We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: This is a must read for new players!

This is an awesome source of info, especially for someone like me who hasn't played LOTRO in quite awhile. Thank you so much for this, I was worried about getting overwhelmed with trying to re-learn the game again. This resource will make it less painful to get back into the game!

Thanks for the nice website content. It is surely useful to new players like me.
    Will use it a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by IowaHawk View Post
    All credit goes to Tawariel and anyone that contributed to this resource. It is MAGNIFICENT. I am absolutely compelled to endorse it:

http://lotro.mmorsel.com/2010/02/choosing-server.html

Simply unbelievable quality. I am a 2 year LOTRO vet and can't get enough of it. I am showing all of my friends.
    How do you start up the game?

Need help really bad

I downloaded lord of ther rings online for free when i sign on it wont pop up the character in the create the new character so i had my uncle make a acount for me but when i try to load it it wont load i need help if u can please and thanks.

This is a great source of info for nearly everything in the game. It really helped me out when I began playing again recently.

Thanks to everyone who worked on it.

Thumbs up Re: This is a must read for new players!

Quote Originally Posted by IowaHawk View Post
    I second this motion.
    I third it!

could you tell me how to get a pet?!?! because i see people walking around with grizzly bears!!

Quote Originally Posted by rindired View Post
    could you tell me how to get a pet?!?! because i see people walking around with grizzly bears!!
    Those are not "pets" per se. Those players are playing loremasters, and part of the deal with a loremaster is that they have animals that fight alongside them. The other classes (with the captain as the other exception) do not have pets.
    Firefoot: Elendale (hunter) Galorlas (champ) Grimlaff (warden) Corny (warg)

Thanks for this. I am brand new to the game and this will be my reference for everything. Perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by CommoMP View Post
    I am so thankful for this site. Been playing off and on for 2 years now and still havn't leveld my toon over level 7. My main reason is because it's so hard finding the quest markers. In this I mean the beginning and the eventual places the quest is supposed to take you to. It is most frustrating. You follow a very small arrow on your map and when your in the area it seems to disappear. Wish I could figure it out, since that is the sole reason I don't play as often as I should. I play SWG mostly and one of the main reasons is that you can just create a /way point or/wp and you have an arrow and great big beam of light that directs you forever to the point you want to go to. Any suggestions so I can continue up my path to leveling up my toon?
    Not really on-topic, but since it's a new-player kind of question:

The arrow on your map does indeed disappear; it does so as soon as the place you need to go becomes visible on the radar. As an extra indication that you're in the right spot (or at least really close), the name of the area you're on, displayed below the radar, will start to blink. For 'kill <monster> in area X', the blinking name is all you need - from here on, your kills will count. For 'talk to NPC Y', look for a ring icon now displayed on the radar. (If the arrow only just disappeared, the ring should be right about where the arrow used to be.)

For some quests, finding the NPC (or whatever you're looking for) is supposed to be a challenge, and there won't be a ring icon. For those, check the quest information for clues.

Hope this helps!

Just newly arrived to this great site.

I was wondering where do I change my avatar to where I can upload photo? I'm thinking that it's creating a new character, am I right?

Als nieuwe Nederlandse Speler moet je dit lezen

Als je het Engels niet zo goed begrijpt kijk dan hier ff naar.
    If you're Dutch and English is not your best look here.

Nederlandse Starter Tips

Weapon Power/Life Low...

Hey Folks, I'm finally at Level 11 Minstrel, and am trying to complete a quest in the Shire, however, everything or person I try to fight "whoops" up on me like crazy. It almost seems as though my weapon power or stamina (or something) is out of whack, and I can't get the "fight" I had earlier in the game. I have to keep "retreating" and it's getting old. Any suggestions?...

Thank you, and much appreciated.

Sorry about that. I accidentally hit "Reply" instead of "Post New Thread."

Quote Originally Posted by elvinaherewood View Post
    Just newly arrived to this great site.

I was wondering where do I change my avatar to where I can upload photo? I'm thinking that it's creating a new character, am I right?
    Go to the top of the screen to my preferences and you get a drop down menu.
    Then click on my avatar and you can choose a prefix or upload
    (the file should be JPEG, PNG or GIF format, no larger than 700x700, and no more than 1MB in size)

You can not create a new character on the forums.

Hope to see your avatar soon.

I am new to LOTRO (this is actually my first post) and fairly new to MMO's themselves (I'm still learning some of the basic terms). This site is awesome! Thank you for the time and resources it took to put this together.

Post Re: This is a must read for new players!

im a new player and im downloading lotro rite now can anybody say how big is this game anyway? i know its more than 6gb

Last time I checked I think my LOTRO folder was 12 GB ish.

Good thing I signed on Elendilmir from the start! lol

Ty for all the help. Much better than DDO

AW: This is a must read for new players!

i'm new player and i couldn't select a rasse at the begining of the game
    waht can i do?

Re: AW: This is a must read for new players!

Quote Originally Posted by Manefred View Post
    i'm new player and i couldn't select a rasse at the begining of the game
    waht can i do?
    It's a known bug that pops up sometimes when you have dx10 enabled at startup. Start the game, open up the options, graphics, and disable dx10/ enable dx9. Then restart the game and that should fix it. Once you have your characters created you can enable dx10 in the game again for the pretty lights and effects.

Is there any place that tells when peak server times are for choosing a server? I recently switched from a different game and was put on a west coast server that generally was active at about midnight eastern time so I had trouble being a part of a lot of the aspects of the game and it was probably a big reason that I lost interest in it.

Quote Originally Posted by DarbyOgil View Post
    Is there any place that tells when peak server times are for choosing a server? I recently switched from a different game and was put on a west coast server that generally was active at about midnight eastern time so I had trouble being a part of a lot of the aspects of the game and it was probably a big reason that I lost interest in it.
    All of the servers are physically based in Massachusetts. There really isn't any "regional" servers in lotro, like there are in some games. So there really aren't any west coast/ east coast servers here.

That being said, there are a couple of things to look for. Elendilmer has a larger Aussie population than most, so it'll have a different peak time- it'll be a little more spread out. There are also a number of servers with the [EU] designation. Those are the servers that were moved from Europe, and the majority of players on them are still in Europe, so their peak times will conincide with them. (You'll also notice the language designation on many of them)

Thanks for the quick response. I'll just go with the one they recomended for me then so I can start playing!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast