]R.I.P. Nidor of Brandywine 1970-2012 ~Wish You Were Here~[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Indiana, USA
    Posts
    1,479

    Re: Creeps: Would you endure a nerf?

    Quote Originally Posted by ZeppelinCobalt View Post
    EDIT: If we're comparing Captains Vs. WLs, don't say Captains can't DPS but ignore the fact that WLs are far worse at it.




    EDIT: WL run buff has NO Legacy. So not it is not like hunter run buff. It costs power per second and can only be put on when out of combat. Hunters can keep theirs up at no costs 24/7 even in combat, it just doesn't effect them. Hunters have to have the legacy in order to make it 21%. It's still out of combat like WL run buff. 8 power per second out of combat is nothing to cry about. The hunter run buff is IMHO bugged atm because if you have two hunters in a group some and only one has the leg, some people get one run buff and others get the other run buff.




    Exactly what I said in my post on the previous page. I told you to go read it but you still haven't. I think it should explain a lot.




    And I am saying it is NOT a mix, because it's heals are nowhere near compared to a minstrels. And if you read my previous post, you'd know that Captain heals are about even with WLs. I'm not basing this just on the heal numbers, but CDs, inductions etc. PLEASE read my posts before calling me out on something, ty. It is more like a mix. WLs are better healers than Captains. Captains have HoTs though and buffs. WLs can buff but it costs them pps. Minstrels have more heals but then I never said a WL was a mini. Maybe you should read my posts.



    A Full raid of Creeps with 1 WL per group is not as good as a full raid of freeps with 1 Captain per group. This is entirely situational. It depends on the group make-up for the raid. I would argue that having 1 captain per group is all you really want unless you are pretty stacked with DPS classes.

    I'm not saying that 4 captains in a raid is better than 8 WLs in a raid.



    You can almost never have too many captains or WLs. They're both very amazing class, and unless you're in a PvE DPS race, the healing they can all put out makes up for everything else. :P
    To be honest we both sound stupid for trying to compare a Creep class with a Freep class. How each class interacts in a group setting is different for each side. That's what makes PvP fun in this game. No one Creep class is exactly like any one Freep class. They share similarities at times but that is all.

  7. #57

    Re: Creeps: Would you endure a nerf?

    Quote Originally Posted by AnderlornLOTR View Post
    Looking at the stats for all servers, the renown still outnumbers the infamy.
    Why do people keep referring to renown as an indicator that things are balanced or in freep favor? So when we're outnumbered at Ost/GV and manage to repeatedly kill the greenies/blues that push too far forward or someone one shots 1/2 a raid, that is freeps winning? Never mind the fact that we can't take a keep or fight in any other location more than a minute before the zerg maps to face rolls us.

    Turbine made the zone objective based PvP with outsposts/keeps/relics/delving etc, yet all creeps want to talk about is kills. Ignore the fact that keeps are red 95%(made up) of the time. Its not because freeps don't want them and try, its because of the superiority of creep maps and numbers. Its rare for me to log on and not have the 5% infamy buff from creeps owning both relics and I don't recall ever trying to go to delving on my creep and it being closed.

  8. #58

    Re: Creeps: Would you endure a nerf?

    I think the balancing mech needs to be upped. If there are 2 creeps and 1 freep with in 50 yards, the freep should get 50% Damage Reduction. Visa Versa etc...
    Ararax

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    8,332

    Re: Creeps: Would you endure a nerf?

    Hell yeah, I could still easily kill people as a reaver when DS crit for like 7-800. Now it's more of a can I kill this 2-3 man group, lol.

    EDIT: because of the existence of greenies, I'd just as soon as ignore the posts about renown/infamy comparisons. People that throw that around either have no knowledge of what this games pvp mechanics are, or like the easymode that creepside is now. Either way, it's irrelevant.
    Last edited by Thorandril; Apr 06 2010 at 04:31 PM.
    There may come a time for valor without renown, for those without swords may surely still die upon them.


  10. #60
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,805

    Re: Creeps: Would you endure a nerf?

    Quote Originally Posted by ararax2 View Post
    I think the balancing mech needs to be upped. If there are 2 creeps and 1 freep with in 50 yards, the freep should get 50% Damage Reduction. Visa Versa etc...
    Are you sure a PvP zone is your thing?

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Rule Britannia! Britannia, rules the waves!
    Posts
    330

    Re: Creeps: Would you endure a nerf?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerboa View Post
    So, as a Creep, would you support that kind of a nerf?
    No. And if it ever came I would hitch a ride with the caravan of current creeps/former freeps returning to their promised homeland.

    I would quit shortly after tergiversating, wracked by guilt I would seek redemption by renouncing violence and spend my life planting crops in Bree, one seed for every life I took. The victims' families will protest that this self-imposed punishment is no punishment at all and will begin legal proceedings. Needless to say my piety will be short-lived.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020100001d324b/signature.png]Khwarezmian[/charsig]

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Hiding in Keeps
    Posts
    1,134

    Re: Creeps: Would you endure a nerf?

    Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    To be honest we both sound stupid for trying to compare a Creep class with a Freep class. How each class interacts in a group setting is different for each side. That's what makes PvP fun in this game. No one Creep class is exactly like any one Freep class. They share similarities at times but that is all.
    Sigh... You still fail to see what I am saying. Warleaders are NOT better healers than Captains, they're about even. Inductions, CDs and HoTs effect that. If you were to say WLs are better burst healing, then yes I'd agree considering most situations.

    Yes everything is situational, some things more than others. However I still believe that in a 12 or 24 person raid, 2-4 captains make the raid stronger than 2-4 WLs... Atleast from what I've seen ever since Mirkwood PvP picked back up.

    And Turbine really does need to give WLs CC, I don't care that our only escape skill is R9 and it has a 2s delay (Sometimes going off after you die). I just want CC. I feel so gimped.

    EDIT: Kisra, you're amazing.
    [center]
    ~R7 Guardian. R7 Burglar. R6 Captain. R7 Champion.~
    ~R11 WarLeader Sexpanther, Unhallowed.~
    [i][b][u][color=#FFFF00]~~~[/color][color=#FF0000]Arkenstone[/color][color=#FFFF00]~~~[/color][color=#FF0000]~~~[/color][color=#FFFF00]Elendilmir[/color][color=#FF0000]~~~[/color][/b][/u][/i][/center]

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,911

    Re: Creeps: Would you endure a nerf?

    Quote Originally Posted by thenoobler View Post
    I dont recall sending any message for more creeps, other than those tribemates from firefoot, to come to E. We were the biggest tribe on firefoot, trust me you only got a small fraction of our number transfer and/or re-roll lol

    Why choose E? ... I went to Brandywine a year and a half ago... didnt like it and went back to Firefoot.... It was between Landy and Elendilmir... we hadnt decided yet and were puttering around on our decision... then that do-do-brain Toebite went and xferd to E before we decided, so rather than split up (I wanted to go to Landy) we all went to E together, those who could xfer and those who felt like re-rolling.

    Why go to a medium sized server? the point of the xfer was to be on one of the "big 3" servers, that way no more xfering till the day turbine closes the doors.

    There will never be a server with a good balance between freeps/creeps... its too easy to roll a creep... level to 10, then hit the "create a creep" button and voila! 1 or 2 nights of pvping and you got yourself a rank 3 sig creep.

    It shouldnt matter how many creeps are online, and doesnt matter to me in what server I was gunna xfer to... every server is creep heavy.

    I could personally care less if there were 10 raids of freeps in the moors... I would do what Ive done every other time in the past when freeps outnumbered us on firefoot ... we had our 12man and there were 3 different kin raids out about the same size... we would find one and smash it,. then use wargs to scout where the other 2 were and smash them... it never occured to me to throw a fit cause we got the outnumbered buff and it totally amazes me why freeps would ever have a problem with a big supply creeps to kill.
    I totally blame Toebite now! My rage shall be taken out on the next puppy I see (spam /KICK! in real life).

    The message I was referring to was also encouraging more creeps to transfer to E. I've seen one of your other posts reflecting on the state of Firefoot Ettenmoors and its nothing wrong to want to participate in some more action, however back when the leaderboards came out and could prove the kind of gains Elendilmir has been saying, people can't deny that a lot of transfers came for a quick progress through their ranks.

    I can't say that's your ulterior motive, or any of your other tribemates... This game is designed for interaction with other people. Some come for their own selfish reasons, but take that one person and dozens of others with the same interests and disregard for the community as a whole or "balance" and you've got a problem.

    Not saying that I can't adapt. My playstyle is different than an average freep. As the numbers increase, so does the lag and I can't handle those settings. Unfortunately I see a lot of creeps drawn to the zerg and mass kills, and I spend many of my visits to the Ettenmoors sniping in EC, sitting at GV, or babysitting a keep/relic. Kudos for you for running around, but again when paired against a group with the same number of freeps (not considering class make up) you guys have a better chance of winning. I don't see very many small groups of freeps running around for many reasons - because of the buff of creeps and their ability to solo effectively compared to SoA days. The red map and no rez circle aside from GV, thus the limited travel compared to maps.

    Freeps can adapt, but their methods of doing so are few. Can't deny the numbers though. I see TR get taken by 50+ creeps from my own tracks, still alive.

    Quote Originally Posted by thenoobler View Post
    Just wanted to touch on this seperately...

    The die out of smaller servers is inevitable for an MMO... LOTRO is going on 3 years now... every new MMO, especially big name ones, keep siphoning off veteran players, and in firefoot's case, virtually every large kin has disappeared due to jumping into another MMO enmasse. Right now there is just 1 kin doing endgame PVE... and when SWTOR comes out, alot of them are coming together with my tribe to that game, what then is there to offer a player, wether veteran or newly subbed, on firefoot at that time? The best thing for the vet is to xfer off or reroll somewhere else, the best for the newly subbed is to avoid it like the plague. How much more will it effect the small pvp community, ouch!

    Elendilmir has been receiving a constant flow of xfers, both creep *AND* freep, since xfer service started a year and a half ago, when OON snuck in before the service went public and people went ballistic that they were allowed to xfer to E and not others to servers they wanted.... it baffles me that in over a year people have still refused to accept the inevitable and instead stamp thier feet and throw a tantrum and deal wth the situation by adapting.

    Expect more xfers to BW, Landy and E.... those are the 3 servers people are going to flock to as the game ages.
    I don't see the need for other servers to suffer because they lack the funds to transfer, or have ties to many other people that can't. This game is not based upon PvP, and Turbine will keep the servers going until its near impossible for people to do any sort of PvE. But seeing as they're taking the more solo route (like doing all of volume I by yourself) it may be a while.

    Creep transfers are more noticeable than freeps, especially the higher ranked ones (I also can't help but /facepalm at seeing R7's come over too). Though it will be a day of reckoning if freeps get some kind of buff/rewards for ranking... That will be a whole other matter to consider.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thane9 View Post
    We just had a pretty significant number of creeps transfer/roll new toons on Landy from E.

    And for the last week Landy has had a higher ratio of creeps:freeps than E. Not greater numbers mind you, but a higher ratio.

    /shrug

    It's ugly on most servers right now from what I'm seeing.
    I know of some of the transfers and rerollers to Landroval. Handful of them have/had freeps on E that they PvP'd with, but have been spending less time doing so now that they have a creep on another server. I guess since its not E, some of them feel that its okay to play the other side.

    /shrug


  14. #64
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,805

    Re: Creeps: Would you endure a nerf?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kisra View Post
    No. And if it ever came I would hitch a ride with the caravan of current creeps/former freeps returning to their promised homeland.

    I would quit shortly after tergiversating, wracked by guilt I would seek redemption by renouncing violence and spend my life planting crops in Bree, one seed for every life I took. The victims' families will protest that this self-imposed punishment is no punishment at all and will begin legal proceedings. Needless to say my piety will be short-lived.
    But your heart was in the right place and you tried....

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,078

    Re: Creeps: Would you endure a nerf?

    @OP

    I wouldnt want a drastic nerf... I didnt rank to 11 in 3 years just to be turned back into a R0 greendot strength.

    I'm not in favour of nerfs in MMO's.

    Freeps can simply be buffed in certain regards like specific skills made more powerful, given more morale, given rewards based on rank that increase stats/morale/buff skills ....

    However, even if I did get nerfed into oblivion... I would still be out there daily fighting... as would all the members of my tribe.

    @Familiarity

    Not a day goes by on our vent (my tribe vent not E creep vent) that we dont talk about how we want the freeps buffed, given rewards for rank, given incentive, and how overpowered wargs are right now.... the thing is we are powerless to change these things, only Turbine can, and until then we will just keep playing the classes we have been playing for years, as we didnt roll them just cause they got buffed.

    If freeps ever get returned back to being stronger than creeps overall (1v1 small group and raid) you will still always have me and my tribemates to fight, regardless of all the easymoders who would jump ship and play thier freeps again.

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,068

    Re: Creeps: Would you endure a nerf?

    Quote Originally Posted by thenoobler View Post
    @OP

    I wouldnt want a drastic nerf... I didnt rank to 11 in 3 years just to be turned back into a R0 greendot strength.

    I'm not in favour of nerfs in MMO's.

    Freeps can simply be buffed in certain regards like specific skills made more powerful, given more morale, given rewards based on rank that increase stats/morale/buff skills ....

    However, even if I did get nerfed into oblivion... I would still be out there daily fighting... as would all the members of my tribe.

    @Familiarity

    Not a day goes by on our vent (my tribe vent not E creep vent) that we dont talk about how we want the freeps buffed, given rewards for rank, given incentive, and how overpowered wargs are right now.... the thing is we are powerless to change these things, only Turbine can, and until then we will just keep playing the classes we have been playing for years, as we didnt roll them just cause they got buffed.

    If freeps ever get returned back to being stronger than creeps overall (1v1 small group and raid) you will still always have me and my tribemates to fight, regardless of all the easymoders who would jump ship and play thier freeps again.
    Awesome attitude.

  17. #67

    Re: Creeps: Would you endure a nerf?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerboa View Post
    Are you sure a PvP zone is your thing?
    Hey I've spent my time as is, the current balancing mechanism is a joke. Freepside going out in small groups is near suicide. You catch some stragglers with out maps, Spiders burrow and call in map raids, Wargs escape, and creeps hug the NPCs. I'd like some reason for small groups to be effective again.

    P.S.
    Love your post thenoobler
    Ararax

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,805

    Re: Creeps: Would you endure a nerf?

    Quote Originally Posted by ararax2 View Post
    Hey I've spent my time as is, the current balancing mechanism is a joke. Freepside going out in small groups is near suicide. You catch some stragglers with out maps, Spiders burrow and call in map raids, Wargs escape, and creeps hug the NPCs. I'd like some reason for small groups to be effective again.
    What you are describing is a player problem, not a creep or freep problem.

    I'm constantly running around in small groups as a Creep (2-4 max) and maybe 1 and 10 players will respect that approach. Most times I die to groups of 4 or more who happen upon me in my attempts to solo someone. Even if I set up public challenges 10 people will show up to gank one warg.

    Just last night every attempt at small group play was greeted with a Freep zerg.

    I don't blame people for doing that, after all, a zerg is a perfectly legitimate play-style. I'm also not complaining because I don't expect other players to behave in a way that makes my tail wag. I live for the Freep gems I find who want to play the way I do and when we meet up we have fun and mutual respect. The rest is just noise - but it's noise that other people obviously enjoy so who am I to "fix" it.

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Posts
    1,513

    Re: Creeps: Would you endure a nerf?

    Quote Originally Posted by nolins12 View Post
    It takes a group of 10 to kill a r7+ defiler
    haha bingo!
    Last edited by aad0italian; Apr 25 2010 at 05:57 PM.

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Posts
    1,513

    Re: Creeps: Would you endure a nerf?

    Quote Originally Posted by thenoobler View Post
    @OP

    I wouldnt want a drastic nerf... I didnt rank to 11 in 3 years just to be turned back into a R0 greendot strength.

    I'm not in favour of nerfs in MMO's.

    Freeps can simply be buffed in certain regards like specific skills made more powerful, given more morale, given rewards based on rank that increase stats/morale/buff skills ....

    However, even if I did get nerfed into oblivion... I would still be out there daily fighting... as would all the members of my tribe.

    @Familiarity

    Not a day goes by on our vent (my tribe vent not E creep vent) that we dont talk about how we want the freeps buffed, given rewards for rank, given incentive, and how overpowered wargs are right now.... the thing is we are powerless to change these things, only Turbine can, and until then we will just keep playing the classes we have been playing for years, as we didnt roll them just cause they got buffed.

    If freeps ever get returned back to being stronger than creeps overall (1v1 small group and raid) you will still always have me and my tribemates to fight, regardless of all the easymoders who would jump ship and play thier freeps again.
    Great attitude man. Needs to be more people like you. Its a game, play it to have fun, and if you stop having fun, then stop playing. It's as simple as that. PvP is what keeps me in lotro, and I am still having fun. The only thing I am interested in seeing is how a few creeps will react when the pendulum swings either the opposite way, or the moors becomes "balanced" (whatever that means).

    Lately on my server, Vilya, the creeps dont make a move unless they have a significant advantage over freeps. When things start to even out number wise they dont leave npcs. The thing that upsets me is alot of players arent looking for a challenge anymore to get renown, they want to farm it the easiest way possible, and thats not actually fighting the opposing side unless you know you will win (the infamous "zerg"). People are afraid to die now, thinking its a bad thing to happen when its not. No one thinks you suck because you die (except for a few epeen "elitists").

    I dont know how many times I have run in a small group of freeps and we run into a group of creeps. around even numbers, they pick up a few more and then wipe us. We pick up a couple more to even it out (no biggie), fight again wipe them, and then its just a zerg that comes to us. There is rarely any competition or class out there anymore. We'll have a raid vs raid fight with us freeps pushing into creep npcs, we'll wipe and then ill see greenies corpse jumping me, lol really? I wish not only for fights to happen, but have some class while playing. Be respectful to the other players.

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,073

    Re: Creeps: Would you endure a nerf?

    If youre talking about a nerf similar to MoM I would most likely laugh a bit and leave, seeing how incapable Turbine are if they did the same mistake again.

    Otherwise I think its a somewhat silly thread since I think we aint so far from balance. Some classes definatly need some tweaks, but overall theres more balance than people give it credit for. Something I havent seen since Book 14.

    /Silkdawn
    [url=http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=301899]Silkdawn's movie collection[/url]

  22. #72

    Re: Creeps: Would you endure a nerf?

    Quote Originally Posted by ZeppelinCobalt View Post
    Sigh... You still fail to see what I am saying. Warleaders are NOT better healers than Captains, they're about even. Inductions, CDs and HoTs effect that. If you were to say WLs are better burst healing, then yes I'd agree considering most situations.

    Yes everything is situational, some things more than others. However I still believe that in a 12 or 24 person raid, 2-4 captains make the raid stronger than 2-4 WLs... Atleast from what I've seen ever since Mirkwood PvP picked back up.

    And Turbine really does need to give WLs CC, I don't care that our only escape skill is R9 and it has a 2s delay (Sometimes going off after you die). I just want CC. I feel so gimped.

    EDIT: Kisra, you're amazing.
    2-4 WARLEADERS in a raid are infinitely better than 2-4 captains. Blackbubbles and aoe rezzes alone give the WL the advantage over captains. Long gone are the days of ihw last stand invincibility my friend. Captains don't have the group heals, rez capabilities, our bubble capabilities to stand much of a chance raid wise in comparison to the WL. That power banner alone is a death trap, you put four of those up and your side controls the battlefield.

    @ziir, I agree 3 years and rank 11 shouldn't wager for being equal to a rank 0 creep but from the freepside perspective why does 3 years and rank 11=rank 0 and why does an extra 5 levels make us the same if not weaker than our level 60 selves. Your right though turbine has to stop going around and hitting people with nerf bats they need to either make their content more balanced or challenging or just revamp everything. Noone should invest time in a class for 3 years and then have to relearn the class because turbine has no clear cut idea of what they want.
    Last edited by Anonymous32; Apr 25 2010 at 08:31 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d000000049228/signature.png]Beneros[/charsig]

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,292

    Re: Creeps: Would you endure a nerf?

    Quote Originally Posted by Perfectlotus View Post
    If youre talking about a nerf similar to MoM I would most likely laugh a bit and leave, seeing how incapable Turbine are if they did the same mistake again.

    Otherwise I think its a somewhat silly thread since I think we aint so far from balance. Some classes definatly need some tweaks, but overall theres more balance than people give it credit for. Something I havent seen since Book 14.

    /Silkdawn
    Mines of Moria was insane when it was released and I remember endless excuses from people posting in the forums why it was fine for hunters to be able to 1 shot their foes. Then Runekeepers started showing up in Moors...

    No OP, I would not support any more nerfs. I've already endured plenty over the last three years and this is the closest both sides have been to balance since LoTRO was released.

    Until freeps start suffering the same dps/cc that they can dish out I cannot volunteer for any more "tweaks".

    Ryzom, Captain 46! (Fear Me!)
    Shiven, Warleader R5

  24. #74

    Re: Creeps: Would you endure a nerf?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerboa View Post
    Creeps:
    As it stands now, the Ettenmoors really aren't dangerous for a Creep. -Wargfoot
    False statement in my experience.

    Precisely WHAT scenario, or scenarios, cause you to say this, because as a generalized statement blanketting the Moors overall I don't find this to be the case.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420801000017391a/signature.png]Scorpashi[/charsig]
    Scorpashi, R7 BA
    Bushwack, R6 Weaver
    Snakeoil, R3 Defiler

  25. #75
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,005

    Re: Creeps: Would you endure a nerf?

    Quote Originally Posted by Silverbranch View Post
    False statement in my experience.

    Precisely WHAT scenario, or scenarios, cause you to say this, because as a generalized statement blanketting the Moors overall I don't find this to be the case.
    the 3:1 or depending on the server perhaps 6:1 ratio of wargs to burgs

    When solo i definatly get more heals from defilers and wl's then i do from freeps (usually because they are trying to dps), especially greenies they are always willing to throw heals.

    ec is often a death trap yet people still flock there

    If any ranked spiders are around its about 10X easier to get away from a quick freep rush/flank

    A WL rez is likely to pick me up in combat after death (depending on the situation and all) even if im solo - very rarely do i get a rez like that on freepside - usually have to beg for a rez after fighting has ceased.

    If you happen to be fighting a big mouths creep near a map point Look out!

    Ya actually it does feel like its a little safer on creepside

    But I dont think that means creeps should be nerfed
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b01000006e8f3/signature.png]Kerishnak[/charsig]
    ~Kerishnak Rank 9 Reaver!~~ ~~Vajyno Rank 5 Defiler~~ ~~Namrod Rank 8 Loremaster of Eru~~ ~~Feynor Rank 6 warden oh and a rank 4 ezmode warg

 

 
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload