We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 129
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,805

    Creeps: Would you endure a nerf?

    Creeps:
    Imagine a Creep nerf that was so harsh that no matter the class it would take at least two Creeps to take out any one Freep. Would you be supportive of that kind of a nerf?

    I'm almost to the point where I'd support that kind of a nerf even though I play only a Creep. As it stands now, the Ettenmoors really aren't dangerous for a Creep. Quite often we've got the Freeps backed up to EV and they are afraid to come out onto the Ettenmoors.

    The high point of PvP for me came about a month ago when the Freeps had managed to capture the entire map and they were camping the Creeps at Gramsfoot. I thought to myself, "Oh look, it's dangerous out there". I was overjoyed.

    Another benefit would be to drive the wishy-washy Creeps off the Ettenmoors and the fact that any Freep who whined would be shouted down off the forums.

    So, as a Creep, would you support that kind of a nerf?
    I think I would.

    -Wargfoot

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,892

    Re: Creeps: Would you endure a nerf?

    Creeps still kind of play like they need at least two, if not a raid, to kill a lone freep.


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    12,146

    Re: Creeps: Would you endure a nerf?

    Quote Originally Posted by Familiarity View Post
    Creeps still kind of play like they need at least two, if not a raid, to kill a lone freep.
    This IMHO is the crux of the situation.

    Despite there being balance closer than ever before between creeps and freeps (obviously a generalization and not a specific case by case observation) there are a LOT of players on both sides who only know victory through numbers.

    IMHO the best thing Turbine could do is incentivize people to get out there and mix it up in smaller groups. This would introduce fights back into the game that aren't based on who has the most players on at that given moment.

    Sure 10 would still crush 5. But that 5 may have a chance to find 1-2-3-4-5's out there if there were reasons for groups to be out there.

    The current trend is if you're in a group of 5 and you get crushed by 10 you make a raid of 20 and crush the 10 then the 10 zergs up to 40 and crushes the 20 then the 20 gets 100% of their players on in one location and hugs npcs. And the fight just comes down to a big zergball where the side with the most numbers farms the other one until they get bored/frustrated enough and log...then the cycle repeats.

    We NEED to break the cycle.

    Also I'd suggest 10v5 is not as fun as it once was because the combat mechanics are so fast these days that the 10 just obliterates the 5 instead of it being a more protracted battle where the 5 will likely wipe but they'll take a few of the 10 with them. I post on this topic at length in another thread...
    [FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=#ffffff][COLOR=red][FONT=Tahoma][B][COLOR=darkorchid]Second Marshal[/COLOR] Luc Brandenbuck[/B][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=#a9a9a9][FONT=Tahoma] ~[B]Battlemaster[/B]~
    Stalker's Enemy*Reaver's Enemy*Blackarrow's Enemy*Warleader-Foe*Weaver's Enemy*Defiler-Foe
    [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#ffffff][COLOR=lime][FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=#ff0000][FONT=Tahoma][B]Champion[/B][FONT=Tahoma]:[SIZE=1]'The only thing our opponents can do that we care about is die.'-Graalx2[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/COLOR][/FONT]

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Hiding in Keeps
    Posts
    1,134

    Re: Creeps: Would you endure a nerf?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerboa View Post
    Creeps:
    Imagine a Creep nerf that was so harsh that no matter the class it would take at least two Creeps to take out any one Freep. Would you be supportive of that kind of a nerf?

    I'm almost to the point where I'd support that kind of a nerf even though I play only a Creep. As it stands now, the Ettenmoors really aren't dangerous for a Creep. Quite often we've got the Freeps backed up to EV and they are afraid to come out onto the Ettenmoors.

    The high point of PvP for me came about a month ago when the Freeps had managed to capture the entire map and they were camping the Creeps at Gramsfoot. I thought to myself, "Oh look, it's dangerous out there". I was overjoyed.

    Another benefit would be to drive the wishy-washy Creeps off the Ettenmoors and the fact that any Freep who whined would be shouted down off the forums.

    So, as a Creep, would you support that kind of a nerf?
    I think I would.

    -Wargfoot
    Yet Freeps renown gain numbers are still superior to Creeps.

    Yes it is hard for freeps with small numbers. However, when in larger numbers, Freeps will win.

    Freeps have far superior heals and AoE and burst damage. Champions alone have 6 AoE attacks. This is almost as many AoEs as the creeps have total. I believe the Moors are fairly balanced at the moment. The balance is not perfect, I agree.

    The biggest advantage to Creeps is the max morale pool and armour value, and the fact that we are already 65 and we only need to die 50 times while ranking and get some DP to make us strong.

    I understand what you are saying and I respect your honesty, but I don't think I can support this.
    [center]
    ~R7 Guardian. R7 Burglar. R6 Captain. R7 Champion.~
    ~R11 WarLeader Sexpanther, Unhallowed.~
    [i][b][u][color=#FFFF00]~~~[/color][color=#FF0000]Arkenstone[/color][color=#FFFF00]~~~[/color][color=#FF0000]~~~[/color][color=#FFFF00]Elendilmir[/color][color=#FF0000]~~~[/color][/b][/u][/i][/center]

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Ul'dah
    Posts
    8,325

    Re: Creeps: Would you endure a nerf?

    Quote Originally Posted by Familiarity View Post
    Creeps still kind of play like they need at least two, if not a raid, to kill a lone freep.
    I think creeps learn this because they pretty much do need to group up when at rank 0/1/2 to be able to kill anything (wargs are probably the exception). After a few ranks of grouping it's hard to break that habit.
    Ijustpassedgas Excuseme
    Yeasty Infection

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,892

    Re: Creeps: Would you endure a nerf?

    Quote Originally Posted by ZeppelinCobalt View Post
    Yet Freeps renown gain numbers are still superior to Creeps.

    Yes it is hard for freeps with small numbers. However, when in larger numbers, Freeps will win.

    Freeps have far superior heals and AoE and burst damage. Champions alone have 6 AoE attacks. This is almost as many AoEs as the creeps have total. I believe the Moors are fairly balanced at the moment. The balance is not perfect, I agree.

    The biggest advantage to Creeps is the max morale pool and armour value, and the fact that we are already 65 and we only need to die 50 times while ranking and get some DP to make us strong.

    I understand what you are saying and I respect your honesty, but I don't think I can support this.
    You know, we could go on and on about how the renown/infamy gains should be the basis on balance. It does not include the time played for each person, whether or not they're in a raid or solo. You could have a freep who spends all day long out there, dying 50+ times themselves if not more, and earn a considerable amount of renown compared to a creep that only comes out during primetime evening hours and raids, therefore dividing up the infamy between multiple players.

    The numbers should not be absolute. If anything, when you look at the number of creeps who come out and earn infamy than freeps, you'll find that there are more.. But some of them don't even earn enough infamy to get out of the double digits. Those are the green/blue rings that have lower survivability than the higher ranked, signature creeps who spend a large majority sitting in the god damn zergs.

    Creeps were originally designed to take a couple of them to kill a freep. That was the mechanic since the availability of rolling a creep and entering the Ettenmoors is a lot easier than that of making a freep. Was it fair for them to sit chain mezzed before DR was included? Was it frustrating back in book 6 when hunters could blow up creeps who had a lot more playing time invested and higher rank? Fact of the matter is, creeps still got by and still got kills - a lot of them due to coordinating and working together.

    This whole zerg mentality got introduced at book 12 in SoA, when the gains in raids were upped. People got used to the fact that in order to rank up and play better, they had to raid and earn infamy as quickly as possible. When they nerfed the gains in the beginning of MoM, creeps still flocked together and the small fights began to die out.

    I believe creeps need a nerf. Not as severe as Jerboa may be proposing, but over a year ago I played creepside as well. I am a freep at heart, and I don't want easymode, but I don't like seeing what the creep community has become. Its attracted a lot of trash, FotM, easymode players who spew nonsense and garbage in OOC and start up **** and drama. I'm guilty of my own rants and causing drama in the past, but this is something thats been going on. I had a lot of respect for creeps before, and enjoyed playing my warg/spider/WL among people I considered friends. Nowadays I can't stomach it, any of it.

    Your opinion is the opposite of mine. We may not respect each other, and be biased, but I'd like to see the underdogs on creepside again.


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Hiding in Keeps
    Posts
    1,134

    Re: Creeps: Would you endure a nerf?

    Quote Originally Posted by elderlygamer View Post
    I think creeps learn this because they pretty much do need to group up when at rank 0/1/2 to be able to kill anything (wargs are probably the exception). After a few ranks of grouping it's hard to break that habit.
    Exactly. Where as Freeps who are already geared can put out the same damage and survability as a R12. So they can leach with ease and never group. A lot of the newer freeps don't group and that leads to weakness against the creeps that have already learned.

    On Windfola I lead raids a lot, there aren't many leaders here, the server is very small. But often times Freeps will outnumber the creeps, and I push them hard to continually group up so they are stronger and have better focus fire.
    [center]
    ~R7 Guardian. R7 Burglar. R6 Captain. R7 Champion.~
    ~R11 WarLeader Sexpanther, Unhallowed.~
    [i][b][u][color=#FFFF00]~~~[/color][color=#FF0000]Arkenstone[/color][color=#FFFF00]~~~[/color][color=#FF0000]~~~[/color][color=#FFFF00]Elendilmir[/color][color=#FF0000]~~~[/color][/b][/u][/i][/center]

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,805

    Re: Creeps: Would you endure a nerf?

    Quote Originally Posted by Familiarity View Post
    Your opinion is the opposite of mine. We may not respect each other, and be biased, but I'd like to see the underdogs on creepside again.
    I think I'd prefer this because I like the mindset of underwargs.
    I like people who play because they like the game and laugh when they get rolled.

    I'd be happy to see the e-peen guys move Freepside.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Hiding in Keeps
    Posts
    1,134

    Re: Creeps: Would you endure a nerf?

    Quote Originally Posted by Familiarity View Post
    You know, we could go on and on about how the renown/infamy gains should be the basis on balance. It does not include the time played for each person, whether or not they're in a raid or solo. You could have a freep who spends all day long out there, dying 50+ times themselves if not more, and earn a considerable amount of renown compared to a creep that only comes out during primetime evening hours and raids, therefore dividing up the infamy between multiple players.

    The numbers should not be absolute. If anything, when you look at the number of creeps who come out and earn infamy than freeps, you'll find that there are more.. But some of them don't even earn enough infamy to get out of the double digits. Those are the green/blue rings that have lower survivability than the higher ranked, signature creeps who spend a large majority sitting in the god damn zergs.

    Creeps were originally designed to take a couple of them to kill a freep. That was the mechanic since the availability of rolling a creep and entering the Ettenmoors is a lot easier than that of making a freep. Was it fair for them to sit chain mezzed before DR was included? Was it frustrating back in book 6 when hunters could blow up creeps who had a lot more playing time invested and higher rank? Fact of the matter is, creeps still got by and still got kills - a lot of them due to coordinating and working together.

    This whole zerg mentality got introduced at book 12 in SoA, when the gains in raids were upped. People got used to the fact that in order to rank up and play better, they had to raid and earn infamy as quickly as possible. When they nerfed the gains in the beginning of MoM, creeps still flocked together and the small fights began to die out.

    I believe creeps need a nerf. Not as severe as Jerboa may be proposing, but over a year ago I played creepside as well. I am a freep at heart, and I don't want easymode, but I don't like seeing what the creep community has become. Its attracted a lot of trash, FotM, easymode players who spew nonsense and garbage in OOC and start up **** and drama. I'm guilty of my own rants and causing drama in the past, but this is something thats been going on. I had a lot of respect for creeps before, and enjoyed playing my warg/spider/WL among people I considered friends. Nowadays I can't stomach it, any of it.

    Your opinion is the opposite of mine. We may not respect each other, and be biased, but I'd like to see the underdogs on creepside again.
    You're basing your hatred of creep playstyle on your server alone. Turbine will never nerf Creeps because one server has easymoding cowards.

    While I have enjoyed being able to actually fight the freeps without having 2-1 numbers, it is still hard to fight them 1-1 and we usually lose. I play Creepside because I've always enjoyed healing, and now that most of the veteran leaders have left due to lack of attention from Turbine, I've been forced to lead raids. I don't get to play my class the way it should be played. I have always been an aggressive player and when I lead Creep raids I will be as aggressive as I can. If I'm sitting in NPCs it's because I won't be able to get more than 2 kills before over half my raid is dead.

    On larger servers creeps roll in zergs whether going solo because they're greedy or grouped because they actually have a leader. Freeps are then forced to roll in zerg groups too. This is why I transferred my WL back to Windfola from BW. I hate having to deal with 30-vs-30 and both either side deciding for some reason they don't want to risk dying.

    If I were to play my Reaver, my average death per 2-3k infamy, which usually takes all day to get, is probably inbetween 10 and 30, depending on how much I really want the kill.

    My champion can make the 2-3k much easier and with less deaths and playing for only a few hours.

    I suppose Creeps could use a tiny tweak. But I fail to see how this would help Creeps on your server to stop playing like cowards, in fact, I believe it will cause their cowardice to grow.

    I have played my creep a long time, and been the underdog for a while. But most of my ranks I gained with a group called Veni Vidi Vici or Terminus Venatus Triumphus, I'm sure you've heard of them. They were a very elite hardcore PvP group and a lot of the freeps hated us because we played cautiously but with extreme skill.

    I'd rather not see either side become an underdog, I like challenges, but having to be an underdog on a server where I'm one of very few active WLs would just make me quit at this point.
    [center]
    ~R7 Guardian. R7 Burglar. R6 Captain. R7 Champion.~
    ~R11 WarLeader Sexpanther, Unhallowed.~
    [i][b][u][color=#FFFF00]~~~[/color][color=#FF0000]Arkenstone[/color][color=#FFFF00]~~~[/color][color=#FF0000]~~~[/color][color=#FFFF00]Elendilmir[/color][color=#FF0000]~~~[/color][/b][/u][/i][/center]

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    12,146

    Re: Creeps: Would you endure a nerf?

    Quote Originally Posted by ZeppelinCobalt View Post
    Yet Freeps renown gain numbers are still superior to Creeps.

    .
    I'd like to offer something for your consideration on this point.

    I'm assuming you're looking at the leaderboard daily totals and seeing freep total numbers bigger than creeps.

    Can we agree that individually one creep compared to one freep is pretty meaningless? The creep could play 10 hours where the freep plays 1. Or vice versa.

    But yes, lets look at the daily server totals. Lets assume creeps earned significantly less in a day than the freep total. Why is that? Is it because freeps are "winning"?

    I'd say not necessarily.

    Here's why.

    A raid of 24 kills an opponent 300+ infamy/renown enters the system, i.e. the total for the day.

    A solo/small group kills an opponent ~100 infamy/renown enters the system.

    So anytime there's trends where one side is "raiding up" more than the other it can DRASTICALLY skew the numbers really fast.

    That's all fact. Here's my opinion, and hypothesis, based on a lot of play on Landy.

    ---

    Currently a greater % of creeps are solo/small grouped than in a full raid than freeps. Again, this is my assertion, not fact. We can't really know the fact. But here's why I believe this to be true.

    1> The dominant creep class, the warg, running from 30-40% of all creeps earning renown in a day is IDEALLY suited for non-raid play. The CJ mechanic currently really supports this.

    2> Creeps have numbers = creeps don't feel the need to ALL ball up.

    3> Creeps REQUIRE DP and most DP farming is done solo/small groups rather than raiding.

    ---

    Based on those 3 reasons I'd suggest Freeps are getting a higher % of their kills while in a raid than creeps are. This leads to a 3+Xs multiplier to their renown totals.

    I'd suggest, given the current gameplay trends if the freeps aren't REALLY higher (2 times maybe?) than creeps in their daily totals then the freeps are actually losing more often than not. "Losing" meaning dying more than killing.

    Just a suggestion.
    [FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=#ffffff][COLOR=red][FONT=Tahoma][B][COLOR=darkorchid]Second Marshal[/COLOR] Luc Brandenbuck[/B][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=#a9a9a9][FONT=Tahoma] ~[B]Battlemaster[/B]~
    Stalker's Enemy*Reaver's Enemy*Blackarrow's Enemy*Warleader-Foe*Weaver's Enemy*Defiler-Foe
    [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#ffffff][COLOR=lime][FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=#ff0000][FONT=Tahoma][B]Champion[/B][FONT=Tahoma]:[SIZE=1]'The only thing our opponents can do that we care about is die.'-Graalx2[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/COLOR][/FONT]

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Hiding in Keeps
    Posts
    1,134

    Re: Creeps: Would you endure a nerf?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thane9 View Post
    I'd like to offer something for your consideration on this point.

    I'm assuming you're looking at the leaderboard daily totals and seeing freep total numbers bigger than creeps.

    Can we agree that individually one creep compared to one freep is pretty meaningless? The creep could play 10 hours where the freep plays 1. Or vice versa.

    But yes, lets look at the daily server totals. Lets assume creeps earned significantly less in a day than the freep total. Why is that? Is it because freeps are "winning"?

    I'd say not necessarily.

    Here's why.

    A raid of 24 kills an opponent 300+ infamy/renown enters the system, i.e. the total for the day.

    A solo/small group kills an opponent ~100 infamy/renown enters the system.

    So anytime there's trends where one side is "raiding up" more than the other it can DRASTICALLY skew the numbers really fast.

    That's all fact. Here's my opinion, and hypothesis, based on a lot of play on Landy.

    ---

    Currently a greater % of creeps are solo/small grouped than in a full raid than freeps. Again, this is my assertion, not fact. We can't really know the fact. But here's why I believe this to be true.

    1> The dominant creep class, the warg, running from 30-40% of all creeps earning renown in a day is IDEALLY suited for non-raid play. The CJ mechanic currently really supports this.

    2> Creeps have numbers = creeps don't feel the need to ALL ball up.

    3> Creeps REQUIRE DP and most DP farming is done solo/small groups rather than raiding.

    ---

    Based on those 3 reasons I'd suggest Freeps are getting a higher % of their kills while in a raid than creeps are. This leads to a 3+Xs multiplier to their renown totals.

    I'd suggest, given the current gameplay trends if the freeps aren't REALLY higher (2 times maybe?) than creeps in their daily totals then the freeps are actually losing more often than not. "Losing" meaning dying more than killing.

    Just a suggestion.
    Makes sense. However on Windfola things are different, Freeps don't group, Creeps always do. Freeps don't need to group to get kills. Creeps start out green and blue dot and need to PvP to earn ranks and better skills etc. Meanwhile the freeps can kill these easy targets.

    Creeps don't have greendots to kill Freepside. I suppose though, that if Freeps were forced to buy DP too and would start out as a greendot in the Moors then this would possibly even the numbers out.

    Usually freeps on Windfola at the top get 5-7k a day and they are almost always solo. Creeps at the top will get 3-5k a day and they are almost always solo.

    But otherwise, yes, I see your point and I guess the renown and infamy numbers are not as exact for which side is better etc.
    [center]
    ~R7 Guardian. R7 Burglar. R6 Captain. R7 Champion.~
    ~R11 WarLeader Sexpanther, Unhallowed.~
    [i][b][u][color=#FFFF00]~~~[/color][color=#FF0000]Arkenstone[/color][color=#FFFF00]~~~[/color][color=#FF0000]~~~[/color][color=#FFFF00]Elendilmir[/color][color=#FF0000]~~~[/color][/b][/u][/i][/center]

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Clinton, NJ
    Posts
    1,443

    Re: Creeps: Would you endure a nerf?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thane9 View Post
    This IMHO is the crux of the situation.

    Despite there being balance closer than ever before between creeps and freeps (obviously a generalization and not a specific case by case observation) there are a LOT of players on both sides who only know victory through numbers.

    IMHO the best thing Turbine could do is incentivize people to get out there and mix it up in smaller groups. This would introduce fights back into the game that aren't based on who has the most players on at that given moment.

    Sure 10 would still crush 5. But that 5 may have a chance to find 1-2-3-4-5's out there if there were reasons for groups to be out there.

    The current trend is if you're in a group of 5 and you get crushed by 10 you make a raid of 20 and crush the 10 then the 10 zergs up to 40 and crushes the 20 then the 20 gets 100% of their players on in one location and hugs npcs. And the fight just comes down to a big zergball where the side with the most numbers farms the other one until they get bored/frustrated enough and log...then the cycle repeats.

    We NEED to break the cycle.

    Also I'd suggest 10v5 is not as fun as it once was because the combat mechanics are so fast these days that the 10 just obliterates the 5 instead of it being a more protracted battle where the 5 will likely wipe but they'll take a few of the 10 with them. I post on this topic at length in another thread...
    It takes a group of 10 to kill a r7+ defiler
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042070000000cbc65/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,266

    Re: Creeps: Would you endure a nerf?

    Just do what a lot of SoA creeps did, switch to freep. Play whatever side is getting its butt kicked, trust me you always feel like its dangerous.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000001209f6/01008/signature.png]Eldroan[/charsig]
    [COLOR=white][COLOR=sandybrown]Meneldor Creeps:[/COLOR] Carnivor- Warg r10[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=seagreen]Meneldor Freeps:[/COLOR] Eldroan-Minstrel r11
    [COLOR=seagreen]Elendilmir Freeps[/COLOR]: Toovaca-Captain r6

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,068

    Re: Creeps: Would you endure a nerf?

    Quote Originally Posted by ZeppelinCobalt View Post
    Yet Freeps renown gain numbers are still superior to Creeps.

    Yes it is hard for freeps with small numbers. However, when in larger numbers, Freeps will win.

    Freeps have far superior heals and AoE and burst damage. Champions alone have 6 AoE attacks. This is almost as many AoEs as the creeps have total. I believe the Moors are fairly balanced at the moment. The balance is not perfect, I agree.

    The biggest advantage to Creeps is the max morale pool and armour value, and the fact that we are already 65 and we only need to die 50 times while ranking and get some DP to make us strong.

    I understand what you are saying and I respect your honesty, but I don't think I can support this.
    (sigh)

    1234

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,892

    Re: Creeps: Would you endure a nerf?

    Quote Originally Posted by ZeppelinCobalt View Post
    You're basing your hatred of creep playstyle on your server alone. Turbine will never nerf Creeps because one server has easymoding cowards.

    While I have enjoyed being able to actually fight the freeps without having 2-1 numbers, it is still hard to fight them 1-1 and we usually lose. I play Creepside because I've always enjoyed healing, and now that most of the veteran leaders have left due to lack of attention from Turbine, I've been forced to lead raids. I don't get to play my class the way it should be played. I have always been an aggressive player and when I lead Creep raids I will be as aggressive as I can. If I'm sitting in NPCs it's because I won't be able to get more than 2 kills before over half my raid is dead.

    On larger servers creeps roll in zergs whether going solo because they're greedy or grouped because they actually have a leader. Freeps are then forced to roll in zerg groups too. This is why I transferred my WL back to Windfola from BW. I hate having to deal with 30-vs-30 and both either side deciding for some reason they don't want to risk dying.

    If I were to play my Reaver, my average death per 2-3k infamy, which usually takes all day to get, is probably inbetween 10 and 30, depending on how much I really want the kill.

    My champion can make the 2-3k much easier and with less deaths and playing for only a few hours.

    I suppose Creeps could use a tiny tweak. But I fail to see how this would help Creeps on your server to stop playing like cowards, in fact, I believe it will cause their cowardice to grow.

    I have played my creep a long time, and been the underdog for a while. But most of my ranks I gained with a group called Veni Vidi Vici or Terminus Venatus Triumphus, I'm sure you've heard of them. They were a very elite hardcore PvP group and a lot of the freeps hated us because we played cautiously but with extreme skill.

    I'd rather not see either side become an underdog, I like challenges, but having to be an underdog on a server where I'm one of very few active WLs would just make me quit at this point.
    I actually play(ed) on two servers. My home server, where I got 10 ranks on my minstrel and all of my creeps, is Nimrodel. I transferred to Elendilmir for PvE reasons with PvP near the bottom of the list. I've played my hunter more on E than on Nimrodel, and I've had different experiences. Nimrodel is creep favored, has been for quite some time, but its not as heavily populated like Elendilmir is. The latter just goes to show the atmosphere with a lot of people - who still like to congregate toward a center point on the map... Anywhere else they can quickly snuff out with maps.

    Last I saw on Nimrodel is a lot of creeps, a considerable amount of *******s in OOC who like to grief and play FotM, and not very many freeps. I have not, and will not, play creepside on E. Only if the situation ever calls for it where creeps are horribly nerfed and they lose many of their players (showing just how many people aren't in it for the PvP aspect of the Ettenmoors).

    I've heard of your tribes, by people who have played on server and by the reputation you have on the forums. You say you guys played with caution and skill, I hear its just a numbers game where you have zerged the lesser numbers and logged when freeps gained the advantage. All word of mouth, of course, and nothing I take into consideration unless I have experienced it personally myself.

    I have not played on every server, but when E is the focal point of many creep transfers - in one case a tribe from Firefoot - there's a problem that either needs to be addressed just the world itself or the game as a whole to try and deter the disparity in numbers.


  16. #16
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Dearborn Michigan / Bloomfield Michigan
    Posts
    242

    Re: Creeps: Would you endure a nerf?

    I would go full time creep if they get nerfed into oblivion.


    Last time I played creep was MoM start - book 6. Most fun I've had in the moors in a long time.


    At the moment... I'm trying to starhug on a champ ( around 1.450 rating right now). cus i couldn't think of anything more challenging to do in the moors.
    [CENTER][COLOR=darkorange][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320200000006ee8d/signature.png]Aejethirn[/charsig][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=darkorange]Brandywine:[/COLOR] [COLOR=deepskyblue]Aejethirn (r7 Hunter), Elzzar (r6 Rune-keeper), Festan (r6 Burglar), Feladr[/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=deepskyblue](r5 Loremaster), Chedd (r4 Guardian), Peribald (r0 Warden (not pvp-ing with this guy)).[/COLOR] [/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=darkorange]Elendilmir:[/COLOR][COLOR=deepskyblue]Aurthur (r4 Champion), Uvario (r0 Burglar) [/COLOR][/CENTER]

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Hiding in Keeps
    Posts
    1,134

    Re: Creeps: Would you endure a nerf?

    Quote Originally Posted by Familiarity View Post
    Last I saw on Nimrodel is a lot of creeps, a considerable amount of *******s in OOC who like to grief and play FotM, and not very many freeps. I have not, and will not, play creepside on E. Only if the situation ever calls for it where creeps are horribly nerfed and they lose many of their players (showing just how many people aren't in it for the PvP aspect of the Ettenmoors).
    It's a lot like this on Windfola, however it's so small it doesn't make much of a difference.

    I've heard of your tribes, by people who have played on server and by the reputation you have on the forums. You say you guys played with caution and skill, I hear its just a numbers game where you have zerged the lesser numbers and logged when freeps gained the advantage. All word of mouth, of course, and nothing I take into consideration unless I have experienced it personally myself.
    Yes, they had a bad reputation. They were elitist jerks, very very good, but rather silly with their playstyle. They didn't like to die, not because of stars, but they just hated being defeated by someone. They played to win.

    As for only zerging lesser numbers, that is not true. On many many occasions VVV could take on 2 freep raids with 1 creep raid and win. This was when Creeps first became very powerful and a lot of us were all around R6-8. On BW, 12 of us took on a full raid, were fighting them 400m from the rez and then got flanked by another full raid. We only lost 1 person there. So yes, that I would call skill. =\

    Btw, I ended up getting kicked from their tribe because I told the leaders they were taking the drama too far. But hey, w/e.

    ~~Khronus
    [center]
    ~R7 Guardian. R7 Burglar. R6 Captain. R7 Champion.~
    ~R11 WarLeader Sexpanther, Unhallowed.~
    [i][b][u][color=#FFFF00]~~~[/color][color=#FF0000]Arkenstone[/color][color=#FFFF00]~~~[/color][color=#FF0000]~~~[/color][color=#FFFF00]Elendilmir[/color][color=#FF0000]~~~[/color][/b][/u][/i][/center]

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,068

    Re: Creeps: Would you endure a nerf?

    I miss Meldrath.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Clinton, NJ
    Posts
    1,443

    Re: Creeps: Would you endure a nerf?

    Quote Originally Posted by gamestar115 View Post
    I would go full time creep if they get nerfed into oblivion.


    Last time I played creep was MoM start - book 6. Most fun I've had in the moors in a long time.


    At the moment... I'm trying to starhug on a champ ( around 1.450 rating right now). cus i couldn't think of anything more challenging to do in the moors.
    Its not challenging, join a raid and stand in the back =/
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042070000000cbc65/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,892

    Re: Creeps: Would you endure a nerf?

    Quote Originally Posted by FajaSailors View Post
    I miss Meldrath.
    I miss Miltratherone.


  21. #21

    Re: Creeps: Would you endure a nerf?

    If you really think there is no danger playing a creep, and you think it is complete god-mode, then either you A. Have horrible, horrible freeps on your server, B. Aren't playing creep the way it is supposed to be played. I'm guessing a combination of both.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420401000006b07e/signature.png]Zergnaut[/charsig]

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Hiding in Keeps
    Posts
    1,134

    Re: Creeps: Would you endure a nerf?

    Quote Originally Posted by Abomnt View Post
    If you really think there is no danger playing a creep, and you think it is complete god-mode, then either you A. Have horrible, horrible freeps on your server, B. Aren't playing creep the way it is supposed to be played. I'm guessing a combination of both.
    Lolz, Zerg! But yeah, it's true.

    P.S. I was that noob defiler Khronluk that kept getting pwnt earlier. :P
    [center]
    ~R7 Guardian. R7 Burglar. R6 Captain. R7 Champion.~
    ~R11 WarLeader Sexpanther, Unhallowed.~
    [i][b][u][color=#FFFF00]~~~[/color][color=#FF0000]Arkenstone[/color][color=#FFFF00]~~~[/color][color=#FF0000]~~~[/color][color=#FFFF00]Elendilmir[/color][color=#FF0000]~~~[/color][/b][/u][/i][/center]

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Tirith Rhaw
    Posts
    3,169

    Re: Creeps: Would you endure a nerf?

    i really hope creeps don't get nerfed... I don't want to hear the /crying and /whining

    plus I don't want to have to feel bad when i play my hunter or even give it up if it gets bad enough out there. I'd like to see things stay where they are. Its better to be the underdog.
    [CENTER][FONT=Garamond][B][COLOR=#424242]« [COLOR=#FF0000]S[/COLOR]eyz [COLOR=#FF0000]V[/COLOR]anguard - R14 »[/COLOR][/B][/FONT]

    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042040000000a4551/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [/CENTER]

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,068

    Re: Creeps: Would you endure a nerf?

    Quote Originally Posted by Familiarity View Post
    I miss Miltratherone.
    Mascolella misses his beard.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Hiding in Keeps
    Posts
    1,134

    Re: Creeps: Would you endure a nerf?

    Quote Originally Posted by Odin_of_Freyr View Post
    i really hope creeps don't get nerfed... I don't want to hear the /crying and /whining

    plus I don't want to have to feel bad when i play my hunter or even give it up if it gets bad enough out there. I'd like to see things stay where they are. Its better to be the underdog.
    Yeah, there will be alot of complaining if it happens. I'll only complain on the forums if it's seriously bad though. So one less creep to worry about /QQing.
    [center]
    ~R7 Guardian. R7 Burglar. R6 Captain. R7 Champion.~
    ~R11 WarLeader Sexpanther, Unhallowed.~
    [i][b][u][color=#FFFF00]~~~[/color][color=#FF0000]Arkenstone[/color][color=#FFFF00]~~~[/color][color=#FF0000]~~~[/color][color=#FFFF00]Elendilmir[/color][color=#FF0000]~~~[/color][/b][/u][/i][/center]

 

 
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload