We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Question The Deed Grind. Traits and Titles.

So you have completed 400 deeds and recieved 10 extra quest slots, you've also grinded enough deeds to reach your trait cap of level 10 for all traits, completed your racials and class trait also.

My question?.. Now what?

Are we still grinding and completing?
    There seems to be no need?! Does anyone know if the trait cap will ever be raised, if so will all that grinding you have done (above and beyond the cap) going to count for anything? Will you automatically be increased to your new level?

Deeds and Titles... once you reach the cap for bonus quest slots it would seem the only thing to grind out deeds is for new titles... Yes a fine reward (perhaps). But why are the quest slots capped anyway?

This is by no means a Rant, But self pondering. I am wondering what "I" should do? I am all for completing everything... But it would be nice to know where things were/are heading...
    Are we getting an increase for traits ever? Are we getting an increase in Quest slots? Is the grind now there for grind sake?

Hmmm... Pondering...
    Last edited by HomingEagle; Apr 01 2010 at 06:26 AM.

Re: The Deed Grind. Traits and Titles.

Seems to be just a grind for the sake of grinding. The decisions that the developers of this game have been making over the years suggest that they want new players to have the ability to achieve the same level of "success" as veteran players. They don't want to discourage people from playing by setting the bar for having a "complete" character with 10 in all traits and the best gear too far away. They want it to be attainable so that they will continue to attract new players.

As for your question: should they increase the amount of quests that you can hold further? Sure, why not! I doubt they will anytime soon, though. The issue I notice is that the people that have done all of the deeds and could benefit from this have generally done most of the quests and are unlikely to need over 50 slots, unless they're hanging on to lots of repeatable and Ettenmoors quests.

If you're asking if there should be some other incentive, I think there should be. And I believe that the developers agree to some extent. I'm not sure what that is yet, though. Reputation rewards are a nice addition to that system that will continue to grow over the next year, according to what I've read. But as for more rewards for doing deeds? Well, that's where the meta deeds that are being introduced in the next patch come in. How about some new rewards for completing all of the instance clusters in Angmar, Moria, and Lothlorien? These are similar in reward to completing all of the deeds in Mirkwood instances. I like this idea and I think it's one people have been asking about for quite some time. As for what you get for completing all of the deeds in Forochel? Well, I don't really know if that will ever make you feel like it was worth the time grinding out grims.. but only time will tell.

They really should increase the maximum quest count via deed completion again, and they should also implement a more reasonable ratio for that benefit on the creep side.
    Not all those who wander are lost. They might be working on one of their exploration deeds.
    The new forums stink on ice. Let others follow them who can.

We don't know if the virtue cap will ever be raised. I suspect it will eventually, though not until the next expansion at the very least.

Quest slots are capped because that information is stored on your character in the game. Because of how quests interact between members of a group, that data is active on your character at all times. If there were no cap to the number of active quests, no one would ever be able to load into 21st Hall or Ost Galadh because of all the data needed for every character. Deeds are also stored on your character, so in order to give an incentive for people to complete them, doing so gradually raises your quest cap. It's a slight performance tradeoff that in the long run helps the issue.

As to the continuous grind, why would you? When the virtues you use are all up to 10, why would you torture yourself (if you don't enjoy the process) by continuing to do the rest of them? There are plenty of other things to do in the game.
    [COLOR=MediumTurquoise][/COLOR][B]Arda Shrugged[/B] [COLOR=MediumTurquoise][Arkenstone][/COLOR]

Thanks for the information on the quests. that makes sense that too many active quests would make it even harder and more boring to watch your toon load in to heavy traffic areas.

I like doing the deeds just to have them completed. I think it is really nice to open my deed log and find it almost empty. To me it is one of the things I want to finish and work on even where it provides me with no extra bonus.

I hope they raise the viture cap one day or even add an extra slot. When that happens I will be happy as most of my vitures are at 13+ because I have worked on all the deeds.

I should be clear here, I have worked on all the deeds with my main. On my alts once a viture I wish to slot hits 10, I am done with deeds except those that just happen to be finished while leveling and questing about! So I am only a main completest!
    Last edited by Maxal; Apr 09 2010 at 01:27 PM.
    I wonder what IS behind that waterfall?
    The Player Council knows!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxal View Post
    I should be clear here, I have worked on all the deeds with my main. On my alts once a viture I wish to slot hits 10, I am done with deeds except those that just happen to be finished while leveling and questing about! So I am only a main completest!
    I think that's a pretty common strategy.
    [COLOR=MediumTurquoise][/COLOR][B]Arda Shrugged[/B] [COLOR=MediumTurquoise][Arkenstone][/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by HomingEagle View Post
    My question?.. Now what?

Are we still grinding and completing?
    There seems to be no need?! Does anyone know if the trait cap will ever be raised, if so will all that grinding you have done (above and beyond the cap) going to count for anything? Will you automatically be increased to your new level?

But why are the quest slots capped anyway?

Are we getting an increase for traits ever? Are we getting an increase in Quest slots? Is the grind now there for grind sake?
    Now what? Not much.

I'm still grinding... well, not really cause I have them all done besides LT HM, Skirm and Moores deeds. But if a new one came out, I would go do it. Yes there is no reason, except pre-emptiveness.

What do I mean? Well, next patch I will automatically get 2 new horses. 1 after I compelete 1 new deed. Not to meantion the answer to your next questions "Are we ever going to get a trait increase?" I say yes. Its only a matter of time. they will almost inevitably up it. Maybe next expansion. I'm betting next expansion it WILL increase, but I have no proof on that. If we had the deeds finished and they raise the cap, then we will automatically go up.

Also, answering your "why a cap on max quests," Server lag. If we all ahd have every quest in the game at the same time, then the server would **** itself. This is another reason to prevent the quest cap from going up.

However, I don't know if this was mentioned, did you know that EVERYTIME you kill something the server checks that death agianst EVERY deed you have? So if you have less deeds you technically have less lag. Interersting huh?
    Leader of [url=http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=173712]R.A.I.D.[/url] (Rememberme's Awesome Instructional Directions).