We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Possible to move stuff around on UI?>

is it possible, i want to move my map and shrink it a bit and i want to move my quest journal, it seems to be under my map a bit
    World of Warcraft is the McDonalds of MMORPGs, it's cheap, mediocre and after you consume it you feel dirty.

Re: Possible to move stuff around on UI?>

Press CTRL \ and you'll see handles for moving stuff around. There's also some sliding scales for changing the sizes of certain elements. CTRL \ when you're finished to lock it in place.
    [FONT=Trebuchet MS]"You can't fight the Enemy with his own Ring without turning into an Enemy" - J.R.R. Tolkien, Letter # 81

[/FONT]

ahh thanks so much, i had disabled the tooltip hints since they just became annoying so i think i missed it
    World of Warcraft is the McDonalds of MMORPGs, it's cheap, mediocre and after you consume it you feel dirty.

An addendum to this question, Is there a way to keep the positions where you set them so I don't have to re-move them every time I login?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000002146be/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Qwillyn View Post
    An addendum to this question, Is there a way to keep the positions where you set them so I don't have to re-move them every time I login?
    You can save your ui layout and reload it later on another character (assuming your using the same computer). Type the save command shown below in the chat bar. You can save many layouts if you want by changing "profile1" to whatever name you want. The load command just replaces "save" with "load".

ui layout save profile1
    ui layout load profile1

The layout files are stored in "My Documents" or "Documents".
    ..\The Lord of the Rings Online\ui\layouts
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000001aad1c/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [i](This character may or may not exist.)[/i]

Thank you. That worked perfect.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000002146be/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by tuor66 View Post
    Press CTRL \ and you'll see handles for moving stuff around. There's also some sliding scales for changing the sizes of certain elements. CTRL \ when you're finished to lock it in place.
    I press ctrl + / and do not happens anything ): why? I want to move a lot of stuffs

Quote Originally Posted by Cebarandir View Post
    I press ctrl + / and do not happens anything ): why? I want to move a lot of stuffs
    It depends on the language layout of your keyboard. On mine it's Ctrl #. Usually it's the key just to the left of the enter key. You can check what key it is attached to under Options - Key Mappings - Miscellaneous (about three quarters of the way down the list of keys).

Just a quick question about that : is it possible to completely remove the little bag icon on the lower right side of the screen (the one that opens one of your bags when you click on it) ?

I didnt find any option to do that in the UI control panel ?

Thanks
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c0000002044d8/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Calenestel View Post
    It depends on the language layout of your keyboard. On mine it's Ctrl #. Usually it's the key just to the left of the enter key. You can check what key it is attached to under Options - Key Mappings - Miscellaneous (about three quarters of the way down the list of keys).
    That makes much more sense. Ctrl /\ was doing nothing for me, I'd recently tried a couple of skins/plugins to do the job but have been dissatisfied with most of them so far. Ctrl # did the trick, many thanks.

One quick question though, any idea how to change the scale of the bags? I like playing with them all open so I can see what I've got at a glance, and whilst it's not so much of a problem playing on the main PC in 1080p they take up far to much screen when playing on the laptop. They seem to be one of the few things that you can't change the scale of from within the UI, and although I've tried HugeBag and Mini-Pack plugins I've not been entirely satisfied with either.