We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thumbs up Fabulous devs - the Weatherway / Ost Alagos

I knew there were high-level mobs near the Weatherway, but I never travelled that way much, certainly not near Ost Alagos--the old high-walled ruins beyond the Chetwood.

Today I was riding from Candaith to Saeradan for vol III (after having put it off to finish deeds/reputation where all the rangers are: I want them to recognize me!), and came across quest rings right after crossing south over the Weatherway. Wow!

Turns out, there are 3 Bree rep quests for low levels, and 3 item XP quests for high levels, and a vendor for selling full bags. All out in the open, easy to reach and play if you find them.

Fabulous!

I have not seen this mix of low/high level quests before, and using Bree rep and item XP guarantees this is now prime on my list of Bree quests.

Please, devs, consider this happy juxtaposition again for future revamps. This is so nicely done, I smiled the whole way through it.

Oh, and did I mention ... the item XP quests are 8h repeatables?

UPDATE: The finishing touch, "We could use some help over here!" from one of the NPCs.
    Last edited by BINKLEY1; Mar 31 2010 at 09:38 PM.

Re: Fabulous devs - the Weatherway / Ost Alagos

I agree. I just wish there was some sort of 'nudge' quest to send you to the area when you are higher level. There is no way of knowing they are there unless you stumble across them.
    Valhallo | Nicholias | Valhorin | Valhallaborn - Landroval
    Philbo | Nick - Crickhollow

When you do the Vol. 1 quest where you ride from Saeradan to Candaith, you pass near the site and can hear the guy say "We need some help." And the vendor shows up on the map. But I thought it was all high level, so I have never taken my lower levels there to see what it was. If I had known there was Bree rep there, I would have. So they really need something to point all appropriate levels to stop by that area.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0620500000000d3ba/01001/signature.png]Lokgrim[/charsig]
    [url=http://my.lotro.com/lokidottir/cook-crafting-spreadsheet/]Cook Crafting Cost Spreadsheet[/url]

I had no clue that those NPCs were even there until one day my poor level 22 RK was fleeing for his life from the level 50 somethings in that area and stumbled across the little camp. Wish they would give us a quest to go find them or something so more people would find it.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/02204000000126e24/01006/signature.png]Fanraeth[/charsig]
    "Try not to die." -Nico Minoru

I just wish that they were in a smaller area.

Secondly, They removed the kill the 2 types of wolves fair trade with bree quest.
    Ararax

Rather dangerous place to be honest, as the quests are available for level 20 somethings but surrounded by level 55 orc kind...not exactly the best idea.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000000029cc/01008/signature.png]Rimbehyando[/charsig]
    "To the beeches of Neldoreth I came in the Autumn.
    Ah! the gold and the red and the sighing of leaves in the Autumn in Taur-na-neldor!
    It was more than my desire." - Fangorn.

Quote Originally Posted by Sangahyando View Post
    Rather dangerous place to be honest, as the quests are available for level 20 somethings but surrounded by level 55 orc kind...not exactly the best idea.
    If you grab the 20+ quests and u-turn back towards the Weatherway, you avoid the 55 mobs. Of course, you do have to learn this fact first.

I think a developer mentioned at some point that these quests were intentionally out-of-the-way. I don't have the exact quote, but they didn't add any "bread crumb" quests leading players there in order to reward adventurers who went out of their way to explore.