We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

stuck at expert mastery woodworker

Do you have to have the other crafts (farmer, then Forrester) advanced before you can get the quest to advance your woodworker to expert mastery?

Or, did I delete the quest chain by accident, and now I have to go through all the lower level crafting quests to get the 'heart of the Forrest' III or what ever it is.

2. Re: stuck at expert mastery woodworker

Quote Originally Posted by Rmack View Post
    Do you have to have the other crafts (farmer, then Forrester) advanced before you can get the quest to advance your woodworker to expert mastery?

Or, did I delete the quest chain by accident, and now I have to go through all the lower level crafting quests to get the 'heart of the Forrest' III or what ever it is.
    No, each profession advances separately.

To get the quest to open the expert master portion and the artisan proficiency portion you need to:

1. Have expert proficiency completed
    2. Talk to any Novice Woodworker NPC (Tier 1 - Tier 3 quests are granted by Novice NPC's and Tier 4 and Tier 5 are granted by Expert NPC's. Tier 6 is opened by talking to a Master Craftsman)
    [FONT=Ariel Unicode MS][COLOR=violet]?[/COLOR]ª"˜¨¨[COLOR=dodgerblue]?[/COLOR]ª"˜¨¨ ¯ ¯¨¨˜ª¤.¸`*•.¸*•¸[COLOR=darkorchid]?[/COLOR][SIZE="1"]?[/SIZE][COLOR=lightgreen]?[/COLOR] [B][SIZE="3"][COLOR=orchid]LOTRO[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][COLOR=lightgreen]?[/COLOR][SIZE="1"]?[/SIZE][COLOR=darkorchid]?[/COLOR]¸•*¸.•*´¸.¤ª˜¨¨¯¯¨¨˜"ª[COLOR=dodgerblue]?[/COLOR]¨¨˜"ª[COLOR=violet]?[/COLOR][/FONT]

Re: stuck at expert mastery woodworker

When you complete the proficiency part of the tier, the Novice Woodworker (for Part I, II, and III) or the Expert Woodworker (for Part IV) will offer you a quest. When the quest is completed, the next tier will be opened. If you have the mastery part of the previous tier completed, it will also open up the mastery part of the current tier. For Tier 6 you need to talk to the Master Craftsman to get the quest to open it. Also, you cannot get the Part IV quest if you have not completed the quest to allow access to the superior facility.

My guess is that you have not mastered the previous tiers yet (Apprentice and Journeyman). If the Artisan tier is opened, then you have completed the "Part III" quest.
    "Everyone's got one. Better to be a smart one than a dumb one." - me
    "It's people like you that [I]think[/I] you know everything that give those of us that [I]do[/I] a bad name." - me
    "Eat, drink, and be Merry, 'cause Pippin was a fool of a Took."

Artisan level is not open, and I've been to Sarabeth Lowbanks in Staddle and to the chick at Thornley's camp, and neither of them have a ring.

I believe I did the 'heart of the wood' quests part one and two.

Artisan level and higher takes the superior workbench... have you tried the expert woodworker in Esteldin for the quest? I can't remember just what order that happens, in regards to the quest for access to said workbench.
    [CENTER][SIZE=1][COLOR=#a8c5ed][COLOR=deepskyblue][B]Rochwyn[/B] • Captain[/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=mediumturquoise] • Miluihel, Loremaster • Eordhe, Guardian • Duvaneth, Burglar • [i]et aliae (and others)[/i][/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][B][COLOR=#303030]..................[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][SIZE=1][COLOR=#a8c5ed][COLOR=deepskyblue]Blacksmith [I]((website/forum admin))[/I] of Laurelin[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=red][COLOR=DarkSlateGray].[/COLOR][/COLOR][B][COLOR=red][COLOR=#303030]...............[/COLOR]Gulburz, Warg (R6) [/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][B][SIZE=3][FONT=Papyrus][SIZE=4][COLOR=#fffacd]☼[/COLOR][/SIZE] [URL="http://www.gatheringoflaurelin.com/"]The Gathering of Laurelin[/URL][SIZE=4][COLOR=lemonchiffon] ☼[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/CENTER]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000021d87/01008/signature.png]Rochwyn[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Eledmeoiel View Post
    Artisan level and higher takes the superior workbench... have you tried the expert woodworker in Esteldin for the quest? I can't remember just what order that happens, in regards to the quest for access to said workbench.

Thanks, I'll try that.

7. Re: stuck at expert mastery woodworker

The Heart of the Wood, Part III is the quest you need to open up superior workbench access.

You need to start it by talking to a NOVICE Woodworker which can be found in the starter craft areas like Michel Delving, Bree, or Celondim.

It will then direct you to Thornley's to talk to Millicent.....
    [FONT=Ariel Unicode MS][COLOR=violet]?[/COLOR]ª"˜¨¨[COLOR=dodgerblue]?[/COLOR]ª"˜¨¨ ¯ ¯¨¨˜ª¤.¸`*•.¸*•¸[COLOR=darkorchid]?[/COLOR][SIZE="1"]?[/SIZE][COLOR=lightgreen]?[/COLOR] [B][SIZE="3"][COLOR=orchid]LOTRO[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][COLOR=lightgreen]?[/COLOR][SIZE="1"]?[/SIZE][COLOR=darkorchid]?[/COLOR]¸•*¸.•*´¸.¤ª˜¨¨¯¯¨¨˜"ª[COLOR=dodgerblue]?[/COLOR]¨¨˜"ª[COLOR=violet]?[/COLOR][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Unique View Post
    The Heart of the Wood, Part III is the quest you need to open up superior workbench access.

You need to start it by talking to a NOVICE Woodworker which can be found in the starter craft areas like Michel Delving, Bree, or Celondim.

It will then direct you to Thornley's to talk to Millicent.....
    Thank you,