We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Logitech G15 Keyboard Question

I just moved up from the G11 today and am quite glad I did so. The keyboard come pre configured for LOTRO to show your morale and power bar in the LCD screen along with your location and mood. All of which is completely useless to display being that it is already on screen and I have been trained to look there since closed beta.

Is there any way to change what I can display as far as stats for this game. The documentation that comes with this keyboard is useless to say the least. Any help at all here would be fantastic.

Re: Logitech G15 Keyboard Question

I had a g15 until my cat decided to cough up a hairball all over the keyboard. It never worked right after that.

Anyways, back to your question. In some games you get different screens to show different stats but with lotro, you only get the one. The only thing I use the screen for is to check my mood.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320200000022594e/01003/signature.png]Looneytunes[/charsig]

unfortunately, I found it rather useless as well. The only way to get other functionality would be to write it yourself. I typically set my display to the Ventrillo plugin so I can see who is talking and don't use the Lotro options for the keyboard. The other handy function is the timer. That is nice for GS or Forges where you are on the clock and you can see how much time you have left.

I also made a macro that told who I was mezzing/fearing and for how long, but quickly found that people would target that mob, so I removed it :/

I've had the G15 for several months now and I still haven't found any use for it in LotRO. The one info screen it provides is just a duplicate of what's on screen, and you don't really want to be looking down at your keyboard for info anyway. It's not much good for actually playing either because you still need your actual keyboard in some cases (especially if you do any typing), though it might not be so bad if you actually have room on your desk for both, unlike me.

That being said, the G15 is awesome for FPS games. Also, if you run FRAPS it'll give you a display on the LCD that shows a scrolling graph of your frame rate plus some other info about the current resolution and DirectX mode.
    My New Year's resolution is 1920x1080.

G15 is excellent for vent info...
    Razor // Lusitanius // Crickhollow ~ Portuguese Kinship //

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon

You cannot change the information LOTRO displays in the LCD, it is coded into the game. If you search the forums there are a number of threads where people have offered their set ups and various macros for the G15 and G13.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    You cannot change the information LOTRO displays in the LCD, it is coded into the game. If you search the forums there are a number of threads where people have offered their set ups and various macros for the G15 and G13.
    Translation: Submit a feature request for more G15 info?
    My New Year's resolution is 1920x1080.

Too bad the game sets limitations to just the basics. It would be nice to have slayer deed totals available and stuff likr that. I am finding that using Everest is getting me a fair decent amount of info about my system with up to a 4 page capacity so that will probably work all round for myself. I do like the suggestion of the timer/stopwatch that is built in for occasional use.

Quote Originally Posted by Galahadur View Post
    G15 is excellent for vent info...
    yup i use it mostly for that. its nice to see who joins vent, who is talking, all that jazz. sure u can have the vent sounds on. but who wants to hear that girl say blah has connected, blah has diconnected. etc etc.

I Also use the display for RSS feeds, news reports and what not.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000293dbf/signature.png]Syce[/charsig]