We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

I have "Heading West" but no skull key.

So how did I manage this one?

I have been playing off and on since 2007 and finally came back to a barrow quest that has been sitting in my backlog for a while now. I went into The Great Barrow, found the door, and don't have the pre-requisites to get in, so I think that means I don't have the proper key.

We ran around the barrow, killed the two boss guys, got the two halves of the key, but now don't have a quest to combine them.

Did I miss something somewhere or did something change during the years I have no run this quest?

Re: I have "Heading West" but no skull key.

Turbine did a revamp of the Bree quests a while back, perhaps that reset your current quest. Many of the questgivers have moved to other parts of Bree, maybe it would be best to cancel your quest and go find the questgiver again and start fresh.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0000000e65ec/signature.png]Illaphor[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Hiney1 View Post
    Turbine did a revamp of the Bree quests a while back, perhaps that reset your current quest. Many of the questgivers have moved to other parts of Bree, maybe it would be best to cancel your quest and go find the questgiver again and start fresh.
    Maybe that's why while in the barrow I kept having a quest pop up that had no text, no objectives, or not even an entry in my log. I picked up the key halves and some quest that I had completed a while ago, so its all sorts of screwed up.

Try taking the key halves to the guy who originally gave the quest, An Ancient Story of Evil. That guy has moved to a location just outside the Great Barrow. If anyone can, he'll probably be able to complete the quest for you.

Possibly, however, you'll have to cancel the quest and re-do it.

After you have the two halves of the key. You need to take it to get fixed in the Barrows. Where the first hall way comes to the stairs down, and you can go either left or right. In that room is a anvil that you can use to fix the key.

After that you will get the next quest in the chain.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/06205000000000406/01003/signature.png]Eridric[/charsig]