We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

This is a must read for new players!

All credit goes to Tawariel and anyone that contributed to this resource. It is MAGNIFICENT. I am absolutely compelled to endorse it:

http://lotro.mmorsel.com/2010/02/choosing-server.html

Simply unbelievable quality. I am a 2 year LOTRO vet and can't get enough of it. I am showing all of my friends.
    Last edited by Clover; Mar 30 2010 at 12:50 PM.

Re: This is a must read for new players!

That site has very good guides for new players. /endorsed
    [SIZE=2][B][COLOR=goldenrod]Aphadrim uin Calad (Followers of Light) Kinship on Elendilmir[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]
    [size=1][URL=http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=249684]AuC Official LOTRO Forum Thread[/URL]
    [COLOR=#0ac92b]Gloriel Ingalad's Elven RP Poems & Stories [url=http://my.lotro.com/character/elendilmir/gloriel/journal/]Here[/url][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#e33638]Tester from SoA Alpha Phase 3 through Update 6 & Founder[/COLOR] ... [url=http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?173114-Along-the-Paths-of-Middle-earth][color=#8deeee]Link to over [b]700[/b] of my quality screenshots[/color][/url][/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by IowaHawk View Post
    All credit goes to Tawariel and anyone that contributed to this resource. It is MAGNIFICENT. I am absolutely compelled to endorse it:

http://lotro.mmorsel.com/2010/02/choosing-server.html

Simply unbelievable quality. I am a 2 year LOTRO vet and can't get enough of it. I am showing all of my friends.
    OK, now I'm blushing. At least half the credit goes to my friend and my co-author, Lunatuna. Thanks for the kind words, Ferghuss!

nice website! I wish I had a resource like that available when I started playing, haha

can we get a forum title for Tawariel and Lunatuna? I think they deserve it
    Westhalian-Firefoot, Vyspark-Crickhollow, I'm not quite 1337 but I'm close...1336
    [URL="http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/info385-PredictInGameTime.html"]Predict In-Game Time[/URL] plugin
    "Community is all of us together. As the current community, we have a huge opportunity to <transform teh nuubs into our awesomeness>" - Clover (paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by ScrappyTheGreat View Post
    I second this motion.

I wanted to post links to each of our Getting Started articles here, for folks who don't want to read the whole series at once:

Choosing a Server
    Choosing a Class, Part 1: Soloing
    Choosing a Class, Part 2: Grouping
    Winning Race & Class Combos
    Last edited by Lunatuna; Sep 03 2010 at 10:31 AM.

Yay! Lunatuna...the second of the Dynamic Duo! Thanks for the links...and the guides! My friends just adore them.

good to see this guide got stickied so fast...I also endorse it! Funny to see a beginners guide that even experienced players enjoy reading hehe..

For new players, this guide covers the whole gambit about class selection, races, servers. IMO it's the second most important thing to read, aside from the game manual.
    My alternate Personality is Elyxthaxzus. Plz dont confuse us, were actually quite different.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000240062/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by ScrappyTheGreat View Post
    nice website! I wish I had a resource like that available when I started playing, haha

I completely agree! This is full of well-thought out information that is really well said and put together. Kudos!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/072060000000f13b3/01008/signature.png]Celeodor[/charsig]
    [color=aqua]~[b]Celeodor, Halenden, Plantri, Renbrand[/b][/color]
    [color=darkred]~[color=red][b]Brishnak, Asknai, Ohey[/b][/color], Venanor, Controversy, Sharc, Lugsha[/color]
    [color=gold]~GotV Kinship of Windfola[/color]

Wow great guids, I wish I'd had this info when I first joined, may want to edit the new links into the origional post.

Ps. I agree, they should get a forum title.
    [CENTER][COLOR=lightblue]Iinferno - r12 LM[/COLOR][COLOR=red] IVillKillU - r8 Reaver[/COLOR][COLOR=orange] Dongramorthil - Warden[/COLOR] [COLOR=Magenta]Doalin - Hunter [/COLOR][COLOR=#696969]​Defaelearin - RK [/COLOR][COLOR=#8b4513]Dongrailin - Captain [/COLOR][COLOR=#add8e6](Officer of Preying Mantis)[/COLOR]
    [SIZE=1][SIZE=2][COLOR=#00ff00]Author of[/COLOR][/SIZE][COLOR=#4b0082][SIZE=2] [URL="http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/info745-Lore-MasterDebuffHelper.html"]DebuffHelper[/URL][/SIZE]

[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [/CENTER]

Thank you! Just coming over from DDO now to check it out and these guides were invaluable to help me pick which class I'm going to try first.

Thanks!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a000000204c12/01008/signature.png]Kazrandeir[/charsig]

I am so thankful for this site. Been playing off and on for 2 years now and still havn't leveld my toon over level 7. My main reason is because it's so hard finding the quest markers. In this I mean the beginning and the eventual places the quest is supposed to take you to. It is most frustrating. You follow a very small arrow on your map and when your in the area it seems to disappear. Wish I could figure it out, since that is the sole reason I don't play as often as I should. I play SWG mostly and one of the main reasons is that you can just create a /way point or/wp and you have an arrow and great big beam of light that directs you forever to the point you want to go to. Any suggestions so I can continue up my path to leveling up my toon?

First off nice guide second off Hi all new player here though some may recall me from the MEO days and the early days of beta. Glad to be back albeit as a casual player but still its great to be posting back here again cya all ingame

Indeed a must have, thanks to whoever wrote it!

Quote Originally Posted by CommoMP View Post
    I am so thankful for this site. Been playing off and on for 2 years now and still havn't leveld my toon over level 7. My main reason is because it's so hard finding the quest markers. In this I mean the beginning and the eventual places the quest is supposed to take you to. It is most frustrating. You follow a very small arrow on your map and when your in the area it seems to disappear. Wish I could figure it out, since that is the sole reason I don't play as often as I should. I play SWG mostly and one of the main reasons is that you can just create a /way point or/wp and you have an arrow and great big beam of light that directs you forever to the point you want to go to. Any suggestions so I can continue up my path to leveling up my toon?
    Sure! Easy suggestion for you- read the quest dialog! It will usually tell you who/ what you're looking for, where it is, and what to do with it. Those quest dialogs are your lifeline to actually being able to finishing the quests. Not just following the arrows. In fact, the vast majority of the time you don't need the arrows at all. Just doing a bit of reading will solve that problem for you.
    Firefoot: Elendale (hunter) Galorlas (champ) Grimlaff (warden) Corny (warg)

Talking Re: This is a must read for new players!

This is my first ever post in the forums, and judging from the responses above I picked a good place to start. Thanks very much to the author for providing this link.

Thumbs down Re: This is a must read for new players!

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphor View Post
    Indeed a must have, thanks to whoever wrote it!
    Major thanks, this site is amazingly helpful.

I rolled on Landroval and have loved the community!

Also their leveling guide page is GREAT for F2pers

http://lotro.mmorsel.com/2010/08/lev...for-22-31.html

REALLY awesome guide that points out where you start wanting to make the decision about upgrading from f2p. also goes over benefits of which questpack to buy, etc.

So far everyone reccomends going VIP for at least 1 month because it unlocks all levels up to 50 I believe, plus auction house, riding, bag space, etc.

I just bought some points at the store so it upgraded me to premium. Maybe will do the VIP thing but I sorta have another addiction *cough* wow *cough*

As a new player I have to say this is a great help!

Really good guide. Thanks so much for writing this. It's helping me decide on my next race/class combo. Only disappointment was no race/class combos in the "to consider" section for hobbits. Or has that been discussed to death in another thread?

Smile Re: This is a must read for new players!

The site is really good. I'm a new player so it helped...

I just cant figure out what to click to play the freakin game

Quote Originally Posted by hotVanilla92 View Post
    I just cant figure out what to click to play the freakin game
    Have you downloaded the game yet? That's the first step. It's a very large download. To download it, click on that tab at the top of the forums that says, "Download the Game." It is NOT a web based game, it is a full fledged download and install game.

Once it's downloaded and install look for the lotro icon in your games folder and click that. It'll start up the game and ask you to log in after it patches. Your log in and password are the same as the ones you used to log into the forums. Should be pretty obvious from there.
    Firefoot: Elendale (hunter) Galorlas (champ) Grimlaff (warden) Corny (warg)

Angry Re: Please Help

when i try to create a player it won't let me pick a race

Re: Please Help

Quote Originally Posted by soulhunter13 View Post
    when i try to create a player it won't let me pick a race
    You get to pick skin color, so you can go as dark or as light as you like. Just start clicking around the color bar for skin color and you'll see what I mean.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast