We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Wanting to Stack all Five Bars

Hey hey - I've searched through several UIs and after getting frustrated at being unable to tell from screenies (i.e. it looked like in the screenie it would work but get in game and it actually doesn't because of background graphics or whatever) wether or not this was possible I thought I'd change tactics and just ask everyone else .

I'm wanting to just stack all five of the hotbars one on top of the other on the bottom of the screen (in the middle).

I've gone through every UI screenie I can find to try and narrow down my options but when I try them in game everytime they have some additional UI graphic that isn't sizing itself right in order for me to stack five bars and not either 1-being behind it and therefore unusable or 2-going far to the left or right and just looking bad (i,.e. beause I had to make the 'hotbar' space so large the extra space is just wasted and covering up the game)

Does anyone know of either a complete or even just a partial UI addon that will allow me to stack all the hotbars horizontally on top of each other. Without anythign else being unnecessarily made large or unusable??

Thanks ahead of time!

Re: Wanting to Stack all Five Bars

do you mean you were looking at ui SKINS at lotrointerface?

did ya try looking at the in game options?

under the quikslots tab?

u got options there for docking or not...

for hort or vert....

and if they are undocked you can move them around like the rest of the ui elements.

The default setting is docked at the bottom with the five bars over lapping. Bars 4 and 5 are in the space of (IIRC) bar 1 and 2. You can undock them. Move bar 4 and 5 to be above bar 3.

The undocking option is under the quick slots. CNTL + \ will let you move them around when they are undocked. You can flip them to be vertical if you like.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

i've made 3 new toons recently, and can say that before you touch anything else, if you go to the quickslot/hotbar option menu and put a check on all the options (which includes visibility, horizontal, and docking) - then they will line up on top of each other just fine. otherwise, just undock 4 and 5 and move to wherever with crtl +\
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0000000f60e2/signature.png]Jaylaxel[/charsig]
    Jaylaxel - 83 LM | Moiron - 85 Champ | [COLOR=Red]Aedush[/COLOR] - R4 Stalker
    [/CENTER]

AHh okey yes then I should be more clear..

I was looking for a SKIN that would allow this (yes, seen the ones on WoW interface, I just got tired of trying them over and over again since screenies are apparenlty decieving at times and the 3-4 I tried seemed like they would work but then just didn't have the room).

I know the regular game lets me but I really hate the giant bottom bar with all that extra detail. So I was hoping there was a skin out there that would allow me to not have the extra stuff on the bottom, AND allow me to fit five bars on top of each other (again, like I said, without the new skins graphics being in the way).

I like a pretty streamlined UI for someone who is a "clicker" ; so the less amount of space everything takes up the nicer I like it!

I'm also a warden and was trying out some suggested setups where you stack the gambits as you click them - thereby requiring the five stack up .

Quote Originally Posted by FrithRae View Post
    AHh okey yes then I should be more clear..

I was looking for a SKIN that would allow this (yes, seen the ones on WoW interface, I just got tired of trying them over and over again since screenies are apparenlty decieving at times and the 3-4 I tried seemed like they would work but then just didn't have the room).

I know the regular game lets me but I really hate the giant bottom bar with all that extra detail. So I was hoping there was a skin out there that would allow me to not have the extra stuff on the bottom, AND allow me to fit five bars on top of each other (again, like I said, without the new skins graphics being in the way).

I like a pretty streamlined UI for someone who is a "clicker" ; so the less amount of space everything takes up the nicer I like it!

I'm also a warden and was trying out some suggested setups where you stack the gambits as you click them - thereby requiring the five stack up .
    If you are looking at LOTROInterface, take a look at multibar clean. It's not got them all stacked up 6 high, but it has them 3 high by 2 wide. I use it for all my toons and it even works great for wardens The author got rid of all the extraneous artwork so it's very clean looking.

http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...antoolbar.html
    Last edited by Lorekeeper; Apr 03 2010 at 12:30 AM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520300000008e1c4/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Yea, most of the UIs I've played with on Interface allow you to do the 3x2 setup.

But since I'm into the 4-series-abilities on my Warden I need to stack the 4 high at least. 3x2 doesn't help.

And no, true, I don't "need" to - but like I said I was playing with some suggested UI setups for Wardens and I really liked the idea of putting all the abilities in order as needed to compile each gambit. Instead of having to constantly re-musle-memory-memorize my attacks everytime I log into game (I don't play everday so If I miss a week I'm relearning all the gambits over again oy!).

Oh well I'll keep looking. Surely someone has comeup with something...heh.